Impressions of MtoP single....

ANDY

Mar 1, 1994, 7:36:57 PM3/1/94
I finally found a place that was selling the single... they had been selling
it since Friday. Anyway, I feel a bit blue-balled by the whole thing... I
guess I was expecting mebbe a different sound from Trent.

March of the Pigs - Sounds too much like "Wish" and "Gave Up" for my tastes..
and the little piano part is absolutely lame... I cringe when I get
to that part.

Reptilian - Much better track, methinks... I guess this is a remix so I'll
have to wait to see what I think of the original. It's very "drummy"
though... and sometimes reminds me of Happiness... esp. in some
of the sampled sounds used.

All the pigs, all lined up - A little better than the original... this ver.
has a sample from "Gave Up" in it...

A Violet Fluid - nothing

Underneath the Skin- Sounds like just a drum track with "reptile" thrown
in to give it some definition.

Forgive me if I'm too harsh... but most of these songs are annoying. However
I did really like the first mix of Reptile... it was really cool.

Andy

--
this space intentionally left empty

Shepherd B Kendall

Mar 1, 1994, 10:40:49 PM3/1/94
> Reptilian - Much better track, methinks... I guess this is a remix so I'll
> have to wait to see what I think of the original. It's very "drummy"
> though... and sometimes reminds me of Happiness... esp. in some
> of the sampled sounds used.

Speculation: I believe that Trent used some of the same samples from the bridge-loop
in Happiness In Slavery as background loops in Reptilian. Then again, since Dave
Olgive remixed it and I haven't heard the album version of "Reptile" I can't say for
sure.

But I do know "Reptile"'s about a chick and not about AIDS (as was speculated before.).