Otp:FOLEY Live CDR Tree setup Attention Foley fans..or newcomers

Whatdaumm

Oct 19, 2001, 7:11:21 PM10/19/01
I am back with a killer offer open to ALL whoever you may be.

I have been given a cdr of a live sampler of "Foley" The title is "Life without
the Dat Vol.1) so if you are a fan this is gonna knock you on your ass with
covers of .

Kashmir(Studio Demo for the Lenny White album)
You're Under Arrest (2 different live versions of Miles cover)
ABC(Jackson 5)
Voodoo Chile/Fast as you can(Hendrix/Fionna Apple)
Originals
Senate
Little Davis
Eazy Thangs (demo from 99)
Playa Improv jam(Slum Village cover)
Improv jam
Gypsy jumpy klezmer type jam

Its all around the world from Berlin to France to Chicago

Jazz fusion,FUNK,rock,metal,smooth jazz,soul,hip hop,r n b etc

To those who say I am bootlegging you kill that noise right about......NOW. (
blows up bombka boom)

I was specifically told by the man "HIMSELF" FOLEY after he sent these to tree
this cd would be "hardcore" and he encouraged it very much so. So game
recognize game.

For those who are wondering where Foley has been as I said on the website
thread back it is a long story of label/business intanglements. And Foley
cannot let anyone hear any studio stuff due to these legal issues at this time.
To put it simply Foley has been frozen up like HAN SOLO. Boba Fett got to him.
But now Foley is "Boba Fett"

But Foley came with a blueprint to the "Smart Alec"Plan But rest assured he
has studio material to give its just that it has to do with "MOJAZZ" and its a
story but Foley has always played for himself realize that.

He wants you ALL to hear a sampler of his live performances and this stuff is
so wide ranging Prince fans you need to get in on this if you have a daring
side and its free. So what more could you ask for.

If people are curious Foley has played diverse eccentric gigs nonstop every
year doing something different.

Including his recent endeavor which is a 15 piece chamber orchestra performance
which he leads in. Doing covers of Marvin gaye,Prince,Temptations,Mike
Stern,Sly,Miles,Donnie Hathaway,Styx,Ravel,Beatles etc. Foley is all across the
board.

He did cut an album for Mojazz btw in 94 which he never turned in.

Foley had already seen how people were trying to present his music so he jetted
and pursued the live club endeavors all around the world.
With Miles alumni/Mint Condition drummer Chris Dave helping along the way on
appropriate stops.

Heres what you need to do be the first person on this list I am serious about
this release. Because Foley wants to start a label in which he can present his
art in a giving manner to his fans who have been waiting and to his newcomers.
WHERE he can do what he wants musicwise and creative wise with his projects.
His label being "SMART ALEC MUSIC" for his projects some of which are pretty
damn innovative and funky by the sounds of it.

When you respond to this post on the board I will send you the CDR next week.
But you must pass it on as to many people as you can and have them tree this.

Its been a long Journey for Foley and he hopes he can get his 2nd solo lp out
to you soon "TIME:Clock of Da Universe" is presently in the near future.

He feels a little bad about his fans waiting this long and he assures everybody
he kept on making music and playing live all around the Globe and hasn't
stopped.

My job is simple to let the people get a chance to hear a mere sampling of a
diverse musical genius in the "Live arena" and how he is always flipping it to
somewhere else.

I wish I could send this to "Prince" the cover of ABC will knock you on your
ass how he reworked it with a horn section and band ensemble of local musicians
done on a bet during his european tour.

Technically I guess you could say this is his first Smart Alec fan release.

T...you need this
RD you need this
Sonuvfunk you need this
Rhastus you need this
Joe Kelley oMG you need this like a mutha.

So good luck to the first person.

If you are number "1" then that pretty much sums it up doesnt it?

Post on this thread not to my email. NOT until I check back and mail you and
get the access code and what not.

I want to see how many are interested.

If you are a lurker and want to know who "Foley"
is...

then go to

http://www.smartalecmusic.com check the "Propaganda" section and read articles
on where Foley was the bandleader for Miles in his last band til the end. AND
how he got there. THAT says it all on his background and even check out the
pictures section.

Yes he designed his own site himself very raw and real and not tripping off
himself. He designed it because cats were taking too long giving excuses so he
set to it to himself.

Everybody who wants something "Free" and funky and twacked
out,edgy,creative,diverse given to you from the heart of Foley deserves to
listen to this.

I am doing my part by lighting up this board with the chance of giving you what
Foley sent me this month. Keep in mind this is Live sampler compiled from
various performance dates.

So as the saying goes "U aint heard nothin yet."

lookin forward to responses and if I have many then I shall hop on another
place and do the same.

and I am Audi 5 thou I hope I made some people psyched for this who are fans
with this post.

peace,
H to the A to the S to the S to the E to the N

RDSewell

Oct 19, 2001, 7:15:28 PM10/19/01
I need it--shit put me down---for the Kashmir thing alone its worth it.

"I think I would Kill for you..test me"-Delaney
You shoulda heard me just around midnight
"Im so glad you're a freak like me"-Macy
ICQ#18984002

Kares

Oct 19, 2001, 7:17:52 PM10/19/01
Yeah man, i'm in!

"Whatdaumm" <what...@aol.com> wrote in message

RDSewell

Oct 19, 2001, 7:25:54 PM10/19/01
Is the Ravel maerial including NBolero by chance? God I hope so. Ravels'
Bolero(sp?) is my shit.

Rand Berry

Oct 19, 2001, 7:28:42 PM10/19/01
I'm definitely down!!! I've been waiting to hear something for ages!
"RDSewell" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message

Kares

Oct 19, 2001, 7:29:02 PM10/19/01

"RDSewell" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message
> Is the Ravel maerial including NBolero by chance? God I hope so. Ravels'
> Bolero(sp?) is my shit.

huh.. i think Bolero is one of the most overrated piece in musical
history..... :)

(i can't stand it, to be honest...)

RDSewell

Oct 19, 2001, 7:29:22 PM10/19/01
>From: rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt (RDSewell)

>Is the Ravel maerial including NBolero by chance? God I hope so. Ravels'
>Bolero(sp?) is my shit.

I hate aol for not having spell check: Does the Ravel material that Foley
covers include Bolero'?

Whatdaumm

Oct 19, 2001, 7:29:23 PM10/19/01
RD gets it first...

wow RD you gonna send it to budapest?

damn thats kind of heavy on the postage aint it.

Congrats RD... look for it sometime next week.

as for the rest keep posting on this thread...

I want a "REDWOOD" tree because he deserves it for doing this for free.
Foley is a TRUE cat.

RDSewell

Oct 19, 2001, 7:32:31 PM10/19/01
>From: "Kares"

>huh.. i think Bolero is one of the most overrated piece in musical
>history..... :)
>
>(i can't stand it, to be honest...)

See Kares..this is why you are a paradox to me somewhat..I know you are a
cool as hell person but sometimes you are overly mean to me for some
reason..and now you wanna rag on one of the primo classical music pieces used
for sex etc...so in short--why are u fuckin with me?lol

RDSewell

Oct 19, 2001, 7:34:15 PM10/19/01
>From: what...@aol.com

>RD gets it first...
>
>wow RD you gonna send it to budapest?
>
>damn thats kind of heavy on the postage aint it.

Fuck--is that what it meant to be first lol? damn..the one time I make it
as first caller to win a a contest lol...but yeah--no problem. Post
office--here I come!!

>Congrats RD... look for it sometime next week.

cool

Kares

Oct 19, 2001, 7:35:30 PM10/19/01

> RD gets it first...

:((((((((((((((((((((((((

> wow RD you gonna send it to budapest?
> damn thats kind of heavy on the postage aint it.

oh c'mon....! ;-)

Whatdaumm

Oct 19, 2001, 7:38:31 PM10/19/01
Regarding Ravel Material:

This is off the Chamber Orchestra Performance. Ravel is not part of the sampler
that video may be offered up on the website though.

He is presently working on a third date with the Orchestra and he is redoing
the setlist and reworking mind boggling of covers all across the board with a
complete different setlist

I urge all fans to check the site he made it for yall by himself after learning
HTML in the library this year.

HARD -CORE do it hisdamnself.

The string arrangements are what takes time to set this up but he will probably
do another performance date this year with the chamber orchestra.

keep the posts coming this looks like a good thing to have posted this.

RDSewell

Oct 19, 2001, 7:41:51 PM10/19/01
>From: what...@aol.com (Whatdaumm)

>keep the posts coming this looks like a good thing to have posted this.

Of course--it s grass roots and grass roots is always a good thang...plus
the material is inspired..hint hint.

Kares

Oct 19, 2001, 7:43:32 PM10/19/01

> >From: "Kares"
>
> >huh.. i think Bolero is one of the most overrated piece in musical
> >history..... :)
> >
> >(i can't stand it, to be honest...)
>
> See Kares..this is why you are a paradox to me somewhat..

Hehe... :) i'm just being honest

> I know you are a
> cool as hell person but sometimes you are overly mean to me for some
> reason..and now you wanna rag on one of the primo classical music pieces
used
> for sex etc...

if i'd ever try to have sex with Bolero in the background, i'd fail
miserably, i'm afraid..... :))

> so in short--why are u fuckin with me?lol

i couldn't resist. Bolero fans always freak me out LOL

RDSewell

Oct 19, 2001, 7:49:01 PM10/19/01
>See Kares..this is why you are a paradox to me somewhat..
>
>Hehe... :) i'm just being honest

I can dig that lol.

>From: "Kares"

>if i'd ever try to have sex with Bolero in the background, i'd fail
>miserably, i'm afraid..... :))

Man...didnt you ever see 10? lol.

>From: "Kares"

>so in short--why are u fuckin with me?lol
>
>i couldn't resist. Bolero fans always freak me out LOL

--well I am a freak so I guess Im just doin my job lol

SeanGil

Oct 19, 2001, 9:13:29 PM10/19/01
Count me in

SeanGil

Whatdaumm

Oct 19, 2001, 11:10:04 PM10/19/01
RD
Kares
Randberry
SeanGil

not bad for start.......

in less than 4 hrs...

keep adding to the list...

and if you dont have a cdr burner get your uncles or the library or a friends.

Maybe the Org should know about it I just dont know about those "PEOPLE"

haha

Rand Berry

Oct 19, 2001, 11:15:13 PM10/19/01
I gots a burner and I just bought 50 cd-r's! So I'm good to go

"Whatdaumm" <what...@aol.com> wrote in message

Sinistra

Oct 20, 2001, 12:23:58 AM10/20/01
>(RDSewell)

WTF???!?!? OMfuckingGOD dude..how the hell did the 2 of u get married before
us?? lol ;)
-Emani, queen of the bitches :)

well....borwn mousie became ghetto mousie after we let ghetto mousie go. so we
traded him in for a prego bitch and 2 little ones :) awwwww...oh eyah and got
a cute gray and white one hte other day :) how cute!

Ernest Hull

Oct 20, 2001, 12:34:12 AM10/20/01
Shhhhhhh, we're trying to be discreet about it.

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
ICQ: 116434445
Yahoo: ErnestSewell
MSN: ErnestSewell (hotmail)
The Ernest Experience Radio Show
Version 7.0 playing now as of October 12, 2001
Check The Ernest Experience online for details.
www.ernestsewell.net
"This nation is peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger." - President
George W. Bush, 09.14.01
"Sinistra" <emancip...@aol.comeoutside> wrote in message

Da5thVenom

Oct 20, 2001, 3:50:10 AM10/20/01
I'm down . . .

Da 5th Venom

Rhastus69

Oct 20, 2001, 4:55:43 AM10/20/01
hell yeah put me down on the list
I need to find those foley tapes you sent me a few years back, that stuff
kicked ass

Rhastus- I wanna See The Time play the SKILLET!!!!!!!

M'Kevon

Oct 20, 2001, 5:51:39 AM10/20/01
I'm in.

Dean

Oct 20, 2001, 7:57:36 AM10/20/01
Hass - Add me to the list. Dean

Sonuvfunk

Oct 20, 2001, 9:20:18 AM10/20/01
i'm in

Ratso

Oct 20, 2001, 11:36:57 AM10/20/01
Whatdaumm <what...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I am back with a killer offer open to ALL whoever you may be.

You KNOW I'm down Hass! Hit me up!

Kares

Oct 20, 2001, 1:39:26 PM10/20/01

> >From: what...@aol.com
>
> >RD gets it first...
> >
> >wow RD you gonna send it to budapest?
> >
> >damn thats kind of heavy on the postage aint it.
>
> Fuck--is that what it meant to be first lol? damn..the one time I make
it
> as first caller to win a a contest lol...but yeah--no problem. Post
> office--here I come!!

THANKS :))))

Whatdaumm

Oct 20, 2001, 5:26:25 PM10/20/01
Okay...if anyone wants to help this tree they can by adding another cdr to
another person to prevent breaking from a tree. Thats in case somebody drinks
Nyquil alot and they fall asleep at the cdr burner with "Eazy Thangs" on
repeat.

My job is to spread it thru different channels on different online communities
so I am starting trees in several locations.

I think the cats deserve this in Japan because they showed him love. Definitely
Europe Definitely the Miles fanbase and definitely P-funk audience. But one at
a time... . I started on the okayplayer board now its your turn.

Oh and judging by which will forever be known as the Joey Coco Rainbow Park
Incident.

I want to make this perfectly clear....second time.

I did NOT Bootleg FOLEY (in Bill Clinton voice movin hand back and forth and
lookin into camera)

HE sent it to me out of love for his music and mentioning him on a board
getting people noticing his musical work. Im doing my best to return the
favor. He ENCOURAGES spreading this around because he feels sorry LITERALLY for
making you fans wait (however many there may be) for these legal/business
matters.

Now that we have it clear I guess Ernest Sewell is the first one next week. So
send me your contact info Ernest.

Will get this thing rollin for the people.

OHHH ERNEST mail me back amigo.

I almost mailed RD but technically you are first even though you almost duped
me.

Oh that Sewell and his forced marriage to RD theres a tv movie there somewhere
I just know it!

Whatdaumm

Oct 20, 2001, 5:32:08 PM10/20/01
damn RD tricked me again!

SO RD really was first?

Then scratch that RD you send me your contact info.

He is the very first one.

Kares

Oct 20, 2001, 5:35:24 PM10/20/01

> damn RD tricked me again!
>
> SO RD really was first?

yeah, i was a bit slow.... :((

RDSewell

Oct 20, 2001, 5:46:26 PM10/20/01
>From: what...@aol.com (Whatdaumm)

>.if anyone wants to help this tree they can by adding another cdr to
>another person to prevent breaking from a tree. Thats in case somebody drinks
>Nyquil alot and they fall asleep at the cdr burner with "Eazy Thangs" on
>repeat.

ROFLMAOOOO!!!! Hass is Gangsta cause his humor is soo..soo..undescribeable..I
odnt know what it is called but I know it when I feel it lol...not to
mention his musical knowledge.

Whatdaumm

Oct 20, 2001, 6:44:07 PM10/20/01
its okay Kares man Budapest

that would have been like 10 dollars to ship it wouldnt it?

Did you check the website RD and everybody?

RD he put his absence school pass from High school as a photo "THATS GANGSTA "
PEEP THAT. Look this is new fav site.

http://www.smartalecmusic.com./cuttin'teeth.html

Kares

Oct 21, 2001, 11:29:27 AM10/21/01

> its okay Kares man Budapest
> that would have been like 10 dollars to ship it wouldnt it?

nah, of course not! :)
sending a CDR to me shouldn't cost you more than 1 or 2 bucks. But anyway,
if someone's going to hook me up i can also spread the music by sending it
to a lot of musicians, radios, etc. in Europe....

> Did you check the website RD and everybody?

Yup, i did - it's ok, i love Miles's drawings, but i think Foley's surely
talented and original enogh to focus on his own (and btw: BRILLIANT) music
rather than keep referencing to his time with Miles...

i like the typography he did on the site

Joe Kelley

Oct 21, 2001, 12:16:30 PM10/21/01
Thanks Hass. I am going to have to play this baby.

Sunday Oct. 21st 10pm-10am EST
RAINBOW CHILDREN Listening Party
"The Upper Room with Joe Kelley"
www.live365.com/stations/180211

Whatdaumm

Oct 22, 2001, 2:56:31 AM10/22/01
11 people....imagine how many would be if they knewwho Foley was

ha ... They think its "Axl Foley from Beverly Hills its Eddie Murphy alias
street r&B record he does covers of Neutron dance with pointer sisters produced
by Rodney Jerkins and the Axel Foley theme with Timbaland.

Foley would say thanks ...I have liner notes to give you all I will mail it to
you. They are made by Foley so you can print em out to see the tracklisting.

BTW Rainbow Children record is excellent the best sequencing I have heard from
Prince in a long time say "Gold Experience" A
diverse,eclectic,dynamic,innovative release.

I can quite say that Prince deserves to go Quintuplet Platinum ....

Whatdaumm

Oct 22, 2001, 12:55:16 PM10/22/01
DOTH TREE HAS BEGUN!!

RD it is on your way...

then whoevers next in line send your info to RD.

Ive done my part have a GOOD Wonderful day!

And I will pass on to Foley any message of thanks or comments you have.

He appreciates even the slightest interest in what he does.

MG

Oct 22, 2001, 12:25:48 PM10/22/01
to Whatdaumm
Count me in....twice. -Mg

RDSewell

Oct 22, 2001, 4:23:12 PM10/22/01
>From: what...@aol.com (Whatdaumm)

>DOTH TREE HAS BEGUN!!
>
>RD it is on your way...
>
>then whoevers next in line send your info to RD.
>

>Ive done my part have a GOOD Wonderful day!

Thanks Hass..any musician should be greatful to have you as a fan etc....your
azz puts in work!

Whatdaumm

Oct 23, 2001, 11:04:20 AM10/23/01
everybody if need be we can list off the people who does the tree.

Rd should have it in 1to 2 days
Kares you know who you are sending it to?

Is everybody aware the Tree has been activated?

Just making sure....

Kares

Oct 23, 2001, 4:47:44 PM10/23/01

> everybody if need be we can list off the people who does the tree.
>

> Rd should have it in 1to 2 days
> Kares you know who you are sending it to?

Nope - who should i send it to? (apart from my own list of people)

Joe Kelley

Oct 23, 2001, 7:07:04 PM10/23/01
>From: what...@aol.com (Whatdaumm)

>11 people....imagine how many would be if they knewwho Foley was
>
>ha ... They think its "Axl Foley from Beverly Hills its Eddie Murphy alias
>street r&B record he does covers of Neutron dance with pointer sisters
>produced
>by Rodney Jerkins and the Axel Foley theme with Timbaland.

Hass, thats's who i thought it was. it's not Axl Foley. Ahh, bro. :-)))

Thursday 10pm-10am EST
Interview with ESTAIRE GODINEZ

RDSewell

Oct 23, 2001, 9:10:57 PM10/23/01
>"Whatdaumm"

>Rd should have it in 1to 2 days
>> Kares you know who you are sending it to?

>From: "Kares"

>Nope - who should i send it to? (apart from my own list of people)

I also need Kares' addy to send to him when I recieve it

SeanGil

Oct 23, 2001, 10:07:36 PM10/23/01
How do you know who gets it and who is sending it?

SeanGil

Whatdaumm

Oct 24, 2001, 3:03:09 AM10/24/01
Kares you give it to Randberry.

and Randberry gives it to Da5venoms.

A list

so we do got how this goes.
If RD wants to quicken the pace then send 2 cdrs one to Kares and one to
Randberry

This list isnt that big you guys should get it this year next month if done
correctly

IF this goes over well you are on my FOLEY...list for new live archives
whatever he wants to tree next. Chamber Orchestra? One can only hope.

So we got this list?

RDHULL
Kares
Randberry
Da5Venomz
Seangil
Rhastus
Mgray
Mkevon
Dean
Sonuvfunk
Ratso
EastwestDj

RDSewell

Oct 24, 2001, 12:06:14 PM10/24/01
>From: whatdaumm@

>If RD wants to quicken the pace then send 2 cdrs one to Kares and one to
>Randberry

I need their addys ..Kares I need yur address.

Kares

Oct 24, 2001, 1:44:38 PM10/24/01

> >From: whatdaumm@
>
> >If RD wants to quicken the pace then send 2 cdrs one to Kares and one to
> >Randberry
>
> I need their addys ..Kares I need yur address.

Check yo mail.
Thanks!

Kares

Oct 24, 2001, 1:45:41 PM10/24/01

> Kares you give it to Randberry.
>

> and Randberry gives it to Da5venoms.
>
> A list
>
> so we do got how this goes.
> If RD wants to quicken the pace then send 2 cdrs one to Kares and one to
> Randberry

Cool - either way, just let me know if i should send it to Da5Venomz or
Randberry.
and THANKS!

Whatdaumm

Oct 24, 2001, 2:13:02 PM10/24/01
lol thats up to RD. Get in contact with RD.

Thats not up to me Kares. lol

I dont have a teleporter I dunno what RD is gonna do when he does it.

Is this the Jetsons?

Neaoh I dont think so.

The list can be sped up if you wish its up to you guys.

RDSewell

Oct 24, 2001, 2:19:49 PM10/24/01
>From: what...@aol.com (Whatdaumm)

>lol thats up to RD. Get in contact with RD.
>
>Thats not up to me Kares. lol
>
>I dont have a teleporter I dunno what RD is gonna do when he does it.

Isnt my only job to send it on to MG(?was it him or rand?) and Kares?

Whatdaumm

Oct 26, 2001, 12:15:03 AM10/26/01
>Isnt my only job to send it on to MG(?was it him or rand?) and Kares?

Send it to Kares yes... and Mg if you like.

Just make sure they get it in time for thanksgiving.

RDSewell

Oct 26, 2001, 12:22:31 AM10/26/01
>From: whatdaumm

>Isnt my only job to send it on to MG(?was it him or rand?) and Kares?
>
>Send it to Kares yes... and Mg if you like.
>
>Just make sure they get it in time for thanksgiving.

It goes out the very next day that I get it--btw still not here.

Whatdaumm

Oct 26, 2001, 1:16:26 AM10/26/01
thats wack man I sent ...it like a while back.

hope it gets there tommorrow email if it does