Show your support for a Sirius Polka Radio Show..

Mike Surratt

Mar 12, 2012, 2:54:57 PM3/12/12
I have been getting many emails from fellow accordionists and polka friends about this movement to try and get support for a new XM Sirius Polka radio station. I have no other info...but, I thought is was worth posting here...

"good morning i need your help if you would like to see siriusxm create a polka channel please contact them at this email address and let them know that you would like to see a polka channel added onto siriusxm any help would be appreciated here is their email address listen...@siriusxm.com and this is where you can send your recordings to
Attn :Music Programming Department
SiriusXM1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020

please let your friends and family know to contact siriusxm so we can make this happen."

andrewku...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2012, 3:48:14 PM3/12/12
is this from someone who works with SiriusXM?? I think it would be great for a Polka Channel. I know the idea it's been thrown around, and I think if givin a chance it would do better than the SiriusXM people would think. I'd be even interested in working with them as a DJ for that!!

Mike Surratt

Mar 12, 2012, 4:24:38 PM3/12/12
On Monday, March 12, 2012 3:48:14 PM UTC-4, andrewku...@gmail.com wrote:

> is this from someone who works with SiriusXM?? I think it would be great for a Polka Channel. I know the idea it's been thrown around, and I think if givin a chance it would do better than the SiriusXM people would think. I'd be even interested in working with them as a DJ for that!!>>

Hi Andrew, I don't know who started the campaign. Like I said, I've received quite a few emails through my networking. It's great that they provided an email link. The more emails sent, the better.

Pass along the info -- Mike

Mike

Mar 13, 2012, 2:27:18 PM3/13/12
Hi Folks,

I also contacted SiriusXM requesting their consideration to add polka
music to their entertainment programming. They responded as follows:

Dear Valued Subscriber,

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding your interest in our
programming for possible airplay. We are glad you have taken this time
to contact us for more information.

To consider your music for airplay, we request that the signed artists
or their label representative send their music on CD to:

SiriusXM
Attn: (Genre of music or channel name)
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020

Your feedback regarding our programming is extremely important to us.
We are dedicated to providing the most variety and best listening
experience available anywhere.

Please visit the link below for our current lineup, schedules and
programming highlights.

http://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup

We hope you continue to enjoy SiriusXM's commercial-free music and
entertainment programming. We are committed to providing you with the
best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply
to this email and you can always manage your account online 24/7 by
clicking
https://care.siriusxm.com/login_view.action

Thank you,

Antonette
SiriusXM Listener Care
1-866-635-2349

The address provided is similar to the one mentioned above except that
it's to the attention of "Genre of music or channel name" (in our
case: "Polka Music"). I plan to send them some quality polka CDs. I
hope others do to.

Mike Matousek
mi...@TheBoysBand.com

Andrew Kuczmarski

Mar 13, 2012, 2:46:06 PM3/13/12
> clickinghttps://care.siriusxm.com/login_view.action
>
> Thank you,
>
> Antonette
> SiriusXM Listener Care
> 1-866-635-2349
>
> The address provided is similar to the one mentioned above except that
> it's to the attention of "Genre of music or channel name" (in our
> case: "Polka Music").  I plan to send them some quality polka CDs.  I
> hope others do to.
>
> Mike Matousek
> mi...@TheBoysBand.com

Mike,

Just send them the "NEW DAY" CD - that should put them over the edge!

btw heard a rumor the "Boys Will Be Boys" and "Boys Night Out" lp's
being remastered & re-released on CD - any truth??

Andy