nin on x-files

stryfe

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
Heard a rumour that NIN was supposed to be
on the X-Files soundtrack.
Some 7 min song or something,
but heard Trent pulled out cause' Filter was on it
Richard Patrick said he denies any bad blood between
him & Trent, but I don't know if Trent says the same things.........
Any truth to this???????????????????????

stryfe

GothAkasha

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
Actually,
I heard the same rumor. I dont know if it is true, but I did hear it also.
----------------------------
----------------------------

". My head is filled with disease. My skin is begging you please. I'm on my
hands and knees. I want so much to believe."
-NIN

David Yuhnke

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
stryfe wrote in message <71s42b$hpm$1...@grissom.powerup.com.au>...

Apparently, Trent's cover of Gary Numan's 'Metal' (as mentioned in the
Details interview '95?) was supposed to appear on the soundtrack. I saw a
web ad on Elektra's web site that actually mentioned Nine Inch Nails as
appearing on the disc. However, for some reason 'Metal' does not appear on
the disc. I just had a thought however, I'm going to have to relisten to
the bonus track tonight, but the dialogue hidden at the end of the disc is
spoken over an ambient noise piece quite similar to the work Trent did on
Quake. Could it be? Anyone else care to comment on this?

dave

Shannon Robert Burge

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, stryfe wrote:

> Heard a rumour that NIN was supposed to be
> on the X-Files soundtrack.
> Some 7 min song or something,

Yep. A cover of Gary Numan's "Metal".

> but heard Trent pulled out cause' Filter was on it
> Richard Patrick said he denies any bad blood between
> him & Trent, but I don't know if Trent says the same things.........
> Any truth to this???????????????????????

I don't know exactly what problem Trent has with Richard, but that's the
story I heard too.

SRB

"I'm an ocean of muscle, ebbin' and flowin' on a tide of studliness."

---Johhny Bravo

Shawn Leslie

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
From the East, Shannon Robert Burge <f79...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

>> but heard Trent pulled out cause' Filter was on it
>> Richard Patrick said he denies any bad blood between
>> him & Trent, but I don't know if Trent says the same things.........
>> Any truth to this???????????????????????
>
>I don't know exactly what problem Trent has with Richard, but that's the
>story I heard too.
>
>SRB

Spin '96, about February or something. The one with the orange cover.

"They acted like they were fucking stars or something." was Trent's
summation of Filter.

SL

cyph0id

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, stryfe wrote:

> Heard a rumour that NIN was supposed to be
> on the X-Files soundtrack.

Can't help you there, buuut did anyone/everyone here know that they played
'piggy' in an episode of Millennium? (a show i love, of course also
written by Chris Carter, creator of x-files) They gave props to trent on
the credits also, and the website.

it was quite a pleasant suprise...
cyph0id - i don't need to choose a side

stryfe

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98
O.k thanks for that
but does anyone know where we can get a copy
of this song "Metal"
MP3 or otherwise

stryfe

FieryWings

Nov 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/8/98
>>I don't know exactly what problem Trent has with Richard, but that's the
>>story I heard too.
>>
>>SRB

>"They acted like they were fucking stars or something." was Trent's
>summation of Filter.
>
>SL

For real, dude! How would you feel if one of your band members, jealous of your
talent and wanting to be admired as the head of the show, ditched you to form
his own band, badmouthed you, and then proceeded to call you, drunk, only then
considering an apology?

That's the story, IIRC.

Later! ;)

^^^^^FieryWings^^^^^

"I'm mad, you're mad.... We're all mad here!!!"
--- The Cheshire Cat