Fav 80's Movie

MyDaydream

Oct 12, 2003, 5:20:19 AM10/12/03
Everyone will go with the teenage classics .. the cuask films.. the brat packer
films... im going to say my all time favorite cheesy 80's flick without a doubt
or hesitation it..

Real Genius

I still never tire of that movie... and it has prolly my fav 80's song..
Everybody wants to rule the word" tears for fears....
--
CjS
"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the vulgarity of the american people."

PJMan

Oct 12, 2003, 8:17:45 AM10/12/03
Fast Times At Ridgemont High and War Games

"MyDaydream" <myday...@aol.com> wrote in message

dmclindon

Oct 12, 2003, 8:46:50 AM10/12/03
the princess bride

Matt Lobegeiger

Oct 12, 2003, 9:45:57 AM10/12/03
Top Gun.

still the best fighter jet movie ever made.

matt

"MyDaydream" <myday...@aol.com> wrote in message

---

Moses Brown

Oct 12, 2003, 1:27:46 PM10/12/03
MyDaydream wrote:
> Everyone will go with the teenage classics .. the cuask films.. the brat packer
> films... im going to say my all time favorite cheesy 80's flick without a doubt
> or hesitation it..
>
> Real Genius
>
> I still never tire of that movie... and it has prolly my fav 80's song..
> Everybody wants to rule the word" tears for fears....

UHF
Amazon Women on the Moon
Princess Bride

--
NP:

veritas~*~aequitas

"Jack's been cooking in the kitchen whompin' up some biscuits for us all"
*widespread panic*

"it's the only thing that makes perfect sense...willie nelson for
president!!!"
*the peter dawson band*

Message has been deleted

Sean

Oct 12, 2003, 4:24:15 PM10/12/03
I fucking love Amazon Women on the Moon!

--
-Sean
-

Message has been deleted

MyDaydream

Oct 12, 2003, 5:06:29 PM10/12/03
<<<UHF>>>

I have been using the "Sooo Stuuuupid!!!!" thing for years.

Also, there is a polish guy at my job named Stanley and i call him Stanley
Spadowski... which he thinks is funny although he has no clue what im talking
about.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Holtz

Oct 12, 2003, 6:21:26 PM10/12/03

MyDaydream wrote:

> Real Genius

Yes! You can't go wrong with a movie that has Deborah Foreman and Michelle
Meyrink. How'd that one line go, "can you hammer a 6 inch spike through a board
with your penis?"

> I still never tire of that movie... and it has prolly my fav 80's song..
> Everybody wants to rule the word" tears for fears....

I actually like the Bryan Adams song "One Night Love Affair" during the pool party
scene with the beauticians.

--
Holtz.

My bootleg list,
http://www.tapetrader.com/Holtz

Saerah Bennett

Oct 12, 2003, 9:37:10 PM10/12/03

MyDaydream wrote in message
<20031012052019...@mb-m15.aol.com>...

>Everyone will go with the teenage classics .. the cuask films.. the brat
packer
>films... im going to say my all time favorite cheesy 80's flick without a
doubt
>or hesitation it..
>
>Real Genius
>
>I still never tire of that movie... and it has prolly my fav 80's song..
>Everybody wants to rule the word" tears for fears....

better off dead
war games
nightmare on elm street
princess bride
amazon women on the moon
UHF
ghostbusters
--
Saerah

"im awesome im awesome im awesome. in fact, i rule."
steph of the oshuns, amp-j

"I'm just an american boy
Raised on mtv
And I've seen all those kids in the soda pop ads
But none of them looked like me"
- Steve Earle, 'John Walker's Blues'

alphakitten

Oct 13, 2003, 12:00:05 AM10/13/03
The Best;

Platoon
Aliens
Amadeus
Witness
ET
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Crimes & Misdemeanours
Raging Bull
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Blade Runner
Raising Arizona
Blue Velvet
Dangerous Liasons
Die Hard
Heathers
Hannah & Her Sisters
Raging Bull
Sex, Lies & Videotape
Zelig

HMs:

Near Dark
Empire Strikes Back
Something Wild
Do the Right Thing
Betty Blue
The Shining
Radio Days
Withnail & I
The War of the Roses
Drugstore Cowboy
When Harry Met Sally
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Abyss
Back to the Future
A Fish Called Wanda
River's Edge
Tootsie
Repo Man
Risky Business
Say Anything
The Year of Living Dangerously
An American Werewolf in London
Beetlejuice
Vampire's Kiss
Trading Places
At Close Range
Prizzi's Honor
Blood Simple
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Blow Out
The Terminator
Ghostbusters
This is Spinal Tap
Body Heat
Princess Bride
Frances
Beverly Hills Cop
The Pope of Greenwich Village
Big
The Big Chill
Brazil
Stand By Me
Caddyshack
Full Metal Jacket
Broadcast News
Bull Durham
The Stepfather
The Breakfast Club
Moonstruck
The Fabulous Baker Boys
Evil Dead 1 & 2
Hairspray
Midnight Run
Stardust Memories
Nightmare on Elm St
Sea of Love
Batman
Dead Calm

Gulity Pleasures;

Streets of Fire
The Fly
Adventures in Babysitting
Desperatley Seeking Susan
Supergirl
Weird Science
The Lost Boys
Great Balls of Fire
Flashdance
Footloose
Purple Rain
The Rachel Papers
Grease 2
Labyrinth
License to Drive
16 Candles
Mystic Pizza
Heartburn
9 1/2 Weeks
Working Girl
Dirty Dancing
Satisfaction
Ruthless People
The Goonies
Throw Momma Fron the Train
Witches of Eastwick
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Innerspace
Three Amigos

~Angel

MyDaydream

Oct 13, 2003, 12:13:43 AM10/13/03
<<<Witness>>>

Good flick... I saw it on tv the other day i forgot how much i liked it.

Holtz

Oct 13, 2003, 3:10:07 AM10/13/03
Not to be a jerk but why is it that people are listing 100 movies for
these things, I think just listing 5-10 is appropriate. No need to list
every 80's movie you've ever seen. That being said, I also dig The
Rachel Papers, didn't think too many knew it.

alphakitten wrote:

DreamzNred

Oct 13, 2003, 4:12:34 AM10/13/03

"PJMan" <noe...@myhouse.com> wrote in message

> Fast Times At Ridgemont High and War Games

PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
____________________________________

--
Bridget,
AOL- AIM-

alphakitten

Oct 13, 2003, 7:54:10 AM10/13/03

Holtz wrote:
> Not to be a jerk but why is it that people are listing 100 movies for
> these things, I think just listing 5-10 is appropriate.

Not to be a jerk, but why bitch about something like this? Nobody's
making you read anything.

No need to list
> every 80's movie you've ever seen. That being said, I also dig The
> Rachel Papers, didn't think too many knew it.

And that's the fricking point, y'see? If everyone lists 5-10 movies
you'll see the same 30 or so titles over and over again, and never have
a "hey, I like that obscure movie too!" moment.

~Angel

GoBucky1

Oct 13, 2003, 10:08:09 AM10/13/03
Fast Times
National Lampoons Vacation

jeremy

Oct 13, 2003, 10:55:33 AM10/13/03
red dawn rules!!!

MyDaydream

Oct 13, 2003, 12:30:14 PM10/13/03
<<<Not to be a jerk but why is it that people are listing 100 movies for
these things,>>>

I was going to say it but figuered eh.... note the word "Movie"

Not in the plural... everyone should pick one off their list as their all time
desert island with a vcr favorite.

oshuns

Oct 13, 2003, 12:32:50 PM10/13/03

ferris bueller's day off. no question.

MyDaydream

Oct 13, 2003, 12:33:03 PM10/13/03
<<<red dawn rules!!!>>>

If your 10!!!

I remember likng that movie as a kid then seeing it when i was like 12 or 13
and thinking... wow this is terrible propaganda.
Like all the john wayne ww2 movies my dad used to watch when i was a kid...
Although Battleground (a non jw flick) was a great movie and fairly low on the
patriotic fervor....

MyDaydream

Oct 13, 2003, 12:33:55 PM10/13/03
If i had to list my fav kids movie... a movie i can still wtch today... a movie
responsible for me hurting myself many many times it would be

RAD

'Gettin ready to break thee ice... it feels like time is standign still!!!'

Anyone remember Buckaroo Bonzai or Ice Pirates?

MyDaydream

Oct 13, 2003, 12:43:07 PM10/13/03
<<<ferris bueller's day off. no question.>>>

Heh.. i lived that movie i ditched so much in highschool.

Lastexit99

Oct 13, 2003, 3:02:39 PM10/13/03
Empire Strikes Back
Real Science

How's that for 2 totally different movies...

In Dreams I Walk With You

Oct 13, 2003, 3:25:00 PM10/13/03
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club
Pretty in Pink

Watching those movies makes me feel like a teenager again.

--
"and hey...let's be careful outthere"

David May
http://www.no-code.net
ftp.no-code.net

"MyDaydream" <myday...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Everyone will go with the teenage classics .. the cuask films.. the brat
packer
> films... im going to say my all time favorite cheesy 80's flick without a
doubt
> or hesitation it..
>
> Real Genius
>
> I still never tire of that movie... and it has prolly my fav 80's song..
> Everybody wants to rule the word" tears for fears....

Holtz

Oct 13, 2003, 4:20:12 PM10/13/03

MyDaydream wrote:

> <<<Not to be a jerk but why is it that people are listing 100 movies for
> these things,>>>
>
> I was going to say it but figuered eh.... note the word "Movie"
>
> Not in the plural... everyone should pick one off their list as their all time
> desert island with a vcr favorite.

Well I figured a coupel were ok but I didn't want to mention every movie I've ever
seen.

--

Message has been deleted

Lisa Kavanaugh

Oct 13, 2003, 6:15:03 PM10/13/03
>From: myday...@aol.com (MyDaydream)

>Not in the plural... everyone should pick one off their list as their all
>time
>desert island with a vcr favorite.
>--

The Breakfast Club...I don't know why but I just love that movie.

Uh Dick..excuse me..Rich...will milk be made available to us?

Love it.

Kurt

Oct 13, 2003, 7:51:17 PM10/13/03
"oshuns" <osh...@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:<bmek0f$le6eq$1...@ID-186366.news.uni-berlin.de>...

> ferris bueller's day off. no question.

has no one mentioned Fletch?

Kurt

alphakitten

Oct 13, 2003, 9:47:21 PM10/13/03

> Because sometimes that top five crap don't cut it. :) Especially when
> you are truly obsessed.

Exactly!

I have been meaning to watch the Rachel Papers
> for years. I read the book first though, and the main character was
> such a complete & utter fuckhead, that I lost interest in seeing it.
>
> My local video store has it though. Maybe I will pick it up sometime.
> I have been thinking of having a night of Brit film anyways.
>
> Irie.

Dexter Fletcher takes the edge off the characters annoyingness.
Of course I'm an old Press Gang devotee, so I may be biased... ;)

~Angel

Message has been deleted

Holtz

Oct 14, 2003, 12:22:46 AM10/14/03

Irie wrote:

> Why not? I mean, isn't this the kind of nerdy thing one is *supposed*
> to do on Usenet? I mean, besides making pointless 10,000 dollar bets,
> of course.
>
> Irie.

The bet was ridiculous but I did get some humor out of the bitching that came from it. I'll shut up
about the movie lists, it really isn't that big of a deal, I was probably just in a bad mood when I
wrote that.

EJ

Oct 14, 2003, 10:42:51 AM10/14/03
myday...@aol.com (MyDaydream) wrote in message news:<20031012052019...@mb-m15.aol.com>...

> Everyone will go with the teenage classics .. the cuask films.. the brat packer
> films... im going to say my all time favorite cheesy 80's flick without a doubt
> or hesitation it..
>
> Real Genius
>
> I still never tire of that movie... and it has prolly my fav 80's song..
> Everybody wants to rule the word" tears for fears....

----
Some people listed some really good ones. Here's a couple more:
Fletch
Beverly Hills Cop 1 & 2
First Blood
Rambo

Message has been deleted

synecdoche

Oct 14, 2003, 7:45:24 PM10/14/03
On 12 Oct 2003 09:20:19 GMT, myday...@aol.com (MyDaydream) wrote:

>Everyone will go with the teenage classics .. the cuask films.. the brat packer
>films... im going to say my all time favorite cheesy 80's flick without a doubt
>or hesitation it..
>
>Real Genius
>
>I still never tire of that movie... and it has prolly my fav 80's song..
>Everybody wants to rule the word" tears for fears....

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

-dave

Holtz

Oct 14, 2003, 8:22:59 PM10/14/03

synecdoche wrote:

> Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
>
> -dave

Wasn't After Hours from the 80's? Always liked that movie

Lisa Kavanaugh

Oct 15, 2003, 9:58:13 AM10/15/03
>From: Holtz

>Wasn't After Hours from the 80's? Always liked that movie
>
>--
>Holtz.

Was that the one with Griffin Dunne? Don't ask me why but I also liked Who's
That Girl?--the bomb w/Madonna. Mostly because of him. I thought she was
pretty funny in that movie, too.

Lisa

Spike

Oct 15, 2003, 5:50:20 PM10/15/03
Yup mine too..love The Breakfast Club

oshuns

Oct 15, 2003, 5:55:39 PM10/15/03

Lisa Kavanaugh <momo...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >From: Holtz
>
> >Wasn't After Hours from the 80's? Always liked that movie
> >
> >--
> >Holtz.

eek after hours always gave me the worst heebie jeebies. i loathe that
movie, its so creepy...which i guess is an attestment to the fact that its a
good film. like kids. great movie, i just hated it. it made me feel
horribly uncomfortable, and i guess thats the mark of strong filmmaking.

and it reminds me of another one i loved that i dont think i saw anyone
mention, which was boys dont cry.

Holtz

Oct 15, 2003, 6:53:40 PM10/15/03

oshuns wrote:

> Lisa Kavanaugh <momo...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > >From: Holtz
> >
> > >Wasn't After Hours from the 80's? Always liked that movie
> > >
> > >--
> > >Holtz.
>
> eek after hours always gave me the worst heebie jeebies. i loathe that
> movie, its so creepy...which i guess is an attestment to the fact that its a
> good film. like kids. great movie, i just hated it. it made me feel
> horribly uncomfortable, and i guess thats the mark of strong filmmaking.

I didn't find After Hours that creepy, dark comedy yes. I like Kids, has that
documentary feel to it. I'd say that Kids is the more depressing or down movie
to watch, I find After Hours to be rather funny. I mean Cheech and Chong are in
it, it can't be that creepy! BTW I saw the movie Bully, directed by the same guy
who did Kids, talk about creepy and depressing.

> and it reminds me of another one i loved that i dont think i saw anyone
> mention, which was boys dont cry.

I just saw this movie again last month, the first time in about two years, it
still is a great movie, everyone is good. I'd suggest trying to find the
documentary about that whole thing, The Brandon Teena story, definitely
interesting for any fan of Boys Don't Cry.

Holtz

Oct 15, 2003, 6:54:45 PM10/15/03

Lisa Kavanaugh wrote:

> >From: Holtz
>
> >Wasn't After Hours from the 80's? Always liked that movie
> >
> >--
> >Holtz.
>
> Was that the one with Griffin Dunne?

Yep, him, Teri Garr, Linda Fiorentino, Cheech and Chong and many others.

> Don't ask me why but I also liked Who's
> That Girl?--the bomb w/Madonna. Mostly because of him. I thought she was
> pretty funny in that movie, too.
>
> Lisa

I can't remember that one, I think it was the 80's last time I saw that one.

oshuns

Oct 15, 2003, 7:54:33 PM10/15/03

Holtz <ihat...@spammerssuck.com> wrote in message

> > eek after hours always gave me the worst heebie jeebies. i loathe that
> > movie, its so creepy...which i guess is an attestment to the fact that
its a
> > good film. like kids. great movie, i just hated it. it made me feel
> > horribly uncomfortable, and i guess thats the mark of strong filmmaking.
> >

> I didn't find After Hours that creepy, dark comedy yes.

well yeah i know it was meant to be funny, its just so nightmarish to me,
how the night dragged on and all those creepy characters and its just got a
real dream-like quality, and if i dreamed that it would be a nightmare.

I like Kids, has that
> documentary feel to it. I'd say that Kids is the more depressing or down
movie
> to watch, I find After Hours to be rather funny. I mean Cheech and Chong
are in
> it, it can't be that creepy! BTW I saw the movie Bully, directed by the
same guy
> who did Kids, talk about creepy and depressing.

kids was disturbing. the same filmmaker did a movie called gummo which was
less disturbing but still weird. im dying to see bully. larry clark, isnt
it?

> > and it reminds me of another one i loved that i dont think i saw anyone
> > mention, which was boys dont cry.

> I just saw this movie again last month, the first time in about two years,
it
> still is a great movie, everyone is good. I'd suggest trying to find the
> documentary about that whole thing, The Brandon Teena story, definitely
> interesting for any fan of Boys Don't Cry.

i didnt know there was such a movie....i'll keep my eyes open.

Lisa Kavanaugh

Oct 15, 2003, 9:58:17 PM10/15/03
>From: Holtz ihat...@spammerssuck.com

>Yep, him, Teri Garr, Linda Fiorentino, Cheech and Chong and many others.

I don't remember Cheech and Chong being in it. Roseanne Arquette was in it,
wasn't she?

Holtz

Oct 15, 2003, 10:43:57 PM10/15/03

Lisa Kavanaugh wrote:

Yep, http://imdb.com/title/tt0088680/
Cheech and chong were the thieves.

Holtz

Oct 15, 2003, 10:47:09 PM10/15/03

oshuns wrote:

> kids was disturbing. the same filmmaker did a movie called gummo which was
> less disturbing but still weird. im dying to see bully. larry clark, isnt
> it?

Yep Larry Clark did Bully and Another Day in Paradise. Larry didn't do Gummo, it
was the guy who wrote Kids did that one, I haven't seen it but have heard its
weird.

> > > and it reminds me of another one i loved that i dont think i saw anyone
> > > mention, which was boys dont cry.

> > I just saw this movie again last month, the first time in about two years,
> it
> > still is a great movie, everyone is good. I'd suggest trying to find the
> > documentary about that whole thing, The Brandon Teena story, definitely
> > interesting for any fan of Boys Don't Cry.
>
> i didnt know there was such a movie....i'll keep my eyes open.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0144801/

Holtz.

Vin

Oct 15, 2003, 11:26:13 PM10/15/03
if bully wasn't based on a true story you'd think it was the dumbest
movie ever, the movie would end and you'd say 'who the fuck made this
movie, do they expect anyone to believe that such a thing could happen?
that there could be a single person on this planet that stupid much
less a half dozen, who know each other?'.

i like larry clark, but his use of gratuitous nudity and sex takes
an awful lot away from his work. kids? ok, its a movie about sex,
show some sex, no problem. but bully has even more nudity and sex
than kids did AND ITS NOT ABOUT SEX. has anyone seen ken park?
that movie has full on explicit blowjobs and shit..

Holtz

Oct 16, 2003, 1:43:35 AM10/16/03

Vin wrote:

> if bully wasn't based on a true story you'd think it was the dumbest
> movie ever, the movie would end and you'd say 'who the fuck made this
> movie, do they expect anyone to believe that such a thing could happen?
> that there could be a single person on this planet that stupid much
> less a half dozen, who know each other?'.

True the people were so dumb its amazing but hey thats how alot of kids are today I
guess, stupid and fucked up.

> i like larry clark, but his use of gratuitous nudity and sex takes
> an awful lot away from his work. kids? ok, its a movie about sex,
> show some sex, no problem. but bully has even more nudity and sex
> than kids did AND ITS NOT ABOUT SEX.

Well I think he was trying to show how these kids were just fucked up and didn't
care about anything but yeah the crotch shots of Bijou Phillips were very
gratuitous.

> has anyone seen ken park?
> that movie has full on explicit blowjobs and shit..

Nope, never even heard of it.

Jeff

Oct 16, 2003, 6:33:21 AM10/16/03
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
"Spike" <jimjo...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Lisa Kavanaugh

Oct 16, 2003, 3:58:51 PM10/16/03
>From: Holtz

>Yep, http://imdb.com/title/tt0088680/
>Cheech and chong were the thieves.

I just don't even remember that...guess I better watch it again.

Lisa