Jackson C. Frank

Rue Barb

Dec 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/8/97

I was interested in passing on a little tidbit - If you have the Old
Friends compilation, you will remember "Blues Run the Game" is an
unreleased track that S&G did for the SOS album that got left off (and
forgotten for 30 years or so)

I managed to find the album this came from - It's been released on CD
and is available from CD universe. The songwriter and artist was
Jackson C. Frank. I'm probably one of very few in America to own a
copy. It's interesting, almost Dylanish, and fairly well written. Paul
Simon also produced it with money from his "Songbook" album.

This is not a real recommendation, although the album is good. If you
were interested in seeing who Paul Simon listened and lived with in
'64-'65, then this is certainly worth the 14 bucks.

RB the tangled

BKawalec

Dec 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/8/97

>I managed to find the album this came from - It's been released on CD
>and is available from CD universe. The songwriter and artist was
>Jackson C. Frank. I'm probably one of very few in America to own a
>copy. It's interesting, almost Dylanish, and fairly well written. Paul
>Simon also produced it with money from his "Songbook" album.

Sorry, but you're not quite clear here. Is it an album by Jackson C Frank that
you have, and was this record produced by Paul?

MHohulin

Dec 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/9/97

>Is it an album by Jackson C Frank that
>you have, and was this record produced by Paul?

Paul produced Jackson Frank's one and only album "Blues Run the Game" with
money he earned from "Songbook".
alt.newsgroupspaul-simon

faceh...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2020, 7:08:17 AM2/20/20
He died not long after this post, and recorded some great demos around the same time. Very tragic story.