Barry Kornfeld

Grvrmonstr

Nov 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/3/98
Have any of you ever wondered who this guy is (at least those of you who own
songbook)

Well, I am doing a speech, and part of my research was finding out about Bob
Dylan...anyway, I borrowed a bio from the library and lo and behold, Barry
Kornfeld is mentioned more than once. Back in 1964, Kornfeld was Paul Simon's
co-publisher. He was also good friend's with Dylan. That must've been
intersting.

This book also goes on to mention a time where Paul got angry at Dylan for
laughing during his set. Apparantly Dylan wasn't laughing at his set, he just
had the case of the giggles after drinking too much. Whatever.

Keren
"We close our eyes and dream,
And the world has turned around again."
Danny Elfman

MHohulin

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
>I borrowed a bio from the library and lo and behold, Barry
>Kornfeld is mentioned more than once.

Which book was it Keren?
alt.newsgroupspaul-simon

Grvrmonstr

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98

No Direction Home: The Life and Music of Bob Dylan

Keren
"Dreaming of Mercy st.
Wear your inside out"
-Peter Gabriel

Chris Stern

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98

MHohulin wrote:

> >I borrowed a bio from the library and lo and behold, Barry
> >Kornfeld is mentioned more than once.
>
> Which book was it Keren?
> alt.newsgroupspaul-simon

Isn't there a line in Desultory P' about Barry Cornfeld's mother on the
phone?

Chris

Grvrmonstr

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
<<Isn't there a line in Desultory P' about Barry Cornfeld's mother on the
phone?

Chris>>

Yes

mikej...@gmail.com

May 3, 2015, 11:12:03 PM5/3/15
On Tuesday, November 3, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Grvrmonstr wrote:
> Have any of you ever wondered who this guy is (at least those of you who own
> songbook)
>
> Well, I am doing a speech, and part of my research was finding out about Bob
> Dylan...anyway, I borrowed a bio from the library and lo and behold, Barry
> Kornfeld is mentioned more than once. Back in 1964, Kornfeld was Paul Simon's
> co-publisher. He was also good friend's with Dylan. That must've been
> intersting.
>
> This book also goes on to mention a time where Paul got angry at Dylan for
> laughing during his set. Apparantly Dylan wasn't laughing at his set, he just
> had the case of the giggles after drinking too much. Whatever.
>

> Keren
> "We close our eyes and dream,
> And the world has turned around again."
> Danny Elfman

Yes...sad to say but Jean Kornfeld was Barry Kornfeld's mother. She passed away in 2005.
At my house in Queens, Bary Kornfeld's mother was on the phone! She was a cousin of my mother.

At one time his parents gave me a copy of the Paul Simon songbook. Sorry I lost it.