HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! KURT COBAIN IS DEAD!!!@@!

da JAM

Apr 14, 1994, 3:03:38 PM4/14/94

In article <2if6f2$i...@news.u.washingtin.edu>, jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:

> ALRIGHT ALL YOU FUCKIN GOOF-BALL LUSERS. TIME TO SNAP OUT OF
> YOUR FUNK A GET A GRIP. KURT WAS A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN
> BEING AND YOU DORKS NEED TO REALIZE THAT. HE WAS A NO GOOD
> LOW DOWN, POT SMOKIN, SMACK SHOOTIN, DIRTY NO HAIR WASHIN,
> SPINLESS SONOFABITCH WHO DESERVED TO DIE. HELL, THAT FUCKER
> WAS A WALKING ABORTION AND THE WORLD IS GONNA BE A BETTER PLACE
> WITHOUT HIM. I MEAN REALLY, HOW FUCKIN SPINLESS CAN YOU GET
> THEN TO KILL YOURSELF. WHAT A LITTLE FUCKIN CRY-BABY,
> "WAAAH WAAAH LIFE IS SO HARD, I THINK I"LL END IT" WHAT A
> RAT BASTARD LUSER. BUCK UP AND BE A MAN, SOMETIMES YOU
> GOTTA DO THINGS IN LIFE YOU DON"T WANT TO DO. AS FAR AS
> I AM CONCERNED, THE RAT BASTARD CAN ROT IN HELL. I KNOW
> I AIN'T GONNA LOSE ANY SLEEP OVER IT, NEITHER SHOULD YOU.
> THAT IS ONE TRIGGER I WOULD HOVE LOVED TO HAVE PULLED.
>

> YOURS IN CHRIST,
> JOE SIX-PACK

> "I *AM* THE NRA" "NOT ONLY IS RUSH RIGHT, HE"S CORRECT ALSO."
> "DON'T MESS WITH THE U.S."
> "DON'T BE A COMMUNIST, SUPPORT OUR BOYS OVER-SEAS,
> AND SUPPORT THE WAR ON DRUGS"

Why do ALL of the nutso peple cross-post HERE?

"If a man is considered guilty |
for what goes on in his mind | JJJJJ AA M M
Then give me the electric chair | J A A MM MM
for all my future crimes..." | J J AAAAAA M M M M
| JJJ A A M M M
-Prince |-------------------------
-"Electric Chair" |
-------------------------------------

Lewis McCarthy

Apr 14, 1994, 3:42:53 PM4/14/94
mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (da JAM) writes:
$In article <2if6f2$i...@news.u.washingtin.edu>, jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:
$ > YOURS IN CHRIST,
$ > JOE SIX-PACK
$ Why do ALL of the nutso peple cross-post HERE?

Why do *_all_* of the spelling- and reading- and humor-impaired people
cross-post to all of these serious groups like a.r.k., talk.bizarre,
alt.tasteless, and alt.suicide.holiday ???

You interrupted my reading of the Re: ALL FAGS MUST DIE!! thread in misc.test.

YDNCTFL. YWSRCFAOTW. HAND.

-Lewis McCarthy, Chair, Cmte. to Elect Deb West for Evil 1994
The Committee to Elect Deb West for Evil `94 needs *your* support !
Please send mail to Deb....@launchpad.unc.edu, administrator of the vote for
the 13 most evil net.people, indicating that you wish to cast 1 of your 13
votes for evil net.people for Deb West (Deb....@launchpad.unc.edu).

bubble sorter

Apr 14, 1994, 4:13:32 PM4/14/94
da JAM (mitc...@cs.tulane.edu) wrote:

: In article <2if6f2$i...@news.u.washingtin.edu>, jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:
: >
[...]

i have but one things to say: yours in christ? YOURS IN CHRIST???
that has to be a joke. it's not very funny, but..

: Why do ALL of the nutso peple cross-post HERE?

cripes. you got me.

erin

: -Prince |-------------------------
: -"Electric Chair" |
: -------------------------------------

scaldwell on BIX

Apr 14, 1994, 4:43:36 PM4/14/94
jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:

>ALRIGHT ALL YOU FUCKIN GOOF-BALL LUSERS. TIME TO SNAP OUT OF
>YOUR FUNK A GET A GRIP. KURT WAS A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN
>BEING AND YOU DORKS NEED TO REALIZE THAT. HE WAS A NO GOOD
>LOW DOWN, POT SMOKIN, SMACK SHOOTIN, DIRTY NO HAIR WASHIN,
>SPINLESS SONOFABITCH WHO DESERVED TO DIE. HELL, THAT FUCKER
>WAS A WALKING ABORTION AND THE WORLD IS GONNA BE A BETTER PLACE
>WITHOUT HIM. I MEAN REALLY, HOW FUCKIN SPINLESS CAN YOU GET
>THEN TO KILL YOURSELF. WHAT A LITTLE FUCKIN CRY-BABY,
>"WAAAH WAAAH LIFE IS SO HARD, I THINK I"LL END IT" WHAT A
>RAT BASTARD LUSER. BUCK UP AND BE A MAN, SOMETIMES YOU
>GOTTA DO THINGS IN LIFE YOU DON"T WANT TO DO. AS FAR AS
>I AM CONCERNED, THE RAT BASTARD CAN ROT IN HELL. I KNOW
>I AIN'T GONNA LOSE ANY SLEEP OVER IT, NEITHER SHOULD YOU.
>THAT IS ONE TRIGGER I WOULD HOVE LOVED TO HAVE PULLED.

> YOURS IN CHRIST,
> JOE SIX-PACK

>"I *AM* THE NRA" "NOT ONLY IS RUSH RIGHT, HE"S CORRECT ALSO."
> "DON'T MESS WITH THE U.S."
>"DON'T BE A COMMUNIST, SUPPORT OUR BOYS OVER-SEAS,
> AND SUPPORT THE WAR ON DRUGS"

I'm glad to see that you're full of "Christian charity"
for Cobain and your fellow man or woman. If you're going to
heaven, I don't want to go there.

Steve Caldwell-...@bix.com

Afrikka Bambaataa

Apr 14, 1994, 10:57:14 PM4/14/94
: jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:

[Inane ranting sliced for the benefit of the disinterested]

: > YOURS IN CHRIST,

: > JOE SIX-PACK
: >
: >------------------------------------------------------------------------
: >"I *AM* THE NRA" "NOT ONLY IS RUSH RIGHT, HE"S CORRECT ALSO."
: > "DON'T MESS WITH THE U.S."
: >"DON'T BE A COMMUNIST, SUPPORT OUR BOYS OVER-SEAS,
: > AND SUPPORT THE WAR ON DRUGS"
: >------------------------------------------------------------------------

Left the sig in because I found it particularly poignant.

Well, let's just skip the pretty wrapping, and get right to the meat
of this flame: You are a moron. Simple, straight to the point truthfulness,
that's what I say. Although I was not a huge fan of the now plural Kurt
Cobain, it doesn't take an all-caps writing, wanna-be pseudo-Christian to
tell me that the man's semen had within it more talent and potential than
your entire family line. It just seems like this is let another feeble
attempt to straddle the "Kurt Cobain is dead, let's take turns fondling his
dead corpse" bandwagon. (Which I don't mind, unless the poster appears to be
incapable of making me laugh, in which case I take offense.)

So, I'll tell you what. Why don't you, Jethro, and all your other
half-dozen inbred, no-tooth, banjo playing cousins get back on your Beverley
Hillbillies car, and cart yourself back to whatever testing lab you were
spawned from, ok? But first, can *you* play the guitar? Hell, can you even
spell it? I know it might be hard to play an instrument, what with only ever
having one hand free, but give it a try. You might be a bit hesitant to
proclaim others devoid of talent.

So do me, and anyone else who read your post a big favor. Get your
hands off the keyboard, slide them back up your ass where they've been all
along, and go join the other pod people, ok?

And Joe, if you perchance didn't write this, simply capture a copy,
and show it to whomever did. Let it serve as a reminder to *never leave your
keyboard*! Thank you.

--
______
/ / email: spe...@netcom.com

Strife

Apr 14, 1994, 11:16:51 PM4/14/94
mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (da JAM) writes:

>In article <2if6f2$i...@news.u.washingtin.edu>, jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:

[crap deleted for your benefit]

> Why do ALL of the nutso peple cross-post HERE?

>--

More to the point, why is this nutso posting from my school? It's a sad
day to see anyone use the tone he did. Sure, Kurt wasn't the best guy,
but even he deserves some emotion. It's just sad to see how he killed
himself, and even sadder to read this guys post.

I bet "joes" is one of those guys who lives in the basement of the HUB
and sleeps in the ACC, all while living off of Husky Den food. (anyone
from my school will understand that and laugh their ass off :)

Frank

Andrew L Jones

Apr 14, 1994, 11:36:12 PM4/14/94
Strife (str...@u.washington.edu) wrote:
: mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (da JAM) writes:

: >In article <2if6f2$i...@news.u.washingtin.edu>, jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:
: >>
: [crap deleted for your benefit}

YEA!! LONG LIVE JOE SIX-PACK!!!!!

--

_______________________________________ ________________
(_ _____ _____ ___ _ _ __ _) ( ____ ____
| everywhere." -Masta Ace
======================================

Mike Weber

Apr 14, 1994, 11:38:17 PM4/14/94

In a previous article, mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (da JAM) says:

> Why do ALL of the nutso peple cross-post HERE?

*shrug* Beats me!

Oh yeah, here's the draft of the Cannonical list of Kurt Cobaine jokes...

Article 50502 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Subject: NIRVANA JOKE
Date: 9 Apr 1994 06:03:09 GMT

What does Kurk Corbain and the group Nine Inch Nails have in common?
: Answer: A Head Like A Hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Article 50525 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Subject: Re: Kurt Cobain: The Next Tyson
Date: 9 Apr 94 14:59:27 EDT

Q: WHY COULDN'T KURT COBAIN BECOME A PROFESSIONAL BOXER?

A: BECAUSE HE CAN'T TAKE A BLOW TO THE HEAD!

Article 50562 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Subject: Re: Nirvana jokes
Date: 9 Apr 94 16:40:29 -0600

Kurt Cobain just reached nirvana

What does Kurt Cobain smell like now?
I don't know but its sure not Teen spirit

Article 50568 of alt.tasteless.jokes:

Have you seen the new MTV show? Kurt Cobaine: Plugged.

--Phineas Narco

Article 50591 of alt.tasteless.jokes:

Q) What do JFK, Curt Cobain, and Bill Clinton all have in common?
A) They each have (or have had - in JFK's case) half a brain, and Gore on
their backs.

And for all of you from Washington:

Q) What do Cobain and Wesley Alan Dodd have in common?
A) Hey man. Just shut up and be glad they're dead.

Article 50595 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Date: 10 Apr 1994 20:23:27 GMT

(Q) What do Kurt Cobain and Freddie Mercury have in common?
(A) They both sucked a tube and died.

--
Be sure to vote *YES* on rec.music.menudo!

Article 50580 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Subject: nirvana
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 1994 20:11:43 GMT

What was the last thing Kurt said before his face got blown away?

"Shit, I thought this was a microphone!"
OR
"Is this mike on?"

Article 97884 of alt.tasteless:
Subject: Re: Cobain Dead
Date: 9 Apr 1994 19:44:28 GMT

In article <2o4tef$t...@canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>,
Alexander William Gilchrist <umgi...@cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote:

>-maybe he was actually listening to one of his recordings and decided it was
>so bad that a .22 was the only cure??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

This doesn't fit with the net consensus so far that he was listening to
one of his recordings and decided that it was even worse---so bad in fact
that a SHOTGUN was the only cure... not a .22.

Article 97885 of alt.tasteless:
Subject: Re: Kurt Cobain, RIP
Date: 9 Apr 1994 19:47:05 GMT

In article <Cnz64...@ecf.toronto.edu>,Ecstasy Breath <glov...@ecf.toronto.edu> wrote:

>BTW, anybody have a spare copy of the suicide note, I wanna make it
>into a song.

Or you could follow what a Quebec public school teacher did with the
demented and apparently gramatically flawedd suicide note of Marc Lepine,
the famous Ecole Polytechnique gunman and make it a grammar exercise for
your students.

Article 97889 of alt.tasteless:
Subject: Re: Kurt Cobain
Date: 11 Apr 1994 01:27:47 -0400

Hey, man. Think about Dave Grohl! What's he gonna do? He ain't
got shit now! Think about it! He's a drummer, man. There's
nothing left for him, man! What about Krist? He's a bassist!
Who the fuck wants a bassist? Think about him, like applying to
be the bassist for the Flaming Lips or some bullshit. You think
they'll pay them what he got in Nirvana? I don't think so, man!

At least Krist can like write a book or something. But Dave,
man, he's fucked! He knew Kurt like 3 months or something. He's
ugly, he's untalented, he's stupid, he sucks! He dresses like
shit. What the fucks he gonna do? Three months from now, he'll
be lucky to be working Arby's, man!

Any suggestions for these pathetic pieces of shit?

Mr. Fungible

Article 50734 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Date: 11 Apr 1994 01:42:16 -0400

Who makes less money than Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic?

A. Kurt Cobain

Article 50772 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Subject: Re: Nirvana Joke

fung...@pipeline.com writes:
> Who makes less money than Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic?

you forgot their new guitarist, pat smear. (pat smear? who
the fuck would call himself pat smear?)

> A. Kurt Cobain

Article 50737 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
>Newsgroups: alt.tasteless.jokes
Subject: Kurt Cobain jokes...

it's about time we hear some...

Q) what's the first thing that went through his mind when he pulled the
trigger?

A) His nose!

what's the tribute album gonna have on it?
1) "Alive" by Pearl Jam
2) "Bullet in your head" by Rage Against the Machine
Any other good songs to put on it?

Article 50742 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Subject: Re: Kurt Cobain jokes...
Date: 11 Apr 1994 02:51:03 -0400

In article <Apr.11.00.15....@er6.rutgers.edu>,DeFalco <defa...@er6.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>what's the tribute album gonna have on it?
>1) "Alive" by Pearl Jam
>2) "Bullet in your head" by Rage Against the Machine
>Any other good songs to put on it?

"I hate myself and want to die" - who else, Nirvana

"Suicide Solution" <i forgot, Ozzy?>

"Kill yourself" -S.O.D.

"I shot the devil" Suicidal Tendencies
or "War inside my head" or "Suicidal failure" or "suicide's an
alternative" by the same.

"Another one bites the dust"-Queen
Hey Kurt say hi to Freddie for us.

"Head Like a Hole" by Nine Inch Nails

Article 50777 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 13:27:28

In article <8APR1994...@jane.uh.edu> st...@jane.uh.edu (Eshleman, Larry M.) writes:
>> Just heard Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana, blew his head off with
>> a shotgun. I wanna hear some truly tasteless jokes so please

>Q: What is Kurt Cobain's favorite album?

>A: nomoremind...

And don't forget the hit off the album, Smells Like Gunsmoke

Q) Whats the new singer of Nirvana called ?/

A) Kurt No-Brain

Q) What will Nirvana's next single be ?

A) Bullet in the head ( Rage against the Machine cover)

Q) Follow up sinlge to the above hit ??

A) Smells like Kurts dead .

NIRVANA's last album: IN UTERO
NIRVANA's next album: POST MORTEM

Heard on Howard Stern:

What color were Kurt Cobains'eyes?
Blue.One blew this way,one blew that way.

Article 50776 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Date: 11 Apr 1994 17:44:55 GMT

Kurt Cobain/Cocain/Cobain't/NoBrain Jokes

What's the newest Nirvana releases?

"Kurt Shaped Box"
"Smells like A Rotting Corpse"
"In Bloom: A tribute to Kurt's head"

The new album will be called "Splattermind"

"And I swear that I don't have a gun, no I don't have a gun."
--- Come As You Are

Guess he did.

Article 50917 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Subject: Yet another Kurt Cobain joke...
Date: 11 Apr 94 17:37:25 -0800

Q. Why doesn't Kurt Cobain drive a car?

A. He'd rather ride shotgun.

More songs for the Cobain tribute album...

G n' R's "Shotgun Blues"

Mudhoney's "Overblown"

The Beatles: "Happiness is a Warm Gun"

There once was a man named Cobain.
He liked heroin in his vein.
Even though he had a knockout wife,
Kurt didn't value his life,
And all that is left is a stain!

Article 50971 of alt.tasteless.jokes:
Subject: Kurt Cobain is STILL dead
Date: 12 Apr 1994 13:21:39 GMT

Q: What's worse than Kurt Cobain offing himself?

A: Having to hear about it for the next 12 months.
--
"This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. This is only a test.
Had this been an actual emergency, you'd be writhing on the ground in

Paul Callahan

Apr 15, 1994, 12:11:56 AM4/15/94
str...@u.washington.edu (Strife) writes:

>>In article <2if6f2$i...@news.u.washingtin.edu>, jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:

>More to the point, why is this nutso posting from my school?

He's not.

If you look carefully (well not so carefully, really) you see he is
posting from washingTIN. I.e.: WASHING something METAL, like a POT.
Also... we have the explicit mention of a CHEMICAL ELEMENT.

Hmm...
--
Paul Callahan
call...@biffvm.cs.jhu.edu

DJ Walker-Morgan

Apr 15, 1994, 5:53:45 AM4/15/94
Strife (str...@u.washington.edu) wrote:
: mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (da JAM) writes:

: More to the point, why is this nutso posting from my school? It's a sad

: day to see anyone use the tone he did. Sure, Kurt wasn't the best guy,
: but even he deserves some emotion. It's just sad to see how he killed
: himself, and even sadder to read this guys post.

Hey, woah there. Even Kurt's mother thinks he "joined the stupid club".

Marco Pederzoli

Apr 15, 1994, 7:29:46 AM4/15/94
jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) wrote a lot of
here deleted bullshit....

My dear:
has anyone asked your opinion on Kurt's suicide?
Does anyone need to read your ridicolous presumptuous words?
Shut up. (testadicazzo)
REI

Davin Swanson

Apr 15, 1994, 9:16:53 AM4/15/94
In article <2ok42a$o...@news.cs.tulane.edu> mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (da JAM) writes:
[ENTIRE well-written newbie bait article deleted]

> Why do ALL of the nutso peple cross-post HERE?

to get goofball newbies like you to reply without editing the test newsgroups
out of the header. hope your mail directory doesn't fill up too quick!!!

also, please learn how to use your editor to delete non-important parts
of the quotd article... it makes life easier for all of us!!!!

--
Davin Swanson | i don't know what to say
Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. |

HappyHappyJoyJoy

Apr 16, 1994, 3:19:09 AM4/16/94

> ALRIGHT ALL YOU FUCKIN GOOF-BALL LUSERS. TIME TO SNAP OUT OF
> YOUR FUNK A GET A GRIP. KURT WAS A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN
> BEING AND YOU DORKS NEED TO REALIZE THAT. HE WAS A NO GOOD
> LOW DOWN, POT SMOKIN, SMACK SHOOTIN, DIRTY NO HAIR WASHIN,
> SPINLESS SONOFABITCH WHO DESERVED TO DIE. HELL, THAT FUCKER
> WAS A WALKING ABORTION AND THE WORLD IS GONNA BE A BETTER PLACE
> WITHOUT HIM. I MEAN REALLY, HOW FUCKIN SPINLESS CAN YOU GET
> THEN TO KILL YOURSELF. WHAT A LITTLE FUCKIN CRY-BABY,
> "WAAAH WAAAH LIFE IS SO HARD, I THINK I"LL END IT" WHAT A
> RAT BASTARD LUSER. BUCK UP AND BE A MAN, SOMETIMES YOU
> GOTTA DO THINGS IN LIFE YOU DON"T WANT TO DO. AS FAR AS
> I AM CONCERNED, THE RAT BASTARD CAN ROT IN HELL. I KNOW
> I AIN'T GONNA LOSE ANY SLEEP OVER IT, NEITHER SHOULD YOU.
> THAT IS ONE TRIGGER I WOULD HOVE LOVED TO HAVE PULLED.
>

> YOURS IN CHRIST,
> JOE SIX-PACK

> "I *AM* THE NRA" "NOT ONLY IS RUSH RIGHT, HE"S CORRECT ALSO."
> "DON'T MESS WITH THE U.S."
> "DON'T BE A COMMUNIST, SUPPORT OUR BOYS OVER-SEAS,
> AND SUPPORT THE WAR ON DRUGS"

If you can't figure out this is a fake post, then go ahead and
flame and make a fool of yourself.

Decker.

.SIG's suck. I typed this by hand.

Theo Mora - MSI Visitor w/Prof. Sweedler

Apr 15, 1994, 10:40:24 AM4/15/94
scal...@BIX.com (scaldwell on BIX) wrote:

> I'm glad to see that you're full of "Christian charity"
> for Cobain and your fellow man or woman. If you're going to
> heaven, I don't want to go there.
>
> Steve Caldwell-...@bix.com

If YOU are going to heaven, I don't want to be there.

T(h)eo
Rose Marie Holt # 1 Kibo #2 Erdos #4
Never travel West in the evening, nor East in the morning

Strife

Apr 16, 1994, 12:44:29 PM4/16/94
dswa...@gulfaero.com (Davin Swanson) writes:

>In article <2ok42a$o...@news.cs.tulane.edu> mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (da JAM) writes:
>[ENTIRE well-written newbie bait article deleted]
>>
>> Why do ALL of the nutso peple cross-post HERE?

>to get goofball newbies like you to reply without editing the test newsgroups
>out of the header. hope your mail directory doesn't fill up too quick!!!

>also, please learn how to use your editor to delete non-important parts
>of the quotd article... it makes life easier for all of us!!!!

Unless of course you have a filter for anything with test in the header,
cuts it down immensely. Actually, I should change mine, since most
nowadays say Automated Reply :)

Lobo

Apr 15, 1994, 8:21:15 PM4/15/94
In article <spectreC...@netcom.com> spe...@netcom.com (Afrikka Bambaataa) writes:
>: jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:

[ *yawn* flame deleted ]

> Well, let's just skip the pretty wrapping, and get right to the meat
>of this flame: You are a moron. Simple, straight to the point truthfulness,
>that's what I say. Although I was not a huge fan of the now plural Kurt
>Cobain, it doesn't take an all-caps writing, wanna-be pseudo-Christian to
>tell me that the man's semen had within it more talent and potential than

Wait a minute...did someone use the word "talent" and the name
Kurt Cobain in the same sentence without the words "no" or "lack of"???

>your entire family line. It just seems like this is let another feeble
>attempt to straddle the "Kurt Cobain is dead, let's take turns fondling his
>dead corpse" bandwagon. (Which I don't mind, unless the poster appears to be
>incapable of making me laugh, in which case I take offense.)
>
> So, I'll tell you what. Why don't you, Jethro, and all your other
>half-dozen inbred, no-tooth, banjo playing cousins get back on your Beverley
>Hillbillies car, and cart yourself back to whatever testing lab you were
>spawned from, ok? But first, can *you* play the guitar? Hell, can you even

Nonononono....*first*, could Kurt Cobain play the guitar??? (Look, I
can even spell it too!!)

>spell it? I know it might be hard to play an instrument, what with only ever
>having one hand free, but give it a try. You might be a bit hesitant to
>proclaim others devoid of talent.

Don't even try to get me on this one...I have plenty of talents. However,
my 'talents' don't include not bathing for a few weeks and screaming
unintelligible lyrics into a microphone.

-John

|| John J. Wikman (Lobo) | I have come here to chew ||
|| | bubblegum and kick ass... ||
|| | and I'm all outa bubblegum. ||
|| | -Nada ||
|| wik...@sage.cc.purdue.edu | THEY LIVE ||

John J Cassidy

Apr 17, 1994, 11:41:33 PM4/17/94
bubble sorter (bubl...@max.tiac.net) wrote:
: da JAM (mitc...@cs.tulane.edu) wrote:

: : JOE SIX-PACK writes:
: : >
[...]

It is. A not funny one either. I think this guy is a straw
man invented by someone who wants to represent himself as a typical
conservative. I've seen a number of his posts. They are noisome
at best.

--
John J Cassidy _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _cas...@cps.msu.edu
[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_[_]_

William Brocklehurst

Apr 18, 1994, 4:53:17 AM4/18/94
Just wanted to let you all know that even the TV news is tasteless
in Cincinnati. The day after Cobain killed himself, the anchorwoman on
Channel 9 came on and said: "The lead singer of Nirvana was found dead
yesterday; Smells like suicide". Pretty cool huh? Just wondering: wouldn't
Cobain's head be perfect for a squicking?

bill, who's pissed Cobain killed himself before I could
people don't kill people .....I kill people.

WAR...@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu

Apr 19, 1994, 5:08:40 AM4/19/94
In article <2ol0v3$5...@news.u.washington.edu>
str...@u.washington.edu (Strife) writes:

>mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (da JAM) writes:
>

>>In article <2if6f2$i...@news.u.washingtin.edu>, jo...@u.washingtin.edu (JOE SIX-PACK) writes:
>>>
>[crap deleted for your benefit]
>
>> Why do ALL of the nutso peple cross-post HERE?
>
>>--
>
>More to the point, why is this nutso posting from my school?

Most of all to the point, why was every other followup quoting the
WHOLE original post? It breaks my heart to see a dawg delete crap
for our benefit. In return, I hereby take back _one_ bad thing I've said
about you west-siders.

You're welcome.

DEWME

Apr 20, 1994, 10:57:33 AM4/20/94
In article <2ol0v3$5...@news.u.washington.edu>, str...@u.washington.edu (Strife) writes:

>More to the point, why is this nutso posting from my school? It's a sad
>day to see anyone use the tone he did. Sure, Kurt wasn't the best guy,
>but even he deserves some emotion. It's just sad to see how he killed
>himself, and even sadder to read this guys post.
>
>I bet "joes" is one of those guys who lives in the basement of the HUB
>and sleeps in the ACC, all while living off of Husky Den food. (anyone
>from my school will understand that and laugh their ass off :)
>
>Frank

HEY, HEY! I BLEW MY SELF AWAY!!!

And Time, a maniac scattering dust,
And Life, a fury slinging FLAME.
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
1809-1892
dEwMe<------(((sd...@tulip.usd.edu #The University of South Dakota
or sd...@nyx.cs.du.edu #has no opinions I hold valid
Yet another RAVEing lunatic!!! #so why would I speak for them?

Marshall C. Yount

Apr 20, 1994, 3:22:05 PM4/20/94
> Wait a minute...did someone use the word "talent" and the name
> Kurt Cobain in the same sentence without the words "no" or "lack of"???
>
> Nonononono....*first*, could Kurt Cobain play the guitar??? (Look, I
> can even spell it too!!)
I'm not exactly sure what qualifies you to decide whether or not the
late Kurt Cobain had 'talent' or not. Actually I'm not sure what
qualifies *me* to decide whether or not (at least decided for everyone
else). When Nirvana first 'hit it big' I thought that they were a
bunch of over-hyped-no-talent-sell-outs, but then I took a closer look.
None of them are/were incredibly good *technical* musicians. I don't
think that there is a nirvana song that anyone with moderate ability
could play with a little bit of work. But just because the guy was
no Satriani or Eddie Van Halen doesn't mean that the man had no talent.

Kurt Cobain was a gifted poet and songwriter (not a gifted guitar
player). There are plenty of guys out there who can wail away on their
guitars and play faster than god. Whoopee (sarcastic jump for joy).
I think that it was Abe Lincoln said that it was harder to write a
five minute speech than a thirty minute speech. Its easy to make some
thing that is long, drawn out and complicated and sell it...there are
very few musicians in this world that can write something short and
simple and make us enjoy it.

Have you ever tried to write a song? Or maybe a little bit of peotry
to go a long with it? Nirvana didn't get big just because they were
lucky. Nirvana went to the top because they were good.
"Yep, that's an ear..." - Blue Velvet | yo...@seas.smu.edu
The Green One enO neerG ehT | Marshall Yount

unknown

Apr 20, 1994, 4:12:04 PM4/20/94
Do we need to listen to all of this garbage about Kurt Cobain killing
himself? I was tired enough of having to hear about it when River Phoenix
died last fall. If you want to discuss these people's deaths and be assholes
(I don't even like Kurt Cobain), then get your own newsgroups and do it there
so we don't have to see all of these on ours.

Jeff Spirer

Apr 20, 1994, 7:47:05 PM4/20/94
In article <1994Apr20.1...@seas.smu.edu>, yo...@seas.smu.edu (Marshall C. Yount) writes:

|> Have you ever tried to write a song? Or maybe a little bit of peotry

Kurt was one of my favorite peots ...

Joseph Betz

Apr 21, 1994, 1:59:27 AM4/21/94
In <1994Apr20.1...@seas.smu.edu> yo...@seas.smu.edu (Marshall C. Yount) writes:

[blah, blah]

>Kurt Cobain was a gifted poet and songwriter

Yeah....he sure was.

I especially liked the one that was MTV _every_single_fucking_time_ I
channel surfed past it last week.

Who could argue against Kurt's talent after hearing the depth of thought and
emotion that went into the following:

HAAAAY! WAAAIT! I godda REAL complaaaint.
[mumble unintelligible sluurrrring]

Repeat 80 times.

Yeah, they don't write 'em like _that_ anymore.
* Josep...@mixcom.com | Wisconsin - Behind the Cheese Curtain *

George Greene

Apr 21, 1994, 4:03:47 PM4/21/94

:
: HAAAAY! WAAAIT! I godda REAL complaaaint.
: [mumble unintelligible sluurrrring]
:
: Repeat 80 times.
:
: Yeah, they don't write 'em like _that_ anymore.

Oh, sure they do.
And they alawys DID, too: compare with, e.g., the
number-1-selling record of 1968:

Naa, Na, Na, NA-NA-NA-Naaa... NA-NA-NA-Naaa... He-ey Jude..
Repeat 40 times.

The point in all these is that it isn't the content
of the words per se. It's like swimming in the ocean.
Just because every drop of water feels and tastes the same
doesn't automatically mean it's monotonous and therefore boring.
It creates a mood; it's a background.

Bob Another beer, please Christ

Apr 21, 1994, 4:38:55 PM4/21/94
Joseph Betz <Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> writes:
>yo...@seas.smu.edu (Marshall C. Yount) writes:

>>Kurt Cobain was a gifted poet and songwriter
>
>Yeah....he sure was.

Yes, he was, Betz. He is considered a *legend* in the homsexual
comunity.

Bob

---
This person is currently under going electric shock therapy at Agnews
Developmental Center in San Jose, California. All his opinions are
static, please ignore him.
Thank you, Nurse Ratched

vfi...@vax.clarku.edu

Apr 21, 1994, 5:17:55 PM4/21/94

YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THE RIGHT WORDS YOU STUPID FUCK!

IF IT WAS SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY OR A STRANGER WHO BLEW THIER
BRAINS OUT I DOUBT YOU WOULD LAUGH...
SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

ANY HUMAN BEING THAT KILLS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT BE LAUGHED AT

DO YOU NORMALLY GO UP TO PEOPLE WHO ARE SAD OVER A DEATH AND
SAY "HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH"

I DOUBT IT...UNLESS YOU ARE A REAL FUCKING SHIT-FOR-BRAINS

SO STOP TRYING TO BE COOL...YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE

Lawrence Allen

Apr 21, 1994, 6:28:42 PM4/21/94
vfi...@vax.clarku.edu wrote:

: ANY HUMAN BEING THAT KILLS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT BE LAUGHED AT
That is the perfect response for when some self-indulgent weenie
commits the ultimate temper tantrum.
I don't like myself, and I wanna die. Wah! Jeez. Grow up. life is
tuff, but it ain't that tuff. There have been a lot of talented
little zip-brained weenies who offed themselves. This guy was nothing
special. If ya want to lose sleep over somebody that is dead, think about
the kids getting offed in Bosnia, and South Africa, etc.
Cry for them, not this dip.

: SO STOP TRYING TO BE COOL...YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE
Follow your own advice.

Adam Justin Thornton

Apr 21, 1994, 7:45:24 PM4/21/94
In article <21APR94....@vax.clarku.edu>, <vfi...@vax.clarku.edu> wrote:
> YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THE RIGHT WORDS YOU STUPID FUCK!

Mosquito. Libido. Fuck off.

> ANY HUMAN BEING THAT KILLS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT BE LAUGHED AT

Well, they can't very well laugh at themselves, and *somebody's* gotta do
it, right?

> DO YOU NORMALLY GO UP TO PEOPLE WHO ARE SAD OVER A DEATH AND
> SAY "HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH"

No, usually I laugh, rather than saying "HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH".

> I DOUBT IT...UNLESS YOU ARE A REAL FUCKING SHIT-FOR-BRAINS

I'm not the one who posting in all caps, y'know.

I wish I knew _who_ he was flaming. After all, I might be defending
someone like Blabbernasty.

Adam
--
ad...@io.com | ad...@rice.edu | ad...@phoenix.princeton.edu | Viva HEGGA!
"Double integral is also the shape of lovers curled asleep" : Pynchon

David O'Hearn

Apr 21, 1994, 11:53:35 PM4/21/94
unknown (a...@expert.cc.purdue.edu) wrote:
: Do we need to listen to all of this garbage about Kurt Cobain killing

Um...was it REALLY neccessary to cross-post this to 17 SITES!? What a
waste! (And so is my response)...

--
_________________ "skin the sun | lesson learned
| Dave O'Hearn | fall asleep | wish me luck
| ohe...@tiac.net | wish away | soothe the burn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ the soul is cheap | wake me up" - Nirvana, "Dumb"

Marc R Harris

Apr 22, 1994, 12:26:12 AM4/22/94

(Marshall C. Yount) writes:

|> [blah, blah]
|>
|> >Kurt Cobain was a gifted poet and songwriter
|>
|> Yeah....he sure was.
|>
|> I especially liked the one that was MTV _every_single_fucking_time_ I
|> channel surfed past it last week.
|>
|> Who could argue against Kurt's talent after hearing the depth of thought and
|> emotion that went into the following:
|>
|> HAAAAY! WAAAIT! I godda REAL complaaaint.
|> [mumble unintelligible sluurrrring]
|>
|> Repeat 80 times.
|>
|> Yeah, they don't write 'em like _that_ anymore.

So let me get this straight.

(1) You don't think he was a good at writing lyrics
(2) To prove you don't think he was good at writing lyrics, you proceed to quote
some of his lyrics at us.
(3) You reveal that you don't actually understand any of his lyrics.
(4) This proves that Cobain was no good at writing lyrics.

And for my next trick I will go on to prove how nice it was in the good old days
when everybody listened to songs to which they could understand and opera. (sic)

Now I'm not a great fan of poetry. The only poets I ever understood were the
first world war ones, so I'm not going to go on about how good a poet anybody is
or isn't.

Since you asked;

Hey! Wait! I've got a real complaint.
For ever in debt to your priceless advice.
Hate! Wait! I've got a real copmlaint.
For ever in dept to your priceless advice.

Meat eating orchids forgive no-one just yet.
Cut myself on angels hair and babies breath.
Broken hymen of your highness. I'm left back.
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can
Climb right back.

(That was from memory, so sorry about the mistakes)

But don't read it on the page like like. Listen to the music, with the words in
front of you if you can. If you like it you like it. Join the newsgroup. If
not, don't.

Google-Bozo

Apr 22, 1994, 12:33:19 AM4/22/94
Marc R Harris (mr...@cus.cam.ac.uk) wrote:

: Hey! Wait! I've got a real complaint.

: For ever in debt to your priceless advice.
: Hate! Wait! I've got a real copmlaint.
: For ever in dept to your priceless advice.

^^^^

Sounds awful. I would probably commit suicide myself if I was in dept to
someone.

Roman

" I want to be a non-conformist, just like everybody else!"

Sean A. Collins

Apr 22, 1994, 1:06:30 AM4/22/94
Somebody called for sympathy? O.K. Here goes:

Poor junkie pop star, husband and father...poor Kurt. Aw, it just got
too shitty for him.
Poor junkie pop star, wife and mother...poor Courtney. Aw, such a loss.
Poor two year old daughter...dead father, junkie mother.
What kind of a childhood is this goona be?
Poor talentless remaining members of pseudo-alternative "grunge band".
Whatever will they do?
Solo careers?
Not bloody likely.

Rest in peices Kurt.
You denied your own life with heroin, fathered a daughter and then left
her to be brought
up by her junkie mother.

You're a real fucking hero.

Craig Dickson

Apr 22, 1994, 2:33:44 AM4/22/94

A few questions:

Why are you SHOUTING EVERYTHING?
Who are you responding to?
What program do you use to do your spiffy layout?
Is there some significance to putting two spaces between words?
Are you still in high school?
Did you forget to refill your Thorazine prescription?
--
Craig Dickson (c...@netcom.com) Disinformation as an art form. If our postings
were cells in the game of Life, what patterns would they breed? Is Kibo God?

Marc R Harris

Apr 22, 1994, 2:47:45 AM4/22/94
In article <2p7k2f$p...@netnews.upenn.edu>, ro...@portal.resnet.upenn.edu

(Google-Bozo) writes:
|> Marc R Harris (mr...@cus.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
|>
|> : Hey! Wait! I've got a real complaint.
|> : For ever in debt to your priceless advice.
|> : Hate! Wait! I've got a real copmlaint.
|> : For ever in dept to your priceless advice.
|> ^^^^
|>
|> Sounds awful. I would probably commit suicide myself if I was in dept to
|> someone.
^^^
Do you usually post correcting people's typos? [That's "If I were ..." , FYI]

Google-Bozo

Apr 22, 1994, 3:02:58 AM4/22/94
Marc R Harris (mr...@cus.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
: In article <2p7k2f$p...@netnews.upenn.edu>, ro...@portal.resnet.upenn.edu
Are you sure there is not supposed to be a comma in that sentence. How many
languages can you speak and write fluently? By the way, Language A-Levels
hardly count as a measure of proficiency.

Roman

Marc R Harris

Apr 22, 1994, 3:27:16 AM4/22/94
In article <2p7sr2$2...@netnews.upenn.edu>, ro...@portal.resnet.upenn.edu

i dont think ive ever seen a usenet article without punctuaution grammer and
spelling mistakes in it have you youre not _meant_ to run these things through
spellingcheckers you know and no i dont think there was meant to be a comma in my
sentence certanly the sentence was not meant to be read with a pause in it which
is one of the uses of commas can we please get back to nirvana now please would
you like to continue this be email rather than wasting hundreds if not thousands
of dallars (sic)
(Stupid little runt) :-)

Google-Bozo

Apr 22, 1994, 3:38:02 AM4/22/94
Marc R Harris (mr...@cus.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
: In article <2p7sr2$2...@netnews.upenn.edu>, ro...@portal.resnet.upenn.edu

I've been trolled!

To repent I shall recite 100 beables.

beable,beable,beable,beable,beable,beable,beable,beable,beable,beable
[...]

So I lied and recited 300 beables. Forgive me oh great one, for I have been
trolled.

Roman

George Greene

Apr 22, 1994, 11:23:11 AM4/22/94
Joseph Betz <Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> writes:
>yo...@seas.smu.edu (Marshall C. Yount) writes:

>>Kurt Cobain was a gifted poet and songwriter
>
>Yeah....he sure was.

In article <bhatchCo...@netcom.com> bha...@netcom.com
(Bob "Another beer, please" Christ) responds:
: Yes, he was, Betz. He is considered a *legend* in the
: homsexual comunity.

Bob

It's a shame Bob can't spell, but at least he is
telling the truth. Alt.music.nirvana is down to
about 100 msgs/day here now, but soc.motss is still
over 200, and a lot of them are still about Kurt Cobain.
Discussion over there has been much more sympathetic
than over here.

Weasel Boy

Apr 22, 1994, 11:31:20 AM4/22/94
vfi...@vax.clarku.edu wrote:

: YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THE RIGHT WORDS YOU STUPID FUCK!

B1FF? You're right B1FF. I am a real fucking shit for brains. I'm sorry I
laughed when Granny shoved her head down the garbage disposal and turned
it on. I'm sorry I laughed when Aunt Tootie rammed that .357 up her hole
and pulled the trigger. I'm sorry I laughed when ...

Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you were B1FF. You're obviously a lower life form.

D.

Steve Miller

Apr 22, 1994, 2:15:58 PM4/22/94
In article <2p4etp$m...@hybrid.com> je...@hybrid.com (Jeff Spirer) writes:
>From: je...@hybrid.com (Jeff Spirer)
>Subject: Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! KURT COBAIN IS DEAD!!!@@!
>Date: 20 Apr 1994 23:47:05 GMT

>In article <1994Apr20.1...@seas.smu.edu>, yo...@seas.smu.edu (Marshall C. Yount) writes:
>

>|> Have you ever tried to write a song? Or maybe a little bit of peotry
>|

>Kurt was one of my favorite peots ...

Kurt Cobain stands with Martha Graham, Pablo Picasso, and James Joyce as an
artistic genius who has molded 20th century society and the way we view art
and the world around us. His peotry stands unmatched. Here is an excerpt
from his last, unfinished work... a peom about the mysterious landscape of
the human soul:

Apuire ljknwo nmkvapuo poeq jpv my brain iojktroq jlkp.
Vqwmlk, nfeq'qa oiw potatoes jqioj na ijqo
njkl;vq klwpi knvq smell like iopjwow.

A master, a giant, a man whose eloqutions will be missed around the world.

God

Apr 22, 1994, 8:04:32 PM4/22/94
[...]

Could someone plaese explain to me what just happened and what a beable is?
Also, what is wrong with the screen?

--
*****God is entombed at Amherst College*Kill a man and you are a murderer******
******raw...@amherst.edu Bob Watts*Kill a million and you are a conquerer*****

Joseph Betz

Apr 23, 1994, 1:19:43 AM4/23/94
In <2p7k2f$p...@netnews.upenn.edu> ro...@portal.resnet.upenn.edu (Google-Bozo) writes:

>Marc R Harris (mr...@cus.cam.ac.uk) wrote:

>: Hey! Wait! I've got a real complaint.
>: For ever in debt to your priceless advice.
>: Hate! Wait! I've got a real copmlaint.
>: For ever in dept to your priceless advice.
> ^^^^

>Sounds awful. I would probably commit suicide myself if I was in dept to
>someone.

Bwahahaa.

I'd probably commit suicide if I woke up one morning and realized that my
favorite musician/"poet"/hero was a pinhead from Seattle whose main claim to
fame was inspiring a multitude of garage bands to forgo showering, buy
$85.00 pretorn flannel shirts, wear winter headgear all summer long, and
squeel into the microphone in a patented whine.

>" I want to be a non-conformist, just like everybody else!"

Nice one!

Marc R Harris

Apr 23, 1994, 5:21:41 AM4/23/94
In article <who cares> Someone wrote

|> Sounds awful. I would probably commit suicide myself if
|> I was in dept to someone.
|>
|> Bwahahaa.

Someone else wrote

|> I'd probably commit suicide if I woke up one morning and realized that

|> my ...

Yawn yawn. That's quite enough of that, thank you.

I'm new to this newsgroup, and pretty new to Nirvana. I have had "Nevermind"
and "In Utero" for quite a while, and only recently I bought myself
"Incesticide". To me, "Incesticide" sounds very different from the other two,
with a lot more bass guitar in it.

Have there always been the same three ("Our little group has always
bin (sic)") ?

Can we have some more people posting about Nirvana, please? [Note lack of
cross posting].

Cheers,
Marc

--
Must get a signature thinggy some time. I'm off to get some batteries.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Gary Benson

Apr 24, 1994, 7:40:27 AM4/24/94
In article <CoMrr...@mcdata.com> lra...@mcdata.com (Lawrence Allen) writes:
>vfi...@vax.clarku.edu wrote:
>

>: ANY HUMAN BEING THAT KILLS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT BE LAUGHED AT
>That is the perfect response for when some self-indulgent weenie
>commits the ultimate temper tantrum.

I won't argue against laughter being an appropriate response to another's
suicide (in this case you may be right for example), but not the ONLY
appropriate response. I feel that my own response to this Cobain's suicide
was perfectly appropriate for ME:

Suicide is self-exclusion. By this act you make one final statement to
me: "I have nothing further to say". So I go, "Fine. See ya." People who
choose to exclude themselves are no longer a part of the conversation.
So, what should I ask Mr. Cobain to teach me now? I think that his
action of self-destuction is proof of his desire to be DIS-included from
my thoughts and regard. Therefore, I comply with his last wishes and,
well, basically, just ignore the stupid dip.

I liked Hemingway, too. But then he delivered the same final message
that Cobain did, and I discovered he had, nothing, further, to, say.

--
Gary Benson-_-_-_-_...@tc.fluke.com_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Inventions reached their limit long ago, and I see no hope for further
development. -Julius Frontinus, 1st century AD

Lewis McCarthy

Apr 24, 1994, 5:23:58 PM4/24/94
In article <CooLy...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> ak...@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU (Amanda Kathryn Morgan) writes:
$ can't you people just stop rejoicing over Kurt Cobain's death?
[...]
$ Please, just give it a rest.

Unfortunately, you're simply inviting a new round of wrangling about Cobain.

-Lewis

=======================================
"Hey you stupid cunt, what makes you think that people in a dozen groups want
to read idiotic posts like this?" -Martin Hutchison mhutc...@vx9000.weber.edu

Brian Saunders

Apr 24, 1994, 7:07:50 PM4/24/94
In article <CooLy...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> ak...@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU (Amanda Kathryn Morgan) writes:

>If you feel like being mean, why don't you post on all the "I hate
>Tori Amos" threads.

Oh, I see. Pick on an artist that Amanda doesn't like. I guess that
makes sense. But I don't understand why people hate Tori Amos - her
version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was so moving (OK, so it was my bowels
that were moving). And redheads are so much fun.
--

Brian Saunders saun...@castor.che.wisc.edu

Jen S.

Apr 24, 1994, 7:52:36 PM4/24/94

GOOD!
KIRT GO-BANG! KIRT COMA!
HE'S DEAD CHILDREN!
LET IT REST!

M. Legare, etc.

Apr 24, 1994, 9:50:06 PM4/24/94
So then ak...@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU (Amanda Kathryn Morgan) said:

] I fully expect to be flamed for this, but can't you people
] just stop rejoicing over Kurt Cobain's death? I mean, I
] thought I was pathetic for spending so much time defending him.
] But look at you! Don't you have anything better to do than to
] sit around and talk incessantly about someone for whom you
] profess nothing but utter hatred? This is not about his talent
] or lack thereof, this is not about his clinical depression or
] lack thereof; it is about people who, for whatever reasons,
] felt some affinity for the man and/or his music and are now
] grieving over his death. Please, just give it a rest. If you

] feel like being mean, why don't you post on all the "I hate
] Tori Amos" threads.

welcome to the intetrnet.

just like highschool, but with more expensive toys.

BoB
teCh
or was it "just like a highscool reunion"?

--
if one falls on you,
we just carve your name on it

Amanda Kathryn Morgan

Apr 22, 1994, 6:18:09 PM4/22/94

Tobias de Zooevo Mexico

Apr 23, 1994, 6:24:48 PM4/23/94
To repent he shall recite 100 "I am not a crook"s:

"I am not a crook." "I am not a crook." "I am not a crook."
[...]

So he lied and recited 99 "I am not a crook"s. Forgive him, for he has been
a troll.
--
tob...@nmt.edu | Now that I know what is right... I'll kill them all if
| I like! Only time will decide; no one listens to reason,
Tobias de | it's too late... AND I'M READY TO FIGHT!!!!!!
Zooevo Mexico | -Ministry

Jonas Ahrentorp (re:uniter)

Apr 25, 1994, 4:32:46 AM4/25/94
/> "Morgan" == Amanda Kathryn Morgan <ak...@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU> writes:

<snip>
|>Morgan<| grieving over his death. Please, just give it a rest. If you
|>Morgan<| feel like being mean, why don't you post on all the "I hate
|>Morgan<| Tori Amos" threads.

Uhm... Because she isn't dead yet?
Maybe it will start if she jumps from a bridge (right down under a train) or
anything similar...

Remember that this crowd sometimes must see some blood and gore and brains
splattered over the surroundings to get started.

--
| jonTe/sir_QL8 | pt9...@pt.hk-r.se |> Eat morE TV! <| NEWSIRCKOMaddict |
|MyPrettyHateMachineIsBrokenAndNeedsToBeFixed|TimeToWakeUpAndKnowYourEnemy|

Mike McNally

Apr 25, 1994, 8:45:36 AM4/25/94
ak...@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU (Amanda Kathryn Morgan) writes:
>But look at you! Don't you have anything better to do than to
>sit around and talk incessantly about someone for whom you
>profess nothing but utter hatred?

Hmm... Since you put it *that* way, I guess I really *don't* have anything
better to do. Thus, "HA HA HA" and all that.

--
| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <m...@tivoli.com> |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO. ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX: |

Jesse Galea

Apr 25, 1994, 9:32:43 AM4/25/94

Bradamante

Apr 25, 1994, 10:23:24 AM4/25/94
Ok, He's dead, thats not tasteless,
Harping on about it is.....
So, carry on the good work....

(Anyone seen the remains of the skull?)

Jesus, I cannot believe I'm writing to this piece of shit news group..
You guys totally piss me off, but, I guess I enjoy it...
Does this qualify as tateless,
or just a total fuck-up?

Ted:->

Christopher Albanese

Apr 25, 1994, 11:40:51 AM4/25/94

Get a life

|.............................................................................|
| |
| "If Consequences Dictate a /|_|\ "Choices Always |
| Course of Action, and it | | Were a Problem |
| Doesn't Matter What's Right. \ / For You. What |
| It's Only Wrong if You Get |T| You Need is Some |
| Caught. If Consequences Dictate | | One Strong To |
| My Course of Action, I Should |O| Guide You, Like |
| Play God and Just Shoot You | | Me" |
| Myself..." Tool |O| |
| | | |
| /--\|L|/--\ |
| sms1...@acs.bu.edu | () |_| () | |
| Chris Albanese \__/ \__/ |
|_____________________________________________________________________________|

Steve Miller

Apr 25, 1994, 12:34:20 PM4/25/94
In article <21APR94....@vax.clarku.edu> vfi...@vax.clarku.edu writes:
>From: vfi...@vax.clarku.edu
>Subject: RE: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! KURT COBAIN IS DEAD!!!@@!
>Date: 21 APR 94 21:17:55 GMT

Stop shouting.

> YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THE RIGHT WORDS YOU STUPID FUCK!

Well, I do: "Foutqwertlnk nklvqpo knfe nkwi kosher dill pickles, pqwe."

> IF IT WAS SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY OR A STRANGER WHO BLEW THIER
>BRAINS OUT I DOUBT YOU WOULD LAUGH...

Actually, if they left a suicide note like Cobain's, they'd deserve to be
laughed at.

>SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

I said, STOP SHOUTING!

> ANY HUMAN BEING THAT KILLS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT BE LAUGHED AT

If they leave a note like Cobain's, they should.

> DO YOU NORMALLY GO UP TO PEOPLE WHO ARE SAD OVER A DEATH AND
> SAY "HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH"

Not normally. But Cobain himself made a mockery out of his death. Why
shouldn't we continue in his honor?>

> I DOUBT IT...UNLESS YOU ARE A REAL FUCKING SHIT-FOR-BRAINS

That's probably an accurate assessment of you, me, and most of the world.

> SO STOP TRYING TO BE COOL...YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE

Well, we're cooler than you (at least I am), 'cause I know how to use the
CAP LOCK key (see?). No, one last time: STOP SHOUTING!

--Steve "The One To Blame" Miller

Ebzna Zrafn Tbyyrag

Apr 25, 1994, 4:53:51 PM4/25/94
Christopher Albanese (sms1...@bu.edu) wrote:

: Get a life

Tab-Damage, double spacing, proclaims the fact the he is a tool. I think we can
solve his problems by putting his .sig in my handy dandy trash compactor:

: -

If we could only do the same for non-ascii pollution, this planet would be a
better place.

Roman

dana galatea copper

Apr 25, 1994, 8:42:52 PM4/25/94
[alt.religion.kibology: <2pgoa3$9...@news.bu.edu>]
sms1...@bu.edu (Christopher Albanese) emits:

Cool! I didn't know anyone else had one of those monkywrenches with
the dual flip-out hexes! Did you get it from QVC like I did?

Also, you mispelled "its".

David Kralic

Apr 25, 1994, 9:53:52 PM4/25/94
What I really like about this thread is the fine discussion of
musical theory...Hello, McFly....McFly....

| Dave Kralic | They say the lights are always bright on Broadway. |
| kra...@delphi.com| They say there's always magic in the air. |

St. Et Cetera

Apr 25, 1994, 10:45:00 PM4/25/94
In article <1994Apr26....@midway.uchicago.edu>, dg...@midway.uchicago.edu writes...

And the Capitalization is a bit Sporadic...and the first sentance of the Tool
quote is a sentence fragment...

---
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
St. Et Cetera - a/k/a Jeremy Tenenbaum of the First Gamma Divine Heretical
Ministry of Impending Armageddon ("Here It Comes, Folks!") - "Love peace and
harmony / very nice very nice very nice / but maybe in the next world"-Morrissey
1467...@ucis.vill.edu - I.T.E.O.T.W.A.W.K.I.(A.I.F.F.) - Praise "Bob"!
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

..and English Major to the stars...

Lost Boy

Apr 26, 1994, 11:43:26 AM4/26/94
In article <2pgoa3$9...@news.bu.edu> sms1...@bu.edu (Christopher Albanese) writes:

>Get a life

He then wastes our time with:

This guy is telling all the cool people who are partying at the death
of Tricky Dicky Nixon to get a life...when he has a 17-line signature?

ObNixon: We're gonna CELEBRATE at the WATERGATE HOTEL!!!

ObNixon2: Has anyone noticed that Clinton is almost exactly like Nixon,
just not as smart? Doesn't this scare anyone other than me?

ObNixon3: I think he's spending the afterlife organizing slanderous
campaigns, with all the imps constantly whispering into his ear about
how John F Kennedy whipped his ass in a debate and is now more reveared
a President than he is, while Satanic cops beat him for being a radical.
And, of course, all of this is on tape...the wonders of electronic
survelance!

Is this a great country or what?

LB

Just call me LOST BOY
Homomorphisms Not Homophobia:Refuse And Resist:Say No To Clipper
"The term 'institutional security' is so far-reaching that whenever there
is nothing to lock a prisoner down or harass him for, staff, correction
officers and most any figure of authority in any institution will pull out
this ambiguous term." -"Monster" Kody Scott, from _Monster: The
Autobiography of an LA gang member_.

Christopher Albanese

Apr 26, 1994, 1:31:13 PM4/26/94

Still, my .sig does not take up as much as this moronic babbling about
spelling. (It's is short for It is, it is not spelled incorrectly) Is it that
difficult to press a spacebar? I also didn't write the sentence fragment.
I have better things to do than correct someone's english mistakes.

|.............................................................................|
| |
| "If Consequences Dictate a /|_|\ "Choices Always |
| Course of Action, and it | | Were a Problem |
| Doesn't Matter What's Right. \ / For You. What |
| It's Only Wrong if You Get |T| You Need is Some |
| Caught. If Consequences Dictate | | One Strong To |
| My Course of Action, I Should |O| Guide You, Like |

| Play God and Just... | | Me" |
| SHOOT YOU MYSELF." |O| |
| | | "I Have Found A |
| /--\|L|/--\ Kind of Temporary |
| sms1...@acs.bu.edu | () |_| () | Sanity" |

Leigh Orf

Apr 26, 1994, 1:48:29 PM4/26/94
dana galatea copper (dg...@kimbark.uchicago.edu) wrote:

[deletia]

| Cool! I didn't know anyone else had one of those monkywrenches with
| the dual flip-out hexes! Did you get it from QVC like I did?

| Also, you mispelled "its".

Also, you misspelled "mispelled".

--
Leigh Orf <o...@ssec.wisc.edu> irc: Orp "Begin, my friend, for you cannot,
Meteorology graduate student you may be sure, take your song,

Ken Hovanes

Apr 26, 1994, 3:47:27 PM4/26/94

Oh sure. Like Curt Kobain and the other guys in his group weren't
extremely homosexual. I mean if you read between the lyrics, you can
see the Homo_Text[tm].

Smells Like Teen Spirit. Sure it sounds like a normal song, but if you
take the words apart you get...

"Smells", Sure smell. Only homosexuals smell. This is the first clue.
Homosexuals smell strange.

"Like", right. This obviously means what they like. You take this with
the first word, smell, is means they like the smell of homosexuals.

"Teen", wrong. The original word was, "Ten". Meaning they like to have
10 large homosexual men around them at all times. But due to a printing
mistake at the record company, it came down to "Teen."

"Spirit", just guess. I don't even need to talk about this one. Just step
back and see the obvious. Spirit? Spirit gum? Acting? Wearing makeup?
Only homosexuals wear makeup.

Soooo, what you get when you read the real meaning of the song title,
"Smells like Teen Spirit"?

You get...

"We like the smell of 10 large homosexual men wearing a lot of makeup."

I think we all know why he killed himself. Geez, after getting the ole'
anus treated like that, I can't believe he didn't do it earlier.

Ken "Truth Seeker" Hovanes

Mike Weber

Apr 26, 1994, 7:25:21 PM4/26/94

In a previous article, vfi...@vax.clarku.edu () says:
> I DOUBT IT...UNLESS YOU ARE A REAL FUCKING SHIT-FOR-BRAINS

Yeah, right. This from a shithead who doesnt know how to use the "CapsLock"
key. (Hint: It's on the left side of your keyboard)

> SO STOP TRYING TO BE COOL...YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE

Neither are you, nimrod.

--
"This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. This is only a test.
Had this been an actual emergency, you'd be writhing on the ground in
unspeakable agony, bleeding from every orifice, with your blackened skin
falling away in ragged strips."

midnight rain

Apr 26, 1994, 8:51:12 AM4/26/94
In article <mckeemanC...@netcom.com>,
Weasel Boy <mcke...@netcom.com> wrote:
>vfi...@vax.clarku.edu wrote:
>
>: YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THE RIGHT WORDS YOU STUPID FUCK!
>: IF IT WAS SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY OR A STRANGER WHO BLEW THIER

>: BRAINS OUT I DOUBT YOU WOULD LAUGH...
>: SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
>: ANY HUMAN BEING THAT KILLS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT BE LAUGHED AT
>: DO YOU NORMALLY GO UP TO PEOPLE WHO ARE SAD OVER A DEATH AND
>: SAY "HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH"
>: I DOUBT IT...UNLESS YOU ARE A REAL FUCKING SHIT-FOR-BRAINS
>: SO STOP TRYING TO BE COOL...YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE

God, some people...
I dont think you should laugh either...
I personaly have no fear of dying, it isnt something i ignore, its a fact,
and an expectation of mine... The way i see it is that all living things
have a built in primal instinct that drives us to survive.
You commit suicide only when your emotions get the upper hand over that
instinct... If we didnt have that built in force, people would be jumping
off of bridges right and left. I try to ignore that little thing in me that
says keep going.. If i want to die, ill die. And if anyone wants to laugh at
me they can go ahead, but they should know why theyre laughing.. and most
likely if they did, they wouldnt. People who laugh at that type of thing and
sincerely think its funny, need to be reminded of their own mortality.
then they wouldnt laugh.

--
.\\ i d n i g h t R a i n |
Midn...@Sizone.jaywon.pci.on.ca \

Steve Miller

Apr 27, 1994, 11:50:54 AM4/27/94
In article <CooLy...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> ak...@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU (Amanda Kathryn Morgan) writes:
>From: ak...@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU (Amanda Kathryn Morgan)
>Subject: Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! KURT COBAIN IS DEAD!!!@@!
>Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 22:18:09 GMT
>... can't you people just stop rejoicing over Kurt Cobain's death?

I'm not rejoicing--I'm contiuing what I've always been doing. I said he was
a nobody when Nirvana's first major-label album arrived in my mailbox, and
he proved me right. (Even his suicide note stank.)

>I mean, I thought I was pathetic for spending so much time defending him.

Probably. If you've been invoking John Lennon, Ernest Hemingway, and
other murdered/self-dispatched creative people who stood the test of time
before they left us, then you WERE being pathetic. How do you defend
someone who blows their brains out for the reasons Cobain gave... especially
when all he had to do was retire. That's what an intelligent individual
would have done.

>But look at you! Don't you have anything better to do than to
>sit around and talk incessantly about someone for whom you
>profess nothing but utter hatred?

Not hatred toward Cobain--he doesn't warrant hatred. My obsession stems
from the folks who are even more wrapped up in the "Emperor's New Clothes"
syndrom than they were before he was planted. (And no, I don't hate them,
either. I pity them.)

>This is not about his talent
>or lack thereof, this is not about his clinical depression or
>lack thereof; it is about people who, for whatever reasons,
>felt some affinity for the man and/or his music and are now
>grieving over his death.

While there is nothing to celebrate in Cobain's death, is it something for
the world to grieve over? Didn't the way he went prove him to be the
ultimate weenie? Perhaps the Cobain death-posters don't have enough love in
our lives, but those GRIEVING over Cobain are leading empty existences,
too. I suggest they get dressed, stagger down to the music store and pick
up some other sound-alike, whiney, conformist, get-on-the-band-wagon rebel
grunge band. There are PLENTY to choose from.

I feel sorry for Cobain's family. I feel sorry for Cobain's hanger-ons
(they're going to have to get jobs at Wendy's to support their drug habits
now). I feel sorrier than ever for his daughter. But I can't feel any
sorrow for bone-heads who talk about Cobain as if he's left us a great
legacy.

He didn't leave us enough quality work to fill this 50-line post.

(And the fact that I just wrote a serious post about Cobain answers Ms.
Morgan's quesiton--I obviously don't have better things to do.)

Tom Day

Apr 27, 1994, 8:51:21 AM4/27/94
Gary Benson (i...@tc.fluke.COM) wrote:
>> (Deleted drivel from other posters)

: I won't argue against laughter being an appropriate response to another's

: suicide (in this case you may be right for example), but not the ONLY
: appropriate response. I feel that my own response to this Cobain's suicide
: was perfectly appropriate for ME:

: Suicide is self-exclusion. By this act you make one final statement to
: me: "I have nothing further to say". So I go, "Fine. See ya." People who
: choose to exclude themselves are no longer a part of the conversation.
: So, what should I ask Mr. Cobain to teach me now? I think that his
: action of self-destuction is proof of his desire to be DIS-included from
: my thoughts and regard. Therefore, I comply with his last wishes and,
: well, basically, just ignore the stupid dip.

Other than your last sentance, this is the most logical response to
suicide from the living. Simply because he wanted to be "DIS-included"
from living, does not make Cobain a "stupid dip." As you said, he had
nothing more to contribute, at least nothing that had meaning to him.

: I liked Hemingway, too. But then he delivered the same final message

: that Cobain did, and I discovered he had, nothing, further, to, say.

He certainly didn't write much after death.

Mike McNally

Apr 25, 1994, 5:45:36 AM4/25/94
ak...@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU (Amanda Kathryn Morgan) writes:
>But look at you! Don't you have anything better to do than to
>sit around and talk incessantly about someone for whom you
>profess nothing but utter hatred?

Hmm... Since you put it *that* way, I guess I really *don't* have anything

Jesse Galea

Apr 25, 1994, 6:32:43 AM4/25/94

James Hensley

Apr 28, 1994, 5:36:58 PM4/28/94
Google-Bozo <ro...@portal.resnet.upenn.edu> wrote:
>Marc R Harris (mr...@cus.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
>
>: Hey! Wait! I've got a real complaint.
>: For ever in debt to your priceless advice.
>: Hate! Wait! I've got a real copmlaint.
>: For ever in dept to your priceless advice.
>
>Roman
>
>" I want to be a non-conformist, just like everybody else!"

I just have to laugh when I hear
"Broken hymen of your highness I left back"
and
"What else can I say? Everyone is gay!"

Dude was a comedian of sorts

jp...@locus.com | ..ucsd!lccsd!jpaul : all views expressed are mine.
"Ignorance transcends architecture."

James Hensley

Apr 28, 1994, 6:00:41 PM4/28/94
In article <1994Apr23.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>,
Joseph Betz <Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> wrote:

>In <2p7k2f$p...@netnews.upenn.edu> ro...@portal.resnet.upenn.edu (Google-Bozo) writes:
>
>>Marc R Harris (mr...@cus.cam.ac.uk) wrote:

Hope I got the attributions right...

>I'd probably commit suicide if I woke up one morning
Hey! That'd be cool!!!

>and realized that my
>favorite musician/"poet"/hero was a pinhead from Seattle whose main claim to
>fame was inspiring a multitude of garage bands to forgo showering, buy

Hey man why don't you listen to some of the chord progressions, if you
know what that is. Their music was different from your usual 1-4-5 AC-DC
type bullshit that most rock-n-roll bands play, was very melodic, and had
great hooks.

>$85.00 pretorn flannel shirts, wear winter headgear all summer long, and
I guess if you just look at what people wear and look like
maybe you better get into Stryper or Elton John or something.
Did you stop to think that his clothes were HIS, old, and he didn't give
a shit what he looked like, check out his unkempt and unshaven looks.
Probably not the Poision-NKOTB look you seem to prefer, or maybe it's
Ru-Paul? [Lots of Glam for you there]

>squeel into the microphone in a patented whine.
Let's hear you do better dude. People seemed to like it, how 'bout you?
And I've heard some 'old' folks describe Robert Plant's voice in the
same way. Gettin up there in years? Can't 'relate' the young-un's music
anymore?

Well, there's still the Roy Rogers and Patsy Kline 78s you can fire up.

I prefer NIN Revco, and Ministry myself, but I can respect other's tastes
(except yours)

jpaul

--
jp...@locus.com | ..ucsd!lccsd!jpaul : all views expressed are mine.

Molecule, n.:
The ultimate, indivisible unit of matter. It is distinguished
from the corpuscle, also the ultimate, indivisible unit of matter, by a

Jasper O'Malley

Apr 29, 1994, 8:40:50 AM4/29/94
smi...@media.utah.edu (Steve Miller) writes:

>Probably. If you've been invoking John Lennon, Ernest Hemingway, and
>other murdered/self-dispatched creative people who stood the test of time
>before they left us, then you WERE being pathetic. How do you defend
>someone who blows their brains out for the reasons Cobain gave... especially
>when all he had to do was retire. That's what an intelligent individual
>would have done.

Hey moron,
It's called mental illness and clinical depression aggravated by chronic
physical pain and drug abuse. Learn about it before you say something stupid
again...one out of every three Americans has some sort of mental illness and
mentally ill people are prone to think irrationally during periods of severe
depression. It has nothing to do with intelligence...

>While there is nothing to celebrate in Cobain's death, is it something for
>the world to grieve over? Didn't the way he went prove him to be the
>ultimate weenie?

No.

Sean

Justin Sullivan

Apr 29, 1994, 9:24:23 PM4/29/94
jp...@barge.sd.locus.com (James Hensley) writes:

>In article <1994Apr23.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>,
>Joseph Betz <Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> wrote:
>>In <2p7k2f$p...@netnews.upenn.edu> ro...@portal.resnet.upenn.edu (Google-Bozo) writes:
>>
>>>Marc R Harris (mr...@cus.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
>>

>Hope I got the attributions right...

>>I'd probably commit suicide if I woke up one morning
>Hey! That'd be cool!!!

>>and realized that my
>>favorite musician/"poet"/hero was a pinhead from Seattle whose main claim to
>>fame was inspiring a multitude of garage bands to forgo showering, buy

>Hey man why don't you listen to some of the chord progressions, if you
>know what that is. Their music was different from your usual 1-4-5 AC-DC
>type bullshit that most rock-n-roll bands play, was very melodic, and had
>great hooks.

AC/DC is different from Metallica, which is different from Guns N'
Roses.. If they all sounded the same, they wouldn't have different hits
and such, would they? "Melodic?" It doesn't overtly offend the ear, no..
Neither does Spin Doctors, which reminds me of Nirvana (with
comprehensible lyrics).

>>$85.00 pretorn flannel shirts, wear winter headgear all summer long, and

>I guess if you just look at what people wear and look like
>maybe you better get into Stryper or Elton John or something.

At least I can understand their singing.

>Did you stop to think that his clothes were HIS, old, and he didn't give

No, but it did occur to me that the Salvation Army Thrift Store employees
knew him as "Kurt."

>a shit what he looked like, check out his unkempt and unshaven looks.

Maybe that WAS his look.. It IS the rock scene to look like a bum.
Instead of Ralph Lauren, their look *IS* shit. For them, that *IS*
fashion. Hence, Cobain did care what he looked like - as long as it
wasn't socially acceptable.

To be sure, they DO wear that shit all summer. A Swedish acquantaince
of mine, who made Cobain look like an Armani-clad professional, freezes in
the winter and fries in the summer to maintain that grunge look. And of
course, there's the obligatory piercings in unconventional places. The
only thing natural about her look is that she kept her hair color
(blonde).

Needless to say, she admired Cobain, but when she found out he was
dead, she simply said: "Oh Vell.. I didn't relly lak hees secund
album dat mooch."

>>squeel into the microphone in a patented whine.

>Let's hear you do better dude. People seemed to like it, how 'bout you?

I can do better.. But I don't use smack and I don't look like last
month's garbage, so no one would like me.

So.. Tell us.. Why do such people find it necessary to neglect
appearances?

--
* Justin P. Sullivan * jus...@engr.uky.edu (Internet) *
* System Administrator * JUSTIN@UKCC (BITNET) *

Joseph Betz

Apr 30, 1994, 3:30:01 AM4/30/94
In <2ppbm9$7...@lccma.bos.locus.com> jp...@barge.sd.locus.com (James Hensley) writes:

>In article <1994Apr23.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>,
>Joseph Betz <Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> wrote:
>>

>Hope I got the attributions right...

No, but don't worry clueless. I fixed them for you.

>>I'd probably commit suicide if I woke up one morning
>Hey! That'd be cool!!!

>>and realized that my
>>favorite musician/"poet"/hero was a pinhead from Seattle whose main claim to
>>fame was inspiring a multitude of garage bands to forgo showering, buy

>Hey man why don't you listen to some of the chord progressions, if you
>know what that is. Their music was different from your usual 1-4-5 AC-DC
>type bullshit that most rock-n-roll bands play, was very melodic, and had
>great hooks.

Look, pindick. I've already posted my opinion of Cobains' "music". Since
you obviously missed them, I'll repeat:

Nirvana sucked. Not because they were utterly untalented, but because they
weren't NEARLY as good as their billing and hype.

Yes, I am aware of what chord progressions are. If you'd like to study some
music with _interesting_ progressions, I'd suggest any CD with Miles Davis &
John Coltrane together. Or Duke Ellington. (I know, I know.... "Who's that?")

If you'd like to hear what a real guitarist can do, try Al Dimeola. (I know,
I know...."Duhhh...Who's that?")

>>$85.00 pretorn flannel shirts, wear winter headgear all summer long, and

>Did you stop to think that his clothes were HIS, old, and he didn't give
>a shit what he looked like, check out his unkempt and unshaven looks.

Wake up and smell the corpse, pal. Oh yeah, I'm certain that a guy that
works as hard as a "grunge star" has a never ending supply of worn-out
jeans. No, it's a little more likely that his producers (realizing that
kids will buy *anything*, no matter how bad, as long as their friends think
it's "KEWL") said:

"Kurt! Sweetheart! Don't change those clothes, baby! The kids really
like smelly, unkempt, untalented assholes this week! We're gonna make you a
STAR!"

"But Sid, I really smell _bad_! I wanna shower! My wife won't fuck me
anymore! *Waaaahhhh*...my life sucks! <*click-clack*....*BLAM-splort*>

[lots more whining, Kurt-worshipping bullshit mercifully excised]

>jpaul

Look, sonny. You've made your point (Kurt's so talented, he's like a GOD
to me) and I've made mine (The most artistic contribution from Cobain was
the blotch on his carpeting in the newspaper photo).

It's time to let it die (BWAAAHAHA. Get it? Let it DIE? BWAAHAHAHA).
There's a difference between giving a subject a slap and beating it to
death. You think Kurt was good. Fine. Buy his CDs, be first in line at
the movie about his pathetic life, put white roses on his tombstone every
year. But don't try to pull that "Kurt was a poet, man. He was just
misunderstood." crap on me. I'm a Doors fan. I've already been there and
beyond. Doors = good tunes? Yes. Morrison = poet? BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA! Fuck
no!

Oh by the way, the main reason I hate that whimpering loser is that he
didn't have the fucking balls it takes to be a decent heroin addict. He
shoulda consulted with Lou Reed, or maybe Miles. Naaaah...They would've
pushed his face in just for being a dickless wannabee.

All my love, and undying respect for _music_,

Joe

* Josep...@mixcom.com | Wisconsin - Behind the Cheese Curtain *

Akiro Nikita

May 1, 1994, 11:59:07 AM5/1/94

: Oh sure. Like Curt Kobain and the other guys in his group weren't

: extremely homosexual. I mean if you read between the lyrics, you can
: see the Homo_Text[tm].

: "We like the smell of 10 large homosexual men wearing a lot of makeup."

Wow I never looked at it like a red neck motherfucker before, boy just
reading your post drop *me* IQ 300 points. I think I am gonna go fuck my
sister, daddy had her last night.. YeeeHaw!

You are the most Homophobic man, maybe *man* is too strong a word so I
will use boy, I have ever seen.

I had a long very thought out responce, but thats is why you posted that
moronic flame, too get responces. So FUCK YOU...

: I think we all know why he killed himself. Geez, after getting the ole'

: anus treated like that, I can't believe he didn't do it earlier.

So you must really be suicidal, have you stoped lettin' Barney the purple
pedophile ram your ass yet?

: ---------------------------------------------------------------
: Ken "Truth Seeker" Hovanes
^^^^^
I wonder whos truth?

--
pppBGCpRanma 1/2pBattle Angel AlitapSailor MoonpBlack MagicpProject A-Koppp
ppni...@teleport.com Vash @ AnimeMUCK And other people in other placespp

Lewis McCarthy

May 1, 1994, 12:37:05 PM5/1/94

Akiro Nikita (nik...@teleport.com) writes:
>I had a long very thought out responce, but thats is why you posted that
>moronic flame, too get responces. So FUCK YOU...

YHBT. YHL. HAND.

{We're waiting with bated breath to hear the long thought-out response, though}

-Lewis
================================
"Ja, ja. Waldheim for President" -Mark Line [in soc.culture.austria]

Christian Vincent Reitmeier

Apr 29, 1994, 5:25:00 AM4/29/94
Well, I guess it is in the nature of simpletons and fools to
hate and fear what they don't understand. A group "Fuck you"
from my friends and myself. Thank you. -Butz

Brian Saunders

May 1, 1994, 9:42:16 PM5/1/94

Well, as a simpleton, I'm asking you to explain what it is we don't
understand. Please follow up.
--

Brian Saunders saun...@castor.che.wisc.edu

Harry Teasley III

May 2, 1994, 7:46:45 AM5/2/94
Why are people gloating about Cobains suicide? Folks die, famous, rich,
whatever. Some people are sad about it, so let them be sad. I never
really liked Nirvana, but shit, a lot of people did. Let them do their
thing. I was amazingly bummed when I heard Frank Zappa had cancer, and
was further saddened when he finally died. It was a blow. If some folks
regard Cobain in the same way, then what of it? Some of the flames seem
to accuse Cobain of being ungrateful for his wealth and fame. It is
indeed hard to see what could be so worng with his life that he felt he
had to end it, but I think that whenever I hear of suicide.

Just drop the topic.

Just my humble $0.02

Harry "Next..." Teasley

Lawrence Allen

May 2, 1994, 9:27:15 AM5/2/94
Harry Teasley III (he...@crash.cts.com) wrote:
: Why are people gloating about Cobains suicide? Folks die, famous, rich,

You silly little turd. How can you even mention that wimp in the
same paragraph as the great Zappa. Zappa died of natural causes.
Zappa was a pioneer. Zappa was king of tasteless humor in music.

That weasel turd, Cobain wasn't fit to clean a toilet where Zappa
once shit. He was a slimy little squid without enough shit in has
cranium to be ungrateful for his wealth and fame. To let him slip
quietly away would be a great injustice. He deserves to be laughed
away. When the dictionary needs an illustration of worthless, the
should have a copy of the photo of that sqid's head, post lobotomy.

puke!

Willia...@vos.stratus.com

May 2, 1994, 11:14:04 AM5/2/94
=> lra...@mcdata.com (Lawrence Allen) wrote:
[...]

Duh. YOu're an idiot. He wasn't comparing the talents of either
artist. Tho' I think zappa totally sucked shit.

Learn to read before making yourself out to be moronic.

=>That weasel turd, Cobain wasn't fit to clean a toilet where Zappa
=>once shit. He was a slimy little squid without enough shit in has
=>cranium to be ungrateful for his wealth and fame. To let him slip
=>quietly away would be a great injustice. He deserves to be laughed
=>away. When the dictionary needs an illustration of worthless, the
=>should have a copy of the photo of that sqid's head, post lobotomy.

Zappa sucked. He's crap. Just like his stupid son..., total
crap.

Listen to STeve MOrse or Allen Hollsworth, if you truly feel
like listening to some talent.

Sheez!

--Bill M.
"Lying on stained, wretched sheets with a bleeding virgin.
We could plan a murder,
or start a religion"
---Jim Morrison

Lawrence Allen

May 2, 1994, 12:29:30 PM5/2/94
Willia...@vos.stratus.com wrote:
: => lra...@mcdata.com (Lawrence Allen) wrote:

: =>You silly little turd. How can you even mention that wimp in the

: =>same paragraph as the great Zappa. Zappa died of natural causes.

^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
: Duh. YOu're an idiot. He wasn't comparing the talents of either
: artist.
Exactly where did you get that I was accusing him of such a thing?
To comapre talent, the one must HAVE talent.

Tho' I think zappa totally sucked shit.

If I want your worthless opinion I would have scraped it from the
floor of a truckstop men's room.

: Learn to read before making yourself out to be moronic.
Follow your own advice, not that I think it will help.

Mathieu Allen Lewis

May 2, 1994, 10:51:21 AM5/2/94

In article <1994Apr30.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>, Joseph Betz <Joseph.Betz@

mixcom.mixcom.com> writes:

|> Yes, I am aware of what chord progressions are. If you'd like to study some
|> music with _interesting_ progressions, I'd suggest any CD with Miles Davis &
|> John Coltrane together. Or Duke Ellington. (I know, I know.... "Who's that?
")

|> If you'd like to hear what a real guitarist can do, try Al Dimeola. (I know,
|> I know...."Duhhh...Who's that?")
|>

|> Look, sonny. You've made your point (Kurt's so talented, he's like a GOD
|> to me) and I've made mine (The most artistic contribution from Cobain was
|> the blotch on his carpeting in the newspaper photo).
|>
|> Oh by the way, the main reason I hate that whimpering loser is that he
|> didn't have the fucking balls it takes to be a decent heroin addict. He
|> shoulda consulted with Lou Reed, or maybe Miles. Naaaah...They would've
|> pushed his face in just for being a dickless wannabee.
|>
|> All my love, and undying respect for _music_,
|>
|> Joe

looks like we have ourselves a fucking elitist who thinks he's sooooo
cultured. and quite a talented name-dropper too.

listen, if you're really want to impress us uneducated music appreciators,
please do the following:

a) tell us how many CDs you have in your collection
b) post your SAT score from high school
c) give us your preference in musical equipment (including what you own and
use)
and lastly, but not in the least,
d) emulate Kurt

Matthew Lewis
m...@ising.phys.cwru.edu
ma...@po.cwru.edu
present location: pyd...@lancaster.ac.uk

James Hensley

May 2, 1994, 6:38:27 PM5/2/94
In article <1994Apr30.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>,

Joseph Betz <Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> wrote:
>In <2ppbm9$7...@lccma.bos.locus.com> jp...@barge.sd.locus.com (James Hensley) writes:
>
>>In article <1994Apr23.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>,
>>Joseph Betz <Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> wrote:
>>>

>>Hope I got the attributions right...
>
>No, but don't worry clueless. I fixed them for you.
What a stud. Thanks, cluefull.

>Look, pindick. I've already posted my opinion of Cobains' "music". Since
>you obviously missed them, I'll repeat:
>Nirvana sucked. Not because they were utterly untalented, but because they
>weren't NEARLY as good as their billing and hype.

No, you look, fuckhole. Calling names is really degenerating here. Millions
of people bought their cds. You can't say that was marketing. Look what
happened to Vanilla Ice. (He's a pothead, now, BTW)

>Yes, I am aware of what chord progressions are. If you'd like to study some
>music with _interesting_ progressions, I'd suggest any CD with Miles Davis &
>John Coltrane together. Or Duke Ellington. (I know, I know.... "Who's that?")

Yes, I like 'Bitches' Brew', you know, but that's a TOTALLY DIFFERENT SUBJECT,
STYLE, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ROCK AND ROLL...

>If you'd like to hear what a real guitarist can do, try Al Dimeola. (I know,
>I know...."Duhhh...Who's that?")

boy you ASSume a lot.
I prefer Muddy Waters myself, for different style, I'd take Stanley Jordan.

[More bitching-holier-than-thou verbal liquishit flushed]

>[lots more whining, Kurt-worshipping bullshit mercifully excised]
>
>>jpaul
>
>Look, sonny. You've made your point (Kurt's so talented, he's like a GOD
>to me) and I've made mine (The most artistic contribution from Cobain was

Not quite, never said he was a god, thought he was a really talented dude.

>the blotch on his carpeting in the newspaper photo).

Ok, Gramps, we can agree to disagree. ( I really wanted to see that pic,
you got a GIF?)

>It's time to let it die (BWAAAHAHA. Get it? Let it DIE? BWAAHAHAHA).

Your adolescent humor is getting tiring.

>There's a difference between giving a subject a slap and beating it to
>death. You think Kurt was good. Fine. Buy his CDs, be first in line at
>the movie about his pathetic life, put white roses on his tombstone every
>year. But don't try to pull that "Kurt was a poet, man. He was just
>misunderstood." crap on me. I'm a Doors fan. I've already been there and
>beyond. Doors = good tunes? Yes. Morrison = poet? BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA! Fuck
>no!

You must be confusing me with someone else, I said it was funny with lines
like "Broken hymen of your highness" and "What else can I say, everyone is
gay?"

>Oh by the way, the main reason I hate that whimpering loser is that he
>didn't have the fucking balls it takes to be a decent heroin addict. He
>shoulda consulted with Lou Reed, or maybe Miles. Naaaah...They would've
>pushed his face in just for being a dickless wannabee.

So I guess you think shootin smack is cool, if you do it right. Great.

>All my love, and undying respect for _music_,

And it comes in many shades, dude, drop the pretentious attitude, willya?

jpaul
--
jp...@locus.com | ..ucsd!lccsd!jpaul : all views expressed are mine.

Serocki's Stricture:
Marriage is always a bachelor's last option.

Steve Mayer

May 3, 1994, 3:52:11 AM5/3/94
Akiro Nikita (nik...@teleport.com) wrote:

: : Oh sure. Like Curt Kobain and the other guys in his group weren't

: : extremely homosexual. I mean if you read between the lyrics, you can
: : see the Homo_Text[tm].

: : "We like the smell of 10 large homosexual men wearing a lot of makeup."

: Wow I never looked at it like a red neck motherfucker before, boy just
: reading your post drop *me* IQ 300 points. I think I am gonna go fuck my
: sister, daddy had her last night.. YeeeHaw!

How did you manage to bring incest into this thread? Next you'll be
digging up necrophilia.

: You are the most Homophobic man, maybe *man* is too strong a word so I

: will use boy, I have ever seen.

You like to talk about boys? This is getting sicker by the minute!

: I had a long very thought out responce, but thats is why you posted that

: moronic flame, too get responces. So FUCK YOU...

: : I think we all know why he killed himself. Geez, after getting the ole'
: : anus treated like that, I can't believe he didn't do it earlier.

: So you must really be suicidal, have you stoped lettin' Barney the purple
: pedophile ram your ass yet?

Swoosh! And now you've strengthaned the use of pedophilia and introduced
bestiality. Please, get help NOW!

Steve Mayer

May 3, 1994, 4:00:16 AM5/3/94
Willia...@vos.stratus.com wrote:
: =>:Harry Teasley III (he...@crash.cts.com) wrote:

[argument about Corbain and Captain Beefheart deleted]

: =>You silly little turd. How can you even mention that wimp in the

: =>same paragraph as the great Zappa. Zappa died of natural causes.
: =>Zappa was a pioneer. Zappa was king of tasteless humor in music.

: Duh. YOu're an idiot. He wasn't comparing the talents of either
: artist. Tho' I think zappa totally sucked shit.

: Learn to read before making yourself out to be moronic.

[Mark Line impression deleted]

: Zappa sucked. He's crap. Just like his stupid son..., total
: crap.

Idiot! Zappa doesn't have a son. He has a daughter with a really big
schooz and a hairy belly (two words:bikini shave!) but she had a sweet
little body.

Jady Wallis

May 3, 1994, 10:07:59 AM5/3/94
Don't you think this has gone on long enough? By responding to the homophobic,
immature, narrow-minded, short-sighted vile little redneck, you're encouraging
him to continue this. I suggest that you ignore parasites like this and eventually
they get bored and go away. By responding, you're giving him exactly what he
wants.

BTW, Frank Zappa's son is Dweezle, isn't it?

Bob Another beer, please Christ

May 3, 1994, 11:47:53 AM5/3/94
jp...@barge.sd.locus.com (James Hensley) writes:

>No, you look, fuckhole. Calling names is really degenerating here. Millions
>of people bought their cds. You can't say that was marketing. Look what
>happened to Vanilla Ice. (He's a pothead, now, BTW)

Who give a fuck, eh? Blow it out your ass.

Bob

Bob Another beer, please Christ

May 3, 1994, 12:21:47 PM5/3/94
jwa...@borg.citi.doc.ca (Jady Wallis) writes:

>BTW, Frank Zappa's son is Dweezle, isn't it?

No. His name is Buttplug.

Bob

Jady Wallis

May 3, 1994, 1:51:57 PM5/3/94

Bob - I think you've had "too many beers."

Edward Bedinger

May 3, 1994, 1:41:36 PM5/3/94
In article <1994Apr30.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>,

Joseph Betz <Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> wrote:
>In <2ppbm9$7...@lccma.bos.locus.com> jp...@barge.sd.locus.com (James Hensley) writes:
>
>>In article <1994Apr23.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>,
>>Joseph Betz <Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> wrote:
>>>

>Oh by the way, the main reason I hate that whimpering loser is that he
>didn't have the fucking balls it takes to be a decent heroin addict. He
>shoulda consulted with Lou Reed, or maybe Miles. Naaaah...They would've
>pushed his face in just for being a dickless wannabee.

Its so cute, freaking yuppie scum dragging a junkie transvestite and
a washed-up, recovered boxer around claiming they're the real gods.
Speaking of Bwahahah, yeah right.

Listen up Joe. Cobain was one righteous junkie. That boy was
so twisted I can hardly stand to hear some of those songs, because
they do the shit right. None of that Nico and Eno tapes played
backward to simulate a rush. Cobain may have had wannabe baggage
(I don't know). But he had a real git and a lot of interesting shit
to do with it.

With a Miles show, you never knew if he would show up.
Changed your mind yet?

>no!

I figgered. Forget it.

Ned Bedinger
q...@u.washington.edu
The management of their horses is truly surprising. . . . they will mount
and proceed with speed without aid of spur or anything but a small switch.
___________________________________ -Charles Wilkes _______________________
_____________diaries from The U.S. Exploring Expedition (1838-1842)_________

Guy MacArthur

May 3, 1994, 6:17:09 PM5/3/94

Normally, I just ignore this kind of drivel, but the recent
flames here got me thinking about Nirvana's music rather than just
pissing me off.
This is to all you people who have been posting stuff like
"Queensryche: the real Seattle band," and "You wanna hear a real
guitarist... check out Al D. Miola," and all the "Nirvana SUCKS. Dream
Wankers RULE!" posts.
Nirvana was a PUNK band. The first rule in your punk 101 education
is that it doesn't matter if you're good, just play as loud as possible. In
fact, the crappier you are, the more "punk" you are.
Cobain played with cheap $15 pawn shop guitars wired with
fucking piano strings. It's not about being good. It's about fucking
ROCK. I think every person on this group will agree that Al D. Miolo
or Engwie Palmsteen or whoever could do more on a guitar with their
sphincter than Kurt did in his life.
It's like telling us that Debbie Gibson is a much better
singer than Kurt ever was. Sure, it's true. We can all agree to that.
But that's not the fucking point.
Nirvana rocked my soul. The first five seconds of hearing the
chorus of Lithium, blew me away. It instantly made everything else obsolete.
I put away my "...and Justice for All " and went out and bought _Newvermind_.
I think a few million other kids had the same experience.
To my ears, Nirvana rocked harder than anything before or since.
Probably because of the cheap equipment, the don't-give-a-damn attitude,
but above all, because the music they made was incredible. That's something
that the technical finesse of the Al De Moolah's of the world can never
fucking capture.
And I like that sometimes. I have the Dream Theatre album. I think
that "Take the Time" is perhaps one of the best rock songs ever.
But it will never rock like "Aneurysm" "Bloom" "Negative Creep"
"Tourette's" and all the rest.
So why don't you take your flames and all your Eddie-Van-Halen-is
-Number-One-I'm-A-Fratboy-So-I-Should-Know posts to a group
like alt.music.rush where flame wars are encouraged.

Peace, Love, and Hempathy
-from the pit of _my_ naseous stomach*

*luckily, Pepto does the trick for me.

Bite

May 5, 1994, 1:55:57 PM5/5/94

nirvana? isn't that a buddhist state of enlightenment? what is all
this shit about music?

fagan...@cobra.uni.edu

May 5, 1994, 9:26:53 PM5/5/94

YOU'RE the idiot. Zappa does have a son--Dweezil. In fact, he was
on an episode of Roseanne this season which was dedicated to Frank.

M. J.
* * *
* * If you wanna get to heaven, *
* fagan...@cobra.uni.edu * you got to raise a little hell. *
* * --The Ozark Mountain Daredevils *
* * *

Christian Vincent Reitmeier

May 2, 1994, 2:56:45 PM5/2/94
Sorry about the lack of sense which my last response made.
Must have been the drugs. I can't even remember why said
something, but I think it was in refernce to those fuckers who
keep telling me that Cobain and Nirvana suck. Fuck them.
Everybody else... take care and smoke up. Later- Butz

Steve Mayer

May 6, 1994, 3:43:35 AM5/6/94
fagan...@cobra.uni.edu wrote:
: In article <smayerCp...@netcom.com>, sma...@netcom.com (Steve Mayer)
: writes:
: > Idiot! Zappa doesn't have a son. He has a daughter with a really big

Bruce Ediger

May 5, 1994, 9:25:33 PM5/5/94
ssa...@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Bite) wrote:
>nirvana? isn't that a buddhist state of enlightenment? what is all
>this shit about music?

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. You're thinking about the state of "Satriani".

David Morning

May 6, 1994, 7:01:57 AM5/6/94
jwa...@borg.citi.doc.ca (Jady Wallis) writes:

he has two, Dweezle and Ahmet