Ex-Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul selling his first cellphone on eBay

amp

Jan 11, 2009, 8:00:31 AM1/11/09
Pegasus News http://atu.ca/ed6f

Ex-Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott is selling his first
cell phone on eBay http://atu.ca/VinnieCell

The phone is an old Motorola "Startrac" model from the
early '90s and is supposedly a birthday gift from -- sniff
sniff -- Dimebag. The auction, which ends on January 19,
has a video of Vinnie explaining that he doesn't need the
money, he just thought someone might enjoy the novelty of
owning it.

Richard B. Gilbert

Jan 11, 2009, 8:56:34 AM1/11/09

I had one of those back in the late 1990s. They make great doorstops
and could be used as a hammer. They were analog phones which pretty
much precludes using them in today's world. Unless you need a hammer or
a doorstop!

John Navas

Jan 11, 2009, 11:52:06 AM1/11/09
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 06:00:31 -0700 (MST), amp <nob...@pseudo.borked.net>
wrote in <f6cadb341e206f2d...@pseudo.borked.net>:

>Ex-Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott is selling his first

>cell phone on eBay...

This isn't a "for sale" newsgroup, and the post violates eBay rules.

--
Best regards, MOTOROLA WIKI:
John <http://cell.wikia.com/wiki/Motorola>

Richard B. Gilbert

Jan 11, 2009, 10:25:02 PM1/11/09
John Navas wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 06:00:31 -0700 (MST), amp <nob...@pseudo.borked.net>
> wrote in <f6cadb341e206f2d...@pseudo.borked.net>:
>
>> Ex-Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott is selling his first
>> cell phone on eBay...
>
> This isn't a "for sale" newsgroup, and the post violates eBay rules.

Why should WE care? eBay's rules and the enforcement thereof are eBay's
problem!

John Navas

Jan 11, 2009, 10:36:30 PM1/11/09
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:25:02 -0500, "Richard B. Gilbert"
<rgilb...@comcast.net> wrote in
<0aKdnS0i-fAEKvfU...@giganews.com>:

>John Navas wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 06:00:31 -0700 (MST), amp <nob...@pseudo.borked.net>
>> wrote in <f6cadb341e206f2d...@pseudo.borked.net>:
>>
>>> Ex-Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott is selling his first
>>> cell phone on eBay...
>>
>> This isn't a "for sale" newsgroup, and the post violates eBay rules.
>

>Why should WE care? ...

Why am I not surprised.

R. Mark Clayton

Jan 17, 2009, 12:59:08 PM1/17/09

"amp" <nob...@pseudo.borked.net> wrote in message

Pah! My first cellphone is on loan to the Science and Industry Museum in
Manchester!

Richard B. Gilbert

Jan 17, 2009, 4:17:15 PM1/17/09

And mine was chipped from flint! ;-)

Alphonso D'abruzzo

Jan 19, 2009, 10:04:42 AM1/19/09
On Jan 13, 9:33 pm, Evan Platt <e...@theobvious.espphotography.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:52:06 -0800, John Navas

> <spamfilt...@navasgroup.com> wrote:
> >This isn't a "for sale" newsgroup,
>
> I believe the OP was posting the link more for entertainment value
> than "Spam" value.

> >and the post violates eBay rules.
>
> Only if it can be proven that the poster is the owner of the eBay
> account, which eBay almost never does.
>
> Generally this means that the e-mail address posted to Usenet and the
> e-mail address on the eBay account need to match.
>
> I've reported auctions to eBay which were spammed by say "jsmith123
> <no...@nowhere.com>", and the eBay ID was jsmith123, but eBay said
> because the newsgroup spam "Didn't come from an e-mail address tied to
> the eBay account" they can't take action.

Didn't your mother ever tell you that being a tattletale won't endear
you to
your playmates?

amp

Jan 19, 2009, 4:52:26 PM1/19/09
In article
<f6cadb341e206f2d...@pseudo.borked.net>

amp <nob...@pseudo.borked.net> wrote:

> Pegasus News http://atu.ca/ed6f
>
> Ex-Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott is selling his first
> cell phone on eBay http://atu.ca/VinnieCell

Winning bid $471