Unknown Diesel remix

Lothario

Mar 8, 2001, 6:13:19 AM3/8/01
"The Oslo Spektrum is the same place as Quarashi played their unreleased
Diesel Power remix during the raveparty Hyperstate." - taken from
Jugesprodigy.net

What's this about? Is it another SMBU (fatboy slim remix)-type o thing.

Lothario

Greg Bedwell

Mar 8, 2001, 5:25:59 PM3/8/01
Lothario <iam...@hippie.dk> wrote

I'm quoting from memory here, but IIRC Liam let some Icelandic group do
a remix of Diesel Power a while back. I remember that he said that they
had permission to do whatever they wanted with the song.

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the right thing here, and I know that
there isn't any real solid information in there, but it might help jog
someone's memory.

Greg Bedwell IRCnet: Bloke ICQ:13633176
Greg <at> bedwell1 .dot. demon .dot. co .dot. uk
**THE MIX RECORDINGS**: http://www.skylined.org/the_mix/
Prodigy News and Info :
http://www.prodigy-nexus.co.uk http://www.prodigynews.co.uk

Lothario

Mar 8, 2001, 5:59:11 PM3/8/01
Greg Bedwell wrote:

> Lothario <iam...@hippie.dk> wrote
> >"The Oslo Spektrum is the same place as Quarashi played their unreleased
> >Diesel Power remix during the raveparty Hyperstate." - taken from
> >Jugesprodigy.net
> >
> >What's this about? Is it another SMBU (fatboy slim remix)-type o thing.
> >

> I'm quoting from memory here, but IIRC Liam let some Icelandic group do
> a remix of Diesel Power a while back. I remember that he said that they
> had permission to do whatever they wanted with the song.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the right thing here, and I know that
> there isn't any real solid information in there, but it might help jog
> someone's memory.

Is this live remix available somewhere?

Dinosaur Blast

Mar 8, 2001, 8:42:56 PM3/8/01

> What's this about? Is it another SMBU (fatboy slim remix)-type o thing.

Good you brought that up. I saw the SMBU (FBS RMX) or Gnotella
yesterday, but didn't bother with it because I assumed it was something
hokey.... what's the story with that?

indo

Lothario

Mar 9, 2001, 5:29:19 AM3/9/01
Dinosaur Blast wrote:

It's not an official remix. Fatboy Slim played it live and put some beats and
a TB-303 over it. Someone recorded it in the crowd and called it the Fatboy
Slim Remix of SMBU. Can't remember where it's from though...

Lothario

will chuMp

Mar 9, 2001, 1:51:07 PM3/9/01

not really.
The 'fatboy slim remix of smbu' is in fact part of the breeze block
mix norman cook (FBS) did on the 21/10/97.
All it it is is acid enlightenment by aldo bender being mixed in to
smbu then mixed out to another track, standard dj stuff really. Kinda
like calling the beatless part of the breeze block mix the liam
howlett mix.

Greg Bedwell

Mar 9, 2001, 4:22:21 PM3/9/01
Lothario <iam...@hippie.dk> wrote

Aah - I found the article that I remembered. This is from EN News (RIP)
of the 10th May 1999:

DIESEL POWER REMIXED

An officially approved band's remix of Diesel Power seems to be in
existence, and has been for some time, apparently. EN subscriber
Øyvind Lindahl sent us this news ...:

"Last night I found some information about a band from Iceland called
Quarashi. I downloaded some tunes they had on their homepage, and
found it to be a really cool band.

Their homepage (in Icelandic, Norwegian & English) :

http://ntwww.strengur.is/qrc/

But what I'm coming to is that this band have been warming up for The
Prodigy early in 1998. Have anybody seen them?

I could also read the Quarashi have remixed Diesel Power for The
Prodigy. Have anybody heard the mix? Or, does anybody have it?

On the Quarashi story page it said that Liam was very pleased with the
remix, and that it had a real Quarashi sound."

EN took a look at the text on the Quarashi page about the alleged
Diesel Power remix :

"In May a surprise inquiry came from England. They were contacted by
Prodigy who wanted to know if Quarashi would make a remix of their
single "Dizel Power". Sølvi Bløndal accepted immediately. The message
was clear. You are free to do whatever you want.

The remix was completed during the summer and the master tape was sent
to England. Prodigy liked the result so much that they didn't make any
changes."

--
Greg Bedwell