RIP Morris Pert

progea

Apr 28, 2010, 6:59:40 PM4/28/10
Scottish composer/drummer-percussionist (Brand X (therefore slightly
off-topic for alt.music.genesis), Mike Oldfield, etc.) Sep 9th, 1947 -
April 27th, 2010

http://www.morrispert.com/

I just found out from a Friend Status of Maggie Reilly's MySpace

Message has been deleted

Wayfarer

Apr 29, 2010, 8:43:00 AM4/29/10

Sad new. :-(

R.I.P.

-- Javier Llorente "Wayfarer"
http://javierllorente.es
http://www.thewayfarer.info
http://www.amadian.com

Harlequin

Apr 29, 2010, 9:55:06 AM4/29/10
Sad news....

He also worked with Peter Gabriel (III & IV, at least)

Mike Dickson

Apr 29, 2010, 6:15:05 PM4/29/10
Harlequin wrote:

> Sad news....
> He also worked with Peter Gabriel (III & IV, at least)

Very sad. The albums are both shit.

--
Mike Dickson, Edinburgh

Free Music Project: http://www.mikedickson.org.uk/
Or http://www.last.fm/music/Mike+Dickson
Or http://soundcloud.com/mikedickson
Or http://www.planetmellotron.com/revd4.htm#mikedickson
Or http://www.myspace.com/mellotronworks

Tony Elka

Apr 29, 2010, 8:52:54 PM4/29/10
In article <83uen9...@mid.individual.net>,
Mike Dickson <forename...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Harlequin wrote:
>
> > Sad news....
> > He also worked with Peter Gabriel (III & IV, at least)
>
> Very sad. The albums are both shit.

I still enjoy The Family and the Fishing Net.

Tony

Chuck

Apr 30, 2010, 10:10:20 AM4/30/10
On Apr 29, 6:15�pm, Mike Dickson <forename.surn...@geemail.com> wrote:

> > He also worked with Peter Gabriel (III & IV, at least)
>
> Very sad. The albums are both shit.

Safe to say you are not a PG solo fan. Those are his two best, IMO.

CB

Mike Dickson

Apr 30, 2010, 6:33:55 PM4/30/10
Chuck wrote:

>>> He also worked with Peter Gabriel (III & IV, at least)
>> Very sad. The albums are both shit.
>
> Safe to say you are not a PG solo fan.

Did you work that out all by your self?

Tony Elka

Apr 30, 2010, 6:43:01 PM4/30/10
In article <84146j...@mid.individual.net>,
Mike Dickson <forename...@geemail.com> wrote:

> >> Very sad. The albums are both shit.
> >
> > Safe to say you are not a PG solo fan.
>
> Did you work that out all by your self?

He might have used the built-in abacus function inside the new Apple
iPad.

Tony

Mike Dickson

May 1, 2010, 12:48:27 AM5/1/10
Tony Elka wrote:

>>> Safe to say you are not a PG solo fan.
>> Did you work that out all by your self?
>

> He might have used the built-in abacus function inside the new Apple
> iPad.
>
> Tony

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3157786/iPad%20v%20Blu-Tac.jpg

Chuck

May 1, 2010, 11:13:28 AM5/1/10
On Apr 30, 6:33�pm, Mike Dickson <forename.surn...@geemail.com> wrote:
> >> Very sad. The albums are both shit.
>
> > Safe to say you are not a PG solo fan.
>
> Did you work that out all by your self?
>
> --
> Mike Dickson, Edinburgh

Multiple musicologist consultants met via a webinar to reach that
decision.
I'm going to see PG, 5th row center, Sunday PM at Radio City. To each
their own... I'm psyched!

CB
"No more miracles, loaves and fishes, been so busy with the washing of
the dishes" - 1982

Tony Elka

May 1, 2010, 12:58:05 PM5/1/10
In article
<600afb56-a9dd-444b...@e2g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
Chuck <ShorT...@aol.com> wrote:

> Multiple musicologist consultants met via a webinar to reach that
> decision.

The same can be said about this:

http://www.wired.com/listening_post/2008/04/a-scientific-at/

I can only hope that Morris Pert never had to hear it.

Tony