Zappa: Dance Me This

Chris Ingalls

Jul 24, 2015, 9:47:13 AM7/24/15
Anyone heard this? Care to weigh in? The whole thing was on YouTube for a hot second before the ZFT got wind of it. Pretty amazing Synclavier stuff, the Tuvan Throat Singers make a couple of appearances that really work well (in a weird, Zappa-esque way). The title track features a brief FZ guitar solo that - I believe - was the last time Frank's guitar playing was recorded.

Bill

Jul 31, 2015, 7:46:54 AM7/31/15
I'm still absorbing it. So far, I very much like the Wolf Harbor suite.
--
Bill

Hagrinas Mivali

Aug 4, 2015, 4:50:02 PM8/4/15
I never felt that his Synclavier stuff measured up to his human stuff.
It doesn't sound like a band or orchestra to me. I find that especially
true of the drums. It would be nice if selective tracks were stripped
out of the mix and replaced by recordings of actual musicians playing it.

Ori

Aug 4, 2015, 6:48:15 PM8/4/15
I can see why you'd feel that way. Still, I think Night School, for example, is a really great piece of music. I really love that one.