Magazine- Howard Devoto interview, Generation X article

Jason Gross

Jan 31, 2012, 11:41:20 PM1/31/12
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://
www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

GENERATION X
Was Billy Idol ever really a punk?- by Jason Gusmann
"Stylistic complexity wasn’t a problem for the English punk band
Generation X – however, they had a pretty serious ideology problem, at
least by punk rock standards. To just listen to them as we did, in
the light of 1985, we didn’t hear any issues – just a great poppy punk
band. Coming of age a few years after the first wave of punk, we
weren’t really caught up in any ideological arguments about the old
vs. the new – it was all rock n roll to us anyway..."

MAGAZINE
Howard Devoto interviewed- by Robert Pally
"After 30 years, the influential English Post-Punk-Band Magazine
(which first existed from 1977-1981) returns with a new, fifth album
called 'No thyself'. In the interview, singer Howard Devoto gives
sharp answers to questions about monsters, being influential, success
and talking to yourself."

Listen to our playlist of artists from this issue on Spotify: <http://
open.spotify.com/user/jgrossnas/playlist/3lxAWtNrKSBHN576MoKu7w>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if
you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason