All You Need Is Love

gordonwt

Feb 23, 2011, 10:01:03 PM2/23/11
Just watched last part of this documentary series on Sky Arts 1 and was
surprised to see a fairly large portion showing Mr Oldfield at work on
Ommadawn back in the dim and distant 70's with a dim and distant Mr Branson
talking about aforesaid Mr Oldfield.............don't suppose this Oldfield
guy is still alive and planning to create some good music anytime soon?? ;)

Wayfarer

Feb 25, 2011, 2:46:16 AM2/25/11

I think he's retired, just enjoying life with his wife and his little
children.

-- Wayfarer

Covenant

Feb 27, 2011, 8:49:37 AM2/27/11

"Wayfarer" <jllo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

But at least we're getting the pleasure of paying for remixes of all the old
stuff again!

;' )

(TBH they've been worth it for the additional material SO far!)

I wonder if..... nah... when he eventually gets to the Crises one wont have
FINALLY the Wembley video will it...??? AFter all, the rest have had
material that he wouldn't previous allow out there!

--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Markus K.

Mar 5, 2011, 9:00:14 AM3/5/11
On 27.2.2011 15:49, Covenant wrote:
> I wonder if..... nah... when he eventually gets to the Crises one wont have
> FINALLY the Wembley video will it...??? AFter all, the rest have had
> material that he wouldn't previous allow out there!

Well, we have the (bootleg) audio already and we know what he looked
like back then so I don't see why we couldn't be allowed to see the
video too. :)

(Except for possible technical quality and copyright problems of course)

Markus K.

Covenant

Mar 6, 2011, 3:25:22 PM3/6/11

"Markus K." <sp...@spam.spam> wrote in message

The only problem during the show was the occasional feedback.
(Very occasional)

The amount of cameras that were on him I find it hard to believe it wasnt
*good enough* from all of them.
I cant but believe it was just not seen to be economically viable at the
time.

Still..... lets see, huh?

;' )

Carole

Mar 6, 2011, 8:11:09 PM3/6/11
On 3/6/11 12:25 PM, Covenant wrote:

> The only problem during the show was the occasional feedback.
> (Very occasional)
>
> The amount of cameras that were on him I find it hard to believe it wasnt
> *good enough* from all of them.
> I cant but believe it was just not seen to be economically viable at the
> time.
>
> Still..... lets see, huh?
>
> ;' )

Wow, people are still alive out there? :-)

Carole
A Woman Who Thought Everyone in this newsgroup had croaked :)

Covenant

Mar 7, 2011, 6:11:16 AM3/7/11

"Carole" <thenew...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Nooooo zombies here..

Nope... not a one...

Noooooooo zombies.....

--
Covenant
A Man Who Just Wants To Eat Your Brains.....Oooo What A Giveaway!

Carole

Mar 8, 2011, 5:13:03 PM3/8/11
On 3/7/11 3:11 AM, Covenant wrote:
> -- Covenant A Man Who Just Wants To Eat Your Brains.....Oooo What A
> Giveaway!

You may get your chance. I am thinking of applying to the University of
Dundee :) I just signed up for online courses at the University of
Oxford. Dundee has some good post graduate programs though :)

Carole
A Woman whose brain will be getting better :)

Covenant

Mar 9, 2011, 4:06:12 AM3/9/11