RIP Graeme Edge

Mike Holl

Nov 26, 2021, 3:44:34 PM11/26/21
I heard of his passing on BBC World Service, fittingly enough. Didn't realize he had been sick for some time. Glad that he experienced the RnRHoF induction - and that his poetry was widely mentioned along with his drumming.

I grew up on the core-7 and examined the gatefold sleeves to get some idea of who these guys were. The Legend of a Band documentary told me that Graeme was a good-humored fellow. I ran into the guys before a show many years ago, and count myself privileged to have worked with them from afar at an online event in the very early days of the Internet (pre-web, even!) But time keeps marching on and a rare few of us are as fortunate to leave a legacy as rich, as far-reaching, and as thoughtful as these gents.

Thanks for the music, the poetry, and for keeping the beat, Graeme!