The Very Best of Prince (WB Records) track listing

Prince Fan

Jun 28, 2001, 1:13:40 AM6/28/01

--
Prince Fan AKA "Bomb Gotti"
ICQ#:40523352
AIM:looptroopa
Home Page: http://get.to/princefan
AMP Misfits Page: http://welcome.to/ampmisfits

Roy Lumsden

Jun 28, 2001, 2:31:08 AM6/28/01
so... the only different track that we're getting this time around is "Money

Don't Matter 2 Night"

any hidden trax?

what about the new trax that were supposed 2 b released by Prince 4 this
disc?

Oh well...

neo2000inc100

Jun 28, 2001, 2:40:02 AM6/28/01
I thought they would put some Unreleased tracks on it , guess not :-(
The new bootlegs coming out seem more interesting then this very best of
package.They need to reissue prince's catalog , looks like a waste
of $20.00 dollars.

"Prince Fan" <prin...@netzero.net> wrote in message

Prince Fan

Jun 28, 2001, 2:43:08 AM6/28/01
this one isn't being released by Prince, matter of fact, this is the one he
was warning people not to buy it as he has nothing to do with it in anyway.
He is suppose to be "Re-doing" a greatest hits package as in actually
re-doing the songs from scratch, which means with his new found ways of
thinking, expect altered and censored lyrics, and this is the set/disc that
is suppose to contain I think he said 4 new/unheard tracks.

--
Prince Fan AKA "Bomb Gotti"
ICQ#:40523352
AIM:looptroopa
Home Page: http://get.to/princefan
AMP Misfits Page: http://welcome.to/ampmisfits

"Roy Lumsden" <rlum...@i-c.net> wrote in message

J-Blo

Jun 28, 2001, 2:47:37 AM6/28/01
You mean they won't even put in The Most Beauiful Girl In The World? Fucking
gallon of spit in the eye.

shaun.pool

Jun 28, 2001, 4:07:41 AM6/28/01
what a shame. The chronological order thing makes for a bad flow, the cd
just comes to an abrupt end with money and purple rain.. if its the full or
edited versions it still shouldn't be in the middle of a cd. Why bother?

HiRizeBear

Jun 28, 2001, 4:35:14 AM6/28/01
>From: "Prince Fan"

>1. I Wanna Be Your Lover
>2. 1999
>3. Little Red Corvette
>4. When Doves Cry
>5. Let's Go Crazy
>6. Purple Rain
>7. I Would Die 4 U
>8. Raspberry Beret
>9. Kiss
>10. Sign O' The Times
>11. U Got The Look
>12. Alphabet Street
>13. Thieves In The Temple
>14. Gett Off
>15. Cream
>16. Diamonds And Pearls
>17. Money Don't Matter 2 Night

I think Delirious should be on there instead of Money Don't Matter. At least
the disc would end with D&P. Why put 4 Purple Rain tracks on, now people will
buy this in lieu of Purple Rain.

HiRize

http://members.aol.com/lionskin1/main.html

Delirium

Jun 28, 2001, 4:46:22 AM6/28/01
Why bother with releases like this? I won't buy the Prince release version
either, cuz I simply refuse 2 listen to edited versions of song I like. He
simply fucks up every time he touches a classic song (The Cross, Starfish &
Coffee, 1999). The Slaughterhouse would be a great title for this so called
greatest Hits.

"HiRizeBear" <hiriz...@aol.comGotCake> schreef in bericht

xaybaby

Jun 28, 2001, 5:20:55 AM6/28/01
What did he do to Starfish & Coffee?

"If it aint broke don't fix" it didn't he here this growing up.

If he keeps this up Warner Bro. may make some money off him after all. They
could release all the stuff we want extended and unedited.

"Delirium" <deli...@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

319

Jun 28, 2001, 5:24:09 AM6/28/01
This is NOT prince's greatest hits cd,this is Warner Brother's greatest hits
cd. We know nothing about prince's greatest hits cd coming out. Except that
they will be new versions with 4 new songs,and it's called prince a
celebration.

"xaybaby" <tah...@ptialaska.net> wrote in message

Aerogram

Jun 28, 2001, 6:08:44 AM6/28/01
It closes with Money don't matter 2 night because.. because it's a vast WB
conspiracy to remind Prince how much money did matter, Eye sayzzzz. ;-)
--
________________________
<something French>

________________________
"HiRizeBear" <hiriz...@aol.comGotCake> wrote in message
> [...]

EB-3

Jun 28, 2001, 6:28:39 AM6/28/01
This is rather stupid. Why bother? They don't even include the hits from
AFTER the last hits package - TMBGITW and Eye Hate U. Granted, there weren't
many hits afterwards, but these two qualify for sure!

In article <tjlfdjp...@corp.supernews.com>, "Prince Fan"

Aerogram

Jun 28, 2001, 6:44:03 AM6/28/01
TMBGITW was not a Warner release. Eye Hate U performed poorly for a lead
single, which was very disappointing considering the quality of Gold (it
should not have been the lead single).

Old stuff.

--
________________________
<something French>
"under your gaze i ponder this love tonight"."

________________________
"EB-3" <ebt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Aerogram

Jun 28, 2001, 6:45:17 AM6/28/01
I'm sure many fans will buy it, but it is certainly not for them.

--
________________________
<something French>
"under your gaze i ponder this love tonight"."

________________________
"shaun.pool" <sap...@essex.ac.uk> wrote in message

319

Jun 28, 2001, 6:50:07 AM6/28/01
Gold is my favourite prince tune of all time. The guitar solo gives me
chills every time i hear it. Even 6 years later. Same with the Dolphin solo
actually. I just adored his guitar work on that album. Probably why TGE is
my favourite prince album of all time too.And to think,he could have made it
an even better album! Wow.

"Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

319

Jun 28, 2001, 6:50:59 AM6/28/01
If it's remastered i will buy it. If not,no chance in hell.

"Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Eric Benchimol

Jun 28, 2001, 6:54:45 AM6/28/01
Areogram:

Get the facts straight!

TMBGITW was released on The Gold Experience, which is an NPG/Warner release.
It wasn't released as a single by Warner, but they promoted tGE as having the
single on it.

Eye Hate U peaked at #12 on the Hot 100 and #3 on the R&B singles chart. This
is a bigger 'hit' than Money Don't Matter, or many other Prince songs that are
considered hits.

Eric

In article <TTD_6.361956$eK2.73...@news4.rdc1.on.home.com>, "Aerogram"

Aerogram

Jun 28, 2001, 7:21:03 AM6/28/01
Hmmm for me, the "single" was independent, but it's true it was also on
Gold. The song had been off the charts for months before it was released by
Warner, who did not issue it as a single. So it is not a WB single..

As for Eye Hate U, I know it was a bigger hit than Money don't matter 2
night, but it was the lead single of Gold, not the fourth (?) single of a
hit album. It may have been a hit, but I remember how fans were disappointed
by its performance and the fact it was the lead single. It certainly did
not give Gold the exposure it truly needed. So all things are relative.

Now... just a thought... but can we say that WB was not very enthusiastic
about these two singles? That in fact, Prince had to put pressure to release
them as singles? I know the story behind TMBITW, but I'm not sure about Eye
Hate U.

--
________________________
<something French>
"under your gaze i ponder this love tonight"."

________________________
"Eric Benchimol" <eri...@home.com> wrote in message

Aerogram

Jun 28, 2001, 7:23:40 AM6/28/01
Another question : did Prince sign his 100 million dollar contract right
after D&P? If yes, could it play a role here?

--
________________________
<something French>
"under your gaze i ponder this love tonight"."

________________________

"Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Prince related screen-name

Jun 28, 2001, 8:09:06 AM6/28/01
> what about the new trax that were supposed 2 b released by Prince 4 this
> disc?

Wrong disc.

--
Edshugeo The GodMoor
http://www.mp3.com/psychovoyager

"Hmm. Clockin' tha jizz." - Tony M

Maleko

Jun 28, 2001, 11:37:02 AM6/28/01
First of all, understand that I am Caucasian/white (not that it matters, but
I don't want anybody to be pissed.) and have been a Prince fan since '1999'
(first time it was released in 1982.)

Second, with old 80's group either making a comeback or their labels
re-releasing their old material, this 'Best of ...' bullshit is strictly an
attempt to cash in on the current nostalgia phase that most Gen-X'ers are
going through right now.

Also, this album is so 'White' oriented that it's not funny. I mean, 4 songs
from Purple Rain? I can ask any person I know and they'll say 'Purple Rain
was so cool! But I don't care for anything else he did except maybe 'Kiss'
or 'U Got The Look'.

If I were Prince I swear, I would spend a lot of time and money fighting WB
in court and in stores.(and any other means possible.) And 'Money Don't
Matter 2 Night' that's got to be on there as some kind of inside joke @ WB!

Lastly, I didn't forget about 'I Wanna Be Your Lover'. I know that's got to
be on there to help generate some buyer's curiosity about it and his earlier
work before '1999' and hopefully cause some people to buy the earlier CDs'

Peace!

VXReplica

Jun 28, 2001, 9:49:07 AM6/28/01
>Another question : did Prince sign his 100 million dollar contract right
>after D&P? If yes, could it play a role here?

Exactly.. everything released after 'Diamonds And Pearls" was part of the
contract.. that's probably why there's nothing after it. WB would probably have
to pay Prince more to use songs like "7" and "TMBGITW"..

Christ.. this really is a piss poor greatest hits collection.. seems like it's
destined to sit next to the "Golden Hits of Cameo" CD in the cutout bin at
Wal-Mart..

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jun 28, 2001, 9:55:37 AM6/28/01
Eric's right. However, I think the disguishing factor might be that the
track is actually different. The instrumentation is mixed slightly
differently on Gold. Not a lot, but I can hear it. It's incredibly subtle.
Plus the ending is different. That might be the difference between the two.
Prince released one version independently, and the other for WB. Just a
thought.

I'll probably buy the package for the sake of collection. But I'll be
pissed if Prince redoes great songs like Adore, Starfish, or whatever. ANd
fucks it up w/ Kirk's bullshit drums. I mean he rerecorded 1999, but still
used a lot of the original instrumental tracks on that terrible remake.

With the WB release, it IS about money. Prince's contract is over. WHy
bother? cuz he sells. But I don't think the general public gives a shit
much anymore. Although the one disk set of hits, might be a better buy than
the $50 The Hits set for general listeners. I mean most people that "just
love When Doves Cry" could give two shits about 17 Days, or She's Always In
My Hair, much less a whole disk of B sides (except Erotic City perhaps.)
I'll be interested to see what Prince picks to put on his disk. Should it
ever see the light of day. Hopefully the WB won't recycle old artwork for
the package like they did for "The Vault" (not far from Chaos and Disorders
disk art work.)

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net
Check out my radio show on Live365.com!
http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!
http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Emesem7

Jun 28, 2001, 10:17:27 AM6/28/01
please people its a "Greatest Hits" ("Best of" title not withstanding)
package....it's not meant for us........!

The listing is fine, although if I didnt own not even one Prince album I would
be bummed that "7" and "TMBGITW" are not on it......Wierd to include
"Money...." ...

This propably will replace the bloated "HITS/BSIDES"....which most newbies find
intimidating to buy.....but was great for fans.....

319

Jun 28, 2001, 10:20:02 AM6/28/01
Money Don't Matter Tonight was a hit in australia. Maybe it's based on
global chart hits. I love that song.

"Emesem7" <eme...@aol.com> wrote in message

Rollo

Jun 28, 2001, 10:22:24 AM6/28/01
>Hopefully the WB won't recycle old artwork for
>the package like they did for "The Vault" (not far from Chaos and Disorders
>disk art work.)

That was Prince approved by Parke.

Helix

Jun 28, 2001, 10:53:53 AM6/28/01
>Subject: Re: The Very Best of Prince (WB Records) track listing
>From: "Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO"
>ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com

>Subject: Re: The Very Best of Prince (WB Records) track listing
>From: "Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO"
>ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com

>But I'll be
>pissed if Prince redoes great songs like Adore, Starfish, or whatever.

Whoa, then you must be pissed already since Prince redid Starfish and Coffee 6
years ago!

>Hopefully the WB won't recycle old artwork for
>the package like they did for "The Vault" (not far from Chaos and Disorders
>disk art work.)

Get your facts STRAIGHT, Ernie. The Vault and Chaos and Disorder were not
assembled in ANY WAY by WB. It was all done by Prince and his camp. Ok? How
many times does this have to be stated.

What do the good know...except what the bad teach them by their
excesses? -Clive Barker

thefreak

Jun 28, 2001, 10:56:32 AM6/28/01
>From: criis...@aol.complacent (Helix)

>Whoa, then you must be pissed already since Prince redid Starfish and Coffee
>6
>years ago!

Which isnt too bad imho.

>From: criis...@aol.complacent (Helix)

>Get your facts STRAIGHT, Ernie. The Vault and Chaos and Disorder were not
>assembled in ANY WAY by WB. It was all done by Prince and his camp. Ok? How
>many times does this have to be stated.

It isnt in DMSR lol

"I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die..so let me
live my life....like I want to"-Jimi, Ifsixwuz9
"Im a real WILD child"-Iggy
"You must be trippin' on some of that Voodoo I been throwin' down"-Afghan Whigs
ICQ#18984002

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 28, 2001, 11:12:37 AM6/28/01
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:55:37 GMT, "Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay
HOMO" <ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> told alt.music.prince
the following on the subject "Re: The Very Best of Prince (WB Records)
track listing":

>Eric's right. However, I think the disguishing factor might be that the
>track is actually different. The instrumentation is mixed slightly
>differently on Gold. Not a lot, but I can hear it. It's incredibly subtle.

Huh? It's OBVIOUS that this is a different mix. Matter of fact, IIRC
it's the version he did at that (otherwise horrible) 1994 award show
in Monaco (World Music Awards or something like that).

>With the WB release, it IS about money.

They ain't stupid. They know Prince is gonna do his endless GH tour
and since he ain't cashing in on it, they sure as hell are gonna.
(Plus this new release will sell a bit anyway amongst collectors.)
This one-hit set is easier than having two seperate discs on offer.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the alleged rule that "WB can't release
anything within 3 months of Prince releasing an album" also applies
the other way around, BTW.

>Prince's contract is over.

That's not entirely true. There are things, clauses that still rule
his post-WB years. I'm pretty sure that for instance he wasn't allowed
to release re-recorded versions of his WB-era songs for a certain
time, this is more or less a standard clause of contracts these days
(after plenty of performers switched labels in previous decades and
then released GH sets with re-recorded versions).

>Hopefully the WB won't recycle old artwork for
>the package like they did for "The Vault" (not far from Chaos and Disorders
>disk art work.)

Dude, how stupid are you? That artwork was given to them by PRINCE.
How many fucking times do I have to repeat that?

--
Bart Van Hemelen
http://pr1nc3.com/BVH/
"Room 101", BBC 2, January 19, 2001

Joey "Furio" Coco

Jun 28, 2001, 11:24:36 AM6/28/01
"Eric Benchimol" <eri...@home.com> schreef in bericht

> Areogram:
>
> Get the facts straight!
>
> TMBGITW was released on The Gold Experience, which is an NPG/Warner release.
> It wasn't released as a single by Warner, but they promoted tGE as having
the
> single on it.
>
> Eye Hate U peaked at #12 on the Hot 100 and #3 on the R&B singles chart.
This
> is a bigger 'hit' than Money Don't Matter, or many other Prince songs that
are
> considered hits.

Hey, I remember Money Don't Matter 2 Night being a succes over here in Europe,
it had a nice spot somewhere in the top 20, not bad IMO.
--
For my latest video caps:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~joeycoco/

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 28, 2001, 11:17:55 AM6/28/01
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:54:45 GMT, eri...@home.com (Eric Benchimol)

told alt.music.prince the following on the subject "Re: The Very Best
of Prince (WB Records) track listing":

>TMBGITW was released on The Gold Experience, which is an NPG/Warner release.

Considering that TGE is now "deleted", and that no songs from that
album are on the GH, I wonder: could it be that Prince did a special
deal with them for this album which prevents them from re-printing it
after a certain amount of time or that NPG Records need to give their
permission if WB want to do anything with the album? I don't recall
reading anything in Uptown about it, it's just that the fact that NPG
Records is mentioned as one of the labels is kinda strange...

And couldn't it be that Exodus isn't re-released by Prince because of
this? After all WB were gonna release it in the US until Prince
decided to piss them off again in an interview... Now, if Exodus was
also a joint NPG/WB release, and WB isn't allowing Prince...

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 28, 2001, 11:21:15 AM6/28/01
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:24:36 +0200, "Joey \"Furio\" Coco"
<joeycoco@[delete this crap]xs4all.nl> told alt.music.prince the

following on the subject "Re: The Very Best of Prince (WB Records)
track listing":

>> Eye Hate U peaked at #12 on the Hot 100 and #3 on the R&B singles chart.

>This
>> is a bigger 'hit' than Money Don't Matter, or many other Prince songs that
>are
>> considered hits.
>
>Hey, I remember Money Don't Matter 2 Night being a succes over here in Europe,
>it had a nice spot somewhere in the top 20, not bad IMO.

That's because all those fans bought that "limited edition" 3D CD. ;-)

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 28, 2001, 11:23:20 AM6/28/01
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:56:39 GMT, "Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay
HOMO" <ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> told alt.music.prince

the following on the subject "Re: The Very Best of Prince (WB Records)
track listing":

>Someone tell Aero that the 100 million contract fell through shortly after
>it was inked.

Wrong...

319

Jun 28, 2001, 11:25:47 AM6/28/01
Jesus....you think about prince way too much dude! :)

319
Welcome to a.m.p.
"Who do you want to flame today?"

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 28, 2001, 11:25:49 AM6/28/01
On 28 Jun 2001 13:49:07 GMT, vxre...@cs.comNOSPAM (VXReplica) told

alt.music.prince the following on the subject "Re: The Very Best of
Prince (WB Records) track listing":

>>Another question : did Prince sign his 100 million dollar contract right

>>after D&P? If yes, could it play a role here?
>
>Exactly.. everything released after 'Diamonds And Pearls" was part of the
>contract.. that's probably why there's nothing after it. WB would probably have
>to pay Prince more to use songs like "7" and "TMBGITW"..

Why would they even bother including these songs? Prince ain't playing
them -- i.e. promoting them -- and TGE seems to be tied up in some
contractual crap, hence it not being available anymore (which not only
would make including a song of it pointless since it wouldn't help
sell the album, and any song from TGE is probably tied up in the same
contractual thingy).

VXReplica

Jun 28, 2001, 11:56:51 AM6/28/01
>I heard "Money" on the radio fairly often, and
>I'm pretty sure I saw the video at least once. OTOH, I only heard "Eye
>Hate U" when I played the CD myself.

I guess it depended on what region you lived in when it was released.. I lived
in Dallas when 'I Hate U' came out, and it was played on all the major R&B and
Top 40 radio stations at least once an hour for a good 3 months.. hell, I even
remember several occasions where it was playing at the same time on different
stations..

Now, you'd be hard pressed to catch even "Little Red Corvette" on the lame
'70's/80's R&B' station..

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jun 28, 2001, 12:21:41 PM6/28/01
Bart you can repeat yourself endlessly, and you usually do. The point of
the statement, you stupid fuck, was that the CD LABEL was the same as Chaos,
minus a color change and a font. The meaning of my post was that it was
lame, despite who approved it. God, do you EVER see past your own fucking
nose??????

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jun 28, 2001, 12:23:45 PM6/28/01
"319" <bne...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

> Jesus....you think about prince way too much dude! :)

Bart doesn't want to relinquish his Princefagg award. One word about Prince
to Bart and ripopgodazippa!!!

NivlekBrad

Jun 28, 2001, 12:51:04 PM6/28/01
Why should Prince bother to sue WB when he would loose. He should just go
ahead and let them release some of the greatest hits and boxed sets that they
want. As a matter of fact, if they have some early concerts, they should
release those also. Eventually, Prince will get the masters back and can
reissue them in a way he sees fit. Besides, Prince will make money off of these
compilations (regardless of what some might think). The only difference is
that WB will make 75% of the profit and Prince will receive 10%. We know the
other 15% will go to "distributors."

Now....go ahead and trash me.

NivlekBrad

Jun 28, 2001, 12:54:37 PM6/28/01
Warner does own the version of "The Most Beautiful Girl In The World" that is
on The Gold Experience. They could include that version. Though it is not the
version that people were accustomed to listening to on the radio in 1994.

Helix

Jun 28, 2001, 2:27:05 PM6/28/01
>Subject: Re: The Very Best of Prince (WB Records) track listing
>From: "Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO"
>ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com

>The meaning of my post was that it was

>lame, despite who approved it. God, do you EVER see past your own fucking
>nose??????

Ernest backpedals so instinctively.

What a sad little queer.

Prince Fan

Jun 28, 2001, 2:28:47 PM6/28/01
Hey! I'd dig one of those :-)

--
Prince Fan AKA "Bomb Gotti"
ICQ#:40523352
AIM:looptroopa
Home Page: http://get.to/princefan
AMP Misfits Page: http://welcome.to/ampmisfits

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dennis Versteeg

Jun 28, 2001, 3:47:04 PM6/28/01
the only thing I'm puzzled by is the inclusion of Money Don't Matter
2Night. Songs like 7, My Name Is Prince, Eye Hate U would have seem
better choices.
4 songs from Purple Rain i can understand, since all those songs were
huge hits, but 4 from D&P is a bit too much I think.

dennis

Aerogram

Jun 28, 2001, 4:57:42 PM6/28/01
> Someone tell Aero that the 100 million contract fell through shortly after
> it was inked.

He tells one story and Bart tells another. So which is true?

--
________________________
<something French>
"under your gaze i ponder this love tonight"."

________________________

"Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO"

<ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message

Aerogram

Jun 28, 2001, 5:00:11 PM6/28/01
There was nothing subtle about the drum changes, though.

--
________________________
<something French>
"under your gaze i ponder this love tonight"."

________________________
"Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO"
<ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message

CoolMF

Jun 28, 2001, 6:41:23 PM6/28/01

If this list really is reliable, then why is "Batdance" not on there? It was a
#1.

Ifsixwuz9

Jun 28, 2001, 7:25:35 PM6/28/01
CoolMF wrote:

> If this list really is reliable, then why is "Batdance" not on there? It was a #1. >>

Damn, haven't seen you on this group in a long time :)

HiRizeBear

Jun 28, 2001, 11:10:31 PM6/28/01
>From: "Aerogram"

>It closes with Money don't matter 2 night because.. because it's a vast WB
>conspiracy to remind Prince how much money did matter, Eye sayzzzz. ;-)

lol i hadn't put that together.. several ways to take it though, my vote is
since WB helped P make the money he did, it must not matter anymore 'cause he
left. o well... face down

HiRize
http://members.aol.com/lionskin1/main.html

NivlekBrad

Jun 28, 2001, 11:30:35 PM6/28/01
Batdance is probably not included because it uses samples from the movie.
Since the Batman movies has a lot of people to get paid (WB movies and DC
Comics to name a few), I'm sure WB just said 4get about it.

HiRizeBear

Jun 28, 2001, 11:32:35 PM6/28/01
>From: coolmf

>If this list really is reliable, then why is "Batdance" not on there? It was
>#1.

good point , especially since it wasn't on the hits/b-sides discs. i suppose
something to do with the movie rights or some bs

and come to think of it erotic city should be there too, while not an a-side
single certainly one i think nearly everyone knows from 80's

HiRize
http://members.aol.com/lionskin1/main.html

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 2:28:19 AM6/29/01
>what about the new trax that were supposed 2 b released by Prince 4 this
>disc?
>
>Oh well...

Thats on his own re-recorded versions Greatest Hits he will be releasing on NPG
supposedly.

http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 2:32:35 AM6/29/01
>Second, with old 80's group either making a comeback or their labels
>re-releasing their old material, this 'Best of ...' bullshit is strictly an
>attempt to cash in on the current nostalgia phase that most Gen-X'ers are
>going through right now.

No-Prince has never had a single disc best of with all his biggest hits on it.
Remember how many folks bought the beatles One?

Same scenario sort of. there's a large segment of the Wal-mart shopping
populace that aint interested in songs they havent heard on the radio. They
might like alphabet street, but they aint buying Lovesexy. and the hits 1 and
2 had too many non-radio songs on 'em for the casual wal-mart shopper.

>Also, this album is so 'White' oriented that it's not funny. I mean, 4 songs
>from Purple Rain? I can ask any person I know and they'll say 'Purple Rain
>was so cool! But I don't care for anything else he did except maybe 'Kiss'
>or 'U Got The Look'.

Those four songs from Purple Rain were all top ten hits. That's looks to be
the criteria for this set-strictly top tens-although its suprising pop life
aint on it.

or is it?

>If I were Prince I swear, I would spend a lot of time and money fighting WB
>in court and in stores.(and any other means possible.) And 'Money Don't
>Matter 2 Night' that's got to be on there as some kind of inside joke @ WB!

Prince gave them permission to release 2 compilation cd's of his work when they
saw fit to get out of his warners contract.

>Lastly, I didn't forget about 'I Wanna Be Your Lover'. I know that's got to
>be on there to help generate some buyer's curiosity about it and his earlier
>work before '1999' and hopefully cause some people to buy the earlier CDs'

It also was a top ten hit.

http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 2:34:35 AM6/29/01
>You mean they won't even put in The Most Beauiful Girl In The World? Fucking
>gallon of spit in the eye.

That single didnt come out on warner brothers-it was released on NPG/Belmark.
a different version of the song appeared on Gold-which was released on
NPG/Warner Brothers.

I believe Warner's deal to release that one has slipped away, since its been
out of print for 2 years.

Lee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 2:36:39 AM6/29/01
>>It closes with Money don't matter 2 night because.. because it's a vast WB
>>conspiracy to remind Prince how much money did matter, Eye sayzzzz. ;-)

That song was also a top ten hit.

Lee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 2:35:40 AM6/29/01
>I think Delirious should be on there instead of Money Don't Matter. At least
>the disc would end with D&P. Why put 4 Purple Rain tracks on, now people
>will
>buy this in lieu of Purple Rain.

Delirious and Pop Life would be Lee choices-and even erotic city.

lee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 2:37:10 AM6/29/01
>This is rather stupid. Why bother? They don't even include the hits from
>AFTER the last hits package - TMBGITW and Eye Hate U. Granted, there weren't
>
>many hits afterwards, but these two qualify for sure!

I dont think warner has options on the gold tracks anymore.

Lee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 2:38:01 AM6/29/01
>TMBGITW was released on The Gold Experience, which is an NPG/Warner release.
>
>It wasn't released as a single by Warner, but they promoted tGE as having the
>
>single on it.

Its a different version on Gold than the hit single version.

http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 2:39:03 AM6/29/01
>Exactly.. everything released after 'Diamonds And Pearls" was part of the
>contract.. that's probably why there's nothing after it. WB would probably
>have
>to pay Prince more to use songs like "7" and "TMBGITW"..

7 should be on there too

Lee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 2:43:35 AM6/29/01
>If this list really is reliable, then why is "Batdance" not on there? It was
>#1.

Thats another one that belongs. Partyman also.

Lee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Dennis Versteeg

Jun 29, 2001, 3:03:41 AM6/29/01
On 28 Jun 2001 22:41:23 GMT, coo...@aol.comDaddy (CoolMF) brought the
following to our attention:

>If this list really is reliable, then why is "Batdance" not on there? It was a
>#1.

same reason no Batman tracks were on the Hits/Bsides: publishing
rights, I believe because of all the vocal samples.

dennis

-----
"As you can see," Smith was saying as we walked down
a long and fairly rickety flight of metal stairs,
"they've just about frabjulated the primary phase
of the osmosifractionating de-hoo-dooer. And those
guys rattatting the willy-nilly say they ought to
have it whistling Dixie in three days' time."

from: John Varley - Steel Beach
(now that's impressive science for a sci-fi novel!)

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 29, 2001, 6:53:04 AM6/29/01
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:21:41 GMT, "Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay

HOMO" <ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> told alt.music.prince
the following on the subject "Re: The Very Best of Prince (WB Records)
track listing":

>Bart you can repeat yourself endlessly, and you usually do. The point of

>the statement, you stupid fuck, was that the CD LABEL was the same as Chaos,
>minus a color change and a font. The meaning of my post was that it was
>lame, despite who approved it.

Yeah right:

>Hopefully the WB won't recycle old artwork for
>the package like they did for "The Vault" (not far from Chaos and Disorders
>disk art work.)

1. You didn't say anything specific about the CD label, but about the
ARTWORK.

2. You clearly point the finger at WB.

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 29, 2001, 6:57:51 AM6/29/01
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:57:42 GMT, "Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com>

told alt.music.prince the following on the subject "Re: The Very Best
of Prince (WB Records) track listing":

>> Someone tell Aero that the 100 million contract fell through shortly after

>> it was inked.
>
>He tells one story and Bart tells another. So which is true?

Mine's backed up by facts. Like the one that in late 1995 Prince
proposed to WB that he'd give them 3 "Vault" discs to fulfill the
contract. If the contract had fallen through, why would he've done
that? Yes, parts of the contract didn't happen in the end, but the
basis of the contract -- that Prince was tied to WB and owed them x
amount of records -- still was in place.

A lot of it was renegociated along the way, particularly at the start
of 1994 when PPR was closed down (and the other non-album stuff from
the deal was largely ditched, like the publishing firm and the second
record label and the VP thingy...). But it didn't "fall through".

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 29, 2001, 6:58:06 AM6/29/01
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:19:35 GMT, "Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay
HOMO" <ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> told alt.music.prince

the following on the subject "Re: The Very Best of Prince (WB Records)
track listing":

>Really? Watch Oprah again you douchbag Princefuck. I don't see Prince
>still working at WB as some VP or whatever the contract entailed.

Man, you're dumb.

Joe Wright

Jun 29, 2001, 7:14:40 AM6/29/01
and you're a cunt.

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 29, 2001, 7:31:20 AM6/29/01
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:21:03 GMT, "Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com>

told alt.music.prince the following on the subject "Re: The Very Best
of Prince (WB Records) track listing":

>Now... just a thought... but can we say that WB was not very enthusiastic
>about these two singles?

It was Prince who sabotaged them.

Aerogram

Jun 29, 2001, 7:59:33 AM6/29/01
You must be right, because I can't see a contract of that magnitude falling
through altogether. And how long did Prince write Slave on his face? He was
subjected to terms and conditions.

--
________________________

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jun 29, 2001, 8:10:54 AM6/29/01

> >Hopefully the WB won't recycle old artwork for
> >the package like they did for "The Vault" (not far from Chaos and
Disorders
> >disk art work.)

> 1. You didn't say anything specific about the CD label, but about the
> ARTWORK.

Hey Princefuck, do you not see where it says "not far from Chaos and
Disorders DISK ART WORK???????????" God, you're not only pathetic, you're
stupid to boot.

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jun 29, 2001, 8:30:30 AM6/29/01
Remember that "Partyman" was on the Peach 2 Disk supplementary set after The
Hits came out. They also had Money Don't Matter 2Nite, Mountains, My Name
Is Prince, I Wish U Heaven. Not sure why some of those weren't on the Hits,
but maybe because there just wasn't enough space. Who knows.

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net
Check out my radio show on Live365.com!
http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!
http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker

"Dennis Versteeg" <d.j.ve...@removethistoreply.tue.nl> wrote in message

Ronny Bhadra

Jun 29, 2001, 10:02:57 AM6/29/01
I'm surprised they didn't use '7'.

"HiRizeBear" <hiriz...@aol.comGotCake> wrote in message
> >From: "Prince Fan"
>
> >1. I Wanna Be Your Lover
> >2. 1999
> >3. Little Red Corvette
> >4. When Doves Cry
> >5. Let's Go Crazy
> >6. Purple Rain
> >7. I Would Die 4 U
> >8. Raspberry Beret
> >9. Kiss
> >10. Sign O' The Times
> >11. U Got The Look
> >12. Alphabet Street
> >13. Thieves In The Temple
> >14. Gett Off
> >15. Cream
> >16. Diamonds And Pearls
> >17. Money Don't Matter 2 Night

> I think Delirious should be on there instead of Money Don't Matter. At
least
> the disc would end with D&P. Why put 4 Purple Rain tracks on, now people
will
> buy this in lieu of Purple Rain.
>

> HiRize
>
> http://members.aol.com/lionskin1/main.html

Prince Fan

Jun 29, 2001, 1:09:22 PM6/29/01
What set is this Ernest??? Never heard of this one.

--
Prince Fan AKA "Bomb Gotti"
ICQ#:40523352
AIM:looptroopa
Home Page: http://get.to/princefan
AMP Misfits Page: http://welcome.to/ampmisfits

"Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO"

<ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message

WHAT THE FUDGE!?!?!?!?

Jun 29, 2001, 1:26:24 PM6/29/01
If someone comes through for us here we'll all have the artwork real
soon..

Ahem..........

newpowergeneration

Jun 29, 2001, 1:28:10 PM6/29/01
> Yeah, okay.

lol

--
|newpowergeneration
|radic...@btinternet.com
|truthangel.co.uk>
|icq#69223600

Aerogram

Jun 29, 2001, 1:46:26 PM6/29/01
Selective minimalism.

--
______________________________
"I never heard anything so wonderful"
"newpowergeneration" </dev/null> wrote in message

JeePee

Jun 29, 2001, 1:52:32 PM6/29/01
Prince Fan wrote:

> What set is this Ernest??? Never heard of this one.

They released 2 CD singles of Peach. One in normal plastic cover and one in a
cardboard folout booklet. The second one holds space to put the 2 discs in.
Leaving you with a useless cover from the first one and 2 same versions of Peach
and 6 other songs you already have. I believe they were released shortly after
one another, which makes the 'previously unreleased' addition to Peach not
correct.

JeePee

--
The rules to get along fine with IT people.
#1. Don't learn the proper name for anything technical.
We know exactly what you mean by "My thingy blew up".

hippocrocamoose

Jun 29, 2001, 1:36:00 PM6/29/01

"Four Eyed Fred" <juven...@aol.comTMuppet> wrote in message

> Its a different version on Gold than the hit single version.

how so ?

hippocrocamoose

Jun 29, 2001, 1:48:55 PM6/29/01

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Someone tell Aero that the 100 million contract fell through shortly
after
> >> it was inked.

bart question did you write the above ? if not then you can close this
message now

> A lot of it was renegociated along the way, particularly at the start
> of 1994 when PPR was closed down (and the other non-album stuff from
> the deal was largely ditched, like the publishing firm and the second
> record label and the VP thingy...). But it didn't "fall through".

same question

hippocrocamoose

Jun 29, 2001, 1:38:22 PM6/29/01

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> 1. You didn't say anything specific about the CD label, but about the
> ARTWORK.

and theres no art on the cd? look again

> 2. You clearly point the finger at WB.

and ? explain your answers or don't bother answering

hippocrocamoose

Jun 29, 2001, 1:40:03 PM6/29/01

<ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message > Hey Princefuck,

do you not see where it says "not far from Chaos and
> Disorders DISK ART WORK???????????" God, you're not only pathetic, you're
> stupid to boot.

LOL - is someone keeping note of all the fuckups bart makes so that in 5
years time we can dig them out - like he does with everyone else on this ng
?

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jun 29, 2001, 2:13:29 PM6/29/01
YOu know I never claimed to be perfect, and God knows I've made spelling
errors while correcting spelling errors, but Bart NEVER relents, even when
he's wrong. Douchebag.

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net
Check out my radio show on Live365.com!
http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!
http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker

"hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

thefreak

Jun 29, 2001, 3:11:37 PM6/29/01
>From: "hippocrocamoose" Richard@t

>LOL - is someone keeping note of all the fuckups bart makes so that in 5
>years time we can dig them out - like he does with everyone else on this ng

lol..no need to..everybody with a brain knows he is mostly full of
himself..and it.

"I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die..so let me
live my life....like I want to"-Jimi, Ifsixwuz9
"Im a real WILD child"-Iggy
"You must be trippin' on some of that Voodoo I been throwin' down"-Afghan Whigs
ICQ#18984002

Four Eyed Fred

Jun 29, 2001, 3:37:57 PM6/29/01
>> Its a different version on Gold than the hit single version.
>

>how so ?

I got the original NPG single from NewFunk-and the beat is fairly
straightforward through the entire song and then it fades.

The Gold version has more Michael Bland and the song gets all dramatic at the
end.

Lee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

BTYOFDAWN

Jun 29, 2001, 8:52:39 PM6/29/01
a total waste of a release. This release clearly shows that PRINCE does owe
Warner more for his contract. This release looks like a simple way to cash in
on PRINCE and make some money for the label.

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 1, 2001, 12:15:58 PM7/1/01
On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:10:54 GMT, "Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay

HOMO" <ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> told alt.music.prince
the following on the subject "Re: The Very Best of Prince (WB Records)
track listing":

>> >Hopefully the WB won't recycle old artwork for

>> >the package like they did for "The Vault" (not far from Chaos and
>Disorders
>> >disk art work.)
>>
>> ###########################################
>>
>> 1. You didn't say anything specific about the CD label, but about the
>> ARTWORK.
>
>Hey Princefuck, do you not see where it says "not far from Chaos and
>Disorders DISK ART WORK???????????"

Okay, so that's debatable. To me, "disc artwork" can also refer to the
entire artwork. If you want to talk about the CD label, use that word.

But you didn't of course include the most important bit in your reply:
that the ENTIRE artwork package was Prince's concept. WB didn't do a
thing to it.

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 1, 2001, 12:20:36 PM7/1/01
Anyone notice Bart almost said he was wrong????? Make a note people!

And to Bart, yes well to you everything is different. Most normal people
would see the work DISK and know it's the DISK I was talking about. But I
can see where you get LABEL, INSERT, JACKET, or INLAY from that. Moron.

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net
Check out my radio show on Live365.com!
http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!
http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

thefreak

Jul 1, 2001, 12:29:19 PM7/1/01
>From: "Ernest/F

>Anyone notice Bart almost said he was wrong????? Make a note people!

Yes!! I wasnt going to comment on it but since you did lol. He said "to me"
and "thats debatable"---usually he just doesnt comment so maybe he is getting
better. Sheesh and they say Im hardheaded.

sirh...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2019, 1:21:40 AM11/3/19
LEAVE BART ALONE FUCKFACE!!

sirh...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2019, 1:22:49 AM11/3/19
ERNEST SEWELL IS ONE BIG FAT PIECE OF SHIT!