Dont play pj backwards

1 view

Josh Mohrer

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
look let me tell you all from experience
pry to does say something about townshend. thats true.
but i urge you all, if youre going to buy the vinyl, but it because it
sounds cooler, not to find hidding meanings when playing the songs in
reverse. theres something know in the world of psychology (cant think of the
name right now) - that when you think youre supposed to hear something, you
hear it even if its not there. or like if someone gives you medicine and its
really not medicine, you may feel better anyway because of your mind
thinking youre supposed to (does that make sense)-
anyway, it really ruins the music. enjoy the music fowards. not backwards.

who me?

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
My cd player only runs forward.

MiniFCar

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
Yeah..Pry To says something backwards...

Jason Lynch wrote in message ...
>Hangon... i'm kinda confused... are you saying that there is somewhere on
>one of Pearl Jam albums on vinyl where you can play it backwards and it
says
>somethin?
>
>Just wondering, cause if so that is the coolest idea :)

Josh Mohrer

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
'Pete Townshend he saved my life'
Pry To
Pete Townshend
its not hard

Ryan Rosebush

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
> theres something know in the world of psychology (cant think of the
> name right now) - that when you think youre supposed to hear something, you
> hear it even if its not there. or like if someone gives you medicine and its
> really not medicine, you may feel better anyway because of your mind
> thinking youre supposed to (does that make sense)-

It's called the Placebo effect.

Joe E. Humphrey

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 16:32:33 -0500, "Josh Mohrer" <JoMo...@jtsa.edu>
wrote:

>look let me tell you all from experience
>pry to does say something about townshend. thats true.
>but i urge you all, if youre going to buy the vinyl, but it because it
>sounds cooler, not to find hidding meanings when playing the songs in

>reverse. theres something know in the world of psychology (cant think of the

>anyway, it really ruins the music. enjoy the music fowards. not backwards.

what do you care if someone plays thier records backwards?

Alien Workshop

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
Not sure of the term you are referring to, but the power of
suggestion has something to do with it too. If someone plants
the suggestion that you should hear something by playing the
record backwards, you will unwittingly attempt to make it so
even if there is nothing there.

--

The Resident Alien

http://www.alienworkshop.net

ANTI-SPAM ADDRESSING IN EFFECT - SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
seventhplanetATalienworkshop.net (Replace AT with @)

The ALIEN WORKSHOP is an Outpost of the Seventh Planet
copyright 1998 - Seventh Planet Productions - all rights reserved

moorehed

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
the term yer all looking for is a placebo. a good example, thos buttons that
pedestrians hit at xwalks to make the light change.they do n othing but make
ppl feel better waiting.

Jason Lynch

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98

FUNKYBOO

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98
What was that shit with Judas priest,some dudes killed themselves or sumpin?
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
---
If you die and god gives you a choice between regular heaven and
pieheaven,chose pie heaven.It might be a trick from satan,but if it's
not!!!Mmmmm,boy!!

David Holmes

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98

SvladCjell

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98
actually, those pedestrian buttons actually DO tell the light to change quicker
(or at all)... oi live near an intersection that has a different cycle for
mornings and afternoons, athan for nighttime. unless you press the button, the
walk/dont walk sign stays at "dont walk" no matter what. (it has to do with the
way the left hand turns are scheduled.) if you dont press the button, and wait,
you're likely to get hit by someone making a left hand turn. whew.
Brachot Zehirot
Saerah

BigAngryMan

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98
Ryan Rosebush wrote in message <36437D51...@virginia.edu>...

>> theres something know in the world of psychology (cant think of the
>> name right now) - that when you think youre supposed to hear something,
you
>> hear it even if its not there. or like if someone gives you medicine and
its
>> really not medicine, you may feel better anyway because of your mind
>> thinking youre supposed to (does that make sense)-
>>

>It's called the Placebo effect.

..Interesting tidbit of information, there is an opposite, called the
tomato effect, after an experiment conducted with 10 people, who were all
given perfectly fine tomatoes, ate them, then were told the tomatoes were
poisoned. 3 out of 10 showed symptoms of poisoning. Little OT, but just had
to share it.

-BigAngryMan

Jason Lynch

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98
Oh i know about Pry to.... i thought there was something else.... :)

MiniFCar wrote in message <36437...@news.one.net>...
>Yeah..Pry To says something backwards...

Steve Breault

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98
Placebo is the term that you are looking for.

Steve

ct...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/10/98
In article <xGO02.661$n33.1...@news4.atl.bellsouth.net>,

"David Holmes" <dho...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> theres something know in the world of psychology (cant think of the
> >name right now) - that when you think youre supposed to hear something, you
> >hear it even if its not there. or like if someone gives you medicine and
> its
> >really not medicine, you may feel better anyway because of your mind
> >thinking youre supposed to (does that make sense)-
>
> Yes, it does. I took a psych course in college and we talked about that
> exact thing. I can't remember the term either though.
>
> David

it's called "if you believe what they tell you in psych class you're a fool"

check out www.reversespeech.com and you'll open your mind a little