Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today.
Dismiss

New Order/JoyDivision, Depech Mode, Laibach, Krafwerk = Neo-Nazis

27 views
Skip to first unread message

Dirk Pehrke

unread,
Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
to
This is silly shit. Your way of thinking is as complex as the world-view
of the nazis. A maybe rude line like "All dressed in uniforms so
fine/they drank and killed to pass their time" reveals far more about
fashism as may fit into your small brain. And again, germans (I'm one
too) are telling the world, foreigners prefered, who are "nazis".
Laibach have a very complex strategy of playing with the symbols - what
they call "heavy signs" - of stalinism and fashism. It's a bit risky and
I don't like it nor am I interested in their strategy, but it's 1000
miles beyond your niveau. There maybe is a relation to "totalitarism" in
the works of many of the best artists of the last decades. We haven't
understood it yet. There is that funny or maybe not so funny
relationship to the german past in the music of Kraftwerk. But this is
art. Art doesn't have "opinions". Great Works never reduce themselves to
cheap moral statements. It's a kind of an always risky game with the
things you are related to, you are involved, if you like it or not. When
someday we really now, what's the heart of fashism, of human terror - we
will be thankfull for the works of that courageous artists that let us
see inside of things. But no thanx to people like you.
Excuse my english. It's even worse, when I get angry.
Greetings to the people with brains, hearts and ears!
Dirk

Lothar Krebs schrieb:
>
> On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:26:52 -0800, "Pravda" <Pra...@tass.ru> wrote:
>
> >When are people going to wake up to the Nazi infiltration of
> >alternative music? New Order/JoyDivision, Depeche Mode, Laibach,
> >Kraftwerk are all Nazi bands. Everyone knows New Order are Nazis and
> >their lead singer is a big fan of Rudolf Hess. Depech Mode's work
> >like music for the masses and Black Celebration are homages to the
> >Thrid Riech. Laibach is named after the name of their Romanian
> >city under Nazi occupation. Kraftwork produce monotonous Nazi like
> >music that sings the praises of Machinery and Nazi triumps like the
> >Autobahn network Hitler created for his tanks. You fuckin' Nazis!
> >DiE!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> >Pravda
> Kraftwerk are not Nazis.
>
> Lothar

Persi

unread,
Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
to
In article <362c7d84...@news.de>, n...@nothome.de says...

>
>On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:26:52 -0800, "Pravda" <Pra...@tass.ru> wrote:
>
>>When are people going to wake up to the Nazi infiltration of
>>alternative music? New Order/JoyDivision, Depeche Mode, Laibach,
>>Kraftwerk are all Nazi bands.

Interesting, since Kraftwerk had a huge influence on hip-hop and techno, 2
genres of music that were invented by blacks.

Besides, this is obviously a lame attempt to start a cross-posted flame war.
Grow up!

--
In My CD Changer/Stereo:

The Kinks - Face To Face
Diskono (Y) 7"
PJ Harvey - Is This Desire?






Ragnarok^

unread,
Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
to
Lothar Krebs wrote:
>
> On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:26:52 -0800, "Pravda" <Pra...@tass.ru> wrote:
>
> >When are people going to wake up to the Nazi infiltration of
> >alternative music? New Order/JoyDivision, Depeche Mode, Laibach,
> >Kraftwerk are all Nazi bands. Everyone knows New Order are Nazis and
> >their lead singer is a big fan of Rudolf Hess. Depech Mode's work
> >like music for the masses and Black Celebration are homages to the
> >Thrid Riech. Laibach is named after the name of their Romanian
> >city under Nazi occupation. Kraftwork produce monotonous Nazi like
> >music that sings the praises of Machinery and Nazi triumps like the
> >Autobahn network Hitler created for his tanks. You fuckin' Nazis!
> >DiE!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> >Pravda
> Kraftwerk are not Nazis.
>
> Lothar
I don't think I'll dignify this with a response.

ribman

unread,
Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
to
come on kids. depeche mode are gay, not very nazi-like. on the other hand
there ARE many real neo nazi bands, why didnt bozo mention any of those??
joy div/new order just played on the motif from an ignorant angle.
kraftwerk are merely the machines who repeat themselves and cant come up
with anything new now that theyre on the spot. no nazis here, and it's a
fine thing. pq


FatAss

unread,
Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
to
On 3 Oct 1998, cow...@NOSPAN.earthlink.net (Persi) wrote:

>In article <362c7d84...@news.de>, n...@nothome.de says...
>>

>>On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:26:52 -0800, "Pravda" <Pra...@tass.ru> wrote:
>>
>>>When are people going to wake up to the Nazi infiltration of
>>>alternative music? New Order/JoyDivision, Depeche Mode, Laibach,
>>>Kraftwerk are all Nazi bands.
>

>Interesting, since Kraftwerk had a huge influence on hip-hop and techno, 2
>genres of music that were invented by blacks.
>

I see. White band Kraftwerk pioneer the electronic music that later
hugely influenced techno and hip-hop. But the genres were actually
created by the blacks who stole the idea, not the white pioneers? Mmm.
Yes, very interesting.

I guess this is the argument of black racists and Nazis like Spike Lee
and Louis "Hitler was a very great man" Farrakhan who like to blame
all their problems on other people (just like white Nazis do) and
claim blacks invented all or most literature, art and music forms but
they were stolen by the evil white man. Of course.

Adolf Hitler was a huge influence on black dictators like Idi Amin,
and we know that black racist imbeciles like Farrakhan also admire
him, so what conclusion do we draw from that? Hitler wasn't a Nazi
because blacks are influenced by him?

If only the bands mentioned here weren't burdened with filthy white
skin, they could get away with using Nazi symbolism and even rhetoric,
couldn't they?

Only whites can be condemned as fascists/Nazis after all.

Persi

unread,
Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
to
In article <361cadb2...@news.org>, FatAss101@*.*hotmail.com says...

>I see. White band Kraftwerk pioneer the electronic music that later
>hugely influenced techno and hip-hop. But the genres were actually
>created by the blacks who stole the idea, not the white pioneers? Mmm.
>Yes, very interesting.

Learn the difference between influence and stealing. Then get back to me when
there is some margin of intelligence in your retorts.

>Hitler wasn't a Nazi
>because blacks are influenced by him?

And Kraftwerk are Nazis because they are from Germany? So does that mean that
all German people are nazis because of where they're from? So I suppose all
Arabs are terrorists and all whites are KKK, because we live in the same coutry
where the KKK dwells.

Fandar

unread,
Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
to
Actually I think I am more offened by him calling these bands
"alternative". I think thats where the real flame war lies.

PS I wasnt saying I am not offended by Nazis.
--
Fandar
When replying remove GOAWAY.

"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart. My land's only borders
lie around my heart" The Russian

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True
nobility is being superior to your former self" Thom Yorke?

ajw...@ix.netcom.com

unread,
Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
to
Lothar Krebs wrote:
>
> On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:26:52 -0800, "Pravda" <Pra...@tass.ru> wrote:
>
> >When are people going to wake up to the Nazi infiltration of
> >alternative music? New Order/JoyDivision, Depeche Mode, Laibach,
> >Kraftwerk are all Nazi bands. Everyone knows New Order are Nazis and
> >their lead singer is a big fan of Rudolf Hess. Depech Mode's work
> >like music for the masses and Black Celebration are homages to the
> >Thrid Riech. Laibach is named after the name of their Romanian
> >city under Nazi occupation. Kraftwork produce monotonous Nazi like
> >music that sings the praises of Machinery and Nazi triumps like the
> >Autobahn network Hitler created for his tanks. You fuckin' Nazis!
> >DiE!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> >Pravda

Dont forget the Bundeswehr tank tops and the "Tin Drum" imagery of the
Nazi mastermind behind JD and NO, Herr Sumner/Albrecht!!! And what
about those arm-bands, thin ties and black leather caps that Herr Hook
used to wear?!?!! And all of the backwards-masking "propoganda" that is
all over Closer and Unknown Pleasures?!?!?! Isnt it strange how the
producer, Martin Hannett, isnt with us any more???? And Trevor Key??
gone!!... doesnt all of this fit into a larger, insidious,
Nazi-sympathizing plot? And now I hear they are going to tear down the
Hacienda to build... Nazi condos????

Nothing happens by chance... its all part of the puzzle... beam me up,
Pravda ;)

Greg Gasiorowski

unread,
Oct 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/4/98
to

ribman wrote in message <36169C93...@hotmail.com>...

>come on kids. depeche mode are gay, not very nazi-like.

Hmm, so nazi's can't be gay?, I bet a few are/were...

Fat Ass

unread,
Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to
On 3 Oct 1998, cow...@NOSPAN.earthlink.net (Persi) wrote:

>In article <361cadb2...@news.org>, FatAss101@*.*hotmail.com says...
>
>>I see. White band Kraftwerk pioneer the electronic music that later
>>hugely influenced techno and hip-hop. But the genres were actually
>>created by the blacks who stole the idea, not the white pioneers? Mmm.
>>Yes, very interesting.
>
>Learn the difference between influence and stealing.

Perhaps you can explain it to me, music guru? Cite some examples while
you're at it, because I keep hearing from blacks that they invented
music and paleface stole it from them. Or is that it? Blacks are
influenced; whites steal?

>Then get back to me when
>there is some margin of intelligence in your retorts.
>

Whatever you say Einstein...

>>Hitler wasn't a Nazi
>>because blacks are influenced by him?
>
>And Kraftwerk are Nazis because they are from Germany?

Sorry, Einstein. Don't remember writing that.

>So does that mean that
>all German people are nazis because of where they're from?

Doh! Stoopid old me has forgotten writing that as well. Perhaps you
can quote it for me, intelligent one?

>So I suppose all
>Arabs are terrorists and all whites are KKK, because we live in the same coutry
>where the KKK dwells.

Thanks, now I know the level of "intelligence" you meant. Ignore what
I wrote, invent some extremist nonsense I didn't write and answer that
several times over.

I don't believe all Germans are Nazis and all Arabs are terrorists
(only the Pentagon and Jewish-run Hollywood believes that). Since
whoever simplified the article to your imagined intelligence level
obviously lost something in translation, I'll explain again. Your
'argument' was that Kraftwerk were not Nazis because black people were
hugely influenced by them. I don't know whether they are Nazis or not,
I merely pointed out the obvious flaw in your article that implied
that those who influence blacks (like Kraftwerk) could not, for that
reason itself, be Nazis, by citing just two examples of blacks who
were influenced by or admired Hitler.

What's wrong? Don't you like it when someone points out that blacks
are just as unpleasant, bigoted and stupid as the worst kind of whites
when they get the chance?

cart...@charnwood.gb.astra.com

unread,
Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to
In article <36170B...@ix.netcom.com>,

Last time you posted this slanderous rubbish yopu mentioned book references
which you claim prove NO were fascist, I asked you for the references (book
title, author and catalogue no.)as i had never read anything like that in
any NO/JD biogs i have read. You ignored this request as you obviously made
the book claims up.......

Quite with the slander and shit stirring and go and do something useful like
fighting against real fascists.

Arsehole

Ian

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Juha Y

unread,
Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to
Depeche Mode a nazi band? Ha ahaa haaa!!!

vik...@cit.org.by

unread,
Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to
In article <36313833...@news.org>,

FatAss101@*.*hotmail.com (Fat Ass) wrote:
> On 3 Oct 1998, cow...@NOSPAN.earthlink.net (Persi) wrote:
[snip]

>
> I don't believe all Germans are Nazis and all Arabs are terrorists
> (only the Pentagon and Jewish-run Hollywood believes that). Since
^^^^^^^^^^

I'm sure that in a recent history people like you shouted "Heil Hitler" much
louder than another Nazis.

Eugene Zaikonnikov.

Jose De La

unread,
Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to
When r u gonna wake up from your little Hanson, Spice Girl, mainstream,
narrow -minded little world you ignorant!!!...How many times have N/O worked
with black musicians, athletes (W-I-M). Or better yet, who discovered N/O
for the US ? Mr. Q-Jones himself..A BLACK MAN. Whom N/O had to say " WE LOVE
YOU!!" Yeah...they are nazis allright! Depeche Mode...???..What da''..YOU
ARE A LOSER!!!! and OK, let's not drive V W s or Jeeps because they were
developed by Nazi Germany everyone else we are Nazis too...Laibach being the
name of a city occupied by Nazi Germany, let's scratch off the names of the
cities in 80% of Europe which were once occupied by Hitler because if anyone
dares to use them..Oh I guess that makes them Nazis too!!!...

SHUT up and Go away...


Lothar Krebs wrote in message <362c7d84...@news.de>...


>On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:26:52 -0800, "Pravda" <Pra...@tass.ru> wrote:
>
>>When are people going to wake up to the Nazi infiltration of
>>alternative music? New Order/JoyDivision, Depeche Mode, Laibach,
>>Kraftwerk are all Nazi bands. Everyone knows New Order are Nazis and
>>their lead singer is a big fan of Rudolf Hess. Depech Mode's work
>>like music for the masses and Black Celebration are homages to the
>>Thrid Riech. Laibach is named after the name of their Romanian
>>city under Nazi occupation. Kraftwork produce monotonous Nazi like
>>music that sings the praises of Machinery and Nazi triumps like the
>>Autobahn network Hitler created for his tanks. You fuckin' Nazis!
>>DiE!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>Pravda

David Sanchez

unread,
Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to
On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, "Reidar Ekman" <Ek...@Viking.Net> said:

>Very interesting Jew-boy. How about you keep your big nose Jewish
>lies out of alt.music.white-power? Oh, and get out of Palestine and
> back to Jew York where you belong.
>
>Reidar Ekman
>
Screw you Nazi you dont hav a clue about history or fact all you do is
lie about Jews and deny Holocaust ever took place. Since you hat Jews
so much I thought you be proud of it?


>Shimon wrote in message <361e42b9...@news.netvision.net.il>...


> >Fat Ass wrote:
> >
> >>I don't believe all Germans are Nazis and all Arabs are terrorists
> >>(only the Pentagon and Jewish-run Hollywood believes that). Since
> >

> >Typical ignorant Goyim shit. Fuck you Nazi. You white American shits.
> >Israel is the best friend you have in the world and all you ever
> >fucking do is make racist slanders. Give me some facts Nazi-lover.
> >What percentage of Hollywood or the Pentagon is Jewish-run? Without
> >the Jewish state you'd be paying 50 dollars to fill your car at the
> >mercy of oil rich Arab blackmailers. Israel is the only democracy in
> >the middle east - no Arab, Muslim or (apart from South Africa) even
> >African nation is a democracy. Why should they be treated equally when
> >they show such little interest in their own human rights?
> >Fucking Nazi piece of shit.
> > ____________________________
> > | |
> > |____________________________|
> >
> > /\
> > ____/_ \____
> > \ ___\ \ /
> > \/ / \/ /
> > / /\__/_/\
> > /__\ \_____\
> > \ /
> > \/
> > ____________________________
> > | |
> > |____________________________|
> >
> >


Fandar

unread,
Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to
vik...@cit.org.by wrote:

> > I don't believe all Germans are Nazis and all Arabs are terrorists
> > (only the Pentagon and Jewish-run Hollywood believes that). Since

> ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I'm sure that in a recent history people like you shouted "Heil Hitler" much
> louder than another Nazis.
>
> Eugene Zaikonnikov.
>

I took what he was saying to be sarcasm.

Richard L Miller

unread,
Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to
"Reidar Ekman" <Ek...@Viking.Net> wrote:

>Very interesting Jew-boy. How about you keep your big nose Jewish
>lies out of alt.music.white-power? Oh, and get out of Palestine and
> back to Jew York where you belong.
>
>Reidar Ekman
>
Geez is that the best you Nazis can do, "Jew" York. Ho ho. You truly
are complete dumbasses. Go away, loser.

Richard L Miller

>Shimon wrote in message <361e42b9...@news.netvision.net.il>...
> >Fat Ass wrote:
> >
> >>I don't believe all Germans are Nazis and all Arabs are terrorists
> >>(only the Pentagon and Jewish-run Hollywood believes that). Since
> >
> >Typical ignorant Goyim shit. Fuck you Nazi. You white American shits.
> >Israel is the best friend you have in the world and all you ever
> >fucking do is make racist slanders. Give me some facts Nazi-lover.
> >What percentage of Hollywood or the Pentagon is Jewish-run? Without
> >the Jewish state you'd be paying 50 dollars to fill your car at the
> >mercy of oil rich Arab blackmailers. Israel is the only democracy in
> >the middle east - no Arab, Muslim or (apart from South Africa) even
> >African nation is a democracy. Why should they be treated equally when
> >they show such little interest in their own human rights?
> >Fucking Nazi piece of shit.
> > ____________________________
> > | |
> > |____________________________|
> >
> > /\
> > ____/_ \____
> > \ ___\ \ /
> > \/ / \/ /
> > / /\__/_/\
> > /__\ \_____\
> > \ /
> > \/
> > ____________________________
> > | |
> > |____________________________|
> >
> >















-**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet

Nitin Batra

unread,
Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
to David Sanchez

Depeche Mode song: "Well we're different colors / and we're different
creeds/ and different people have different needs.
It's obvious you hate me though I've done nothing
wrong/I've never even met you so what could i have done?
I don't understand/ What makes a man hate another man/
Help me understand...People are people so why should it be/that you-'n-i
could get along so awfully.." how does it go after that?
Batra


Fat Ass

unread,
Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
to

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep
Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep
Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep
Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep
(repeat to fade).

In other words just like every other Mode track from that period.

Fat Ass

Fat Ass

unread,
Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
to
On Mon, 05 Oct 1998 20:45:29 -0700, Fandar <Fileue...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>vik...@cit.org.by wrote:
>
>> > I don't believe all Germans are Nazis and all Arabs are terrorists
>> > (only the Pentagon and Jewish-run Hollywood believes that). Since

>> ^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> I'm sure that in a recent history people like you shouted "Heil Hitler" much
>> louder than another Nazis.
>>
>> Eugene Zaikonnikov.
>>
>
>I took what he was saying to be sarcasm.

Correct.

Pssyche

unread,
Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
to
In article <362c7d84...@news.de>, "Lothar Krebs" <n...@nothome.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:26:52 -0800, "Pravda" <Pra...@tass.ru> wrote:
>
> >When are people going to wake up to the Nazi infiltration of
> >alternative music?

1. Right now, actually. Wake up! Alternative music is Nazi infiltrated!


New Order/JoyDivision, Depeche Mode, Laibach,
> >Kraftwerk are all Nazi bands.

2. Yes sir! Yes, they are. And don´t we all love it!

Everyone knows New Order are Nazis and
> >their lead singer is a big fan of Rudolf Hess.

3. Yes we do! (So why do we need to wake up, then, you might ask...)


Depech Mode's work
> >like music for the masses and Black Celebration are homages to the
> >Thrid Riech.

4. Ja!Laibach is named after the name of their Romanian
> >city under Nazi occupation.

5. Ja!

Kraftwork produce monotonous Nazi like
> >music that sings the praises of Machinery and Nazi triumps like the
> >Autobahn network Hitler created for his tanks.

6. Yes!

You fuckin' Nazis!

7.That´s right, Commie Wanker!

> >DiE!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. We´ll all, sooner or later. Now be a good boy and drink your Vodka,
Ivan.

Erik - Norwegian Nazi of the first Order.

Dee Dee

unread,
Jan 24, 2016, 2:29:22 PM1/24/16
to
On Friday, October 2, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ravi wrote:
> Okay , so what are you trying to say?/
> I don't think i am getting the gist, Of course they are Nazis .. i mean
> listen to thast up tempo joy exemplified by New Order .. they may have
> associated themselves with the Images but quickly discarded them for
> contemporary suave..... All work with the rigid drum machine beats and the
> monotony maybe Nazi-esque
> Depeche Mode obvious nazis with they drug fueled lifestyle giving
> themselves a dark view of the world and its cheery aspects.. The others i
> won't comment on as they are not in my field ..
>
> rav
> My view no one elses
> Lothar Krebs <n...@nothome.de> wrote in article
> <362c7d84...@news.de>...
Well, if you wanted to make a case, "Joy Division"'s name was taken from the he prostitution wing of a Nazi concentration camp mentioned in the 1955 novel House of Dolls. Depeche Mode's Music for the Masses has the song "Pimpf" on it named after either the Pimpfe (the youngest members of the Hitler Youth) or Der Pimpf, the propaganda boys magazine published by the Nazis. However, you'd have to go beyond a couple of Nazi references to really sell the idea that these bands are Nazi bands.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages