I hate people who call him "KURDT"

Tim Moffat

Dec 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/22/96

Why the hell do so many people call Kurt "KURDT"? Thats not his real
name! KURT is written on his death certificate, and the reason they
write "KURDT" on Bleach is because they made a mistake! So call him
KURT!!!
--
"It's better to burn out than fade away"

KURT COBAIN 1967-1994

Message has been deleted

Ruckus Records

Dec 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/23/96

Kurt used to say that Kurdt was the German spelling of his name. It was
just a joke. I doubt that it was a mistake on Bleach.
So if he called himself Kurdt, does that mean that Tim Moffat hates him?
Hasta

Kurt (who really is named Kurt)

Chris Lawrence (mus...@islandnet.com) wrote:
: Tim Moffat wrote:
: >
: > Why the hell do so many people call Kurt "KURDT"? Thats not his real

: Um...I'll call him "Ckuurddte" if I want, man. Kurt liked his name
: that way, anyways. so shut up!

: Chris

: The only thing I don't like is people whose e-mail addresses are
: "Ku...@whatever.com", or "Kurtc...@wherever.com", stuff like
: that. Or if they sign their names as Kurt, Kurdt, or anything
: like that (unless there names really are Kurt, but hey, I
: doubt it). I mean, that's degrading to Kurt, in my opinion. That's
: not paying him tribute, that's downright pretention.

Kurt Ehrler - El Presidente - Ruckus Records
http://www.teleport.com/~ruckus
Home of Ruckus and the Oregon Band Page

Stanfield

Dec 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/23/96
kurt once said (in his bio, i think) that it was a joke to try to
confuse people.

Web Hosting

Dec 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/24/96

It was NOT a mistake on bleach (or incesticide)...

Kurt changed his name just to confuse people, and it worked very well.

On 23 Dec 1996 19:47:59 GMT, ruc...@teleport.com (Ruckus Records)
wrote:

>Kurt used to say that Kurdt was the German spelling of his name. It was
>just a joke. I doubt that it was a mistake on Bleach.
>So if he called himself Kurdt, does that mean that Tim Moffat hates him?
>Hasta
>
>Kurt (who really is named Kurt)

Horizon Web Services
http://www.horizon-web.com
sa...@horizon-web.com

en...@sprynet.com

Jason Fry

Dec 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/26/96

on the back of bleach it says: Kurdt Kobain:guitar/vocals
and on the photo credits in nevermind it says: monkey photo by_Kurdt
Kobain.

So you shouldnt hate people who call him that because then your hating
kurt because hes the one that started his so called nickname.

Jason
visit my webpage:
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.htmlhttp://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.htmlhttp://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.htmlhttp://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.htmlhttp://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.htmlhttp://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.htmlhttp://www.geociti
bye!

Jeremy Horpedahl

Dec 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/26/96

David Perle wrote:

> Jason Fry <fry...@sprintmail.com> wrote:
>
> >sorry the link wasnt seperated so it didnt work heres the address:
> >http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.html
>
> YOU'VE ALREADY POSTED YOUR URL A MILLION FUCKING TIMES, YOU OBNOXIOUS
> TWAT! STOP IT!
>
> ---------------
> FOR OVER 350 FULLY CATALOGUED NIRVANA LINKS, GO TO
> http://www.netcom.com/~dperle/nirvana/nirvlinks.html
>
> CDs & Tapes For Sale At:
> http://www.netcom.com/~dperle/music
> (Black 47/Frank Black/Janis Joplin/NIN/Pixies/Television/etc...

Wow, this is quite ironic. You post to this newsgroup several times a
day, and you're always sure to include YOUR url. I'm not saying that's
wrong (I usually do it too), but don't flame someone for something you
do to.

Jeremy
ho...@hills.net
HERE'S MY URL (wow) - http://www.hills.net/~horp/nirvana.htm

BTW, he does post his url too much, but that's his choice. It's a thing
called "free speech". He's not forcing you to read his posts, you can
choose to not read his.

Jason Fry

Dec 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/26/96

VryGoodBoy

Dec 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/27/96

IT WASN'T A MISTAKE DUMB FUCK, he changed his name on all them because he
wanted to hide from any popularity, then as time went on, he gave into it

David Perle

Dec 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/27/96

Jason Fry <fry...@sprintmail.com> wrote:

>sorry the link wasnt seperated so it didnt work heres the address:
>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.html

YOU'VE ALREADY POSTED YOUR URL A MILLION FUCKING TIMES, YOU OBNOXIOUS

mar...@paonline.com

Dec 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/27/96

Jason Fry <fry...@sprintmail.com> wrote:

>on the back of bleach it says: Kurdt Kobain:guitar/vocals
>and on the photo credits in nevermind it says: monkey photo by_Kurdt
>Kobain.

>So you shouldnt hate people who call him that because then your hating
>kurt because hes the one that started his so called nickname.

>Jason

Exactly! It is obvious that the person is not a "true" fan of Kurdts.

Message has been deleted

David Perle

Dec 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/28/96

Chris Lawrence <mus...@islandnet.com> wrote:

>mar...@paonline.com wrote:

>> Exactly! It is obvious that the person is not a "true" fan of Kurdts.
>

>This is just sad.

I agree. marcob, do you think you could try to take a bit of a
break from worrying about who's a so-called "true fan" and who's not?
I mean, I agree sometimes, like when you're talking about someone
trying to get the supposed photos of the dead Kurt Cobain (which as
most of us know are not on the 'Net, and those that claim to be the
photos are fake), but still...chill already.

David

David Perle

Dec 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/28/96

Jeremy Horpedahl <ho...@hills.net> wrote:

>David Perle wrote:

>> YOU'VE ALREADY POSTED YOUR URL A MILLION FUCKING TIMES, YOU OBNOXIOUS
>> TWAT! STOP IT!

>Wow, this is quite ironic. You post to this newsgroup several times a

>day, and you're always sure to include YOUR url. I'm not saying that's
>wrong (I usually do it too), but don't flame someone for something you
>do to.

Nope, I'm usually pretty quick to admit when I'm wrong, but I
disagee with this. I, like many people, have a .sig file. On such a
..sig file, someone can put whatever text he or she wants. Most people
use it to advertise his or her web page, as I do. The "several times
a day" that I post to this newsgroup are when I have something to say
in this newsgroup, and it is THEN that my .sig file gets posted,
naturally. This "obnoxious twat" as I put it (hey, when you
communicate with people in foreign lands you pick things up...) has
posted his URL in messages with the only purpose being to post his
URL. He's had nothing else to say, he just wanted to post his URL.
Almost every time his subject line has something to do with checking
out "this cool new web page"... And the note that I finally replied
to was after he posted his URL in one note when the URL appeared
several times with no spaces inbetween, so he re-posed the URL for the
umpteen million times saying that it didn't work last time, since
there were no spaces. He's posted it WAY too many times, in an
extremely obnoxious way, and that is why I finally responded, and did
so the way I do. I make no apologies, and I was not even the first to
comment on it, though I was clearly the meanest.

>BTW, he does post his url too much, but that's his choice. It's a thing
>called "free speech". He's not forcing you to read his posts, you can
>choose to not read his.

There's something called 'netiquette', and he violated it.

Ethan Schwartz

Dec 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/28/96

In article <32BCB0...@ozemail.com.au>,

Tim Moffat <king...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>Why the hell do so many people call Kurt "KURDT"? Thats not his real
>name! KURT is written on his death certificate, and the reason they
>write "KURDT" on Bleach is because they made a mistake! So call him
>KURT!!!

"Kurdt" came from a mistake some fool made in like 87, when Nirvana
had a track on, *I think*, the Terryaki Asmah compilation. Kurt liked
it, and used it. That's why it's on Bleach. Kurdt Kobain is also
credited for the Monkey photo in Nevermind. Kurt called himself Kurdt
in the letter in the Incesticide liner notes, and I think he's
credited as Kurdt for the songwriting. So I guess you hate Kurt.
--
Ethan H. Schwartz
esch...@nyx.net

Thomas Morgan

Dec 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/28/96

David Perle (dpe...@ix.netcom.com) wrote some nice big words...

David, I have to say that I'm proud of you. Not one obscenity in yr entire
post. There may be hope for you yet. By the way, I can't think of anything
else to write so I guess I'll ramble to mke my post more substantial, I
mean after all, the bigger the better, right? As a wise man once said,
"Corn is a grain, not a vegetable, you idiot. Now eat your dinner!" My
point being, Nirvararna rulz and all of you ppl ho hat cirt are twats!
Yeah! theize rulz!!! Kirt 4 ever!!! Has anyone heard of that new song
spank to? It rulzz!! I herd that nirvanka are back 2gether with this bruce
guy. he rulz, but i think hez afag. thataz what i sawed on my bible, mtv!!

There, _now_ do I fit in? Lemme know, m'kay.

--
Thomas Morgan
tmo...@grfn.org

Everybody must get stoned...
(as if you couldn't guess)

David Perle

Dec 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/29/96

tmo...@grfn.org (Thomas Morgan) wrote:

>There, _now_ do I fit in? Lemme know, m'kay.

For God's sake, I told you that I couldn't care less if you post
short messages...t was when you criticized someone ELSE for always
posting short messages that I spoke out. If it was a joke, then it
wasn't a very obvious one.

Thomas Morgan

Dec 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/29/96

sserv.grfn.org> <32c6b78...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>:
David Perle (dpe...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: >There, _now_ do I fit in? Lemme know, m'kay.

: For God's sake, I told you that I couldn't care less if you post
: short messages...t was when you criticized someone ELSE for always
: posting short messages that I spoke out. If it was a joke, then it
: wasn't a very obvious one.

It wasn't meant to be. I'm sorry if you need a cymbal crash to inform you
of a joke.

I feel like I'm disappearing, getting smaller everyday
But I look in yr eyes, and I'm bigger in every way
-KG

mar...@paonline.com

Dec 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/30/96

dpe...@ix.netcom.com (David Perle) wrote:

>Chris Lawrence <mus...@islandnet.com> wrote:

>>mar...@paonline.com wrote:

>>> Exactly! It is obvious that the person is not a "true" fan of Kurdts.
>>
>>This is just sad.

> I agree. marcob, do you think you could try to take a bit of a
>break from worrying about who's a so-called "true fan" and who's not?
>I mean, I agree sometimes, like when you're talking about someone
>trying to get the supposed photos of the dead Kurt Cobain (which as
>most of us know are not on the 'Net, and those that claim to be the
>photos are fake), but still...chill already.

>David

David, you take care of you & your postings & I'll take care of me &
my postings. I don't tell you what to post, so don't tell me what to
post.

AmyLe788

Jan 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/3/97

thats not true... kurt himself spelled his name kurdt.. cuz he liked it
that way.. it wasn't a misprint.

JULES DIED

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

dpe...@ix.netcom.com (David Perle) wrote:

>>Jason Fry <fry...@sprintmail.com> wrote:

>sorry the link wasnt seperated so it didnt work heres the address:
>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.html

YOU'VE ALREADY POSTED YOUR URL A MILLION FUCKING TIMES, YOU OBNOXIOUS
TWAT! STOP IT!>>

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

he said , ehehhhee, obnoxious twat, ehehehhehhe

http://members.aol.com/JULESDIED/Boot.html

you are not bound to pull down your pants and
bend over when someone is attempting to screw you"
- dats...@aol.com

JULES DIED

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

mar...@paonline.com wrote:

>>Jason Fry <fry...@sprintmail.com> wrote:

>on the back of bleach it says: Kurdt Kobain:guitar/vocals
>and on the photo credits in nevermind it says: monkey photo by_Kurdt
>Kobain.

>So you shouldnt hate people who call him that because then your hating
>kurt because hes the one that started his so called nickname.

>Jason

>>Exactly! It is obvious that the person is not a "true" fan of Kurdts.<<

and Marcob is such a fan that she tries to destroy anything related to
Kurt's beloved wife, a woman he mentioned in his suicide note as "a
Goddess who sweats dignity". I bet if he were alive and you tried that
shit he'd hate your guts Marcob... such a waste of skin........

Grapling-hook Boy

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

In alt.music.nirvana mar...@paonline.com wrote:
: Jason Fry <fry...@sprintmail.com> wrote:

: >on the back of bleach it says: Kurdt Kobain:guitar/vocals
: >and on the photo credits in nevermind it says: monkey photo by_Kurdt
: >Kobain.

: >So you shouldnt hate people who call him that because then your hating
: >kurt because hes the one that started his so called nickname.

: >Jason

: Exactly! It is obvious that the person is not a "true" fan of Kurdts.

His problem isn't that he wasn't aware of how the Kurdt thing was started,
his problem is that he's a prejudiced fuck-up.

ni...@mvtel.net

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

On 6 Jan 1997 10:25:03 GMT, jule...@aol.com (JULES DIED) wrote:

>dpe...@ix.netcom.com (David Perle) wrote:
>
>>>Jason Fry <fry...@sprintmail.com> wrote:
>

>>sorry the link wasnt seperated so it didnt work heres the address:
>>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1374/Home.html
>
>YOU'VE ALREADY POSTED YOUR URL A MILLION FUCKING TIMES, YOU OBNOXIOUS
>TWAT! STOP IT!>>
>
>LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
>
>he said , ehehhhee, obnoxious twat, ehehehhehhe
>

>http://members.aol.com/JULESDIED/Boot.html
>
>you are not bound to pull down your pants and
>bend over when someone is attempting to screw you"
>- dats...@aol.com

oh no! did you just call him a vagina!?
i'm assuming thats a compliment.

Grapling-hook Boy

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

sserv.grfn.org>:
Hahahah, I loved your post, but I don't find anything wrong with
obscenity...unless it when they go back and put 'fuck' in after every
word....Just my thoughts...

In alt.music.nirvana Thomas Morgan <tmo...@grfn.org> wrote:
: David Perle (dpe...@ix.netcom.com) wrote some nice big words...

: David, I have to say that I'm proud of you. Not one obscenity in yr entire
: post. There may be hope for you yet. By the way, I can't think of anything
: else to write so I guess I'll ramble to mke my post more substantial, I
: mean after all, the bigger the better, right? As a wise man once said,
: "Corn is a grain, not a vegetable, you idiot. Now eat your dinner!" My
: point being, Nirvararna rulz and all of you ppl ho hat cirt are twats!
: Yeah! theize rulz!!! Kirt 4 ever!!! Has anyone heard of that new song
: spank to? It rulzz!! I herd that nirvanka are back 2gether with this bruce
: guy. he rulz, but i think hez afag. thataz what i sawed on my bible, mtv!!

: There, _now_ do I fit in? Lemme know, m'kay.
:
: --

: Everybody must get stoned...

: (as if you couldn't guess)

naksksk dmsklwks

Apr 10, 2022, 1:13:16 AM4/10/22
why is the date in the 90s! dawgggg is this thread that old??????????????????? god damn this is crazy, anyways stream jaden smith ctv3

naksksk dmsklwks

Apr 10, 2022, 1:23:53 AM4/10/22
bro this is insane i looked some of u up this is crazy... u all have lives and families,jobs now, and technology has changed since the 90s but its so insane to me, i cannot comprehnd this... this this fuckinfg insane to me... i wonder if Tim still hates it... im 16 so this is older than me holyfuckholyfuckkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiram Lopez

Jul 1, 2023, 11:24:26 AM7/1/23
dawg I'm 15 around the same age and fr its so weird reading this

Karate Master

Aug 15, 2023, 3:12:46 AM8/15/23
It's weird seeing Gen Z slang in a Usenet thread, but here we are.

Thomas Morgan

Feb 17, 2024, 9:39:47 PMFeb 17
FRFR. It's weird being in my 40s and seeing 16-year-old me above.