PETE PRODGE IS ONE HELL OF A WANKER

Starrbait

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

I KNOW THIS MESSAGE IS POINTLESS BUT I JUST HAVE TO LET IT OUT!
Mr. (so called) Pete Prodge....a fan in his own right and knows all there
is,yes maybe he does but I really just have to say this....
EVERYDAY I CHECK THE PRODIGY BILLBOARD AND I FIND DESCRIMINATING MESSAGES
TO OTHERS WHO HAVE SIMPLY LEFT A HARMLESS MESSAGE OR HAVE MADE A SMALL
MISTAKE OR THE BRAINLESS TB HAS LEFT THE KEEF FANCYING MESSAGE (but we can
all understand if he does give them hell,understandebly) BUT HE GOES TO FAR
SOMETIMES AND DRIVES PEOPLE LIKE ME ABSOLUTLY BONKERS WITH HIS SMART ARSE
ANSWERS AND CORNY JOKES...
Just by writing this I'm sure I'll be recieving a little message from
Little Petie soon...as I write this message I am actually talking to a good
friend who himself understands Pete's little phobia of the FEMALE PRODIGY
FAN,But Pete you have to understand just becuase I might be female doesn't
mean I'm a KEEF FANCIER OR ISN'T LIAM CUTE FAN....
I have liked Prodigy since around One Love and before hand used to check
out some of the experience tracks,now since Voodoo People I've picked up
and go to know the Prodigy more (music wise).
Well I suppose I should wrap up this hate note to Pete but I just wanted to
say how patronising,self-absorbed and immature he is....
Thanx for your time,
A female Prodigy fan who ain't no teeney bopper,
Starrbait

Oh and Pete I hope you just loathe me by this time,so you'll understand how
much I hate you!

Peter Thomas

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

"Starrbait" <pro...@intercoast.com.au> wrote:

>I KNOW THIS MESSAGE IS POINTLESS BUT I JUST HAVE TO LET IT OUT!

That explains all your other postings!

>Mr. (so called) Pete Prodge

"Pete Prodge" is a nickname given to me by my mates, back in 1995.

>....a fan in his own right and knows all there
>is,yes maybe he does but I really just have to say this....
>EVERYDAY I CHECK THE PRODIGY BILLBOARD AND I FIND DESCRIMINATING MESSAGES
>TO OTHERS WHO HAVE SIMPLY LEFT A HARMLESS MESSAGE

*your opinion*

What about last night when some fucker left in some html coding that
made all browsers jump to his homepage? If it weren't for me erasing
his message, all the billboarders would be left in a state of
confusion (not that that's a new thing!).

>OR HAVE MADE A SMALL MISTAKE

*your opinion*

>OR THE BRAINLESS TB HAS LEFT THE KEEF FANCYING MESSAGE (but we can
>all understand if he does give them hell,understandebly) BUT HE GOES TO FAR
>SOMETIMES AND DRIVES PEOPLE LIKE ME ABSOLUTLY BONKERS WITH HIS SMART ARSE
>ANSWERS

'Smart ass answers' will always appear when there are so many morons
around. If they don't like it, they shouldn't have been so stupid in
the first place.

>AND CORNY JOKES...

Don't remember writing any...

>Just by writing this I'm sure I'll be recieving a little message from
>Little Petie soon...

Expect to hear from others too. You really haven't a clue on how to
make yourself welcome anywhere. Slagging off Teemu as a teenybopper is
also going to make yourself look stupid (again, not a new thing).

>as I write this message I am actually talking to a good friend

An imaginary one. :)

>who himself understands Pete's little phobia of the FEMALE PRODIGY FAN,

Really? Okay, time for some facts, which I know you don't like, but
hey, if we want to bring some reality into this thread, we have to
talk facts... here they are:

If I am supposed to fear/hate female Prodigy fans, explain this:

1. Why did I buy a Brixton 96 ticket for my girlfriend-at-the-time?
2. Why did I arrange to meet with Georgina Ross in London to get us
tickets?
3. Why do girls like Marjolein Verbeek, Joanna Apps, etc talk to me on
the #prodigy channel on IRCnet?
4. Why did Joanna Apps meet me and some other fans in a pub?
5. Why am I in a constant e-mail thread with Gemma Bridle?
6. Why did I help the two female Prodigy fans (Emma is on this group)
into the standing area at Brixton 97?
7. Why did I lend out one of my Prodigy t-shirts to my girlfriend in
96?
8. Or to Nina (a friend) last year?
9. Why have I got a Prodigy postcard from Katherine (e-mail friend) in
Australia?
10. Why am I taping a load of rare Prodigy trax for a girl in
Chesterfield?

Have fun trying to respond to all the above points. Oh, and the last
time someone accused me of being anti-female, it was done by an AOLer,
who claimed that I was gay (yes, such an amazing way of thinking!) and
he immediately changed his screenname because of all the abuse he was
getting.

>But Pete you have to understand just becuase I might be female

I had no idea that you were female until I saw you post with your real
name (Rachel Basford).

I don't discriminate against female fans. I discriminate against
STUPID TEENYBOPPERS and OTHER RETARDS, which include male and female!

Mike Putnam, Brian Innes, 2 Heads Talking, Zeal, Zenith, etc...

Are these idiots female?

I have a go at Tara on the billboard, sure, but that's nothing to do
with her gender. When someone is dumb enough to say things like:
"anyone who owns the Prodigy Electronic Punks video is an obsessive!"
or "I'm 17, you're 23, you're old enough to be my father"...

...then you just got snigger at helpless idiots like that.

>doesn't mean I'm a KEEF FANCIER OR ISN'T LIAM CUTE FAN....

I never said that.

>I have liked Prodigy since around One Love and before hand used to check
>out some of the experience tracks,now since Voodoo People I've picked up
>and go to know the Prodigy more (music wise).
>Well I suppose I should wrap up this hate note to Pete but I just wanted to
>say how patronising,self-absorbed and immature he is....

As opposed to you?

This whole message has been *patronising.*

As for your false claim that we are all "so-called Prodigy fans" -
that's very *self-absorbed.* Are you sure you can get your head out of
the door?

Immature? I'm not the one writing shit like <name> IS ONE HELL OF A
WANKER. I also happen to have a working caps-lock key :)

If anyone's immature, it's people who go "You've got a pickle up your
ass".

>Thanx for your time,
>A female Prodigy fan who ain't no teeney bopper,

You're not a keef-fancier. But you are a teenybopper.

>Oh and Pete I hope you just loathe me by this time,

Wrong. I don't *hate* anyone here. I've had many enemies here (some of
them eventually see sense and drop the act, and become mates with me).

I certainly don't lie awake thinking about my enemies.

If anything, I'm the one who should be glad for flamers like you -
You've got NO arguement, you write like a retard and you're an
egotistical child - That's *EXACTLY* the kind of person I want to hate
me!

>so you'll understand how much I hate you!

See above! I'm *very* happy that you hate me! What have I got to lose?
No-one else here likes you, people think you're a jerk, so I'm the one
who gets to gain something from this! If you have any commonsense,
you'd drop this now.

If you were well-informed, mature, clever, rational, etc, and you had
a go at me, then, yes, I'd be pissed off. That's not likely to happen!

--
Keep it up. Slag me off.
Peter Prodge...
New? READ THE PRODIGY FAQ at www.prodge.demon.co.uk
Ignore & killfile "anonymous" in order to preserve this group

Eleusi217

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

>: "Starrbait"

>I KNOW THIS MESSAGE IS POINTLESS BUT I JUST HAVE >TO LET IT OUT!

Knock off the caps lock. This isn't the billboard.

>who himself understands Pete's little phobia of the FEMALE
>PRODIGY FAN,

Probably more like "phobia of the caps lock infested newbie that insists on
insulting three if not more regulars in her relatively short time here in
addition to creating an 'I Hate Pete' post which should have been sent by email
so as not to annoy absolutely everyone else in the ng with childish antics."

>Well I suppose I should wrap up this hate note to Pete but I just >wanted to
>say how patronising,self-absorbed and immature he is....

>A female Prodigy fan who ain't no teeney bopper,

Telling a regular here to "grow a dick" is not doing much for your case. Nor
are any of your other random insults.

Kristin

Tim O.

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

>friend who himself understands Pete's little phobia of the FEMALE PRODIGY
>FAN,But Pete you have to understand just becuase I might be female doesn't

How did you come to this conclusion? Because he slagged you off? He's
also slagged off some male Prodigy fans. Does that mean he also has
something against male Prodigy fans?

There are many female Prodigy fans, including in this newsgroup, that
Pete gets along with just fine.

....but since you seem to know everything about Pete and some others
in here, including that Teemu is a teenybopper, you probably already
knew this.

>mean I'm a KEEF FANCIER OR ISN'T LIAM CUTE FAN....

Did anybody say that you are?

>Well I suppose I should wrap up this hate note to Pete but I just wanted to
>say how patronising,self-absorbed and immature he is....

Look who's talking. How about stopping your immature and hypocritical
temper tantrums before calling others self-absorbed, immature, etc.

--
Please remove nospam from address when replying via e-mail.

Starrbait

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

I thought Newsgroups were to spread YOUR opinion,I respect that
You,Kristen,don't care much for my idea and thoughts....
but I find it an insult to my intelligence that people like you will not
give me a chance to say what I think.I find you an insult to the human
race!
Like many other people here!
This newsgroup is a waste of time,and now I realise that talking to people
like yourself is just a waste of time and that most Prodigy fans are just
bitches....
Starrbait signing off....to the REAL world!

Peter Thomas

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

"Starrbait" <pro...@intercoast.com.au> wrote:

>I thought Newsgroups were to spread YOUR opinion,

They are, and everyone's doing it!

(Memo to Starrbait: See optician today, urgently)

>I respect that You,Kristen,don't care much for my idea and thoughts....

That last bit sounded nice... but read on... she totally goes back on
that!

>but I find it an insult to my intelligence

What intelligence?

>that people like you will not give me a chance to say what I think.

By all means, say what you think. Just remember to be observant,
tolerant and informed when you say it. Otherwise you will be
humiliated, again and again and again.

>I find you an insult to the human race!

What was that about respecting Kristin?

>Like many other people here!

Remember what I say about tolerance.

>This newsgroup is a waste of time,

Aha...she's getting the idea... she's not wanted...

>and now I realise that talking to people like yourself is just a waste
>of time

You didn't GET anything of what Kristin said, did you? You read it,
but you didn't take a word of it in, did you? It was too much for your
over-inflated ego. Poor little Starrbait.

Okay, get back on the billboard. That contains some of the biggest
fuckwits known to man. You should be in your element there.

>and that most Prodigy fans are just bitches....

Actually, the fans here who've bitched on you had a right to do so.
You went round here putting on the big "I am", giving out immature
insults, calling people like Teemu a teenybopper (who you don't even
know!) and when it came to the crunch, when we came back at you, you
just couldn't handle it.

You find it okay to give it out, but you can't take any of it back, so
you're back to crying under mummy's skirt.

We're glad you're off this newsgroup. You've been nothing but a total
hypocritical mindfuck. We're proud of having made you leave.

I think the word is, VICTORY!

(Glasses of champagne all round for us)

>Starrbait signing off....to the REAL world!

You won't like it there either.

--
Sanity 1 - Teenyboppers 0.

Tim O.

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

On 12 Jan 1998 06:26:26 GMT, "Starrbait" <pro...@intercoast.com.au>
wrote:

>I thought Newsgroups were to spread YOUR opinion,I respect that

>You,Kristen,don't care much for my idea and thoughts....

>but I find it an insult to my intelligence that people like you will not
>give me a chance to say what I think.I find you an insult to the human
>race!

Nobody has anything against you you sharing your opinion and talking
about the Prodigy.

However, pretty much all you seem to be doing in here is being
immature while at the same time you are calling others immature. You
seem to be on some type of quest to proove that you aren't a
teenybopper, and you are constantly whinging and complaining about
Pete and others.

If that is the only opinion you want to spread and if you think that
all qualifies as an appropriate discussion, then it is no wonder that
people don't care for your ideas and thoughts.

>Like many other people here!

>This newsgroup is a waste of time,and now I realise that talking to people

Joe Collver

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

Starrbait wrote in message <01bd1f22$2458f240$447116cb@7603hvg60286>...

>I thought Newsgroups were to spread YOUR opinion,I respect that
>You,Kristen,don't care much for my idea and thoughts....
>but I find it an insult to my intelligence that people like you will not
>give me a chance to say what I think.I find you an insult to the human
>race!

Oh give me a friggin' break. "Listen to every misinformed, spiteful,
useless word I say, even though I pre-judge everything you have to say as
bollucks." -- Starrbatty

>This newsgroup is a waste of time,and now I realise that talking to people

>like yourself is just a waste of time and that most Prodigy fans are just
>bitches....

If people like you found other bands to drool over (and dream of collecting
sperm from) it would certainly help to alleviate the problem.

>Starrbait signing off....to the REAL world!

It's usually the people with anxiety over whether they have lives or not who
have to make insipid comments like that to reaffirm themselves. Why the
hell should I care if you have a life or not? As far as it effects me, you
don't even exist.

--Joe,
the p.o.'d yank...

Gemma Bridle

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

In article <01bd1f22$2458f240$447116cb@7603hvg60286>, Starrbait
<pro...@intercoast.com.au> writes

>Starrbait signing off....to the REAL world!

Best news I've heard in a long time!

Gemma Bridle *ICQ - 6718416*

New to this newsgroup? then please read the Prodigy FAQ
www.prodge.demon.co.uk

Trinia

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

>New to this newsgroup? then please read the Prodigy FAQ
>www.prodge.demon.co.uk

Aww, please...

*Trinia*

Gemma Bridle

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

In article <884804913.971590@nn1>, Trinia <trin...@hotmail.comNO>
writes

>>New to this newsgroup? then please read the Prodigy FAQ
>>www.prodge.demon.co.uk
>
>Aww, please...

???????

>*Trinia*

Gemma Bridle *ICQ - 6718416*

New to this newsgroup? then please read the Prodigy FAQ
www.prodge.demon.co.uk

Andrew

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

In article <SieoJNAZ...@bridle1.demon.co.uk>, Gemma Bridle
<ge...@bridle1.demon.co.uk> writes

Well this whole post has completely confused me!

?~?~~~~?~?
<* &ROO *>
%^%^%^%^%^

IIIIII CCCCCC QQQQ
II C Q Q
II C Q Q
II C Q Q
IIIIII CCCCCC QQQQ

fivetwosevenfourzerothreenine
5 2 7 4 0 3 9

Eleusi217

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

>"Starrbait"

>I thought Newsgroups were to spread YOUR opinion

Your opinions about the prodigy.

>,I respect that
>You,Kristen,don't care much for my idea and thoughts....

Oi, Starbait. Seeing as you and I have never talked about your ideas and
thoughts...

What I don't care for is your penchant for insulting people at will. Calling
Teemu a teenybopper, telling Mike to grow a dick, and starting a huge Pete is a
wanker thread has nothing to do with the prodigy. If you have *such* a problem
with these people, it is common courtesey to email them with a complaint.

>but I find it an insult to my intelligence that people like you will not
>give me a chance to say what I think.

>I find you an insult to the human
>race!

Err...gee thanks. This only makes you look like more of a complete moron.

>Like many other people here!

< Passing champagne...Cheers everyone!>

>This newsgroup is a waste of time,and now I realise that talking to >people
>like yourself is just a waste of time and that most Prodigy fans are
>just bitches....

What did you expect with the attitude that you walked in here with? This is a
group of people that you have never met, and you in essence alienated yourself.
I see only two prodigy related posts by you...one I answered with an
insult-free honest answer, and the other (survey teenie) that I did not as it
was of no interest to me. The rest consist of you attacking people that you do
not know.

>Starrbait signing off....to the REAL world!

If you can't handle it in here, good luck in the REAL world.

Kristin

Eleusi217

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

Tha SaintX

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

Yah!

DONT YOU JUST HATE SOME STUFF HE SAYS!

Peter Thomas

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

>Yah!
>DONT YOU JUST HATE SOME STUFF HE SAYS!

Well, *you* probably do, seeing as you're the webmaster of a terribly
inaccurate site, and you can't take criticism.

Your problem, not mine.

Oh, btw, take a look at what happens to people who slag me off to look
good. See www.dejanews.com

--
They dont, er, last very long...
Peter Prodge...

Tha SaintX

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

OK, look!
i said that yu are a definate prodge fan and know more than me....but you are
always trying to make ppl feel inferior. its not very nice. My site is not
inaccurate everything you told me was wrong i fixed except the links.

my site is accurate and much more updated than yers. hmmph, everyday.

well, even if it is all wrong funny ppl must not think so considering it
nearing 100,000 visitors

Peter Thomas

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

This guy is the same in e-mail! He can't keep a thread going! Stop
making a new message all the time!

>OK, look!
>i said that yu are a definate prodge fan and know more than me....but you are
>always trying to make ppl feel inferior

Wrong. Get your sweeping generalizations put on some other newsgroup.

In any case, you've tried to make me feel inferior.

*HYPOCRITE!*

>its not very nice.

So? I do it to those who try to attack me. You tried it, so you got
it. Don't complain. I give as good as I get.

>My site is not inaccurate everything you told me was wrong i fixed

Wrong. The Firestarter lyrics... (which you thought were Fuel My Fire
lyrics!!! LOL!)

>except the links.

You should fix those. Some of the lamest sites in existence are listed
as 'The best'. LOL!

Also: "A new Prodigy video should be released within the next few
weeks,"
Bullshit! It'll be around summer! Please pay attention!

>my site is accurate and much more updated than yers. hmmph, everyday.

So? I could update a site every hour with stuff like this
"Prodigy will collaborate with Sp*ce G*rls"
"Liam shot dead!"
"Maxim is female!"

Would that be accurate? No...

http://www.microsoft.com is one of the most updated sites on the web,
but it's still shit!

>well, even if it is all wrong funny ppl must not think so considering it
>nearing 100,000 visitors

...because you decide to take part in pathetic web-rings?

Real webmasters who care about their site's content always reject
offers of webrings.

I've had over 10! I rejected each one immediately! So does Tobi!

And you haven't had 100,000 visitors anyway.

--
Counter is for hits. Not for people.

Sad Loser

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

Tako rzecze thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) :

>OK, look!
>i said that yu are a definate prodge fan and know more than me....but you are

>always trying to make ppl feel inferior. its not very nice.

booo...
whinge whinge.

>My site is not
>inaccurate everything you told me was wrong i fixed except the links.

So NOW it's not. But it WAS.

>my site is accurate and much more updated than yers. hmmph, everyday.

>well, even if it is all wrong funny ppl must not think so considering it
>nearing 100,000 visitors

people see your site _after_ hitting the counter... they can even think
it's shite.

counters are for webmasters who want to know how many people visit their
sites; not for those who find their sites great only because of number of
hits.

howgh.

--
Sad Loser
i'm alive and i'm alone

Eleusi217

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

>: thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX)

> My site is not
>inaccurate

The following is taken from your site:

1) "The 3rd, and probally the last, album was The Fat of the Land [June 1997
(XLCD 121/XLLP 121)]. The album was not that great [My Opinion]....After
releasing it the prodigy pretty much sold out."

2) "[Maxim] sung in the older phases of the band."

3) Lyrics to Mindfields: "Open up your head to the show shot."

And finally...the completely unforgiveable:

4) Lyrics to Music Reach: "Make me bought a shirt."

This was taken from spending less than five minutes at your site. There are
many inaccuracies and spelling errors. (I'm not usually one to harp on
spelling, but if you are going to put it up for everyone to see...)

>my site is accurate and much more updated than yers. hmmph, >everyday.

Pete's site hasn't been updated (minus FAQ) and it is still more informative
than many/most of the prodigy sites out there. That should be telling you
something.

Kristin

Tha SaintX

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

Obviously i no there are some innacuracies or i wouldnt put up that 'speech'
embarassing me. and i didnt set teh subject to that wanker thing...it was very
old i just replied.

>"The 3rd, and probally the last, album was The Fat of the Land [June 1997
>(XLCD 121/XLLP 121)]. The album was not that great [My Opinion]....After
>releasing it the prodigy pretty much sold out."

Well....whats wrong with that its all pretty much true.[My Opinion].

>"[Maxim] sung in the older phases of the band."

he did.

>Lyrics to Mindfields: "Open up your head to the show shot."

once again a simple innacuracy

>>my site is accurate and much more updated than yers. hmmph, >everyday.

well...since ppl are so picky about lyrics. everytime i find something wrong i
fix it.

>Pete's site hasn't been updated (minus FAQ) and it is still more informative
>than many/most of the prodigy sites out there. That should be telling you
>something.

Well, lemme see. the FAQ is the site. I dont think a site is that informative
(minus FAQ) when the latest peice of news in the news section is on the release
of the 7 month old FOTL.

Well almost all errors you found were in lyrics and i dont really care. and
many of things you said were wrong werent. and ig they were wrong prove it to
me

Android

Tha SaintX

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

Well hmmm i dont know who your standing up for...considering in your links
section i had a link, saying it is a great site...but it looks like you took it
away after seeing peter doesnt like my site.

Tha SaintX

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

>Tako rzecze thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) :
>
>>OK, look!
>>i said that yu are a definate prodge fan and know more than me....but you
>are
>>always trying to make ppl feel inferior. its not very nice.
>
>booo...
>whinge whinge.
>
>>My site is not

>>inaccurate everything you told me was wrong i fixed except the links.
>
>So NOW it's not. But it WAS.
>
>>my site is accurate and much more updated than yers. hmmph, everyday.
>>well, even if it is all wrong funny ppl must not think so considering it
>>nearing 100,000 visitors
>
>people see your site _after_ hitting the counter... they can even think
>it's shite.
>
>counters are for webmasters who want to know how many people visit their
>sites; not for those who find their sites great only because of number of
>hits.

well i dont find it great because of hits.
but that shows ppl come back.
also i have 850 guest entries...most *-POSITIVE-* for my site.
also recieveing many mails

the ones that are negative for my site are from losers who look up prodigy
sites and then sign the book wit bad comments.

Eleusi217

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

>> Eleusi217 wrote:

>thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX)

>>"The 3rd, and probally the last, album was The Fat of the Land >>[June 1997
>>(XLCD 121/XLLP 121)]. The album was not that great [My >>Opinion]....After
>>releasing it the prodigy pretty much sold out."

>Well....whats wrong with that its all pretty much true.[My Opinion].

It's true insofar as it's your opinion. Especially being that it is your
website. I'm griping about there being no back up. I think you should explain
why they sold out instead of stringing out a single statement. Of course, that
is my opinion.

>>"[Maxim] sung in the older phases of the band."

>he did.

He is no less vocal today than he was in the older phases.

>well...since ppl are so picky about lyrics.

Well, don't you think they should be correct if you are going to put it on an
"informative" website?

>everytime i find something wrong i
>fix it.

Good.

>>Pete's site hasn't been updated (minus FAQ) and it is still more
>>informative
>>than many/most of the prodigy sites out there. That should be >>telling you
>>something.

>Well, lemme see. the FAQ is the site.

It is not the only thing at the site.

>I dont think a site is that informative
>(minus FAQ) when the latest peice of news in the news section is
>on the release of the 7 month old FOTL.

Considering most of the sites out there are still printing "Keith is dead, but
he's going to be in a horror movie" and "Fotl is the last album" I would say it
is much more informative with faq, media, track listings, etc.

>Well almost all errors you found were in lyrics and i dont really >care.

That's sad. Why have a website if you don't care about the accuracy of the
information you are providing?

Kristin

Gemma Bridle

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

In article <886119390.1144.0...@news.demon.co.uk>, Peter
Thomas <pe...@prodge.demon.co.ukSPAMSTILLSUXX> writes

>Oh, btw, take a look at what happens to people who slag me off to look
>good. See www.dejanews.com
>
>--
>They dont, er, last very long...

Yeah, we've had Gorgebloke, Starrbait, that Putnam bloke (before I was
here) I'm sure there are more. You're heading in the same direction.

Gemma Bridle

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

In article <19980130000...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, Tha SaintX
<thas...@aol.com> writes

>Yah!
>
>DONT YOU JUST HATE SOME STUFF HE SAYS!

Nope, but I hate *ALL* the stuff you say though!

Peter Thomas

Jan 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/30/98

thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

>Obviously i no there are some innacuracies or i wouldnt put up that 'speech'
>embarassing me.

You're right. It sure did embarrass you.

>and i didnt set teh subject to that wanker thing...it was very
>old i just replied.

Yeah, but why didn't you read the whole 'Wanker' thread, as an example
of what happens when a clueless egotist tries to slag me off without
any research? You'd have seen it coming!

Instead, you write an e-mail to me, gloating that you've found people
who hate me in alt.music.prodigy-the! (Irony: I introduced you to
alt.music.prodigy-the - and those people are long gone now!)

>>"The 3rd, and probally the last, album was The Fat of the Land [June 1997
>>(XLCD 121/XLLP 121)]. The album was not that great [My Opinion]....After
>>releasing it the prodigy pretty much sold out."
>Well....whats wrong with that its all pretty much true.[My Opinion].

Opinions aren't true.
Opinions can be shown to be informed or totally misinformed.

And that opinion up there is totally and utterly misinformed. Ever
spoke to the Prodigy or their friends? You ever spent the last seven
years listening to what they have to say?

No you haven't, so stop slandering them with this "commercialism"
bullshit. The Prodigy haven't sold out. You don't know the meaning of
the words "sell out".

If the Prodigy made music they hated, they'd be selling out. Go
figure.

This proves they haven't sold out.

>>"[Maxim] sung in the older phases of the band."
>he did.

Oh yeah, like I can really hear him on the What Evil Lurks EP! LOL!

In the Experience days, he's only heard in the studio on *one* track,
and even that's a b-side!

>>Lyrics to Mindfields: "Open up your head to the show shot."
>once again a simple innacuracy

simple? You'd have to be tone-deaf. Are your ears blocked, or is it
that you're cutting and pasting from existing lame sites?
(Which you can find in the bold section of his links, ppl!)

>>>my site is accurate and much more updated than yers. hmmph, >everyday.

>well...since ppl are so picky about lyrics. everytime i find something wrong i
>fix it.

You haven't fixed "the prodigy pretty much sold out". That is not
true.

>>Pete's site hasn't been updated (minus FAQ) and it is still more informative
>>than many/most of the prodigy sites out there. That should be telling you
>>something.
>Well, lemme see. the FAQ is the site.

*cough*

102kb out of the 5meg that's already on there? What's wrong with you?
Did you get an eye transplant from Stevie Wonder?

>I dont think a site is that informative
>(minus FAQ) when the latest peice of news in the news section is on the release
>of the 7 month old FOTL.

Well maybe you'd like to consider the media section. Or the exclusive
photos and frame-grabs in GFX.

And I'll have you know that it was my News section that broke a lot of
news to people. Like my exclusive interview with Gizz Butt. The
researched prediction that Breathe would hit #1.

A personal friend of Leeroy's (he wishes to remain anonymous)
contacted me on IRC and ICQ, and has given me *shitloads* of rare
information about the band. I asked him why he was doing this, and he
said "Simple, you're site is the most informative out there on the
web".

Vox Magazine recently went thru a load of Prodigy websites for its net
section. Mine came out as the best. They even went as far as to
recommend it to net-hatin' Liam!

And my site is consistently ripped off all the time by people. It must
be good.

Having spent the last seven months without a working computer, I think
I've done pretty well for myself. The FAQ's been updated every month.

The rest of the site hasn't been much. Why? Simple. The web really is
my lowest priority. Here's a list of things that are important for
Prodigy information:

1. alt.music.prodigy-the
2. IRCnet #prodigy-the
3. ICQ
4. The web.

Simple as that. I *am* getting round to updating my site. (Actually,
it's been updated almost every day this month, but you don't know
about that)

I'm waiting for the K-Mart thread to die off so I can make a
web-mirror of this group.

I've got some news details that I haven't even mentioned on this group
yet. Wait 'til they come out...

>Well almost all errors you found were in lyrics

Er, bullshit.

>and i dont really care.

Er, of course you don't. Those 16 e-mails from you really prove that!
LOL!

>and
>many of things you said were wrong werent.

Oh come off it! Everything we picked out was wrong! Just admit it!
You've still got lies on your site even now!

>and ig they were wrong prove it to me

Just have done.

Now, will your ego please kindly leave the building?

--
"the prodigy pretty much sold out" - ARSE.

Thomas Andreassen

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

On 30 Jan 1998 00:37:29 GMT, thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

>my site is accurate and much more updated than yers. hmmph, everyday.

Oh my... My dad is stronger than your dad etc.. I don't really care,
but I disagree. Pete's site is better. At least it's all original on
his site. BTW I'd like to hear the "Inflicted" version of Fuel My Fire
containing samples from Blake's 7 thank you. How did you notice it on
this most peculiar version of FMF?

>well, even if it is all wrong funny ppl must not think so considering it
>nearing 100,000 visitors

Doesn't really prove a thing tho.. Probably most of the 100.000 hits
was by ppl with no idea what was right and what was wrong.

--
Thomas..

Thomas Andreassen

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

On 30 Jan 1998 20:37:15 GMT, thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

>Obviously i no there are some innacuracies or i wouldnt put up that 'speech'

>embarassing me. and i didnt set teh subject to that wanker thing...it was very
>old i just replied.

IIRC it wasn't "one hell of" tho..

>>"[Maxim] sung in the older phases of the band."
>he did.

err...

>>Lyrics to Mindfields: "Open up your head to the show shot."
>once again a simple innacuracy

Due to blantant use of ctrl-c..

>>>my site is accurate and much more updated than yers. hmmph, >everyday.

>well...since ppl are so picky about lyrics. everytime i find something wrong i
>fix it.

Oh I really love your discography.... It's so accurate and ther's
absolutely no errors there, oh no I mean Excerience Revisited? And
have you actually checked the track listing of any of the vinyls?

>>Pete's site hasn't been updated (minus FAQ) and it is still more informative
>>than many/most of the prodigy sites out there. That should be telling you
>>something.

>Well, lemme see. the FAQ is the site. I dont think a site is that informative

>(minus FAQ) when the latest peice of news in the news section is on the release
>of the 7 month old FOTL.

errr..... I can't see what so special about a seen-it-all-on-any-other
copy-prodigy site tho.. (And no I'm not talking about Pete's site)
And why are you excluding the FAQ? If 105Kb of original material was
excluded from your site there would be nothing left except gfx and
copies from other sites (ie. almost like it is now LOL ;-> )

>Well almost all errors you found were in lyrics and i dont really care. and
>many of things you said were wrong werent. and ig they were wrong prove it to
>me

What? Mention the "things" that's not wrong here then. Let us be the
judge of it...

--
Thomas..

Tha SaintX

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

>He is no less vocal today than he was in the older phases.

thats what is says ... ; )

>It is not the only thing at the site.

yes, but its the best part and only regualra update part

>That's sad. Why have a website if you don't care about the accuracy of the
>information you are providing?

the lyrics....its prodigy music...its not about lyrics like some Sp*ce
Shit...its about the music. i do update it and obviously i somewhat care
considering i updated and made it say there are errors and mail them to me.

Bye...Running out of time.

Eleusi217

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

> thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX)

>>Eleusi217 wrote:

>>That's sad. Why have a website if you don't care about the >>accuracy of the
>>information you are providing?

>the lyrics....its prodigy music...its not about lyrics like some Sp*ce
>Shit...its about the music.

Why have a lyrics sections at all then?! I'm sorry...you can't justify
providing incorrect lyrics with an "It's not about lyrics" excuse.

>Bye...Running out of time.

Yeah, no kidding...

Kristin

Peter Thomas

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

>>He is no less vocal today than he was in the older phases.
>thats what is says ... ; )

So *correct it!*

>>It is not the only thing at the site.
>yes, but its the best part and only regualra update part

Regularly updated with mistakes. That's sad.

>>That's sad. Why have a website if you don't care about the accuracy of the
>>information you are providing?
>the lyrics....its prodigy music...its not about lyrics like some Sp*ce
>Shit...its about the music.

So why bother having a lyrics section, then?

>i do update it and obviously i somewhat care
>considering i updated and made it say there are errors and mail them to me.

I just did this morning and you are still reluctant to correct them
all. I'm not the only one.

Here's proof of your stubbornness:

I took you up on your "only one person has complained" bullshit...
You said : "ahh yes....but....I am not going to put 3 or 4 peeps from
the newsgroup did....they really didnt. They just pretty much quotes
what you said. they didnt tell me any more errors"

Not true, is it? Other people here spotted errors that I didn't! And
even they did just re-quote me, it's *still* a complaint!

BTW, I still haven't looked at *every* page on your site. I've only
seen a third of it!

>Bye...Running out of time.

Well this bit's true!

--
SaintX also claims Scooter aren't commercial. LOL!

Peter Thomas

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

Just thought of something...

>my site is accurate

Still bullshit!

>and much more updated than yers. hmmph, everyday.

The Daily Star newspaper comes out every day.

The Oxford Dictionary comes out roughly every year.

Which one is filled with more facts?

Your website is so full of lies! "Experience Revisited"? Did you
actually read the FAQ or what?

--
If he'd have read the FAQ...

Peter Thomas

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

>>people see your site _after_ hitting the counter... they can even think
>>it's shite.
>>counters are for webmasters who want to know how many people visit their
>>sites; not for those who find their sites great only because of number of
>>hits.

Actually, hit counters records *hits* and not the amount of different
people. I can go look at my own site 67,890 times, and the hit counter
would have increased 67,890 times.

>well i dont find it great because of hits.

So why did you bring that point up?

>but that shows ppl come back.

...to read many lies and bullshit!

Also, you've signed up with just about every Prodigy webring! That's
not fair, is it? It's a tacky way of getting hits!

Webmasters who really care about their sites don't carry webrings.

>also i have 850 guest entries...most *-POSITIVE-* for my site.

I can't help it if there's 850 stupid people out there. I doubt they
know what's going on. Fix your mistakes.

>also recieveing many mails

So?

>the ones that are negative for my site are from losers who look up prodigy
>sites and then sign the book wit bad comments.

This is exactly why I (a self respecting webmaster) don't carry
guest-books. They're also pretty tragic.

Stop doing this "loads of people look at my site so it's good" myth!

After all, The Sun is the best selling newspaper in Britain, and
that's a crock of shite!

It's been proven my site is more informative than yours.

And yet you still have a webring *page* in your "best links" section,
while my site and this newsgroup aren't considered as worthy as that!
What a cretin!

--
www.prodge.demon.co.uk - deemed worthy enough for the Prodigy
themselves

Peter Thomas

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

This might be down to the fact that I've exposed your site for what it
is:

A lying, theiving site with unresearched material, full of laughable
mistakes that never get corrected. And one hell of an ego as the
webmaster.

To cap it all off, you slur the Prodigy as being "commercial", yet you
listen to Scooter!

That's like calling Public Enemy a country music band while listening
to Garth Brooks!

How can one person be so stupid?

--
Scooter suck dead dog's dicks.

Tim O.

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998 16:28:52 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.ukSPAMSTILLSUXX
(Peter Thomas) wrote:

>A lying, theiving site with unresearched material, full of laughable
>mistakes that never get corrected. And one hell of an ego as the
>webmaster.

From his website: "Do Not Steal Anything without my Permission"

Please remove spamless when replying thru e-mail.

Chris Jakeman

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

In article <19980130000...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, Tha SaintX
<thas...@aol.com> writes
>Yah!
>
>DONT YOU JUST HATE SOME STUFF HE SAYS!
Do you know something? A couple of weeks ago we had this right idiot on
here called Starrbait. She said/did pretty much the same things as you
did. D'you know how long she lasted? about 5 days. She left after that.

The similar thing between her and you is that you both spoiled brats and
you can't take it that they are people how know more than you.
Three weeks ago we had a Prodigy quiz. Pete would have probably won it
outright if it wasn't his quiz. If you'd done that quiz it would have
shown you up to be the bigheaded, teenybopper moron you are. And I wish
you had. Now do one before we get the heavies onto you.

Oh, and one more thing, you can right as many hate messages on this nsg
about me as you like, but it'll just give me something to laugh at.

--
Mike Jakeman
New? Read the FAQ @ www.prodge.demon.co.uk/

Peter Thomas

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

Ols...@ibm.net.spamless (Tim O.) wrote:

>>A lying, theiving site with unresearched material, full of laughable
>>mistakes that never get corrected. And one hell of an ego as the
>>webmaster.
>From his website: "Do Not Steal Anything without my Permission"

Add hypocrite to that description then!

OOoooh, Tim! By quoting that, you've 'stolen' it without his
permission!

--
Who wants to steal bullshit info, anyway?

Peter Thomas

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

Chris Jakeman <cjak...@apvpeter.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I thought a Romanian death metal band covered Breathe?

That's right.

Which is why I used the "Let me know when a Romanian death metal band
cover Barbie Girl" in an argument with Alex Cavaye about popular music
and how alternative (or not) it can be.

--
"Life in plastic, rips your entrails apart..."

Tha SaintX

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

>67,890 times, and the hit counter
>would have increased 67,890 times.

you liek reading source code? =P i added those becuz the old counter i had was
going to make you pay.

>Also, you've signed up with just about every Prodigy webring! That's
>not fair, is it? It's a tacky way of getting hits!

i made the regualr webring...i made the elite webring and i am friends with the
person who made the ultimate one.

webrings are kinda fun to make when ytou figure em out.

Tha SaintX

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

>So why bother having a lyrics section, then?

for ppl who want them

>I just did this morning and you are still reluctant to correct them
>all. I'm not the only one.

reluctant...i corrected everydamn thing you told me!!!

>ahh yes....but....I am not going to put 3 or 4 peeps from
>the newsgroup did....they really didnt. They just pretty much quotes
>what you said. they didnt tell me any more errors"

i thought you said you didnt post any private mails =O

>BTW, I still haven't looked at *every* page on your site. I've only
>seen a third of it!

it seems as if youve seen a lot of that 3rd including you have even read the
source code for it as on my counter...and you have looked at my personal page.
why would you look at my personal page if yer not done what you really care
about...PRODIGY.

>Well this bit's true!

bah

>SaintX also claims Scooter aren't commercial. LOL

please dont call me SaintX...it was taken from teh movie The Saint. The Saint
was taken...Tha saint was taken... so the "x" is just to make a free name and i
like it moer then tha saint1 or 23...

Peter Thomas

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

>>So why bother having a lyrics section, then?
>for ppl who want them

I think these people would want correct lyrics.

>>I just did this morning and you are still reluctant to correct them
>>all. I'm not the only one.
>reluctant...i corrected everydamn thing you told me!!!

Hmm, almost.

[SaintX has used >'s wrong on the following quote. I've corrected it]

>>>ahh yes....but....I am not going to put 3 or 4 peeps from
>>>the newsgroup did....they really didnt. They just pretty much quotes
>>>what you said. they didnt tell me any more errors"
>i thought you said you didnt post any private mails =O

I don't post private mails in full. Anyway, what's this got to do with
you saying "only one person complained" on your front page the other
day?

>>BTW, I still haven't looked at *every* page on your site. I've only
>>seen a third of it!
>it seems as if youve seen a lot of that 3rd including you have even read the
>source code for it as on my counter...

Er, no I haven't.

>and you have looked at my personal page.

Again, no I haven't.

>why would you look at my personal page if yer not done what you really care
>about...PRODIGY.

Peter Thomas Myth #998: Prodigy isn't the only thing in the world I
care about. Sheesh...

>>SaintX also claims Scooter aren't commercial. LOL
>please dont call me SaintX...

A bit difficult when it's your e-mail address!

>it was taken from teh movie The Saint. The Saint
>was taken...Tha saint was taken... so the "x" is just to make a free name and i
>like it moer then tha saint1 or 23...

How about All Saints? ;-)

--
Android/SaintX/Eric gets a link...

Peter Thomas

Feb 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/3/98

thas...@aol.com (Tha SaintX) wrote:

>>67,890 times, and the hit counter
>>would have increased 67,890 times.
>you liek reading source code? =P

Er, I have never looked at source code. What are you on about?

>>Also, you've signed up with just about every Prodigy webring! That's
>>not fair, is it? It's a tacky way of getting hits!
>i made the regualr webring...

Why?

>i made the elite webring

<snigger!>

But there's *nothing* elite about it!

>and i am friends with the person who made the ultimate one.

And nothing 'ultimate' about that either!

If you had Tobi's site, my site, and some otherson them, then you
could probably use those descriptions. But until then, you may as well
use the words:
"Average Prodigy website ring"

>webrings are kinda fun to make when ytou figure em out.

I know how to make them. I could probably make one now, but what would
be the point?

Webrings are tacky, wasteful, needless, and the most useless things on
the net since spammers.

Anyone who uses the web seriously just doesn't bother with them.
*cough* Tobi Wood *cough* me *cough* others

I'd keep quiet about being the creator of the webrings, that's nothing
to boast about!

--
Visit the I-need-plenty-of-hits-in-a-cheap-and-tacky-way Webring

Decklin Foster

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

Quoth pe...@prodge.demon.co.uk (Peter Thomas):

>Er, I have never looked at source code.

Sorry for you. :-)

>And nothing 'ultimate' about that either!

Unfortunately, too. (given that 'ultimate' typically means 'final'...)

>Webrings are tacky, wasteful, needless, and the most useless things on
>the net since spammers.

It's mostly their source code that bothers me <g>

--
defy entropy.

sammiep...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2017, 1:02:59 PM11/9/17
Hello, any women who have felt distressed by this mans behauvior towards them in the past may want to contact West Midlands Police. He has attacked my disability just because I had a perceived difference of political opinion and has created a thirty odd page file of out of context social media posts of mine in an attempt to smear and discredit me when he became aware I was building a legal case.

sammiep...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2017, 1:03:51 PM11/9/17

tarago...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2017, 5:27:53 AM11/11/17
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 1:03:51 PM UTC-5, sammiep...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, any women who have felt distressed by this mans behauvior towards them in the past may want to contact West Midlands Police. He has attacked my disability just because I had a perceived difference of political opinion and has created a thirty odd page file of out of context social media posts of mine in an attempt to smear and discredit me when he became aware I was building a legal case.

IS this thread really still going on since 1998???

edbwe...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2017, 9:31:54 PM11/25/17
Peter prodge, are you still around?

Peter Thomas

Dec 26, 2020, 4:43:33 PM12/26/20
I am indeed. Saw the Prodigy for the 20th time, in late 2018, over in Birmingham. (And no, surprisingly, West Midlands Police didn't swoop on me for being an outrageous anti-disabled troll, simply because that message posted in this thread back in Nov 2017 is a load of utter claptrap from someone who has repeatedly bullied people on the comedy circuit - reviewers, promoters, audience members and performers - I had the audacity to collate evidence of this and publicly speak out against this abuse going on the midlands scene and Edinburgh Fringe. The police were made aware of it and it wasn't me who got a severe reprimand, heh! No legal case came to fruition, it had no chance of success, my deluded accuser is known to be a serial liar. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, eh? The best part is that she ended up locking up an elderly female Chrohn's-Disease-suffering audience member in a basement in Edinburgh who simply wanted to leave the show - the proof is on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BujrJbAZoWI , which is pretty ironic considering how I was the one portrayed as an evil anti-disabled monster. Funny how these things turn out, isn't it?)

Also ended up in a couple of Prodigy videos on their YouTube channel when they did the Alexandra Palace gig a few years back in the Day Is My Enemy era.

Oh, and travelled down all the way to Colchester to take part in Keith Flint's local parkrun in the week he had passed away. Quite a few other fans were there, I took part in my Prodigy Experience top. Still got nowhere near his PB.

Ooh, and by sheer coincidence, met up with former alt.music-prodigy-the regular Greg Bedwell in London last year, he recognised me from the Brixton gig that got shown on MTV (and the Their Law DVD). I concede that I was a little too hot-headed for this newsgroup back in the day, said some things at times when I really should have kept my gob shut and been more diplomatic. But still, having read some of the mad stuff hurled at me (including the beautiful missive from the deluded creator of this immortal thread), I can say about 90% of my acerbic viewpoints were justified.

These days I listen to Idles, probably the most important band of the past two years and hopefully I'm seeing them twice in 2021, if we can get over the whole COVID-19 situation. Oh, and in case you hadn't realised, I perform live comedy under the 'Pete Prodge' name and also run a retrogaming YouTube channel. I get very nicely paid for writing and producing artwork these days, which is a lot better than where I was in 1997.

Still a Prodigy loyalist, their music usually fills their ears when I'm out on my daily run. Timebomb Zone is rocket fuel for me.

See you in another couple of decades here, I guess!