NIN in Dayton on 12-29

too...@muvms6.wvnet.edu

Dec 31, 1994, 12:57:22 AM12/31/94
From: too...@muvms6.wvnet.edu
Date: 31 Dec 94 07:57:22 EDT

I caught NIN in Dayton on 12-29 It was the best show I've seen in a while.
PWEI open along with JIM Rose. The place was just insane. I say if you get
the cahnce check it out. yf

--
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
If You Choose Not To Deicide,

Now I'm Nothing

Jim Tooley ----- too...@muvms6.mu.wvnet.edu

| via: UTI Systems BBS (815) 942-2930 Welcome my son, to the machine. |

too...@muvms6.wvnet.edu

Dec 31, 1994, 6:57:22 AM12/31/94

tj milian

Dec 31, 1994, 5:08:13 PM12/31/94

>From: too...@muvms6.wvnet.edu

>I caught NIN in Dayton on 12-29 It was the best show I've seen in a while.
>PWEI open along with JIM Rose. The place was just insane. I say if you get
>the cahnce check it out. yf

usual 2nd leg set list...the only time ("this is an old fuckin' song")
instead of ruiner...closer, dead souls, and sicnh were the encore

highlights: trent not being able to throw enough water bottles into the crowd,
so he went back a threw a whole box of them at us

reznor also did many of the same things he does at practically every show:
jumping into the moat for people to touch and sing during down in it
trying to push robin into the pit...he landed in the moat though
throwing his mic into the pit
he threw a shirt and water bottle to me...that was cool

there was abuse to the instruments, but less than usual. i don't think any
keys were broken off the keyboards...trent waited too long during happiness,
so the band had to extend the song a little while trent went back for the old
portable casio. for some reason, he couldn't bring it out to kill it.

trent came out during pinion wearing a long sleeve black shirt (maybe wool).
it had a black backwards "n" on the front (which was kinda hard to see)
he was also wearing a black ski cap with his hair tucked under.
it was weird when i first saw that because i remember thinking..."i've seen
him wearing this on-stage before, but i thought the other band members wore
ski caps, too." then in the encore, some of the band members (except trent)
came out in the ski caps....serious deja vu? or has the band ever actually
worn that stuff before?

i don't know if the t-shirt stand has been discussed on amn recently
there's a new shirt for 1995...on the front: a picture of rope going into a
spiral with "nine inch nails" written sideways next to it on the left.
the back has "further down the spiral", a nin logo, and "1995" written
sideways down the right side...cool shirt...in black, it's short-sleeved.
in white, it's long-sleeved.
they were also selling ski caps with nin logos....for $18!

although i love mm, it was nice to see a different opening act (pwei)
rim rose was there....i can't stand them anymore
overall, it was a pretty cool show (though not as great as the surprise show
the night before...anybody know the set list for that one?).
one of my friends got on-stage and bumped into trent before jumping back in
the pit. the crowd was decent, but not too crazy (for a nin show, that is).

trent didn't mention maise or anything about the show being postponed

-tj (falling further down the spiral)
ninininininininininininininininininininininininininininininin
i mili...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu i
ninininininininininininininininininininininininininininininin