Suck Vs. Greatness

Patrick J. Mccartney

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Metallica & Pantera rule!! Oasis SUCK!!!! METALLICA FOREVER!! LONG LIVE
PANTERA!! FUCK OASIS!!!

pm

Lars Persson

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96
to zzmcca...@acad.winthrop.edu

What to say ? You've said it all..

Geir Hongro

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96
Iow:
Long live braindead noise being desinged so that so-called "rebel"
14-year-olds may provocate their parents.
Real genius melodies suck.

Geir Hongro

http://www.uio.no/~hongro/

John L Clinebell

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

On Sat, 7 Sep 1996 gary...@concentric.net wrote:

> "Patrick J. Mccartney" <zzmcca...@acad.winthrop.edu> wrote:
>
> >Metallica & Pantera rule!! Oasis SUCK!!!! METALLICA FOREVER!! LONG LIVE
> >PANTERA!! FUCK OASIS!!!
>

> Alas, another poor, pathetic misguided soul who fails to realize that
> just because they enjoy one type of music that not all other music
> sucks. Hopefully his parents will take away his Internet privileges.
>
> Cheers!
> Gary S. Nusser

I agree with you, but he's right about oasis, THEY SUCK!

Cheers!
john

gary...@concentric.net

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

cen11107

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

> On Sat, 7 Sep 1996 gary...@concentric.net wrote:
>

> I agree with you, but he's right about oasis, THEY SUCK!
>
> Cheers!
> john

Same here but he is right they do suck.
cen11107

superfly

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

I'm sick of this cross posting bullshit!

Could we stop going back and forth with this Oasis "suck" "don't suck"
etc etc etc

Obviously, the person who started this thread is laughing his/her ass
off watching everyone on these three bbs's duke it out. Why does
everyone keep falling for these attempts at mixing things up?

Don't you get it? It's A TRICK and you are all falling for it!

Now, everyone, back to your corners! you are wasting everyone's time! :P

Mary

Casey

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

I agree too, and Oasis DO suck! Admit it...
--
"It's all fun and games 'til someone losses an eye"
-James Hetfield, Metallica

Iain Hynd

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Casey <rip...@erols.com> wrote:

ZZZzzzzz.

Stephen Marshall

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Well yes, Oasis DO suck, but what up with this crossposting bullshit?

Stephen

Mike

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96
to Geir Hongro

Geir Hongro wrote:

> "Patrick J. Mccartney" <zzmcca...@acad.winthrop.edu> wrote:
> >Metallica & Pantera rule!! Oasis SUCK!!!! METALLICA FOREVER!! LONG LIVE
> >PANTERA!! FUCK OASIS!!!
> >
> >pm
> Iow:
> Long live braindead noise being designed so that so-called "rebel"

> 14-year-olds may provocate their parents.
> Real genius melodies suck.
>
> Geir Hongro
>
> http://www.uio.no/~hongro/

Excuse me, where do you get off calling Metallica and Pantera braindead
noise? I looked at your page, and I saw a bunch of crap bands that I've
never even heard of that probably press a button on a keyboard and play
a tape of vocals. Braindead noise? I call sitting behind a keyboard,
drum machine, and tape deck braindead noise. It takes brains and skill
to do what Metallica and Pantera does. If I want to hear braindead
noise I'd watch MTV. Metallica and Pantera make the music they make
because they want to, not to make money and be popular and get on MTV
because that's what the trend is. They aren't trying to capitalize on
the popularity of a certain past group. They do what they do for
themselves. Besides, what 14 year olds know who Metallica was before
the Black Album, or who even know who Pantera is?

Casey

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Mike wrote:
> Besides, what 14 year olds know who Metallica was before
> the Black Album, or who even know who Pantera is?

Well, this has nothing to do with the Oasis conversation, but maybe no
14 year olds knew who Metallica was before TBA because it came out when
we were 7 or 8 or something like that. Hmmm, I LOVED Metallica when I
was 7! I didn't even like music then...

Geir Hongro

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96
>themselves. Besides, what 14 year olds know who Metallica was before

>the Black Album, or who even know who Pantera is?

There are a lot of 14-year-olds who like Pantera. Why?
The only reason is they are sure their parents and their teachers
HATE it.

Geir Hongro

http://www.uio.no/~hongro/engelsk.htm

Persinthia Lawdro

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

>Excuse me, where do you get off calling Metallica and Pantera braindead
>noise? I looked at your page, and I saw a bunch of crap bands that I've
>never even heard of that probably press a button on a keyboard and play
>a tape of vocals.

You're commenting on a bunch of bands you've never heard of??? HA...that's
quite amusing. Tell you what, let me send you a list of bands you probably
also have never heard of and you can tell me what they sound like as well, eh
genius???

Little advice. If you've never heard of a band, then DON'T assume things.
Makes you look like quite the arse!

Although I love Metallica, I'd pretty much call Pantera braindead (heck...the
lead singer was ALMOST dead from drugs...that's real smart).

Message has been deleted

Casey

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Geir Hongro wrote:
> There are a lot of 14-year-olds who like Pantera. Why?
> The only reason is they are sure their parents and their teachers
> HATE it.
>
> Geir Hongro

what a load of crap. we don't listen toa group just to rebel, we listen
to a group if they're good...
--
"It's all fun and games 'til someone loses an eye, then it's fun, just
you can't see..."

Samael

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Besides, what 14 year olds know who Metallica was before
#the Black Album, or who even know who Pantera is?

Before the black album I knew quite a few 14 year olds, even 11,12,13 years
olds into Metallica and Pantera. Age doesn't have anything to do with when you
got into Metallica. I got into Metallica at 11 years old, I am almost 22 now

Daniel Bolger

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

The rain could be heard hammering on the corrugated iron roof of the
shed outside. The dark, candlelit room occasionally flashed wth
brilliant white light from the thunderstorm. In the corner, the hunched
figure of Iain Hynd <mh...@taynet.co.uk> stood up, cursed under his
breath, and said:

>Casey <rip...@erols.com> wrote:
>>> Same here but he is right they do suck.
>>> cen11107
>>I agree too, and Oasis DO suck! Admit it...
>ZZZzzzzz.

Me Too!

Daniel Bolger: A misunderstood person in general, actually.
dan...@colouruk.demon.co.uk
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/5674

Daniel Bolger

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

figure of Casey <rip...@erols.com> stood up, cursed under his breath,

and said:
>Hmmm, I LOVED Metallica when I
>was 7! I didn't even like music then...

A resounding "no comment" from the Oasis camp, then...

courtney w.

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

>themselves. Besides, what 14 year olds know who Metallica was before

>the Black Album, or who even know who Pantera is?

me....

courtney

Casey

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

Samael wrote:
> Before the black album I knew quite a few 14 year olds, even 11,12,13 years
> olds into Metallica and Pantera. Age doesn't have anything to do with when you
> got into Metallica. I got into Metallica at 11 years old, I am almost 22 now

I got into Metallica when i was 9 (?) and I'm 13 now. Everyone says I'm
just a poser because I'm a teen, but I know who the best band in the
world is, and I'm gonna stick with them until they stop playing. oh,
p.s.-thanks Samuel, I agree with you totally!

Tim Stainthorpe

Sep 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/13/96

In article <323761...@erols.com>, Casey <rip...@erols.com> wrote
some gubbins:

>Samael wrote:
>> Before the black album I knew quite a few 14 year olds, even 11,12,13 years
>> olds into Metallica and Pantera. Age doesn't have anything to do with when you
>> got into Metallica. I got into Metallica at 11 years old, I am almost 22 now
>I got into Metallica when i was 9 (?) and I'm 13 now.

Nevermind eh?
We're gonna uncover, we're sleeping in arse holes.
Tim Stainthorpe t...@maingate.demon.co.uk

Jamie F. McNett

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

I'm 15 and I like Pantera and my parents could give a shit less about
what I listen to (as long as they don't have to). I like Pantera's
style and lyrics, not the fact that other people don't like them.

-Andrew

the worst possible thing to do at a Pantera concert:

Wear a Greenday t-shirt!

da...@wolfenet.com

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

brea...@generation.net (Samael) wrote:

>Besides, what 14 year olds know who Metallica was before

>#the Black Album, or who even know who Pantera is?

I resent that! I'm 15, and I loved Metallica ever since I saw "The
Unforgiven" on eMpTyV. I have since collected all their other shit,
and let me tell you something.
Just because you may have gotten into Metallica before I did, doesn't
make you a better fan. Just because you were born earlier has no
effect on how much later fans like the band.
I bet you hate Load because it's not Master Of Puppets II. Besides, if
the time you started listening holds any bearing on anything, just be
glad I didn't like them for doing the "Until It Sleeps" video. And in
closing, I'd like to say how ironic it is that some of the fans that
"jumped on the bandwagon" 5 years ago can be so much more open-minded
to what Metallica feels like doing than MoP purists.

-Stoolio!
The Buttland Transcriptor and Stool First-Class
"Adrenaline starts to flow...You're thrashing all around...
I feel like a maniac...Whiplash!" - Metallica

Casey

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

Jamie F. McNett wrote:

> I'm 15 and I like Pantera and my parents could give a shit less about
> what I listen to (as long as they don't have to). I like Pantera's
> style and lyrics, not the fact that other people don't like them.
>
> -Andrew

I'm 13 (today!) and I love Metallica. I don't listen to them to piss
off my parents, because my dad actually loves Metallica, and my Mom
likes some Metallica. I listen to them because they kick ass!!!

Rob Morris

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

da...@wolfenet.com wrote:

> -Stoolio!
> The Buttland Transcriptor and Stool First-Class
> "Adrenaline starts to flow...You're thrashing all around...
> I feel like a maniac...Whiplash!" - Metallica

it's "ACTING like a maniac" asshole, but since metallica has turned into
Madonna, who cares?

Rob

Rob Morris

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

Gabriel M Aherne wrote:

> Did you know that Metallica are all Oasis fans? Especially Lars,
> who has hung out with them backstage.

And did YOU know that Metallica sucks now? Maybe oasis (who sucks also),
had something to do with that Load of SHIT!

Sparky

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

In article <323AF6...@primenet.com>, ri...@primenet.com says...
Why are you here?
--
.-/ .-.
_.-~ / _____ ______ __ _ _ _ ___ | ~-._

Iain Hynd

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

Reserve the leaf...

Troy Greatorex

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

your fucking right oasis are fucking cocksucking queer dogflogging cunts

<32304FF7...@acad.winthrop.edu>...

> Metallica & Pantera rule!! Oasis SUCK!!!! METALLICA FOREVER!! LONG LIVE
> PANTERA!! FUCK OASIS!!!
>

> pm

John P. Lacson

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

I'm a big fan of Metallica!!! I got into them when I was 15...and it was
the ...And Justice for All album that got me hooked!!!!!
I loved One....even more when I saw the video!!!
Don't think all the 'kids' love grunge!!!!!!!!!!

John Lacson, Philippines.

On Sat, 14 Sep 1996
da...@wolfenet.com wrote:

> brea...@generation.net (Samael) wrote:
>
> >Besides, what 14 year olds know who Metallica was before
> >#the Black Album, or who even know who Pantera is?
>
> I resent that! I'm 15, and I loved Metallica ever since I saw "The
> Unforgiven" on eMpTyV. I have since collected all their other shit,
> and let me tell you something.
> Just because you may have gotten into Metallica before I did, doesn't
> make you a better fan. Just because you were born earlier has no
> effect on how much later fans like the band.
> I bet you hate Load because it's not Master Of Puppets II. Besides, if
> the time you started listening holds any bearing on anything, just be
> glad I didn't like them for doing the "Until It Sleeps" video. And in
> closing, I'd like to say how ironic it is that some of the fans that
> "jumped on the bandwagon" 5 years ago can be so much more open-minded
> to what Metallica feels like doing than MoP purists.
>

> -Stoolio!
> The Buttland Transcriptor and Stool First-Class
> "Adrenaline starts to flow...You're thrashing all around...
> I feel like a maniac...Whiplash!" - Metallica

5555555555 11 5555555555 00000000
55 1111 55 00 00 John-Paolo Lacson
55 11 55 00 00 JLa...@Zeus.Engg.UPD.Edu.ph
555555555 11 555555555 00 00 JAL...@Supergrover.Engg.UPD.
55 11 55 00 00 Edu.ph
55 11 55 00 00
555555555 111111 555555555 00000000

Superfly (Mary/Rick)

Sep 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/26/96

We're not starting this up again are we??

satanict...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 1:10:24 PM2/14/17
On Friday, September 6, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Patrick J. Mccartney wrote:
> Metallica & Pantera rule!! Oasis SUCK!!!! METALLICA FOREVER!! LONG LIVE
> PANTERA!! FUCK OASIS!!!
>
> pm

I like the way you think, sir! Yes, Oasis most definitely suck shit!