Dimebag's thoughts on Korn-rock

Damage, Inc

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
  This entire interview can be found by going to
http://www.guitar.com

Guitar.com: In the past few years -- especially since Korn came along --
there's been a revolution in percussive rhythm guitar playing. Any
opinion on this new approach to guitar playing?

Dimebag: Little cheap easy-ass shit to play. They play fuckin'
seven-string
guitars and they can't even play four fuckin' strings on the thang.
Dude, I come from the old school and I don't care who it pisses off
because I'm into playin' every motherfuckin' string on the thing,
grabbin' the whammy bar, bendin' high notes, grabbin' squeals, -- usin'
the motherfucker, dude. It's not about wearin' baggy fuckin' pants and
jumpin' around with a seven-string guitar when you can't use nothin' but
your first finger and you're tuned to an open chord. Hey man, all the
power and all the fuckin' pats on the back for all the success that
anybody's had with it, but let me tell you, brother, I don't know how
it's gonna last. There's a lot more to it than that, man. I'm into full
meal deal guitar playin' and we're the men to step up to the plate and
give it to ya 100 percent pure.

mazza

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
Ha ha ha ha.... Dime knows what he`s talking about.
he rules.

Aaron Burrough

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
In article <28007-38...@storefull-275.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
ThrashM...@webtv.net (Damage, Inc) wrote:

> =A0=A0This entire interview can be found by going to

LOL! You go Dimebag!

--
"Burning high, eclipse of the sun
Blackened skies, rites of the night

Liam Thompson

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Dime, brilliantly said.

Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:55:57 +0100
From: Liam Thompson <cf11...@citysun.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: alt.music.pantera
To: "Damage, Inc" <ThrashMetal2000@w

Axeman

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Fuckin A

JB

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
Whoah, hold up a sec, I just got Guitar World with Dime on the cover with
his new "Dime Stealth" (looks totally killer) and in the interview his
opinion doesn't seem to be quite as extreme. Dime talking about 7-stringers:
"There's power in that, and I can see how somebody can get off on that.
But if you want to make the guitar sing..."
"Now, if you only feel like lifting your finger up and down on the
neck, that's cool too, and you should enjoy it if that's all you feel."
"I'm not saying I wouldn't play a seven string. It's just that I've
never needed one."

Doesn't seem to be the same guy does it? maybe one was alcohol fuelled or
the mag interview was toned down (although I doubt the latter).

JB

Damage, Inc <ThrashM...@webtv.net> wrote in message

This entire interview can be found by going to
http://www.guitar.com

Guitar.com: In the past few years -- especially since Korn came along --
there's been a revolution in percussive rhythm guitar playing. Any
opinion on this new approach to guitar playing?

Dimebag: Little cheap easy-ass shit to play. They play fuckin'
seven-string
guitars and they can't even play four fuckin' strings on the thang.
Dude, I come from the old school and I don't care who it pisses off
because I'm into playin' every motherfuckin' string on the thing,
grabbin' the whammy bar, bendin' high notes, grabbin' squeals, -- usin'
the motherfucker, dude. It's not about wearin' baggy fuckin' pants and
jumpin' around with a seven-string guitar when you can't use nothin' but
your first finger and you're tuned to an open chord. Hey man, all the

Pantera789

Apr 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/17/00
they didnt mention korn anywhere, it was a question about 7 string guitars. and
nowhere did it pertain to korn, thats why its less hostile.

Savage Denial

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
Methinks in the Guitar World interview, Dime was just trying not
to piss people off and lose album sales. Chuck Schuldiner of
Death and Control Denied got a sidebar (a WHOLE sidebar!, and he
was the best guitarist in the issue, very sad. He should have
been on the cover.) about a year ago, and talked alot of shit
and named names about metallica and korn, and when the readers
letters appeared a few months later, it was nothin but whiny
pussies complaining that he shouldn't make fun of their idols.
Hence Dime played low key and kept some album sales, but perhaps
thought the guitar.com interview would not be as widely
publicized.

nickpal...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2016, 1:20:16 PM2/1/16
He never said anything negative about 7 string guitars themselves. It was more of a jab at korn for having 7 strings and not using it to its fullest capabilities.