Hmmmm

bloodsport

Nov 24, 2003, 8:14:32 AM11/24/03
Posted by aronmorris on digitalnoise forum:

"I figured that you would all like to know that in the upcoming issue of
Alternative Press Magazine (the 25 most anticipated artists of 2004) which
hits stands the first week of December, one of the artists/albums covered is
NIN. The report states the overall vibe and sound of the record and lists
some of the people that are involved in the production such as Rick Rubin,
Atticus Ross, and Leo Herrera. The official album title is "BLEEDTHROUGH."
There are three song titles also mentioned. Another point worth noting is
that Trent is quoted as saying that he is fed up with the perfected quality
of computer-produced music (specifically the use of ProTools software) and
that this record was done with alternate methods. There is no specific
release date mentioned. Interesting."

A WHOIS of BLEEDTHROUGH.net confirms that domain as property of nothing
records. Just an upcoming nothing band that wished to use that domain in
the future? Maybe. But meathead confirms that the new NIN album is, in
fact, to be titled bleedthrough. Although meathead is a well known
shit-talker, i can't help but feel a little excited about all of this.

Sven Knutson

Nov 24, 2003, 11:59:46 AM11/24/03

"bloodsport" <nkr...@jvl.net> skrev i meddelandet

Hehe.. no more free endorsement for Digidesign.

/Sven

bloodsport

Nov 24, 2003, 9:34:47 PM11/24/03

"Sven Knutson" <ec...@swip.net> wrote in message

Nope. More of a blatant "Fuck Digidesign!" I can't see him abandoning
computer aided production altogether, though.

RADWORDS1

Nov 25, 2003, 12:32:34 AM11/25/03
<< Although meathead is a well known
shit-talker, i can't help but feel a little excited about all of this. >>

Meathead isn't wrong. Although you've got awhile for new NIN music. A major (as
in MAJOR) shakeup in the NIN camp as well as a temporary relocation will delay
things.

~Danielle

Wantthatthing

Nov 25, 2003, 12:53:49 AM11/25/03
<<A major (as
in MAJOR) shakeup in the NIN camp as well as a temporary relocation will delay
things. >>

What 'major' shakeup could there possibly be that matters? NIN is basically a
one man band. Is Trent firing himself?

Wantthatthing

Nov 25, 2003, 12:55:15 AM11/25/03
<<There are three song titles also mentioned. >>

The three song titles are "The Line Begins To Blur," "Everyday Is Exactly The
Same" and "My Dead Friend."
Discuss.

Patrick Miller

Nov 25, 2003, 12:13:54 AM11/25/03
RADWORDS1 <radw...@aol.com> wrote:
: Meathead isn't wrong. Although you've got awhile for new NIN music. A major (as

: in MAJOR) shakeup in the NIN camp as well as a temporary relocation will delay
: things.

Is Podboy coming back?

I KNEW IT

Sound Mirror

Nov 25, 2003, 3:18:09 AM11/25/03

Wantthatthing <wantth...@aol.com> wrote in message

sounds more similar to song titles from The Fragile than anything else.. the
titles also seem to suggest a more "artsy" approach to the music, even more
than The Fragile... this could be a bad thing if you don't wear
non-prescription black-framed glasses, mary jane shoes, short black or brown
hair, make excessive use of single periods after single words, and the like.

"My Dead Friend" sounds like it could be the name of a Gary Numan song...

bloodsport

Nov 25, 2003, 8:48:15 AM11/25/03

"RADWORDS1" <radw...@aol.com> wrote in message

> << Although meathead is a well known
> shit-talker, i can't help but feel a little excited about all of this. >>
>

> Meathead isn't wrong.

I didn't mean to imply that I thought he was wrong, just that I wouldn't put
it past him to confirm a false rumor just for the fun of it...

>A major (as in MAJOR) shakeup in the NIN camp as well as a temporary
relocation will delay
> things.

Please elaborate.

John Smith

Nov 25, 2003, 6:48:00 PM11/25/03
I'd ignore all this..
It's what happens when bored fans get fed up waiting for the next album.. It
happened before the fragile as well, except they had art work, and even real
audios..
The only thing they did get right was that it'd be a double album..

"bloodsport" <nkr...@jvl.net> wrote in message
> [...]

Wantthatthing

Nov 25, 2003, 10:42:40 PM11/25/03
<<I'd ignore all this..
It's what happens when bored fans get fed up waiting for the next album.. It
happened before the fragile as well, except they had art work, and even real
audios..
The only thing they did get right was that it'd be a double album..>>

Someone on another board did a search on bleedthrough.net and found that it's
now registered to Nothing records. Good chance the title at least is accurate.
All this speculation will be put to rest when the AP magazine article is out
Dec. We'll know for sure by then.

Sven Knutson

Nov 26, 2003, 11:04:15 AM11/26/03

"Wantthatthing" <wantth...@aol.com> skrev i meddelandet

Registrant:
nothing interactive, inc. (GVCIDTXKKD)
20325 Center Ridge Rd
Cleveland, OH 44116
US

Domain Name: BLEEDTHROUGH.NET

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Malm, Jr., John A. (UHLCHKLZJI) not...@nothingrecords.com
20325 Center Ridge Road
Cleveland, OH 44116-3572
US
440-333-3040 fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 06-May-2004.
Record created on 06-May-2003.
Database last updated on 23-Nov-2003 11:06:14 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

GG1.NS.GEMINIIGROUP.COM 64.90.163.99
GG2.NS.GEMINIIGROUP.COM 64.90.163.100

/Sven

Leviathant

Dec 1, 2003, 7:17:03 PM12/1/03
"John Smith" <som...@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<QSRwb.27189$aT.2...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...

> I'd ignore all this..
> It's what happens when bored fans get fed up waiting for the next album.. It
> happened before the fragile as well, except they had art work, and even real
> audios..
> The only thing they did get right was that it'd be a double album.

Oh, I dunno. If I recall correctly, someone registered TheFragile.com
two years before it came out. And I remember posting the track
listing to the Fragile long before we had artwork for it. Come to
think of it, three months before the Fragile was released, El Rezzo
did an interview with Rolling Stone where he announced the titles of
La Mer, Pilgrimage, and some other tracks.

At least back in the day, when a.m.nin people were snarky, they were
clever and had their facts straight.

rhabdophobid

Dec 2, 2003, 6:28:58 PM12/2/03

"Leviathant" <levia...@theninhotline.net> wrote in message

so when DO you think this new album will arrive? i've only been a fan for,
say 2 years now, but NIN is basically all i listen to. honestly #1 of few i
idolize. anyway, i hope i get a serious answer, this isn't a rhetorical
question- i'm hoping once i get a general idea, the date will approach much
sooner.
jess