New set list?

Jay Nabedian

Jan 1, 1995, 8:58:22 PM1/1/95
[De-lurk on]

Well, I just got back (Milwaukee) from the Detroit New Year's Eve
concert. This was my third NIN show in four months. September in
Milwaukee, November in Madison, and now Detroit.

Both Milwaukee and Madison had nearly identical set lists (with the
exception of an encore in Madison). But Detroit was radically different:
gone were some of what I consider the weaker live songs (piggy, ruiner),
and the whole set was just a bit more up-tempo.

Here is a list of what was performed (NOT in exact order, but 98%
positive this is the entire set):

pinion
terrible lie
march of the pigs
something i can never have
closer
mr. self destruct
happiness in slavery
wish
gave up
the only time
sin
down in it
eraser
hurt
the downward spiral
reptile
head like a hole
burn
physical (you're so)
help me i am in hell
dead souls

Robin also played a few bars of Auld Lang Syne on th harmonica at
midnight ( PWEI and the Jim Rose Circus also came out and sprayed the pit
with Champagne)

Also, the film was definately different than when I saw it the previous
two times. I can't say if there were new scenes or not, but the order
and length (especially of the decaying wolf) were different.

Anyway, does anyone know if this is the new set list for the rest of the
tour, or was this just for this show? I won the tickets from a local
radio station and the plane tickets were paid for by interscope, so I am
wondering if this was a publicity show put on by the label and there were
many winners from all over the country. In that case, I could see where
a more "commercial" set list like this would be performed, but I wouldn't
expect Trent & co. to be a part of it.

[De-Lurk off]

Jay Nabedian
St. Francis, WI
jwhi...@earth.execpc.com

Chp N Chic

Jan 1, 1995, 9:27:14 PM1/1/95
Are all of you people blind or just ignorant, the only consistent touring
member of the band, James Wooley, left the band.

Open your eyes people

Susan Roston

Jan 1, 1995, 9:22:08 PM1/1/95

sounds like they were just varying the set list a bit. this is after all the
"third leg" of the tour. the only song there they didn't play this tour was
physical. also, maybe they didn't want to do an encore, just the whole show.
idunno. I'd get bored of the same ol' same ol'
I guess we'll see in coming weeks, but I don't think there is any corporate
alarm to be wary of.

--michael roston--tarnished golden boy--

Jason Patterson

Jan 1, 1995, 11:15:45 PM1/1/95
Jay Nabedian (jwhi...@earth.execpc.com) wrote:
: [De-lurk on]

: Well, I just got back (Milwaukee) from the Detroit New Year's Eve
: concert. This was my third NIN show in four months. September in
: Milwaukee, November in Madison, and now Detroit.

well do you remember if james wooley was playing? did you see him onstage at
all? some aol guy is claiming he left the band... which would be quite
bad. please.. if you just saw him for a wink.. tell us.. he says the 12/28
show was a rehersal for missing wooley... arghh... and if wooley played at
the 12/31 show then everything's okay i guess.. hmmmmrmm.. latre..

jason patterson . cru...@freenet.scri.fsu.edu //| // // //| // scene n._.n
ncruncher : irc . pat...@scri4d.scri.fsu.edu //||// // //||// missing `o o'
number cruncher . pat...@dirac.scri.fsu.edu // |// // // |// #0062048 (~@~)

the nin home page is at www link: "http://www.scri.fsu.edu/~patters/nin.html"
"i'm stuck in this dream it's changing me i am becoming" - trent reznor - nin

Susan Roston

Jan 1, 1995, 11:27:13 PM1/1/95
In article <3e7oa2$e...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
you know asshole, I just flamed you about this. why don't you tell us before
you start talking from some subterranean mountain you've established in yer
rotational little mind??

yes, the story goes that trent screwed james over on something he did for trent
musically, I have no idea what.

--michael roston--tarnished golden boy--

Jason Patterson

Jan 2, 1995, 12:45:11 AM1/2/95
Susan Roston (sro...@merle.acns.nwu.edu) wrote:
: yes, the story goes that trent screwed james over on something he did for trent

: musically, I have no idea what.

i believe it was wooley who originalls wrote Hotdogs Used as Stimuli, which
trent stole and released on bfpt 9336-9... apparently it was based on a
personal experience so wooley got extra pissed and started throwing mayonaise
leading to an all-out dairy battle.. latre..

Coni Warren

Jan 2, 1995, 6:40:46 AM1/2/95
In article <3e7mju$b...@homer.alpha.net>,

Jay Nabedian <jwhi...@earth.execpc.com> wrote:
>Well, I just got back (Milwaukee) from the Detroit New Year's Eve
>concert. This was my third NIN show in four months. September in
>Milwaukee, November in Madison, and now Detroit.
>
>Both Milwaukee and Madison had nearly identical set lists (with the
>exception of an encore in Madison). But Detroit was radically different:
>gone were some of what I consider the weaker live songs (piggy, ruiner),
>and the whole set was just a bit more up-tempo.

This is not a new setlist, or special to just that show. It was used for
the last leg of the tour. This was the set list I heard when I saw them
back in October. They seem to start using it more in December to the
present. I saw them two times before October with the old set list. I
liked the last one best because more songs were added, it was a longer
show, and I got to hear "I Do No Want This" and "Hurt".

--
8=========================================================================)
| Coni Warren | "Perverts on your knees, for what you're |

James Bagley

Jan 2, 1995, 7:01:36 PM1/2/95
Isn't it possible that James was pissed that they dropped Big Man with
a Gun from the LIVE setlist? I was under the assumption that they
colloborated or something.
--
bag...@freenet.fsu.edu | I use a freenet just to read alt.music.nin !

Jay Nabedian

Jan 3, 1995, 12:48:53 AM1/3/95
Jason Patterson (pat...@dirac.scri.fsu.edu) wrote:

: Jay Nabedian (jwhi...@earth.execpc.com) wrote:
: : [De-lurk on]

: : Well, I just got back (Milwaukee) from the Detroit New Year's Eve
: : concert. This was my third NIN show in four months. September in
: : Milwaukee, November in Madison, and now Detroit.

: well do you remember if james wooley was playing? did you see him onstage at
: all? some aol guy is claiming he left the band... which would be quite
: bad. please.. if you just saw him for a wink.. tell us.. he says the 12/28
: show was a rehersal for missing wooley... arghh... and if wooley played at
: the 12/31 show then everything's okay i guess.. hmmmmrmm.. latre..

Well, I don't have all the faces placed with names, but it sure looked
like the same guys. There were five guys on stage: Trent (DUH),
guitatirst with the funky hair to the right (Robin?), guitarist/
keyboardist to the left (?), drummer (Chris), and keyboardist
on a riser (?). My seats were not the best, so I really could not see
their faces as well as in the past. When I see them Jan. 18th in
Milwaukee I will be sure to be in the pit and will be able to see if any
new faces are there.

Elana

Jan 3, 1995, 1:21:41 PM1/3/95
pat...@dirac.scri.fsu.edu (Jason Patterson) gracefully intoned:

>Susan Roston (sro...@merle.acns.nwu.edu) wrote:
>: yes, the story goes that trent screwed james over on something he did for trent
>: musically, I have no idea what.

>i believe it was wooley who originalls wrote Hotdogs Used as Stimuli, which
>trent stole and released on bfpt 9336-9... apparently it was based on a
>personal experience so wooley got extra pissed and started throwing mayonaise
>leading to an all-out dairy battle.. latre..

I dunno. I think Trent promised Wooley he'd pay for some weed, and Trent never
paid up, and Wooley had to foot the bill.
I know that would piss ME off.
Love,
pf

--
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
mother is the name for god on the lips and hearts of all children. -- The Crow
gonna smash myself to pieces gonna fuck myself up i am sifting through the
ashes of what i have become i gave myself away now i'm nothing--Trent Reznor
Elana, akak piggyfucker, aka prowess, as always arm...@netcom.com
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Elana

Jan 3, 1995, 2:05:26 PM1/3/95

>Jay Nabedian <jwhi...@earth.execpc.com> wrote:
>>Well, I just got back (Milwaukee) from the Detroit New Year's Eve
>>concert. This was my third NIN show in four months. September in
>>Milwaukee, November in Madison, and now Detroit.
>>
>>Both Milwaukee and Madison had nearly identical set lists (with the
>>exception of an encore in Madison). But Detroit was radically different:
>>gone were some of what I consider the weaker live songs (piggy, ruiner),
>>and the whole set was just a bit more up-tempo.

"ruiner" WEAK?!?!?!? AAAAAAAARGH! Wiberg, we need to set these phucks
straight!
RUINER is the best NIN song in existence besides terrible lie. Fuck hurt. Fuck
something i can whine about. Fuck head up his ass.
RUINER!
RUINER!
RUINER!

Elana

Jan 4, 1995, 2:05:31 PM1/4/95
sro...@merle.acns.nwu.edu (Susan Roston) writes:

>In article <armandD...@netcom.com>, Elana <arm...@netcom.com> wrote:
>>RUINER is the best NIN song in existence besides terrible lie. Fuck hurt. Fuck
>>something i can whine about. Fuck head up his ass.

>that's great elana. other's opinions are wrong in the face of yours. lovely.
>why don't you start posting to alt.music.alternative?? I'm sorry, I just
>think that is really shit talk.

What the fuck, Mike? I thought you'd know me a little better than that. I was
*KIDDING*. When I wrote that, I was laughing. Sorry if I don't put a fucking
smiley face after everything I say or some other little reminder that I'm
joking.
Jesus Christ.
Thanks, Mr. Net.cop, for making my day a little less cool than it needded to
be.

Jay Nabedian

Jan 3, 1995, 7:58:13 PM1/3/95
Elana (arm...@netcom.com) wrote:

: >Jay Nabedian <jwhi...@earth.execpc.com> wrote:
: >>gone were some of what I consider the weaker live songs (piggy, ruiner),
: >>and the whole set was just a bit more up-tempo.

: "ruiner" WEAK?!?!?!? AAAAAAAARGH! Wiberg, we need to set these phucks
: straight!
: RUINER is the best NIN song in existence besides terrible lie. Fuck hurt. Fuck
: something i can whine about. Fuck head up his ass.
: RUINER!
: RUINER!
: RUINER!
: Love,
: pf
: --

My apologies! Actually, I do truly love ruiner. As I was writing that,
my head said "eraser" (which was played), my fingers typed "ruiner." No
intention of upsetting anyone.

Susan Roston

Jan 3, 1995, 10:34:47 PM1/3/95