Random Mike Musings

ally...@gmail.com

May 10, 2016, 2:13:30 AM5/10/16
It gives me such joy thinking about Mike's Zappa audition. It's amazing in so many ways, one of which bs\eing his playing of Night School with no accompaniment. I'll never be able to hear that song without thinking about two musical visionaries, what seems like their inevitable encounter, and all the magic that surrounds both of them.

I'm a huge Zappa fan, and unsurprisingly got into Mike's music through Frank, but I would take Scambot 2, without hearing a piece of it yet, over all of incredible goodies yet to come from the new Alex Winter Kickstarter campaign. And I've pledged and can't wait to be wowed by unearthed amazings.

It feels like any of Mike's songs could be his best song. Is it Bobeau? That's Why I Have no Name? You Must be This Tall? How do you pick favorite worlds? I guess you can try. But all of MK's worlds seem unexplored and equally gratifying.

A recent interviewer was asking Mike about the intention of some of his shorter songs, seemingly not "getting" a song like Plum. I'm sorry but if you don't get Plum then maybe you should move on. I know this sentiment sounds trite and juvenile, but fuck that songs is beautiful. Is that Mike's best song? Ultimately who cares about best songs. Mike Keneally is crafting records that stand as statements to boundless creativity and a spiritual DUTY to create.

Sorry for the rant. I'm so excited to hear the new record.

Antal Adriaanse

May 11, 2016, 9:39:23 AM5/11/16
Scambot 2 is coming soon!

AA

KevinDouglasPhD

May 12, 2016, 2:42:24 PM5/12/16
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 6:39:23 AM UTC-7, Antal Adriaanse wrote:
> Scambot 2 is coming soon!
>
> AA

Excited about the track list!