Hardest Nirvana Song

Josh Lamb

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Chris, I have never looked at one tab book in my life. Every song I can
play from,Nirvana,to Hendrix, to Clapton I have learned from listening to
the MUSIC you fat ass. You don't even know who the fuck I am. I a good
guitar player but I am not great. Anyone can play half of Nirvana's songs.
By the way, do you do anything besides sit at your computer all day. Also
I can play drums, bass, cello, and even piano. Music has always been my
life. My father who has played guitar for over 25 years says I am better
than him.

So before you fuck with me you should know me.

Josh.

P.S. as AXL says "DOn't fuck with the bad side of me"

Message has been deleted

Josh Lamb

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Chris, when you can play eric clapton songs by just listening to the music
you can actually say something of meaning to me. Although I like Nirvana
the best, Kurt Cobain isn't the best guitar player. Clapton or Hendrix
would play all over him. I really don't care if your in a band, that
doesn't make you a better player. Get a real job.

Josh

Thomas Morgan

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Josh Lamb (jos...@bgnet.bgsu.edu) wrote:
: Chris, I have never looked at one tab book in my life. Every song I can

: play from,Nirvana,to Hendrix, to Clapton I have learned from listening to
: the MUSIC you fat ass. You don't even know who the fuck I am. I a good

So basically, you convert all of the major and minor chords to
abbrieviated power chords, right? Well, if it sounds good to you...

: guitar player but I am not great. Anyone can play half of Nirvana's songs.

: By the way, do you do anything besides sit at your computer all day. Also

That was great how you sort of slipped that half-assed insult in there!

: I can play drums, bass, cello, and even piano. Music has always been my
: life.

If it's yr life, does it mean that when you break a guitar string, you
lose a finger? Don't blow an amp, you might end up commiting suicide!

:My father who has played guitar for over 25 years says I am better than him.

Maybe yr father just plain sucks. Or perhaps he wants to make his sorry
little boy feel better about himself. Just like when yr mother tells you,
"You'll meet lots of girls, you're a nice looking little fella".

: So before you fuck with me you should know me.

Is this something like the Scream song "Fucked Without a Kiss"?

: Josh.

: P.S. as AXL says "DOn't fuck with the bad side of me"

Ohhhh, an Axl Rose quote!! Now yr REALLY a big boy, aren't you? Kiss me.
Fragmentation is the rule, "If There Is Such A Thing As Genius,
Unity is not taught in school I Am One; And If There Isn't,
-Sonic Youth I Don't Care" -John Lennon

Josh Lamb

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

My father was in a band with the bass player of the doobie brothers.

Message has been deleted

Muriel Cheung

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Chris Lawrence (mus...@islandnet.com) writes:

> Josh Lamb wrote:
>>
>> My father was in a band with the bass player of the doobie brothers.
>

> Really? My father WAS the bass player of the Doobie Brothers.
>
> Chris

_my_ father WAS a doobie brother.

--
- - - - - - - -
It's better to burn out than to fade away.

Thomas Morgan

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Josh Lamb (jos...@bgnet.bgsu.edu) wrote:
: My father was in a band with the bass player of the doobie brothers.

My father went to high school with the drummer from Toto. Cool, huh? :-b.
--
Thomas Morgan tmo...@grfn.org au...@detroit.freenet.org sono...@juno.com

Brian

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

Josh Lamb wrote:

> My father was in a band with the bass player of the doobie brothers.

Oh Yeah? Well I saw the episode of "What's Happening?" where the Doobie
Brothers came and jammed and Roger's school. Then they caught Rerun
bootlegging the show, and the concert just came to a dead halt when that
tape recorder fell out of Rerun's coat. The Doobies were just looking
at Rerun as if to say "Rerun, how could you?" All he could do was hang
his head in shame. But then they went out after the REAL crooks, the
guys who were forcing Rerun to bootleg the show. They were at "Rob's
Place", the local hangout, and when the bootleggers tried to leave out
the door, who was there but a couple of the Doobie Brothers! Then they
tried to escape out through the kitchen, but there were more Doobies in
there! Then they tried to escape out through the bathroom(I guess they
wanted to be cornered), and-you guessed it-MORE DOOBIE BROTHERS! I hope
to tell my grandkids one day that I witnessed this monumentous occasion
in TV history.

Brian

Check out the largest Nirvana discography w/pics on the net at
http://www.bendov.net/dust/discpics.htm Featuring those hard to find
pics of singles, EP's, compilations, promos, yadda, yadda, yadda

Keith Stroud

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

my father owns a vacuum/alarm store, is that cool or what?

ps: i know the sound man that did the tea party's last tour

bye
steve
k...@bconnex.net
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/9444/bootlist.htm

Brian McKenna

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Yam wrote:
> Who are the doobie brothers?

I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer. Next thing you'll be
asking what is "What's Happening!!".

Brian

Thomas Morgan

May 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/8/97

p.ix.netcom.com> <01bc5a9a$1d11cae0$7685d9ce@jill-s-computer>:
Israel's Daughter (ISRAE...@aol.com) wrote:
: oh yeah? well *I* tickled a Doobie Brother!

Yeah? Well *I* own one of Tom Johnston's testicles, preserved in
formaldehyde! Top that!

Luke Lakeman

Jul 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/8/97

>Israel's Daughter (ISRAE...@aol.com) wrote:
>: oh yeah? well *I* tickled a Doobie Brother!

You tickled a Doobie brother, what happened. Anyway I just thought I'd
say that notice how this thread statred off with how hard it is to
play a Nirvana song then it all of the sudden turned into a thread
about Doobie Brothers

To reply remove "deletethispartoftheaddress"

Swap Meet - An Australian Nirvana Page
http://www.angelfire.com/az/llake/index.html

Phil Oliver

Jul 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/9/97

On Tue, 08 Jul 1997 19:48:49 GMT,
kl...@ozemail.com.au.deletethispartoftheaddress (Luke Lakeman) wrote:

>>Israel's Daughter (ISRAE...@aol.com) wrote:
>>: oh yeah? well *I* tickled a Doobie Brother!
>
>You tickled a Doobie brother, what happened. Anyway I just thought I'd
>say that notice how this thread statred off with how hard it is to
>play a Nirvana song then it all of the sudden turned into a thread
>about Doobie Brothers

What are you talking about? Thomas Morgan and I fought the Doobies in
a tag team wrestling match last week and WE WON.

-Phil Oliver
-----
"I'm mean if you going to be hypocrite like the rest of us
just admit you posturing potser." - Ruwan Jayatilleke, in
<Pine.SOL.3.91.970616...@hejira.hunter.cuny.edu>

tmo...@grfn.org

Jul 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/10/97

In article <33c5435b...@news.enter.net>,

fel...@BIWSPAMBLOCKbiosys.net (Phil Oliver) wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Jul 1997 19:48:49 GMT,
> kl...@ozemail.com.au.deletethispartoftheaddress (Luke Lakeman) wrote:
>

> >>Israel's Daughter (ISRAE...@aol.com) wrote:
> >>: oh yeah? well *I* tickled a Doobie Brother!
> >
> >You tickled a Doobie brother, what happened. Anyway I just thought I'd
> >say that notice how this thread statred off with how hard it is to
> >play a Nirvana song then it all of the sudden turned into a thread
> >about Doobie Brothers
>
> What are you talking about? Thomas Morgan and I fought the Doobies in
> a tag team wrestling match last week and WE WON.

And it wasn't easy...Pat Simmons gave Phil a bloody nose, and Tom
Johnston brusied my jaw, but when the referee turned his head away, Chris
Lawrence entered the ring and smashed John Hartman in the back of the
head, and made a quick escape, unnoticed by the ref! That basically
turned the tables, Phil and I rallied, and were thus victorious! I'll
tell ya what, if it weren't for Chris, I may not be describing this
today. Chris is pretty tough for a little guy! -Thomas Morgan

Mobius Strip

Jul 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/12/97

> > tell ya what, if it weren't for Chris, I may not be describing this
> > today. Chris is pretty tough for a little guy! -Thomas Morgan
> >

> Whoah, wait: Thomas, you mean you're over 6 ft tall, and needed
> help kicking Dooby arse??? I always knew they were my heroes..
>
> Jill, heh heh :)

how about you butt-plugs take this to email and spare us your stupidity

tmo...@grfn.org

Jul 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/14/97

In article <33C7E2...@proaxis.com>,

Nothing drips with more irony than Curt Page calling someone "stupid".
C'Mon, now, Curt(er uh, sorry, 'Curdt'), if yr only going to post once a
month, try to make it worthwhile, okay buddy? Ms. Harding awaits you...

painT-boY

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

In article <33c9b802...@news.networx.net.au>, wee...@networx.net.au
says...

>On 13 Jul 1997 16:30:50 GMT, "alex" <al...@ime.net> wrote:
>
>>Dammit the hardest nirvana song is:Smells Like Teen Spirit so enough with
>>tickling the fucking doobie brothers
>>

>tickling the doobie brothers is harder than playing teen spirit any
>day !!!
>
>Luke ..
>
>SandsSsSsS

fuck S.L.T.S. its most definately Radio-Friendly Unit Shifter!!!!! thats GOTTA
be the hardest!!!

Thomas Morgan

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

: >

: >"alex" <al...@ime.net> wrote:
: >
: >>Dammit the hardest nirvana song is:Smells Like Teen Spirit so enough with
: >>tickling the fucking doobie brothers
: >

To play on guitar? It's too easy! Chris Lawrence, back me up here;-)
Alex, the chords are F5 A#5 G#5 C#5. Not exactly brain surgery...
The Nirvana song that took me the longest(as far as rhythm is concerned)
is "Spank Thru". Well, sorta...it's one of the few that isn't based
entirely on power chords. (D A C) I think...

As for the Doobies, well, uh, nevermind...
--
.```.
,O-O, Thomas Morgan

Message has been deleted

Bobby Tendinitis

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

Last I heard, Thomas Morgan was saying:

>: >
>: >"alex" <al...@ime.net> wrote:
>: >
>: >>Dammit the hardest nirvana song is:Smells Like Teen Spirit so enough
with
>: >>tickling the fucking doobie brothers
>: >
>
>To play on guitar? It's too easy! Chris Lawrence, back me up here;-)
>Alex, the chords are F5 A#5 G#5 C#5. Not exactly brain surgery...
>The Nirvana song that took me the longest(as far as rhythm is concerned)
>is "Spank Thru". Well, sorta...it's one of the few that isn't based
>entirely on power chords. (D A C) I think...

Right, they were either power chords or first position chords.
Ah well.

Actually, some of the weirder stuff from Bleach isn't power
chords, like "Paper Cuts". God knows what they were doing
there, or even if they knew...

--
Bobby Tendinitis
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9309

Bjorn Magnusson

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

Thomas Morgan wrote:

> : >
> : >"alex" <al...@ime.net> wrote:
> : >
> : >>Dammit the hardest nirvana song is:Smells Like Teen Spirit so enough with
> : >>tickling the fucking doobie brothers
> : >
>
> To play on guitar? It's too easy! Chris Lawrence, back me up here;-)
> Alex, the chords are F5 A#5 G#5 C#5. Not exactly brain surgery...
> The Nirvana song that took me the longest(as far as rhythm is concerned)
> is "Spank Thru". Well, sorta...it's one of the few that isn't based
> entirely on power chords. (D A C) I think...

The _usual_ chords are easier than those sonofabitch power chords! Maybe
it's because my guitar is fucked up, maybe it's because I am fucked up.
Who knows? Who wants to know?
Actually, the hardest Nirvana-song for me is Even in his youth. But that
is because I don't know how to play the G#, or however I am supposed to
write it.

--
Bjorn Magnusson --------------------*
mailto:ba...@algonet.se ------------*

Phil Oliver

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 00:09:07 -0700, Bjorn Magnusson <ba...@algonet.se>
wrote:

>Thomas Morgan wrote:
>>
>> : >
>> : >"alex" <al...@ime.net> wrote:
>> : >
>> : >>Dammit the hardest nirvana song is:Smells Like Teen Spirit so enough with
>> : >>tickling the fucking doobie brothers
>> : >
>>
>> To play on guitar? It's too easy! Chris Lawrence, back me up here;-)
>> Alex, the chords are F5 A#5 G#5 C#5. Not exactly brain surgery...
>> The Nirvana song that took me the longest(as far as rhythm is concerned)
>> is "Spank Thru". Well, sorta...it's one of the few that isn't based
>> entirely on power chords. (D A C) I think...
>
>The _usual_ chords are easier than those sonofabitch power chords! Maybe
>it's because my guitar is fucked up, maybe it's because I am fucked up.
>Who knows? Who wants to know?
>Actually, the hardest Nirvana-song for me is Even in his youth. But that
>is because I don't know how to play the G#, or however I am supposed to
>write it.

It's probably just a G#5, so just play 466 (from low E to D).

Les Lomas

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

The hardest Nirvana songs have to be Hairspray Queen and Aerozeppelin. The
solos just seem to be random notes. Apart from that all the other Nirvana
songs are fairly straight forward.
Chris
ledb...@hotmail.com

Foogi

Jul 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/25/97

no way. smells like teen spirit is the easiest to play on both bass and
guitar. on bass the hardest is either lounge act, or verse chorus verse,
(the version that is the hidden song on NO ALTERNATIVE) i don't know what
the hardest song on guitar is, but definitely not smells like teen spirit.

OChakaO

Jul 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/27/97

love buzz is pretty damn hard, the one on bleach

Message has been deleted

Geraldo

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

och...@aol.com (OChakaO) wrote:

>love buzz is pretty damn hard, the one on bleach

Only coz it's tuned 1/2 step (or is it a full step) above E standard
tuning, and most guitar strings will snap if you try to tune that
high.. and also the Guitar neck may warp in time also.

SandS

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

man ... Thurston Moore and Lee Renaldo must have some pretty bent
guitars then eh ?

Luke

Phil Oliver

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:14:49 -0700, Chris Lawrence
<mus...@islandnet.com> wrote:

>I use mainly
>alternate tunings on my guitar and I've tuned my low E UP to C (4 steps,
>people) with no trouble.

You can make it from E to C in 4 steps? No wonder they call you a
guitar god!

Joe and his daughter sk8boarder greta

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

serve the servants for guitar is hard. smells like teen spirit is one of
the easiest nirvana songs ever.

greta

email if you wanna buy bootlegs at: planbatptddotnet
pl...@ptd.net

Rsweener

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

fel...@BULSPAMBLOCKbiosys.net (Phil Oliver) wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:14:49 -0700, Chris Lawrence
><mus...@islandnet.com> wrote:
>
>>I use mainly
>>alternate tunings on my guitar and I've tuned my low E UP to C (4
>steps,
>>people) with no trouble.
>
>You can make it from E to C in 4 steps? No wonder they call you a
>guitar god!
>
>-Phil Oliver

I can, too. Nice to know I'm a god!

Phil Oliver

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

On 29 Jul 1997 20:52:07 GMT, rswe...@aol.com (Rsweener) wrote:

>fel...@BULSPAMBLOCKbiosys.net (Phil Oliver) wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:14:49 -0700, Chris Lawrence
>><mus...@islandnet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I use mainly
>>>alternate tunings on my guitar and I've tuned my low E UP to C (4
>>steps,
>>>people) with no trouble.
>>
>>You can make it from E to C in 4 steps? No wonder they call you a
>>guitar god!
>

>I can, too. Nice to know I'm a god!

Wow, then where do you gods find these atonal guitars?

Phil Oliver

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

On 29 Jul 1997 22:16:56 GMT, bed...@SPAMBLOCK.geocities.com (Bobby
Tendinitis) wrote:

>Last I heard, Phil Oliver was saying:

>>On Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:14:49 -0700, Chris Lawrence
>><mus...@islandnet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I use mainly
>>>alternate tunings on my guitar and I've tuned my low E UP to C (4 steps,
>>>people) with no trouble.
>>
>>You can make it from E to C in 4 steps? No wonder they call you a
>>guitar god!
>

>I did it once, but since then I've never been able to get up that
>high.

You snapped the high E string on one of my guitters trying to do that.
It's a good thing I'm not German or else I'd have bugged you about
that for months.

>I forget which song it is that requires that tuning to go up
>to C, perhaps "Cross the Breeze?"

Several do, I think "Sister" requires going up to C. Which is the one
that almost writes itself in open G tuning, "Mote"?

Bobby Tendinitis

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

Last I heard, Phil Oliver was saying:

>On Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:14:49 -0700, Chris Lawrence
><mus...@islandnet.com> wrote:
>
>>I use mainly
>>alternate tunings on my guitar and I've tuned my low E UP to C (4 steps,
>>people) with no trouble.
>
>You can make it from E to C in 4 steps? No wonder they call you a
>guitar god!

I did it once, but since then I've never been able to get up that

high. I forget which song it is that requires that tuning to go up
to C, perhaps "Cross the Breeze?" It was one of the DN songs.

Message has been deleted

Bobby Tendinitis

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

Last I heard, Phil Oliver was saying:

>On 29 Jul 1997 22:16:56 GMT, bed...@SPAMBLOCK.geocities.com
(Bobby
>Tendinitis) wrote:
>
>>Last I heard, Phil Oliver was saying:

>>>You can make it from E to C in 4 steps? No wonder they call you a
>>>guitar god!
>>
>>I did it once, but since then I've never been able to get up that
>>high.
>
>You snapped the high E string on one of my guitters trying to do that.
>It's a good thing I'm not German or else I'd have bugged you about
>that for months.

Ja!

(I'd make some sort of witty reference to a bass that would tie into
this post, but I'm too lazy to think of a good one)

>>I forget which song it is that requires that tuning to go up
>>to C, perhaps "Cross the Breeze?"
>

>Several do, I think "Sister" requires going up to C.

Bzzt! F# d00d!

>Which is the one that almost writes itself in open G tuning, "Mote"?

Never tried playing that one, but a lot of the stuff on Goo sounds
ood when you play just the open strings of the tuning.

Phil Oliver

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

On 31 Jul 1997 00:13:05 GMT, bed...@SPAMBLOCK.geocities.com (Bobby
Tendinitis) wrote:

>Last I heard, Phil Oliver was saying:
>>
>>On 29 Jul 1997 22:16:56 GMT, bed...@SPAMBLOCK.geocities.com
>(Bobby
>>Tendinitis) wrote:
>>
>>>Last I heard, Phil Oliver was saying:

>>>I did it once, but since then I've never been able to get up that
>>>high.
>>
>>You snapped the high E string on one of my guitters trying to do that.
>>It's a good thing I'm not German or else I'd have bugged you about
>>that for months.
>
>Ja!
>
>(I'd make some sort of witty reference to a bass that would tie into
>this post, but I'm too lazy to think of a good one)

Hey, he was born in Germany, so maybe he's a bit more German than the
Dumkapf, at least in theory.

>>>I forget which song it is that requires that tuning to go up
>>>to C, perhaps "Cross the Breeze?"
>>
>>Several do, I think "Sister" requires going up to C.
>
>Bzzt! F# d00d!

It's too bad there's no L, T, or I string on a guitar or else you
could tune to "elite".

>>Which is the one that almost writes itself in open G tuning, "Mote"?
>
>Never tried playing that one, but a lot of the stuff on Goo sounds
>ood when you play just the open strings of the tuning.

I think I'm thinking of a Kim song on Daydream Nation. I dunno.

Gabe Carpenter

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

i dont know what the hardest nirvana song would be.. but those two are not
it.
curmudgeon is much harder.. and endless nameless is also.. but its all
opinion..
milk it has a hardedge to it.. it'd take alot of thought to figure out what
is *the* hardest nirvana song..
Gabe

Les Lomas wrote in article <01bc986e$43ea8a00$5e3c63c3@default>...

Phil Oliver

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:08:02 -0700, Chris Lawrence
<mus...@islandnet.com> wrote:

>Phil Oliver wrote:
>>
>> On 29 Jul 1997 22:16:56 GMT, bed...@SPAMBLOCK.geocities.com (Bobby
>> Tendinitis) wrote:
>>
>> >Last I heard, Phil Oliver was saying:

>Tuning the open Low E up to teh 3rd fret of the A string, yeah.

I'm upset no one got my joke. Low E to C is 5 steps in regular old
tonal (Dorian) mode.

>> Several do, I think "Sister" requires going up to C. Which is the one

>> that almost writes itself in open G tuning, "Mote"?
>

>Schizophrenia? T-man's in F#F#GGAA According to what I've heard.

That's right, so's "Starpower". I can never keep track of which use
which tunings.

>Mote is in GGDDGG or GGDDFF, depending on who you ask.

The one I'm thinking of is a Kim song on _Daydream Nation_, I think it
uses GGDDGG and really simple fingerings. I'm drawing a blank.

>Cool...Sonic Youth chat in the Nirvana newsgroup. While
>alt.music.sonic-youth just waists away (sorry, sy fans will get that
>one. so don't rack me on my spelling).

Geez, what kind of a bone-head are you?

Abort Me

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

>Tuning the open Low E up to teh 3rd fret of the A string, yeah.

That gives you a G, not a C man.
"All the thing I said I wanted turned out to be heaven haunted" -Dave Grohl

,tym
Visit My Poor Brain @ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/7276

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/7276">My Poor Brain</A>

Geraldo

Aug 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/1/97

Has anyone actually snapped a high E and had it do a kamakazi dive on
your fingernail? Shit that hurts. I at one point actually had a little
hole through mu forefingers nail coz a string pinged back and pierced
my nail. It was cool when it grew out, you could put a thread through
it with a needle!

Geraldo

Aug 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/1/97

wee...@networx.net.au (SandS) wrote:

It will warp the neck in time unless you regularly adjust the truss
rod because the neck wasn't designed to take the tension exerted by
the higher tuning of the strings. The load on the neck will cause a
banana effect on the guitar. I've seen it on countless cheap guitars
that havent been propperly maintained.

Geraldo

Aug 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/1/97

Actually you are right. That's what I meant (high E snapping).
Thinking about it an easier sollution is a capo! Love buzz is a piece
of piss to play ('easy' in american.) No Nirvana songs are all that
hard to play, although Mr Moustache is hard on your hands to start
with.. even though it's harder on Bass coz Kurt cheated and strummed
chords in part of the verse.

G.

>Geraldo wrote:
>>
>> och...@aol.com (OChakaO) wrote:
>>
>> >love buzz is pretty damn hard, the one on bleach
>>
>> Only coz it's tuned 1/2 step (or is it a full step) above E standard
>> tuning, and most guitar strings will snap if you try to tune that
>> high.. and also the Guitar neck may warp in time also.

>are you kidding??? tuning up a half-step does zilch to yoru neck or
>strings. if you can't tune your strings up a measly half-step then
>there's something wrong with your guitar. as long as you strings are
>appopriately stretched and there's plenty of leeway at the tuning peg,
>tuning up 2 steps shouldn't be a problem! the only string that is likely
>to break when tuned too high is the high E string. I use mainly

>alternate tunings on my guitar and I've tuned my low E UP to C (4 steps,
>people)

>with no trouble. The farthest I'll take the B up is to an Eb, or an E,
>depending on the gauge. However, most strings can be taken up quite a
>few steps at no risk to your guitar's neck.

>and p.s. love buzz ain't that hard to play.

>chris

>--
>Check out my infamous Kurt Cobain/Nirvana Equipment site:
>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/8712/kurtseq.html
>Check out my list of Nirvana bootlegs/concerts at:
>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/8712/bootleg4.htm
>Check out my Sonic Youth guitar tab archive:
>http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage/1993/tabs.html

Phil Oliver

Aug 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/1/97

On 2 Aug 1997 00:55:03 GMT, bed...@SPAMBLOCK.geocities.com (Bobby
Tendinitis) wrote:

>Last I heard, Phil Oliver was saying:
>>

>>I'm upset no one got my joke. Low E to C is 5 steps in regular old
>>tonal (Dorian) mode.
>

>Ah, who cares about your new-school *tonality*.

Hey, fuck you man. I just wrote a little ditty in Hirajoshi mode
yesterday, so you can put THAT in your tonal crack pipe!

I did consider that he was referring to Pentatonic mode, but then
concluded that he probably wasn't.

Bobby Tendinitis

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

Last I heard, Phil Oliver was saying:

>I'm upset no one got my joke. Low E to C is 5 steps in regular old
>tonal (Dorian) mode.

Ah, who cares about your new-school *tonality*.

SandS

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

>> Several do, I think "Sister" requires going up to C. Which is the one
>> that almost writes itself in open G tuning, "Mote"?
>
>Schizophrenia? T-man's in F#F#GGAA According to what I've heard.
>

>Mote is in GGDDGG or GGDDFF, depending on who you ask.
>

>Cool...Sonic Youth chat in the Nirvana newsgroup. While
>alt.music.sonic-youth just waists away (sorry, sy fans will get that
>one. so don't rack me on my spelling).
>

>chris
>

>> -Phil Oliver

so whats your favourite/worse sonic youth song ?

hheheh

Luke

Message has been deleted

Phil Oliver

Aug 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/5/97

On Tue, 05 Aug 1997 00:55:23 -0700, Chris Lawrence
<mus...@islandnet.com> wrote:

>Abort Me wrote:
>>

>> >Tuning the open Low E up to teh 3rd fret of the A string, yeah.
>> >

>> That gives you a G, not a C man.
>

>Don't know what kind of intonation your working with...but the 3rd fret
>of the A string IS a C...

Maybe he thought you meant "tuning the open low E to to the 3rd fret".
and forgot to read the last 5 words?

-Phil Oliver

-----
"Tee hee! How cuuuute! Now give Mommy the keyboard back...
good girl! How big is Sadie? SOOOO big!" - Bobby Tendinitis,
in <5s5i5u$k...@news.enter.net>

Aden Bedford

Jan 10, 2022, 10:29:50 AM1/10/22
1997???????