So is NIN on the X-Files soundtrack?

Adam Bender

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

I remember seeing NIN as being advertised as being on the X-Files
soundtrack, but now that it's out I don't see a track by them. So if
anyone has it, are they on there?

Adam

--
Adam - abe...@pitt.edu - www.geocities.com/colosseum/7188
"God has a sense of humor? Of course! That explains everything." -Dogbert

Magnus 430

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

>I remember seeing NIN as being advertised as being on the X-Files
>soundtrack, but now that it's out I don't see a track by them. So if
>anyone has it, are they on there?

NIN isn't on tha X-Files soundtrack. Originally Trent was going to do a Gary
Numan cover for it but it didn't happen.

Broken Man

Dorcus

Jun 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/27/98

Magnus 430 wrote:

> NIN isn't on tha X-Files soundtrack. Originally Trent was going to do a Gary
> Numan cover for it but it didn't happen.
>
> Broken Man

I can't tell you how much I got annoyed at this album. The artists on it
are okay, even good, (Filter, better than Ezra) but the hype included a
billion songs that just didn't happen. I understand how hard it mst be
to compile a soundtrack, but I was kind of dissapointed that I didn't
get to hear all this cool shit..
Oh well,
Dorcus

Boen

Jun 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/27/98

if you listen the the backround of the hiden track it could be nin

fun...@mindspring.com

Jun 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/28/98

>I can't tell you how much I got annoyed at this album. The artists on it
>are okay, even good, (Filter, better than Ezra) but the hype included a
>billion songs that just didn't happen. I understand how hard it mst be
>to compile a soundtrack, but I was kind of dissapointed that I didn't
>get to hear all this cool shit..
>Oh well,
>Dorcus

That's soundtracks and the music business, my friend. All hype, no
substance. Every now and then, the Biz produces a winner that DOESN'T
need to be spoonfed inorder to get your attention. But it's very
rarely.

Erin L King

Jun 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/28/98

Adam Bender <abe...@pitt.edu> wrote:
>I remember seeing NIN as being advertised as being on the X-Files
>soundtrack, but now that it's out I don't see a track by them. So if
>anyone has it, are they on there?
>
>Adam

Was gonna do the song - dropped out.

You a zet?

circusgirl

the saint

Jun 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/28/98
to fun...@mindspring.com

sorta like the Damon Knight soundtrack? IMHO, one of the better
complete soundtracks out there in recent years. but, there are other
soundtracks with some really good individual songs, but not a complete
soundtrack of good songs. ones that come to mind are Mortal Kombat (al
of them, really.), Lost Highway, Last Action Hero (the movie sucked),
and Godzilla. Yup, Godzilla. The RATM song is really good, as well as
the Jamiroquai (sp?) and even the puff daddy song. (I ignore the
lyrics...I still like the led zep version better...much better.)

Byron Weiss

Jun 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/28/98

In article <199806262323...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
magn...@aol.com (Magnus 430) wrote:

>>I remember seeing NIN as being advertised as being on the X-Files
>>soundtrack, but now that it's out I don't see a track by them. So if
>>anyone has it, are they on there?
>

>NIN isn't on tha X-Files soundtrack. Originally Trent was going to do a Gary
>Numan cover for it but it didn't happen.

That's exactly what *they* want you to think. Meanwhile, men in high
places are listening to their own exclusive nin track, and taunting us
with a release date for an album that doesn't even exist.

flail (the truth is a virus...er out there)

--
bnw...@artsci.wustl.edu
http://artsci.wustl.edu/~bnweiss

MoRhythm

Jun 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/29/98

Subject: Re: So is NIN on the X-Files soundtrack?
From: bnw...@artsci.wustl.edu (Byron Weiss)
Date: Sun, Jun 28, 1998 1:49PM

--
bnw...@artsci.wustl.edu
http://artsci.wustl.edu/~bnweiss<<

It is still possible for a nin track to be released. there is a new edition of
the Spawn album out with a new previously unreleased track and this time i
didn't but the original first so i guess people like me can just hope. what i
don't get is why this friggin guy can't get anything done. i mean, when your
profession is making music and it's what you live off of, what the hell does
this guy do in the mean time? i know remixes or playing doom or dodging
lawsuits but i mean, theres gotta be something that could be a single out by
now...grrr.

-m0trix

Guttermouth

Jun 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/29/98

RE: So is NIN on the X-Files soundtrack?
BY: abe...@pitt.edu (Adam Bender)

No. Trent covered a song called "Metal". I can't quite remember the artist
who did it, although I do remember Marilyn Manson covered another of his songs,
"Down In The Park". The song is really good by the way. Anyway, Trent's cover
weighed in at roughly 8 minutes, and for no apparent reason, was suddenly
withdrawn. Keep your eyes open in the months to come, because it may be
floating around unannounced...

Origin: Alpha Centauri BBS * 609-227-2101

MacDeath

Jun 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/29/98

On 28 Jun 1998, Erin L King insinuated:

> Adam Bender <abe...@pitt.edu> wrote:
> >I remember seeing NIN as being advertised as being on the X-Files
> >soundtrack, but now that it's out I don't see a track by them. So if
> >anyone has it, are they on there?
> >

> >Adam
>
> Was gonna do the song - dropped out.
>
> You a zet?
>
> circusgirl

There she goes again, trying to pick up 'net nerds on the newsgroup again.
;)

(just kidding, of course).

m.c.d., so exhausted from spending most of yesterday at the park . . . .

.. .. .... .. .. . .... . .... . .. .... ... .. ... . ... .. ... . . ..
m.c.death--premiere electro/industrial keyboardist slut of the Northwest
attenuated euphoria: "smart music for stupid people"
http://www.teleport.com/~synthboy/ae/

MacDeath

Jun 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/29/98

On 26 Jun 1998, Adam Bender wrote:

> I remember seeing NIN as being advertised as being on the X-Files
> soundtrack, but now that it's out I don't see a track by them. So if
> anyone has it, are they on there?
>
> Adam

it was originally going to be a cover of Gary Numan's "Metal." But alas,
it got axed.

m.c.d., smiling at the thought of "Down In The Park" . . . .

CMSpurple

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

>That's exactly what *they* want you to think. Meanwhile, men in high
>places are listening to their own exclusive nin track, and taunting us
>with a release date for an album that doesn't even exist.
>

>flail (the truth is a virus...er out there)

NO ,no ,no you've got it all backward, Trent actually finished The Fragile a
year ago ,and the suits have been locked in their posh little homes listening
to it repeatedly ,wondering how the hell they're going to make any f*#^& !! $$$
off of it.

Catherine
welcome to the velvet cage

CMSpurple

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

>it was originally going to be a cover of Gary Numan's "Metal." But alas,
>it got axed.
>
>m.c.d., smiling at the thought of "Down In The Park" . . . .

Actually, on one of the X-files ng/sites or something( I've read so much X-file
stuff recently,shit) they said Reznor had finished the track(hard to believe
isn't it?) and turned it in for inspection. I guess it was really long,and for
some reason he changed his mind and took the song back. The people responsible
for putting the soundtrack together,consider Metal "the one that got away" .
Personally, I can't see him putting one of his songs on a soundtrack album with
Filter on the same album ,can you?? He's so friggin competitive,but that's just
my speculative opinion,ok???

brainless

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
Trent didn't put the song on the X-files soundtrack because it's so
different from the new nin album .

--
underground management/production for music and arts
e-mail : brai...@Compuserve.Com