REQ: IMF? Converter

Adam Nielsen

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Hi!

If anyone out there remembers those good old games like Commander Keen and
Wolfenstein 3D, you should remember the music.
I really like the music, and I've been trying to figure out the format for
ages, but so far I've only been able to establish that it's in an IMF
format, which is similar to a CMF or FM MIDI.

If anyone knows of a converter that can convert it to MIDI, could you please
e-mail me and tell me where it is.

Thanks,
Adam.

P.S. I already know that *some* of the music from these games is on the
Internet, but not all of it (which is why I'm after the converter).

Guenter Nagler

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Adam Nielsen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> If anyone out there remembers those good old games like Commander Keen and
> Wolfenstein 3D, you should remember the music.
> I really like the music, and I've been trying to figure out the format for
> ages, but so far I've only been able to establish that it's in an IMF
> format, which is similar to a CMF or FM MIDI.
>
> If anyone knows of a converter that can convert it to MIDI, could you please
> e-mail me and tell me where it is.

yes once I have written one, it is a DOS program that worked with
Wolfenstein, I will send you the imf utilities including C++ sources by
mail.

Guenter