OT: Tubes fans: Whatever happened to David Killingsworth?

Brian Bernardini

Jul 17, 2003, 9:40:55 PM7/17/03
As you might know, David Killingsworth was the guy that replaced Fee
Waybill for a brief time. An albums worth of demos were done, and some
live shows were performed (with a Steen, Anderson, Spooner, Welnick,
Prince lineup). Anybody know what happened to Mr. Killingsworth?

-B

Dave Wilcher

Jul 17, 2003, 9:54:46 PM7/17/03
Brian Bernardini wrote:
> As you might know, David Killingsworth was the guy that replaced Fee
> Waybill for a brief time. An albums worth of demos were done, and some
> live shows were performed (with a Steen, Anderson, Spooner, Welnick,
> Prince lineup). Anybody know what happened to Mr. Killingsworth?

We were going to kill him, but decided he wasn't worth it.

Err, sorry, no,

dave
--
The best cure for the ills of democracy is more democracy. - Ed Abbey

Bill

Jul 17, 2003, 10:44:35 PM7/17/03

Jul 18, 2003, 11:48:10 AM7/18/03

Are you kidding me? I never knew that. Fee Waybill WAS The Tubes. It was
shocking enough when the whats-his-name joined the Dead. Sheesh!

-g

Brian Bernardini

Jul 18, 2003, 12:05:23 PM7/18/03
In article <_EURa.4833$KZ.17...@news1.news.adelphia.net>,
g <stabu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Perhaps, but Bill Spooner wrote and sang some great tunes as well, and
sings a whole bunch of the songs in the Killingsworth shows. Fee could
never have sung "Feel It" or "Don't Want To Wait Anymore" as well as
Bill.

scott...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2016, 1:53:58 AM3/27/16
I saw a Killingworth show in Atlanta in '86. Didn't expect him , was expecting Fee, initially disappointed. He won me over and delivered an exceptional set. Now I understand the circumstances, he gave a yeoman performance and left it all onstage. The band, of course, was tight. Spooner lit a huge joint onstage and passed it along to the fans, I got a toke, it was real pot, a great show. Spooner was especially "on" during this gig, it was top shelf.

slammr...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2017, 11:18:47 AM7/5/17
lives in Hawaii carpenter