The Waitresses- interview

1 view

Jason Gross

Sep 30, 2013, 10:02:45 PM9/30/13
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

THE WAITRESSES
Main courses & greasy spoons: Chris Butler interview by Jason Gross
"Though new wave fans might just remember them for "I Know What Boys Like," New York's Waitresses served many other appetizing dishes than that. Starting out from the ashes of under-rated odd-ball art-pop/rockers Tin Huey, proud Ohio native Chris Butler turned a small project with singer Patty Donahue in the late 70's into a full-time concern as they transplanted themselves into Gotham, rounding up a full band that included Television's drummer and former members of
no-wave legends the Contortions. The misunderstood "Boys" became a surprise hit in '82 and the band followed up with the now-classic holiday tune "Christmas Wrapping" and the theme song for TV show Square Pegs."

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason