anyone heard the new eels album?

trouble maker

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
anyone heard the new eels album? tell me all about it! at least some
of my fave artists are releasing new material...

"Our history as it's portrayed is just a recipe for hate." - Bad Religion
http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/ http://www.ocsltd.com/thrillracer/

Persi

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
In article <389e7ff...@news.inetworld.net>, thr...@inetworld.netWTR says...

>anyone heard the new eels album? tell me all about it! at least some
>of my fave artists are releasing new material...

I've heard a few tracks and they sound great. I've yet to be disappointed by
anything E or the Eels have done.

--
on my stereo: kit clayton - nek sanalet

jackie 0

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
Persi wrote:

> I've heard a few tracks and they sound great. I've yet to be disappointed by
> anything E or the Eels have done.

Dear God, you can't tell me you like those E solo albums...

np:My Bloody Valentine, "Lose My Breath"
--
Hard like Tarot cards, behold the one-man million man march.
Rev. Jack Godsey.

Spiritual counsel and webmaster for Pegasi 51.
http://pegasi51.tripod.com

Persi

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
In article <389ED5...@planetc.com>, god...@planetc.com says...

>Persi wrote:
>
>> I've heard a few tracks and they sound great. I've yet to be disappointed by
>> anything E or the Eels have done.
>
>Dear God, you can't tell me you like those E solo albums...

Dear God....um, yeah!

--
on my stereo - hrvatski - oiseau 96-98

bnw

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
In article <zwwn4.7404$Mk2.2...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
cow...@NOSPAN.earthlink.net (Persi) wrote:

>In article <389e7ff...@news.inetworld.net>, thr...@inetworld.netWTR says...
>>
>>anyone heard the new eels album? tell me all about it! at least some
>>of my fave artists are releasing new material...
>

>I've heard a few tracks and they sound great. I've yet to be disappointed by
>anything E or the Eels have done.

Somehow "Electro-shock Blues" had slipped past me until I read you raving
about it a couple years ago, I think on rec.music.ambient of all places.
You deserve some props on that one as that album is, hands down, closer to
me then any other cd i own now. Nothing has topped it in 2 years as far
as sentimental value goes.

Any chance you found those new tracks on the web?

--
bnw...@artsci.wustl.edu DJ @ KWUR 90.3 FM Clayton, MO
spaceghost's drug haze wave, electronic, experimental

David Naylor

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
Persi wrote:

> In article <389ED5...@planetc.com>, god...@planetc.com says...
> >
> >Persi wrote:
> >

> >> I've heard a few tracks and they sound great. I've yet to be disappointed by
> >> anything E or the Eels have done.
> >

> >Dear God, you can't tell me you like those E solo albums...
>
> Dear God....um, yeah!

Wed March 8th - Eels playing Leicester University.

I think I might just go :)

--
David Naylor
mmc...@dmu.ac.uk

Persi

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00

>Somehow "Electro-shock Blues" had slipped past me until I read you raving
>about it a couple years ago, I think on rec.music.ambient of all places.
>You deserve some props on that one as that album is, hands down, closer to
>me then any other cd i own now. Nothing has topped it in 2 years as far
>as sentimental value goes.
>
>Any chance you found those new tracks on the web?

Sorry, my local college station has been playing the new stuff. I've been
looking all over for a promo of the album. Do you have their first album,
'Beautiful Freak'? Every bit as delicious as 'Electro...'.

And if you get a chance to see the live show, DON'T miss it. They put on one
of the best shows I've ever seen (clubwise).

--
on my stereo: hrvatski - oiseaux 96-98 (This albums IS worth the hype.
Possibly the best drum n bass album ever made)

Plug

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
if it's not a rude question.....when did Morrissey join the Eels?? Oh, he
didn't, just another cross posting, what a good idea

--
Plug

Singer with Internationally hated underachieving Indie supergroup "CHARLEY"
http://www.charley-online.co.uk
David Naylor <mmc...@dmu.ac.uk> wrote in message

Paul

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00

Plug <Pl...@plugsworld.co.uk> wrote

> if it's not a rude question.....when did Morrissey join the Eels?? Oh,
he
> didn't, just another cross posting, what a good idea

He looks a *bit* like the singer. Maybe that's the connection?

trouble maker

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
E's underbite is a lot worse than Morrissey's. But they both make
heartfelt music, that's a connection isn't it?
"Famous when dead." - Moz
"And no one will know my name until it's on the stone." - E

On 10 Feb 2000 22:52:22 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

"Our history as it's portrayed is just a recipe for hate." - Bad Religion
http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/ http://www.ocsltd.com/thrillracer/

Punk Rock Hunk

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
>From: "Plug" Pl...@plugsworld.co.uk

>if it's not a rude question.....when did Morrissey join the Eels?? Oh, he
>didn't, just another cross posting, what a good idea

Well, since eels have made 2 essential, vital CDs in the last 4 years while Moz
has made..oh...none? I'd say if it gets Moz fans to check 'em out, post away.

Paul

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00

Punk Rock Hunk <punkro...@aol.comSPAMNONO> wrote

> >if it's not a rude question.....when did Morrissey join the Eels?? Oh,
he
> >didn't, just another cross posting, what a good idea

> Well, since eels have made 2 essential, vital CDs in the last 4 years
while Moz
> has made..oh...none? I'd say if it gets Moz fans to check 'em out, post
away.

'Essential' and 'vital' depend on whether or not you are a fan of the group
in question.

I dare say that the fans of *every* band, consider that their group have
released 'essential' and 'vital' CD's. But if they all crossposted to
other alt.music groups, they would be impossible to read.

Why not post 'Eels' related material to the 'Eels group', and 'Morrissey'
related material to the 'Morrissey Group'? It is, after all, the purpose
of having different newsgroups. And if someone is a fan of both, they can
simply subscribe to both groups.

By the way Jill, why *did* you start this crossposted thread?

Paul

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> E's underbite is a lot worse than Morrissey's. But they both make
> heartfelt music, that's a connection isn't it?

Nah. It's pretty tenuous.

There is no excuse or reason for crossposting, unless it is to groups such
as the Morrissey group & The Smiths group, where the link is obvious.

bilgihaj

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
Maybe people on this group might be interested in what others are listening
to so they can listen to music that they might not have known about. We
shouldn't condemn musical suggestions or "what are you listening to now"
threads because they aren't about morrissey. What all of the messages on
this group have in common is that they were all posted by Morrissey Fans
(aka people who get together because of a common interest in Music) hence
what someone might have to offer in discourse is fine becuase we all share
this common theme.

james

Paul

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
That would be nice, if it worked. But there have been dozens of 'Morrissey
and Smiths' soundalikes who have had their virtues extolled on these
groups. None of which bear even a passing resemblance to the subjects in
question. It really makes me wonder what some listeners actually *hear*
when they listen to music.

It's all in the eye (or ear) of the beholder. I like both Moz & The Smiths,
but that doesn't mean that I want to hear bands who try their best to sound
like them.

If people want to be informed of other bands, they should visit the general
music newsgroups, rather than shoehorn their tastes into unrelated forums.

But that's only *my* opinion.

bilgihaj <pineapp...@hotmail.com> wrote

bilgihaj

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
What I was trying to say was that we all came here to talk because of our
common interests, much like associations we form in our non e-forms. So
much like the associations we keep with the flesh and blood, places like
this exist as a virtual park, or bar, or club, on the night of a private
party. I would like to see conversation - in any form- fostered and
encouraged, even if it, dareisay, veered away from the topic of morrissey or
the smiths or johnny marr, or the rodies, or whatever. People should feel
free to discuss and post what they want (no spam, porn, ads, etc) as long as
there presence here is genuine and they came here to find people with a
common interests. You are right when you point out your opinion, because
all we deal in is our opinions, but the great thing about forums like this
is that we don't have to read a thread or take peoples suggestions, if we
don't want to.

james

trouble maker

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
On 11 Feb 2000 10:52:48 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>Why not post 'Eels' related material to the 'Eels group', and 'Morrissey'
>related material to the 'Morrissey Group'? It is, after all, the purpose
>of having different newsgroups. And if someone is a fan of both, they can
>simply subscribe to both groups.

there is no eels newsgroup is there? there's an imusic board, all eels
fans head there now!

>By the way Jill, why *did* you start this crossposted thread?

I wanted to know if anyone heard the eels album so they could tell me
about it. Also, to make a point that at least one of my fave artists
is releasing a new album, while the other guy can only do redundant
tours with no new material.

trouble maker

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
On 11 Feb 2000 20:07:53 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>It's all in the eye (or ear) of the beholder. I like both Moz & The Smiths,
>but that doesn't mean that I want to hear bands who try their best to sound
>like them.

well the eels for sure don't do that. don't make assumptions.

Paul

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> >It's all in the eye (or ear) of the beholder. I like both Moz & The
Smiths,
> >but that doesn't mean that I want to hear bands who try their best to
sound
> >like them.

> well the eels for sure don't do that. don't make assumptions.

Well perhaps you could enlighten us as to the reason you chose to crosspost
your original message then?

Btw. I've heard the Eels. don't make assumptions

Paul

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> there is no eels newsgroup is there? there's an imusic board, all eels
> fans head there now!

You started alt.music.ilovemorrissey, why not set up an Eels newsgroup as
well?

> >By the way Jill, why *did* you start this crossposted thread?

> I wanted to know if anyone heard the eels album so they could tell me
> about it.

Did you think that amm was an appropriate place to drag in a conversation
on the Eels?

>Also, to make a point that at least one of my fave artists
> is releasing a new album, while the other guy can only do redundant
> tours with no new material.

Ah! So the reason you posted an Eels question here, was to attack
Morrissey! Moz must have done something to offend you. You used to think
that he pissed champagne, and farted perfume, a mere few weeks ago!

I'll bet he's really sorry now!

Paul

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00

bilgihaj <pineapp...@hotmail.com> wrote

> What I was trying to say was that we all came here to talk because of our
> common interests, much like associations we form in our non e-forms.

That is what general groups are for. Specifically named groups are there to
discuss the subject of the group.

>So much like the associations we keep with the flesh and blood, places
>like this exist as a virtual park, or bar, or club, on the night of a
private
> party.

Nice thought, but the title of the group is alt.music.morrissey, and no
matter how hard you try to justify the reasons for an Eels thread herein,
there is no excuse.

>I would like to see conversation - in any form- fostered and
> encouraged, even if it, dareisay, veered away from the topic of morrissey
or
> the smiths or johnny marr, or the rodies, or whatever.

This thread didn't *evolve* or 'veer away', it was manufactured by Jill,
who was simply trying to have a dig at Morrissey for not releasing a new
album, as she admitted herself earlier. I've got no problem with the topic
changing during the course of a thread.

>People should feel
> free to discuss and post what they want (no spam, porn, ads, etc) as long
as
> there presence here is genuine and they came here to find people with a
> common interests.

So just because *one* person in a newsgroup, wants to discuss an off-topic
subject, that's ok? Not really. Newsgroups would be chaotic if everyone
posted on whatever subjects they were interested in.

>You are right when you point out your opinion, because
> all we deal in is our opinions,

Yeah, but I know that my opinion is correct:). Just look at the name of the
group! It's *not* alt.music.eels, therefore and thread which solely
discusses said band, is off-topic, and of as much interest here as 'spam,
porn, ads, etc'.

>but the great thing about forums like this
> is that we don't have to read a thread or take peoples suggestions, if we
> don't want to.

That's a poor excuse to post off-topic! Maybe there should only be one, big
newsgroup, where people just ignored the subjects that didn't interest
them?

Raja Dasgupta

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
For a band responsible for a song as dire as "Susan's House", The eels
are getting far too much attention in this newsgroup! We should find
some fresh new Smiths/Morrissey issues to discuss - otherwise the
discussions just go around in circles. So here's a new topic for
you all: the other day, I heard this song by The Smiths with the lines,
"I am the son, and the heir..."; discuss.

Raj.

Plug

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00

> I wanted to know if anyone heard the eels album so they could tell me
> about it.

Do it in a general group then!!!!

Also, to make a point that at least one of my fave artists
> is releasing a new album, while the other guy can only do redundant
> tours with no new material.

Having been on the tour, I think redundant is an extremely poor description.
The lack of new material is a shame, but I think no new material has to be
better than sub-standard material. The point is, because Morrissey has
released no new material, should we just open up the group to all sorts of
things??? What a good idea, lets discuss the merits of Ricky Martin!!!

--
Plug

Singer with Internationally hated underachieving Indie supergroup "CHARLEY"
http://www.charley-online.co.uk

AloupisM

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
From: thr...@inetworld.netWTR:

>E's underbite is a lot worse than Morrissey's. But they both make
>heartfelt music, that's a connection isn't it?

>"Famous when dead." - Moz
>"And no one will know my name until it's on the stone." - E

Then there's "everybody's famous when they're dead" from Urban Dance Squad.
COINCIDENCE???
I'm not sure about the condition of the singer's bite, however.
*!* FOP001 *!*

Paul

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00

Raja Dasgupta <rd7...@bris.ac.uk> wrote

>I heard this song by The Smiths with the lines,
> "I am the son, and the heir..."; discuss.

That's 'sun and air', Raj!

:)

trouble maker

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
On 12 Feb 2000 20:00:47 GMT, alou...@aol.com (AloupisM) wrote:

>Then there's "everybody's famous when they're dead" from Urban Dance Squad.
>COINCIDENCE???

That's a bad quote because most people are anonymous when they're
dead.

>I'm not sure about the condition of the singer's bite, however.
>*!* FOP001 *!*

You're no orthodontist eh?

trouble maker

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
On 12 Feb 2000 00:18:15 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>Nice thought, but the title of the group is alt.music.morrissey, and no
>matter how hard you try to justify the reasons for an Eels thread herein,
>there is no excuse.

how about this; how many Moz fanz are eels fanz? I am, therefore I can
ask.

>This thread didn't *evolve* or 'veer away', it was manufactured by Jill,
>who was simply trying to have a dig at Morrissey for not releasing a new
>album, as she admitted herself earlier. I've got no problem with the topic
>changing during the course of a thread.

I have a question. How many times has Morrissey sung "The Boy Racer"
live? Seriously, I want to know. I know he has sung it in 1995, 97,
99, and 2000, but how many times total?

>So just because *one* person in a newsgroup, wants to discuss an off-topic
>subject, that's ok? Not really. Newsgroups would be chaotic if everyone
>posted on whatever subjects they were interested in.

newsgroups are a mess and that will never change. but at least
interesting people like me post nice thoughts.

>Yeah, but I know that my opinion is correct:). Just look at the name of the
>group! It's *not* alt.music.eels, therefore and thread which solely
>discusses said band, is off-topic, and of as much interest here as 'spam,
>porn, ads, etc'.

An off topic band isn't as bad as porn ads, ok? Someone needs to
create alt.music.eels. Until then some groups will have to share.

>That's a poor excuse to post off-topic! Maybe there should only be one, big
>newsgroup, where people just ignored the subjects that didn't interest
>them?

Paul's a stickler, that's what's so fascinating about him! (not.)

novocaine for the soul,

trouble maker

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
Is "Black Eyed Susan" any better?
Ok, here's a new Smiths thread. I heard when Morrissey sings Smiths
songs the crowd cheers louder. Discuss...

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:55:13 GMT, Raja Dasgupta <rd7...@bris.ac.uk>
wrote:

>For a band responsible for a song as dire as "Susan's House", The eels
>are getting far too much attention in this newsgroup! We should find
>some fresh new Smiths/Morrissey issues to discuss - otherwise the
>discussions just go around in circles. So here's a new topic for

>you all: the other day, I heard this song by The Smiths with the lines,

>"I am the son, and the heir..."; discuss.
>

>Raj.

trouble maker

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
On 11 Feb 2000 23:59:55 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote
>
>> >It's all in the eye (or ear) of the beholder. I like both Moz & The
>Smiths,
>> >but that doesn't mean that I want to hear bands who try their best to
>sound
>> >like them.
>
>> well the eels for sure don't do that. don't make assumptions.
>
>Well perhaps you could enlighten us as to the reason you chose to crosspost
>your original message then?

already did that.

>Btw. I've heard the Eels. don't make assumptions

I didn't, you did.

trouble maker

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
On 12 Feb 2000 00:05:14 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>You started alt.music.ilovemorrissey, why not set up an Eels newsgroup as
>well?

I started alt.music.morrissey as well and Simon Conant started
alt.music.smiths. As to why I don't start more, well I haven't had a
UNIX account for five years.

>> I wanted to know if anyone heard the eels album so they could tell me
>> about it.
>

>Did you think that amm was an appropriate place to drag in a conversation
>on the Eels?

Yes I do because I once met this guy named Tom who likes both
Morrissey and eels.

>>Also, to make a point that at least one of my fave artists
>> is releasing a new album, while the other guy can only do redundant
>> tours with no new material.
>

>Ah! So the reason you posted an Eels question here, was to attack
>Morrissey! Moz must have done something to offend you. You used to think
>that he pissed champagne, and farted perfume, a mere few weeks ago!

Ew! That's pretty gross imagery. Don't ever become a poet ok, Paul?
Anyway, that's not true, I've always made fun of Moz when he deserved
it and now he deserves it more than ever.

> I'll bet he's really sorry now!

For what?

trouble maker

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:25:06 -0000, "Plug" <Pl...@plugsworld.co.uk>
wrote:

>Having been on the tour, I think redundant is an extremely poor description.

How so? And how were you "on" the tour?

>The lack of new material is a shame, but I think no new material has to be
>better than sub-standard material. The point is, because Morrissey has

He said he won't sing new material for fear people might say "not very
nice things" so the question is, is he performing for the fans or the
critics or the money? Also, Morrissey has no "sub-standard material,"
the point is he's redundant.

>released no new material, should we just open up the group to all sorts of
>things??? What a good idea, lets discuss the merits of Ricky Martin!!!

As long as the group is open to porn advertisers and there are no
worthwhile threads on the subject it's a free for all. It's a free for
all, free for all...oops more eels lyrics.

"I don't need you tellin' me how..." - eels
http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/ http://www.ocsltd.com/thrillracer/

Plug

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

> >Having been on the tour, I think redundant is an extremely poor
description.

> How so? And how were you "on" the tour?

As in I saw Morrissey perform, how hard was that to work out?

> >The lack of new material is a shame, but I think no new material has to
be
> >better than sub-standard material. The point is, because Morrissey has
>
> He said he won't sing new material for fear people might say "not very
> nice things" so the question is, is he performing for the fans or the
> critics or the money?

Well actually, the question is what the hell have The Eels got to do with
Morrissey?

Also, Morrissey has no "sub-standard material,"
> the point is he's redundant.

Not a very good point then really, if you don't mind me saying

> As long as the group is open to porn advertisers and there are no
> worthwhile threads on the subject it's a free for all.

Well thanks for explaining the rules. Cross posting is a pain in the arse,
Porn advertisers are a pain in the arse, you are encouraging it by cross
posting. I'm sure the point you want to make about the Eels is very valid,
I merely suggest that this is not the place to do it.

It's a free for
> all, free for all...oops more eels lyrics.

Not very good lyrics are they??!!

Paul

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> Morrissey has no "sub-standard material,"
> the point is he's redundant.

I don't know about that!

Did you see the state of the jeans he was wearing??

Terrible!!

> As long as the group is open to porn advertisers and there are no
> worthwhile threads on the subject it's a free for all.

Do you *like* to see the porn advertisements? No? Well it's just as
off-topic as posts about the Eels are!

Double standards ahoy!

Paul

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> I started alt.music.morrissey as well and Simon Conant started
> alt.music.smiths.

And your reason for telling me this is....?

>As to why I don't start more, well I haven't had a
> UNIX account for five years.

Had I known that previously, I'd have welcomed crosspostings on *any*
subject you'd chosen, Jill! No UNIX account = compulsory crossposts! How
*stupid* of me not to work that out for myself!

> >Did you think that amm was an appropriate place to drag in a
conversation
> >on the Eels?

> Yes I do because I once met this guy named Tom who likes both
> Morrissey and eels.

Maybe you could just have emailed him?

> > I'll bet he's really sorry now!

> For what?

Incurring the wrath of Jill, for not releasing a new album.

Paul

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> >For a band responsible for a song as dire as "Susan's House", The eels
> >are getting far too much attention in this newsgroup!

> Is "Black Eyed Susan" any better?

Do the Eels always either paraphrase Morrissey lyrics, or borrow people's
names from Moz songs?

Did they do a song involving a 'William' too?

> Ok, here's a new Smiths thread. I heard when Morrissey sings Smiths
> songs the crowd cheers louder. Discuss...

Maybe because they haven't been heard for a while, and that they are
usually superior to his solo stuff?

It's a possibillity

Paul

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> how about this; how many Moz fanz are eels fanz? I am, therefore I can
> ask.

That's ok, had it been posted solely to the Morrissey group. However, the
crossposting to 'alt.music.alternative' kinda takes it into a differrent
area altogether.

> >This thread didn't *evolve* or 'veer away', it was manufactured by Jill,
> >who was simply trying to have a dig at Morrissey for not releasing a new
> >album, as she admitted herself earlier. I've got no problem with the
topic
> >changing during the course of a thread.

> I have a question. How many times has Morrissey sung "The Boy Racer"
> live? Seriously, I want to know. I know he has sung it in 1995, 97,
> 99, and 2000, but how many times total?

I have no idea. The last time I saw Moz, was in 95. But how is your
question a reply to my previous statement?

> newsgroups are a mess and that will never change.

Newsgroups are a mess because people crosspost or post off-topic.

>but at least interesting people like me post nice thoughts.

'Nice thoughts' belong in 'alt.nice.thoughts'.

> An off topic band isn't as bad as porn ads, ok? Someone needs to
> create alt.music.eels. Until then some groups will have to share.

Why cant Eels share with 'Gene', or 'Suede', or 'Blur'?? Why force it into
amm? Eels posts are as off-topic as porn ads. I have no interest in either.

> Paul's a stickler, that's what's so fascinating about him! (not.)

Maybe I'm just honest. Maybe I'm right? Fascinating useage of a 'Waynes
World' quote, by the way! It *might* have been humerous, had it not been
some ten years out of date.

> novocaine for the soul,

Earplugs for the ears.

Paul

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> You're no orthodontist eh?

My dentist married a pedicurist; nice couple, but they fight tooth and
nail.

trouble maker

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
On 13 Feb 2000 14:52:39 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote
>
>> >For a band responsible for a song as dire as "Susan's House", The eels
>> >are getting far too much attention in this newsgroup!
>
>> Is "Black Eyed Susan" any better?
>
>Do the Eels always either paraphrase Morrissey lyrics, or borrow people's
>names from Moz songs?
>Did they do a song involving a 'William' too?

<yawn>

>> Ok, here's a new Smiths thread. I heard when Morrissey sings Smiths
>> songs the crowd cheers louder. Discuss...
>
>Maybe because they haven't been heard for a while, and that they are
>usually superior to his solo stuff?

That can't be it because "Shoplifters" has been played on 3 solo
tours. "Last Night" is the encore for every 99 and 2000 show. Smiths
songs. <yawn> Why doesn't he sing "Death of a Disco Dancer" and play
keys if he wants to entertain?

>It's a possibillity

Nope.

trouble maker

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:19:29 -0000, "Plug" <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk>
wrote:

>> >Having been on the tour, I think redundant is an extremely poor
>description.
>>
>> How so? And how were you "on" the tour?
>
>As in I saw Morrissey perform, how hard was that to work out?

that doesn't put you "on" the tour, dork.

>Also, Morrissey has no "sub-standard material,"

>> the point is he's redundant.
>>

>Not a very good point then really, if you don't mind me saying

It's an obvious one anyway.

Paul

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> >Do the Eels always either paraphrase Morrissey lyrics, or borrow
people's
> >names from Moz songs?
> >Did they do a song involving a 'William' too?

> <yawn>

Ah! So they *do* then?

> >> Ok, here's a new Smiths thread. I heard when Morrissey sings Smiths
> >> songs the crowd cheers louder. Discuss...

> >Maybe because they haven't been heard for a while, and that they are
> >usually superior to his solo stuff?

> That can't be it because "Shoplifters" has been played on 3 solo
> tours.

Have you ever considered the fact that not all the same people go to every
show? Irrespective of the amount of times he's played 'Shoplifters' live,
chances are that it's still a first for a lot of the people at the gig! How
many times have *you personally* heard him do 'Shoplifters'?

>"Last Night" is the encore for every 99 and 2000 show.

What is your point here? I didn't go to any of the shows, so I've still to
hear the song live. I considered going to a show, merely to hear that one
song.

>Smiths songs. <yawn> Why doesn't he sing "Death of a Disco Dancer" and
play
> keys if he wants to entertain?

Why don't you be sensible for a change?

Were're obviously keeping you awake, due to the amount of yawning you're
doing. Give in to the urge to sleep, and you may awake refreshed, and more
sensible.

> >It's a possibillity

> Nope.

You asked a question. I answered it. But that's no good because, in *your*
eyes I'm wrong.

I take that as a compliment, coming from *you*, Ms Ballard.

Plug

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00

> >description.
> >>
> >> How so? And how were you "on" the tour?
> >
> >As in I saw Morrissey perform, how hard was that to work out?
>
> that doesn't put you "on" the tour, dork.

Well pardon me, but you still aren't able to back up your statement I see.
I think you'll find this is called "Splitting hairs". Why do you feel the
need to resort to an insult I wonder? Perhaps you have no real point to
make?

> >Also, Morrissey has no "sub-standard material,"
> >> the point is he's redundant.
> >>
> >Not a very good point then really, if you don't mind me saying
>
> It's an obvious one anyway.

Well if you would back it up we might agree, but in the meantime I have to
assume that you are being literal, so I fear I must yet again disagree with
you. How can he be described as redundant when he is still working??

Plug

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
I thought she was allowed double standards Paul?!!

--
Plug

Singer with Internationally hated underachieving Indie supergroup "CHARLEY"
http://www.charley-online.co.uk

> Double standards ahoy!

Paul

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00

Plug <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk> wrote

> I thought she was allowed double standards Paul?!!

Call me dense, but I don't geddit!

I suspect that it's vulgar, so mail me with the answer, Mr Plug!

:)

PS. What is the status on those 'things'?:)

Raja Dasgupta

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00

Yes.

Raj.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, trouble maker wrote:

> Is "Black Eyed Susan" any better?

<snip>

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:55:13 GMT, Raja Dasgupta <rd7...@bris.ac.uk>

> wrote:
>
> >For a band responsible for a song as dire as "Susan's House", The eels

trouble maker

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 00:56:40 -0000, "Plug" <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk>
wrote:

>> >As in I saw Morrissey perform, how hard was that to work out?
>>
>> that doesn't put you "on" the tour, dork.
>
>Well pardon me, but you still aren't able to back up your statement I see.

I backed it up way back when. I used examples--cited specific songs
that he has played way too many times and commented on how he fails to
present new material.

>I think you'll find this is called "Splitting hairs". Why do you feel the
>need to resort to an insult I wonder? Perhaps you have no real point to
>make?

I didn't split hairs, I corrected your useage of "on tour." I went to
some concerts too, but I didn't post that I was "on the tour."

>> >Also, Morrissey has no "sub-standard material,"
>> >>
>> >Not a very good point then really, if you don't mind me saying
>>
>> It's an obvious one anyway.
>
>Well if you would back it up we might agree, but in the meantime I have to
>assume that you are being literal, so I fear I must yet again disagree with
>you. How can he be described as redundant when he is still working??

Because his work is superfluous. That's the impression I get when I
hear the same exact setlist night after night.

trouble maker

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
On 14 Feb 2000 23:25:34 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote
>

>> I didn't split hairs, I corrected your useage of "on tour." I went to
>> some concerts too, but I didn't post that I was "on the tour."
>

>If I may butt in, you didn't 'correct it', you merely 'refuted' it.

which was clever of me.

>>> How can he be described as redundant when he is still working??
>
>> Because his work is superfluous.
>

>Says *who*? I haven't heard the world clamouring to hear 'Thrillracer'!

just wait then.

>>That's the impression I get when I
>> hear the same exact setlist night after night.
>

>Tours aren't designed for people who go to loads of shows, you silly woman!

tell that to Julia Riley and the morrisseytour.com girls. Moz banks on
the fact that a large percentage of his fans go to more than one show
per tour. at the last '97 show he especially thanked those people (for
their money.)

>The *vast* majority of bands play exactly the same set, without variation,
>when they tour. This is to be expected. If you don't want to hear the same

I somehow doubt that. Seriously.

>songs, don't go to so many gigs! Or maybe Moz should consult you, before
>each gig?

Yeah he should, but even if his fans didn't go to numerous shows
doesn't he care that his band might be sick of playing the same tunes?
Doesn't he ever get sick of his own songs? I would if I were him.

>If you went to the cinema & saw the same film 20 times, would you get
>pissed off that the plot remained the same each time?

You can't compare film and a live performance.

Paul

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> >If I may butt in, you didn't 'correct it', you merely 'refuted' it.

> which was clever of me.

It's 'clever' to be able to say 'no'? Well, I supose you *are* from SD.

> > I haven't heard the world clamouring to hear 'Thrillracer'!

> just wait then.

We've already waited quite a while, Jill. Do you really think that it's
gonna happen? You need to inject some originality into your sound. It's all
been done before, and better. No offence.

> >Tours aren't designed for people who go to loads of shows, you silly
woman!

> tell that to Julia Riley and the morrisseytour.com girls. Moz banks on
> the fact that a large percentage of his fans go to more than one show
> per tour.

So, just for those people, Morrissey is expected to alter his set every
night? Be sensible!

>at the last '97 show he especially thanked those people (for
> their money.)

Yeah! He was probably amazed the people would be so mad as to go to every
show on a tour! *I'd* be thanking them for their cash too! But it doesn't
mean that I'd 'cater' to those people!

> >The *vast* majority of bands play exactly the same set, without
variation,
> >when they tour. This is to be expected. If you don't want to hear the
same

> I somehow doubt that. Seriously.

So you think that bands alter their set throught a tour?? Bands rehearse
for weeks, or months before a tour. They hone the songs to perfection. If
they rehearsed dozens of songs, they'd start to get sloppy, and people
would complain. Maybe you should do some research before you refute my
statement again.

> even if his fans didn't go to numerous shows
> doesn't he care that his band might be sick of playing the same tunes?
> Doesn't he ever get sick of his own songs?

That's a question for Morrissey, rather than me.

>I would if I were him.

Maybe if you *were*, you'd have retired after Vauxhall.

> >If you went to the cinema & saw the same film 20 times, would you get
> >pissed off that the plot remained the same each time?

> You can't compare film and a live performance.

Yes you can, when the outcome is the same!

Paul

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> >We've already waited quite a while, Jill. Do you really think that it's
> >gonna happen? You need to inject some originality into your sound. It's
all
> >been done before, and better. No offence.
>

> Well that's an opinion coming from an idiot.

I am the voice of the record buying public. I'm sure your friends like it
though!

>What have you heard, one song?

Yes, and it's obviously your *best* song! Why would you want people to hear
anything less than your best product?

> I'm not interested in "it" happening, the fact is I make
> original music and will keep doing it.

I'd be grateful if you could point out the 'original' parts.

> I just complained that he should retire some songs that have been done
> to death. Pay attention.

No you didnt!

> >So you think that bands alter their set throught a tour?? Bands
rehearse
> >for weeks, or months before a tour. They hone the songs to perfection.
If
> >they rehearsed dozens of songs, they'd start to get sloppy, and people
> >would complain. Maybe you should do some research before you refute my
> >statement again.

> Don't pretend like you know the habits of every band on the planet.

Did I mention 'every band on the Planet'? I know a lot more about touring
that *you* do, Jill.

> >> You can't compare film and a live performance.

> >Yes you can, when the outcome is the same!
>

> The outcome isn't the same.

If it's the same film it is!

Paul

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00

Plug <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk> wrote

> Nothing vulgar intended Paul, I just get the impression that it's OK for
Ms
> T.Maker to whinge about porn advertisers cross posting, and then
continuing
> to do exactly the same.

Oh yes!! I see now, and agree most heartily with your most salient
observation.

> Picking the said merchandise up from Ernie on Monday. There should be a
lot
> more stuff available from the American tour!!!!! You will of course have
> first refusal!!!!

Oooh! *HOW* you tempt me with your wares, Mr Plug!

You'll be getting me a bad name!

Paul

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00

Plug <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk> wrote

> Perhaps you just don't get it, does that ever cross your mind?

Or is there even a mind there to cross?

trouble maker

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
On 15 Feb 2000 19:24:48 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>> just wait then.

>We've already waited quite a while, Jill. Do you really think that it's
>gonna happen? You need to inject some originality into your sound. It's all
>been done before, and better. No offence.

Well that's an opinion coming from an idiot. What have you heard, one
song? I'm not interested in "it" happening, the fact is I make

original music and will keep doing it.

>> >Tours aren't designed for people who go to loads of shows, you silly

>woman!
>
>> tell that to Julia Riley and the morrisseytour.com girls. Moz banks on
>> the fact that a large percentage of his fans go to more than one show
>> per tour.
>
>So, just for those people, Morrissey is expected to alter his set every
>night? Be sensible!

I just complained that he should retire some songs that have been done
to death. Pay attention.

>> >The *vast* majority of bands play exactly the same set, without
>variation,
>> >when they tour. This is to be expected. If you don't want to hear the
>same
>
>> I somehow doubt that. Seriously.
>

>So you think that bands alter their set throught a tour?? Bands rehearse
>for weeks, or months before a tour. They hone the songs to perfection. If
>they rehearsed dozens of songs, they'd start to get sloppy, and people
>would complain. Maybe you should do some research before you refute my
>statement again.

Don't pretend like you know the habits of every band on the planet.

>> You can't compare film and a live performance.
>
>Yes you can, when the outcome is the same!

The outcome isn't the same.

Paul

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> You and your sandbox playmate are the childish ones, don't forget it.

Who *can* you mean, Ms Ballard?

Plug

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
Ok, besides Morrissey what bands do you like?
> I'll happily tell you whether or not they suck.

And who voted you in as the spokesman on all things musical???

> It's not my best song. It's the only one I recorded and I have my
> reasons for choosing that one. All the rest are bedroom tapes, but I
> have another recording session coming up so we'll see now won't we?

This is the CLASSIC excuse for all failed bedroom musicians Paul as we both
know.

> Oh really? Were you "on" the tour like old Plug-away?

Jill, I have apologised, and am happy to do so again, for misinforming the
ng as to the actual part I played in the tour i.e. None whatsoever. You
really don't need to continue harping on about it, people will get the
impression that you are a bitter old witch, and I would hate for that to
happen. I shall apologise in person to the band on their return to these
sunny shores. Does that make you happier???

--
Plug
"That's what I like, Nice tits, she's got a bit of class"

Plug

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:00:12 -0000, "Plug" <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> >That does not explain why he is redundant. Repetition does not mean the
> >same as redundancy. If that were the case nobody would bother buying
CD's.

> but repetition does equal unnecessary excess. and when I get burnt out
> on the same repetetive setlist I will dismiss it. get it?

Well the answer to that is yes, I get it, you pay good money for the same
product, and you are surprised that it doesn't change, I get it, I just
don't quite believe you expected anything else. Get it?

> >Perhaps he decided that his fans might actually want to hear the old
> >material again. It was a first for many of us to hear The Smiths
material
> >he played, in fact it was the highlight of the set for many. The emotion
> >saw people experiencing was VERY real, if that is redundancy, then I'm
> >sorry, perhaps we have different definitions.
>
> Good for those people, but I have my own opinions. If I wanted to hear
> Smiths songs I'd choose something that hasn't been already done on a
> Smiths or Morrissey tour.

As in "Last night I dreamt..." which The Smiths never performed live in
England.

However, Smiths are a defunct 80s group. I'm
> not going to a Morrissey show in the year 2000 to hear old songs.
> Morrissey claims to have new material, but he has no interest in
> incorporating it into his shows. Therefore to me these shows are
> completely unecessary and only being performed for the sake of raking
> in cash.

If that is what you believe, why did you go on more than one occasion? The
set-lists were quite widely known. Don't start of on the cash thing, if he
did it purely for the love of music, we wouldn't be here discussing his
merits.

> >I'm Sooo sorry that I gave you the impression I might actually have
> >performed on the Tour, but it doesn't excuse your childish insult.

> You and your sandbox playmate are the childish ones, don't forget it

Oh dear, hit a nerve have we dear? Perhaps if you were a little less
self-assured and would listen to others arguments you might find people's
reaction less childish. Do you feel that name-calling is an adult way to
conduct yourself??

Paul

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> >I am the voice of the record buying public. I'm sure your friends like
it
> >though!

> You're just one person.

Sad to have to agree with you there! But wouldn't the world be a better
place if there were more of me?

> And if you really consider yourself an example
> of a typical music consumer....

Don't put words into my mouth, Jill. I never said that I was *typical*.
Quite the opposite actually (or atypical if you prefer). I have a modicum
of taste. This is why I feel that you are flogging a dead horse.

>.......then have fun with all those Ricky Martin
> and Brandy Spears CDs.

Brandy Spears? I'm not sure that I've heard of her! Is she Britney's
sister?

I have LOTS of fun with cd's by Ricky Martin. I find that they make
fantastic frisbees for the smaller of my two dogs.

>ok , besides Morrissey what bands do you like?

Who ever sad that I liked Morrissey? You jump to too many conclusions!

> I'll happily tell you whether or not they suck.

I'd neither welcome your opinions, nor take them to heart. I know the bands
you like.

> >Yes, and it's obviously your *best* song! Why would you want people to
hear
> >anything less than your best product?

> It's not my best song. It's the only one I recorded and I have my
> reasons for choosing that one. All the rest are bedroom tapes, but I
> have another recording session coming up so we'll see now won't we?

*ALL* bands have 'bedroom tapes'. Why would you record and publicise a
song, that isn't your best?

> >> I'm not interested in "it" happening, the fact is I make
> >> original music and will keep doing it.

> >I'd be grateful if you could point out the 'original' parts.

> Original parts is not my concern, it's the final outcome that is
> unique and if you think it lacks originality then name the song and
> artist who it sounds like and I'll check it out. (But don't forget I
> did want to pay homage to Billy Idol.)

I see! Just as long as your song isn't a direct copy of another song, then
that is good enough for you? Try banging wooden spoons on the bottom of a
saucepan, whilst yodelling the Star Spangled Banner'. That would be
'original', but it'd still be crap.

> >Did I mention 'every band on the Planet'? I know a lot more about
touring
> >that *you* do, Jill.

> Oh really? Were you "on" the tour like old Plug-away?

Why should I post my cv here? Let's just say that I've 'been around'. Take
it as you will.

> You should write clearer, you said that film and live performances
> have the same outcome. And depending on what you mean by "outcome,"
> no, film does not always have the same "outcome."

Oh dear! You've finally lost it!

Paul

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

Plug <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk> wrote

> > It's not my best song. It's the only one I recorded and I have my
> > reasons for choosing that one. All the rest are bedroom tapes, but I
> > have another recording session coming up so we'll see now won't we?

> This is the CLASSIC excuse for all failed bedroom musicians Paul as we
both
> know.

From bitter experience, Plug! Damn EMI !!!!!!

>people will get the impression that you are a bitter old witch,

So you *do* know her, Plug?

> Does that make you happier???

Jill? Happy? She won't be happy until all men are bound & gagged, and
everyone is wearing plastic shoes!

Plug

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

> From bitter experience, Plug! Damn EMI !!!!!!

They couldn't afford me!!!!!

> >people will get the impression that you are a bitter old witch,
>
> So you *do* know her, Plug?

Well not in the biblical sense!!!!

> > Does that make you happier???
>
> Jill? Happy? She won't be happy until all men are bound & gagged, and
> everyone is wearing plastic shoes!

Funny, that's how I like my men!!!!

Paul

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

Plug <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk> wrote

> > From bitter experience, Plug! Damn EMI !!!!!!

> They couldn't afford me!!!!!

Apparently the cleaner they eventually ended up with, only asked for £5 per
week, as opposed to your request of £7.

> > So you *do* know her, Plug?

> Well not in the biblical sense!!!!

<shudder>

> > Jill? Happy? She won't be happy until all men are bound & gagged, and
> > everyone is wearing plastic shoes!

> Funny, that's how I like my men!!!!

In plastic shoes??

Plug

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

Paul <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk> wrote in message

> Plug <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk> wrote
>
> > > From bitter experience, Plug! Damn EMI !!!!!!
>
> > They couldn't afford me!!!!!
>
> Apparently the cleaner they eventually ended up with, only asked for £5
per
> week, as opposed to your request of £7.

That's a lie, it was £6.50 and every thursday afternoon off to tend to my
crippled Aunt

> > > So you *do* know her, Plug?
>
> > Well not in the biblical sense!!!!
>
> <shudder>
>
> > > Jill? Happy? She won't be happy until all men are bound & gagged, and
> > > everyone is wearing plastic shoes!
>
> > Funny, that's how I like my men!!!!
>
> In plastic shoes??

And bound and gagged off course, though it helps if they have a large pair
of wobbly breasts

Paul

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

Plug <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk> wrote in article
<88d1m4$3jd$1...@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>...

> Paul <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk> wrote in message
> >

> > Plug <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk> wrote

> > > They couldn't afford me!!!!!
> >
> > Apparently the cleaner they eventually ended up with, only asked for £5
> >per week, as opposed to your request of £7.

> That's a lie, it was £6.50 and every thursday afternoon off to tend to my
> crippled Aunt

Yes, but did you *really* have to break both of her legs *just* to get to
band practice??

> > > Funny, that's how I like my men!!!!

> > In plastic shoes??

> And bound and gagged off course, though it helps if they have a large
pair
> of wobbly breasts

You're a man after my own heart!

Raja Dasgupta

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

>I have LOTS of fun with cd's by Ricky Martin. I find that they make
>fantastic frisbees for the smaller of my two dogs.

Naaaaaaa, they're much better as drinks coasters!!

Paul

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

Raja Dasgupta <rd7...@bris.ac.uk> wrote

> >I have LOTS of fun with cd's by Ricky Martin. I find that they make
> >fantastic frisbees for the smaller of my two dogs.

> Naaaaaaa, they're much better as drinks coasters!!

Funny you should say that!

I actually use AOL internet access discs as coasters!

trouble maker

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:33:29 -0000, "Plug" <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk>
wrote:

>And who voted you in as the spokesman on all things musical???

oh right so only you and your jackhole friend can have opinions. makes
sense.

>This is the CLASSIC excuse for all failed bedroom musicians Paul as we both
>know.

How does a bedroom musician fail anyway? I consider myself successful
because I have good projects going and am doing what I want.

>> Oh really? Were you "on" the tour like old Plug-away?
>

>Jill, I have apologised, and am happy to do so again, for misinforming the
>ng as to the actual part I played in the tour i.e. None whatsoever. You
>really don't need to continue harping on about it, people will get the
>impression that you are a bitter old witch, and I would hate for that to
>happen. I shall apologise in person to the band on their return to these

>sunny shores. Does that make you happier???

People might get the impression that you're a jealous jackhole. Oh and
a sexist. (See your sig.)

>Plug
>"That's what I like, Nice tits, she's got a bit of class"
>Singer with Internationally hated underachieving Indie supergroup "CHARLEY"
>http://www.charley-online.co.uk

Nice sig jackhole.

Paul

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> oh right so only you and your jackhole friend can have opinions. makes
> sense.

'Jackhole'?? I've never been called one of *those* before! What does it
mean??

> People might get the impression that you're a jealous jackhole.

Oh! We're *both* 'Jackholes' ! Maybe we can start a new club?

>Oh and a sexist. (See your sig.)

Oh Plug!! How *could* you have said such a sexist thing??

I'm sure that, had Pulg realised the effect your sig would have on
yourself, he'd never have even *considered* adding such a *sexist* comment?
Right, Plug?

> >"That's what I like, Nice tits, she's got a bit of class"
> >Singer with Internationally hated underachieving Indie supergroup
"CHARLEY"
> >http://www.charley-online.co.uk

> Nice sig jackhole.

But if it's the lyric of a song, how can you complain? It's 'art', and as
relevant as *your* Eels quote sig!

Double standards *again*, Jilly?

trouble maker

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
On 16 Feb 2000 01:42:46 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>Sad to have to agree with you there! But wouldn't the world be a better
>place if there were more of me?

Hell no. There's already one too many.

>> And if you really consider yourself an example
>> of a typical music consumer....
>
>Don't put words into my mouth, Jill. I never said that I was *typical*.
>Quite the opposite actually (or atypical if you prefer). I have a modicum
>of taste. This is why I feel that you are flogging a dead horse.

Here's what you said: "I am the voice of the record buying public."
Bullshit you are, you're the voice of a jackhole.

>>.......then have fun with all those Ricky Martin
>> and Brandy Spears CDs.
>
>Brandy Spears? I'm not sure that I've heard of her! Is she Britney's
>sister?

Alright, Brandy. And Brittney Spears.

>>ok , besides Morrissey what bands do you like?
>
>Who ever sad that I liked Morrissey? You jump to too many conclusions!

Good, if you don't like Morrissey then you are officially dismissed
from this newsgroup. Bye bye jackhole!

>> I'll happily tell you whether or not they suck.
>
>I'd neither welcome your opinions, nor take them to heart. I know the bands
>you like.

And I don't welcome your opinions either, jackhole. So it's time to
zip up your lip as Morrissey would say.

>*ALL* bands have 'bedroom tapes'. Why would you record and publicise a
>song, that isn't your best?

Because the person I was recording with is a wild guitarist so I chose
my most guitar friendly number. Most of my songs at the time were
keyboard based. But it's not like you understand these concepts is it?

>I see! Just as long as your song isn't a direct copy of another song, then
>that is good enough for you? Try banging wooden spoons on the bottom of a
>saucepan, whilst yodelling the Star Spangled Banner'. That would be
>'original', but it'd still be crap.

Why don't you do it if you're such an expert on crap. Have fun
jackhole.

>Why should I post my cv here? Let's just say that I've 'been around'. Take
>it as you will.

Ooh, we're so curious now. You're so damn fascinating, especially your
opinions.

>Oh dear! You've finally lost it!

No, that would be YOU.

trouble maker

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:40:02 -0000, "Plug" <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk>
wrote:

>Well the answer to that is yes, I get it, you pay good money for the same
>product, and you are surprised that it doesn't change, I get it, I just
>don't quite believe you expected anything else. Get it?

Oh ok so Morrissey's live performances = product.

>> Good for those people, but I have my own opinions. If I wanted to hear
>> Smiths songs I'd choose something that hasn't been already done on a
>> Smiths or Morrissey tour.
>
>As in "Last night I dreamt..." which The Smiths never performed live in
>England.

Yeah, and then it because *the* encore. An artist can pick more than
one song for an encore.

> However, Smiths are a defunct 80s group. I'm
>> not going to a Morrissey show in the year 2000 to hear old songs.
>> Morrissey claims to have new material, but he has no interest in
>> incorporating it into his shows. Therefore to me these shows are
>> completely unecessary and only being performed for the sake of raking
>> in cash.
>
>If that is what you believe, why did you go on more than one occasion? The
>set-lists were quite widely known. Don't start of on the cash thing, if he
>did it purely for the love of music, we wouldn't be here discussing his
>merits.

Why did I go? Because I bought my tix months in advance not
prediciting that the show wasn't going to change.

>> You and your sandbox playmate are the childish ones, don't forget it
>
>Oh dear, hit a nerve have we dear? Perhaps if you were a little less
>self-assured and would listen to others arguments you might find people's

You hate self assured womyn who don't bow down to lap up your bullshit
don't you?

>reaction less childish. Do you feel that name-calling is an adult way to
>conduct yourself??

If the name suits you then yes I do. My conduct isn't a question.

Paul

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

trouble maker <thr...@inetworld.netWTR> wrote

> >Well the answer to that is yes, I get it, you pay good money for the
same
> >product, and you are surprised that it doesn't change, I get it, I just
> >don't quite believe you expected anything else. Get it?

> Oh ok so Morrissey's live performances = product.

Of *course* it does! Anything that provides income, is *product*

> >As in "Last night I dreamt..." which The Smiths never performed live in
> >England.

> Yeah, and then it because *the* encore. An artist can pick more than
> one song for an encore.

Yes, that's true! But Morrissey *chooses* to end the shows with that song!
It's up to *him* & him *alone*. I hope that we never get to the state
where the fans can decide what the artist sings!

> You hate self assured womyn who don't bow down to lap up your bullshit
> don't you?

'Womyn'? Do you wear dungarees, by any chance, Jilly?

Plug

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

> Oh ok so Morrissey's live performances = product.

In your eyes obviously

> >> Good for those people, but I have my own opinions. If I wanted to hear
> >> Smiths songs I'd choose something that hasn't been already done on a
> >> Smiths or Morrissey tour.
> >

> >As in "Last night I dreamt..." which The Smiths never performed live in
> >England.
>
> Yeah, and then it because *the* encore. An artist can pick more than
> one song for an encore.

An artist can therefore pick and choose when he or she plays any new
material surely???????

> Why did I go? Because I bought my tix months in advance not
> prediciting that the show wasn't going to change.

And you coud also choose to sell the tickets, I feel sure there was a demand
for them

> You hate self assured womyn who don't bow down to lap up your bullshit
> don't you?

Self assured women I adore, misinformed ones, less so

> If the name suits you then yes I do. My conduct isn't a question.

In my experience, name -calling is usually the last resort of someone who
has no real point to make, but simply loves the sound of their own voice

--
Plug
"Stripped bare of you, she won't turn out the light"

Plug

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:33:29 -0000, "Plug" <pl...@plugsworld.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> >And who voted you in as the spokesman on all things musical???
>
> oh right so only you and your jackhole friend can have opinions. makes
> sense.

My opinion can be changed by a good argument, however "I am right and you
are wrong" is not a good argument

> >This is the CLASSIC excuse for all failed bedroom musicians Paul as we
both
> >know.
>
> How does a bedroom musician fail anyway? I consider myself successful
> because I have good projects going and am doing what I want.

Well done, as a musician I am pleased for you, however "project" is such a
terrible way to describe such a beautiful process, don't you agree?

> >> Oh really? Were you "on" the tour like old Plug-away?
> >
> >Jill, I have apologised, and am happy to do so again, for misinforming
the
> >ng as to the actual part I played in the tour i.e. None whatsoever. You
> >really don't need to continue harping on about it, people will get the
> >impression that you are a bitter old witch, and I would hate for that to
> >happen. I shall apologise in person to the band on their return to these
> >sunny shores. Does that make you happier???
>

> People might get the impression that you're a jealous jackhole. Oh and

> a sexist. (See your sig.)

But what on earth do I have to be jealous about? Sexism is a very strong
accusation Jill, don't you find taking one line out of context a very
dangerous thing? You see, the quote I used is from a non-Morrissey song,
just like yours. It has no relevance to the group, just like yours, however
I understand the context, and you do not, so it's a shame that you are
instantly judgemental really.

> >Plug

> >"That's what I like, Nice tits, she's got a bit of class"

> >Singer with Internationally hated underachieving Indie supergroup
"CHARLEY"
> >http://www.charley-online.co.uk
> >>

> Nice sig jackhole.

Terrible insult Jill!!!!!

--
Plug
"So get down on this, then try to smile"

trouble maker

Feb 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/18/00
On 16 Feb 2000 22:27:24 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>> Here's what you said: "I am the voice of the record buying public."
>> Bullshit you are, you're the voice of a jackhole.
>

>And where is the word 'typical' in that sentence? I buy records, therefore
>I represent the 'record buying public'. Geddit?

Typical is implied. Just because you buy records doesn't mean you
represent the "record buying public." You represent yourself, one
jackhole.

>> >Who ever sad that I liked Morrissey? You jump to too many conclusions!
>
>> Good, if you don't like Morrissey then you are officially dismissed
>> from this newsgroup.
>

>When did I say that I *don't* like Morrissey? As I said earlier, you jump
>to too many conclusions. That is your downfall.

I do nothing of the sort. You deny liking and disliking Morrissey. One
needs no more information to come to a conclusion about how completely
stupid you are.

>> >*ALL* bands have 'bedroom tapes'. Why would you record and publicise a
>> >song, that isn't your best?
>
>> Because the person I was recording with is a wild guitarist so I chose
>> my most guitar friendly number.
>

>Why? Were you pandering to the masses, Ms Jilly? You? The woman who claims
>to posess originality, and who refuses to conform?

How is using a guitar pandering to the masses?

>>Most of my songs at the time were keyboard based
>

>And you chose not to use your best work to publicise your fantastic group
>of San Diegan minstrels?

I don't have a group of San Diegan minstrels you jackhole. I choose to
record whatever songs I find will work for the particular situation. I
don't see why it concerns you so much.

>It's already been done! I was referring to the demo bootleg I heard, of
>'Walking in Your Shoes'. I though I'd made myself pretty clear?

That's not a "demo bootleg," it's a "promo," do you see the
distinction? And you got the title wrong too, jackhole.

>By the way, what was the 'slurping' noise that I could hear throught the
>MP3 of 'Walking In Your Shoes'?

I wouldn't know. I've never heard the MP3. But thanks for the tip,
I'll look into it.

trouble maker

Feb 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/18/00
On 18 Feb 2000 02:21:54 GMT, "Paul " <Pa...@atb.softnet.co.NOSPAMuk>
wrote:

>> You represent yourself, one jackhole.
>

>You're rather fond of that word, aren't you?

Yes I am because netcops like yourself can't complain about it to
system administrators.

>> I do nothing of the sort. You deny liking and disliking Morrissey.
>

>No I didn't!! I neither confirmed, nor denied my status as a Morrissey
>fan. There is a BIG difference!

Not when you falsely accuse someone of jumping to conclusions. You
better start explaining your status as a Morrissey fan right now.

>>One needs no more information to come to a conclusion about
>>how completely stupid you are.
>

>So if I *don't* like Morrissey, does that make me stupid, or intelligent?
>
>So if I *do* like Morrissey, does that make me stupid, or intelligent?
>
>How can you judge my IQ, simply from my stance on Morrissey?

I think you're stupid, that's my opinion.

>> >Why? Were you pandering to the masses, Ms Jilly? You? The woman who
>claims
>> >to posess originality, and who refuses to conform?
>
>> How is using a guitar pandering to the masses?
>

>Because you *chose* to use the guitar based song, because you thought it
>would be more popular than your keyboard based songs. You said that
>yourself!

I didn't say squat about popularity. Don't jump to conclusions little
boy.

>> I don't have a group of San Diegan minstrels you jackhole.
>

>Oh, so you play all of the instruments yourself then?

I work with rock stars, not minstrels, you dig?

>>I choose to record whatever songs I find will work for the particular
>situation.
>

>Which 'situation' would *that* be?

Who, when, where, that kind of stuff. Like it's your concern.

>> >It's already been done! I was referring to the demo bootleg I heard, of
>> >'Walking in Your Shoes'. I though I'd made myself pretty clear?
>
>> That's not a "demo bootleg," it's a "promo," do you see the

>> distinction? .
>
>I was talking about the 'demo bootleg' of the song before you recorded the
>version that is downloadable.

You didn't get it from me.

>By the way, I believe that you're confusing the term 'promo', with the term
>'festering pile of unoriginality'.

Thanks for the publicity. Now people will be more interested in me.

>> And you got the title wrong too, jackhole
>

>Oh well, I'm not surprised though, I told you it was instantly forgettable.

Except for the fact that you can't and will never forget it.

>> >By the way, what was the 'slurping' noise that I could hear throught the
>> >MP3 of 'Walking In Your Shoes'?
>
>> I wouldn't know. I've never heard the MP3. But thanks for the tip,
>> I'll look into it.
>

>No need! I've worked out what it is!!
>
>It's just the song 'sucking'.

Ooh that's funny. I don't have time for your little games. Here's
what some people said abut your "noise" complaint:
"He's an uncultured swine that doesn't know what a phaser effect is on
a guitar"
"must have a bad player.sometimes the decoding can be 'chirpy
sounding'...Jackhole for sure"
Now I'm going to tell them that you're an immature little boy.