Industrial Ska

Missy17543

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

Is there such a thing? My boyfriend loves Nin and I like ska and he wants me in
his band so do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

SilntNoise

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

>Is there such a thing? My boyfriend loves Nin and I like ska and he wants me
>in
>his band so do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

Just for something to do,i want to make a Gothic Ska band. Itd be great!!!
"happy" horn section playing while guy with deep voice on lead vocals sayin "i
hate life,life is soo dull,im soooo gothic".
Its a thought! too bad its only been that for a couple o months now

R˙an

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

Unfortunately, missy...@aol.com (Missy17543) wrote:

>Is there such a thing? My boyfriend loves Nin and I like ska and he wants me in
>his band so do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

I could've gone my whole life without hearing that...

"One who doesn't care is one who shouldn't be"
- Layne Staley

ruiner

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

Missy17543 <missy...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199803221739...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

you're not serious...are you???

ruiner

Godwithgun

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

missy...@aol.com (Missy17543) wrote:

> do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

I think Industrial Ska sounds like a good name for a toilet bowl cleaner.

-bartley (now with scrubbing bubbles)

Rafael Alejandro Hinojosa

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

It might be kind of cool, just look what NIN is doing with Bowie and the
acid jazz as well as working with rap acts to add some difference to the new
music. I say you should give it a go...
Rafael Alejandro Hinojosa
610-690-5012
rhin...@swarthmore.edu
rhi...@sccs.swarthmore.edu
hino...@cs.swarthmore.edu

----------
In article <199803221739...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
missy...@aol.com (Missy17543) wrote:

Is there such a thing? My boyfriend loves Nin and I like ska and he wants me
in

his band so do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

420

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

There's an idea for the NEXT nin album (after the Fragile)

420

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

let me add something------> If trent can make Hip Hop good (we'll see if
he can or not), making Ska good could be his next challenge. It'd be
pretty tough, but hey, its Trent

Austin Thompson

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

I don't think ska and industrial would mix well. Industrial usually has
a darker mmod while ska is all happy and shit. Industrial tends to have
a slow, powerful beat which speeds up sometimes, while ska is fast as
hell and stays that way. But what do you mean by ska? Do you mean big
bands with trumpets and brass shit or do you mean the beat and light
heartedness?
Austin T.
ruiner wrote:

> Missy17543 <missy...@aol.com> wrote in article
> <199803221739...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
> >

> > do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

AngelOfAsh

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

> Is there such a thing? My boyfriend loves Nin and I like ska and he
wants me in
> his band so do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?
Well, I've heard swing metal, so I imagine this would be possible. Whether
it'd work would depend on how it was executed, I guess.

Kevin

Joseph Roughley

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

> Missy17543 <missy...@aol.com> wrote

> > do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

Well, you would have to make ska sound good first.

Shannon Robert Burge

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

On 22 Mar 1998, Missy17543 wrote:

> Is there such a thing? My boyfriend loves Nin and I like ska and he wants me in

> his band so do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

Happy gothic ska-dustrial tunes!

NIN does Sugar Ray:

"i just wanna die"

SRB

Cyclopatra

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

Missy17543 wrote:

> Is there such a thing? My boyfriend loves Nin and I like ska and he wants me in
> his band so do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?

rockin'. go for it. i have a friend who does what he calls "gothic
disco" - industrial ska would be cool....

Cyclopatra
--
Cyclo...@nospam.bc.sympatico.ca - you figger out which part to remove
OR

Cyclopatra - with two scoop of raisins!

Danse Macabre

Mar 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/23/98

In alt.music.nin, ogopogo@*removethis*mindspring.com (R˙an) wrote:

>Unfortunately, missy...@aol.com (Missy17543) wrote:
>
>>Is there such a thing? My boyfriend loves Nin and I like ska and he wants me in
>>his band so do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?
>

>I could've gone my whole life without hearing that...

Which brings forth the question: Where were you... The day you 1st
heard the term "Industrial Rock?"

Danse

PS. To be perfectly honest, I was too busy following the herd to really
give a shit.

(grins)

marius

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

Godwithgun wrote in message
<199803222008...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>missy...@aol.com (Missy17543) wrote:
>
>> do you think industrial ska would be kinda cool?
>

>I think Industrial Ska sounds like a good name for a toilet bowl cleaner.
>
>-bartley (now with scrubbing bubbles)

LOL! this is the first time i _actually_ laughed out loud. damn funny.

marius

id.com...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2020, 4:50:23 PM6/16/20
Missy17543 please tell me this happened