Invincible Sales & Status

Justin Pugh

Aug 1, 2001, 3:30:13 PM8/1/01
Does anyone believe the album will sell over 1 million copies its first
week??

Does anyone believe by years end the album will be platinum??

Will the album win a Grammy??

Will MJ do a small tour??

Steve Foster

Aug 1, 2001, 3:37:55 PM8/1/01

"Justin Pugh" <jp...@knology.net> wrote in message

> Does anyone believe the album will sell over 1 million copies its first
> week??

Yes, I predict at least 2 million

> Does anyone believe by years end the album will be platinum??

Try 3x Platinum

> Will the album win a Grammy??

I predict at least 3 Grammys

> Will MJ do a small tour??

He shall do a US Tour

The great one has spoken.......

PAdams4232

Aug 1, 2001, 3:40:19 PM8/1/01
>>Does anyone believe the album will sell over 1 million copies its first
week??<<

I have a feeling that the cd will cost oh I don't know...30-40 bucks.

>>Does anyone believe by years end the album will be platinum??<<

no and yes...depends on if the album will be released in 2001. I know there is
a "set" date but who knows.

>>Will the album win a Grammy??<<

will it be out in time for next year's grammy? If no, will he release anything
in the USA? If no...than I highly doubt he'll be up for many or win many...

Paula-a "fan"/"admirer" of Michael Jackson but consider him, at the moment,
very selfish and in it for the $$ not the talent

Steve Foster

Aug 1, 2001, 5:35:25 PM8/1/01
How the hell is he in it for the money? he has been making millions since
1972. Arrgh!!!! your driving me crazy lady...lol
"PAdams4232" <padam...@aol.comNo2Spam> wrote in message

John Smith

Aug 1, 2001, 7:01:08 PM8/1/01
Yes times 4. I think He'll win multiple Grammys.

John Smith

Aug 1, 2001, 7:02:54 PM8/1/01
> Paula-a "fan"/"admirer" of Michael Jackson but consider him, at the
moment,
> very selfish and in it for the $$ not the talent

You go girl. Even if he ends up puting it all towards his new charity whose
bank accounts probably haven't been activated yet.

Metaphor

Aug 2, 2001, 12:56:21 PM8/2/01

"Justin Pugh" <jp...@knology.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone believe the album will sell over 1 million copies its first
> week??

Worldwide maybe but not in the US, not a chance.

> Does anyone believe by years end the album will be platinum??

Hopefully it will be more than that.

John Smith

Aug 1, 2001, 8:12:26 PM8/1/01
> Worldwide maybe but not in the US, not a chance.

Still that would be damn good.

"Metaphor" <metap...@telstra.com> wrote in message

PAdams4232

Aug 1, 2001, 8:26:27 PM8/1/01
>>How the hell is he in it for the money? he has been making millions since
1972. Arrgh!!!! your driving me crazy lady...lol<<

that's why I'm here lol ;-) No in all seriousness, I didn't mean to ruffle
anyone's feathers by stating in so many MORE words, that I don't agree with the
prices... I love him dearly...I just don't agree with the prices.

Paula

COZMIC KlD

Aug 1, 2001, 9:56:32 PM8/1/01
>> Does anyone believe the album will sell over 1 million copies its first
>> week?

Well, I have unending faith in America's willingness to buy CRAP -- so if they
can put pure garbage at the top, then any good album should stand the
chance....but I wonder more about our current preoccupation with first week
sales.

This whole thing is a relatively new phenomon, and doesn't really prove
anything....I mean Michael, the Beatles, Elvis, Prince.....None of them ever
sold millions in their first week....does that make them failures?

The Industry just found a new high water mark to shoot for.....a new 'record'
to tout for their latest big act. Big first week sales are nice and flashy, but
I think how well the music affects people 'over time' is the true teller of
importance and relevance.

Besides, it takes millions of teens to rush out and get it, plus industry
shufflilng to accomplish such a ridiculous tally - it's so contrived.

I personally think that Michael will move something between Dangerous and
HIStory numbers -- more than enough to assure a high opening....leave all the
RUSH RUSH to the kids still trying to make it....Michael and his career has
legs and he knows it's how you FINISH, not how you START.

Patrick Moore

Aug 1, 2001, 11:38:45 PM8/1/01

Justin Pugh <jp...@knology.net> a écrit dans le message :
rJY97.5508$C7.40...@e3500-chi1.usenetserver.com...

Hey! Who knows?? Can anyone predict the future here??

kemazz

Aug 2, 2001, 9:51:49 AM8/2/01
agreed. although it would be nice if people like Michael Jackson can bring
some honor back to the grammys.

--
MJ to Media: "All yall sons-a-bitches can just kiss my ass!"

MJEOL
http://www.kemazz.com

Other Great MJ Sites
http://100.mosiqa.com/michael/yum.php?id=kemazz

'Fiction reveals truth that reality obscures'-Jessamyn West
"pah" <p...@bah.com> wrote in message
| On Wed, 01 Aug 2001 23:01:08 GMT, "John Smith"

| <Patman_...@hotmail.comnospam> wrote:
|
| >Yes times 4. I think He'll win multiple Grammys.
|

| grammy shmammy. Since when have a bunch of old-timers in suits more
| concerned with politics than music ever been the gauge of anything?
|
| Gimme a rocking ablum; the grammys are just a sales tool for the
| gullible public.

PAdams4232

Aug 2, 2001, 10:30:16 AM8/2/01
>>Gimme a rocking ablum; the grammys are just a sales tool for the
gullible public.<<

that helped Michael's sales in the past as well...as they (and other awards
shows) do with every artist out there.

Nat

Aug 2, 2001, 8:49:10 PM8/2/01
kemazz <in...@kemazz.com> wrote:

> agreed. although it would be nice if people like Michael Jackson can bring
> some honor back to the grammys.

Not to mention that he really WANTS to win.

obsessedmoronMJMusic-aholic

Aug 2, 2001, 8:50:08 PM8/2/01
Ya but we all know...:::looks around & whispers::: Mike luvs to break a record
or recieve an award =)

>This whole thing is a relatively new phenomon, and doesn't really prove
>anything....I mean Michael, the Beatles, Elvis, Prince.....None of them ever
>sold millions in their first week....does that make them failures?
>
>The Industry just found a new high water mark to shoot for.....a new 'record'
>to tout for their latest big act. Big first week sales are nice and flashy,
>but

<HTML>love to all moonwal100<BR>
<A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/~moonwal100">
<BR>~ A Tribute to my Champion~</A> <BR>at Non's request no more pocketstuffer
=0)</HTML>

obsessedmoronMJMusic-aholic

Aug 2, 2001, 8:51:49 PM8/2/01
:::big fat grin & shit even:::

>Not to mention that he really WANTS to win.

breakert

Aug 3, 2001, 1:07:45 AM8/3/01
he has to win a vma award or two.....that would get the teens attention
obsessedmoronMJMusic-aholic <moonw...@aol.com> wrote in message

Giorgio Signori

Aug 2, 2001, 6:17:02 AM8/2/01
"pah" <p...@bah.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> album of all time, based on Grammys alone. Preposterous. (no offensse

"Ooooh, nobody gives me an award..."
"But you have a Grammy!"
"But I mean an award that's worth waiting for!"

"The opinion of Mr. Simpson may not respect the opinion of the authos, who
don't consider the Grammy an award at all."

From The Simpsons :-)
--
Giorgio

*Bohye*

Aug 1, 2001, 5:37:58 PM8/1/01

> Does anyone believe the album will sell over 1 million copies its first
> week??

I think so.

> Does anyone believe by years end the album will be platinum??

Of course!

> Will the album win a Grammy??

Grammy's not a great award. But if it comes out, it will definitely win
several.

> Will MJ do a small tour??

small tour? no way..
Be big tour!

John

Aug 3, 2001, 12:31:09 PM8/3/01

"Giorgio Signori" <g.signo...@telvia.it> wrote in message

> "pah" <p...@bah.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> > album of all time, based on Grammys alone. Preposterous. (no offensse
>
> "Ooooh, nobody gives me an award..."
> "But you have a Grammy!"
> "But I mean an award that's worth waiting for!"

LOL :)

Cloudweaver00

Aug 3, 2001, 5:11:03 PM8/3/01
>he has to win a vma award or two.....that would get the teens attention

Screw the teens. MJ is one of the few acts that had/has a strong fanbase among
older and younger adults. He has twentysomethings and fortysomethings alike who
love him, whether they will admit it or not. If he can reclaim that that
market, he won't need to go out of his way to appeal to the teenybopper set.
Hell, Celine Dion sells millions and millions. You can't tell me that she has a
substantial number of teen fans. It's just a matter knowing who your market is
and making them happy. That is of course, if you care about album sales.

-Blue

Jason E. Vines

Aug 5, 2001, 7:38:44 AM8/5/01

"Cloudweaver00" <cloudw...@aol.com> wrote in message

Blue, one of the reasons Michael Jackson was as successful as he was in
the eighties was his appeal to ALL age groups. Kids liked him, teens liked
him, and adults liked him. If Michael wants to remotely approach his huge
numbers from fifteen years ago, he needs to market to everyone. He can't be
an elitist prick.

Cloudweaver00

Aug 5, 2001, 4:19:43 PM8/5/01
>Blue, one of the reasons Michael Jackson was as successful as he was in
>the eighties was his appeal to ALL age groups. Kids liked him, teens liked
>him, and adults liked him. If Michael wants to remotely approach his huge
>numbers from fifteen years ago, he needs to market to everyone. He can't be
>an elitist prick.

I remember very well how popular MJ was in the 80s but I still disagree. MJ can
get very good numbers without having to pander to the teenyboppers. As I
mentioned before, if an artist like Celine Dion can do 6 million in the US
without having to go the teenybopper route, I don't see why MJ can't do the
same thing. There is no need for him to be running around doing cutesy pop
songs and videos and pledging his undying appreciation of Britney Spears just
to attract a young audience. It didn't work for Madonna and Janet and I don't
see how it would work for MJ.

-Blue

kemazz

Aug 5, 2001, 5:10:18 PM8/5/01
Agreed. But sometimes, like with this concert, you have to slap the teeny
boppers and get their attention. The promoters are doing this by inviting
people like BSpears and NSync.

--
'In the end, truth always triumphs'- Michael Jackson, JFam Honors
'If you don't tell them, how will they know?' -kemazz, everyday

MJEOL
http://www.kemazz.com

Vote/Other Great MJ Sites
http://100.mosiqa.com/michael/yum.php?id=kemazz

'If you don't know shit, don't say shit' -kemazz's dad on MJ rumors :-]

"Cloudweaver00" <cloudw...@aol.com> wrote in message

Cloudweaver00

Aug 5, 2001, 5:38:58 PM8/5/01
>Agreed. But sometimes, like with this concert, you have to slap the teeny
>boppers and get their attention. The promoters are doing this by inviting
>people like BSpears and NSync.

Right, right. As much as I may hate it, I understand why it is being done. I
can also see Jason's point that MJ can't be elitist with his marketing if he
wants sales. But I really don't want to see it go to the point where he is
obviously pandering and compromising just for popularity. He is too good for
that.

-Blue

Jason E. Vines

Aug 5, 2001, 5:44:12 PM8/5/01

"Cloudweaver00" <cloudw...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >Blue, one of the reasons Michael Jackson was as successful as he was in
> >the eighties was his appeal to ALL age groups. Kids liked him, teens
liked
> >him, and adults liked him. If Michael wants to remotely approach his
huge
> >numbers from fifteen years ago, he needs to market to everyone. He can't
be
> >an elitist prick.
> >

> I remember very well how popular MJ was in the 80s but I still disagree.
MJ can
> get very good numbers without having to pander to the teenyboppers. As I
> mentioned before, if an artist like Celine Dion can do 6 million in the US
> without having to go the teenybopper route, I don't see why MJ can't do
the
> same thing.

Compared to *NSYNC's numbers, 6 million is shit.

> There is no need for him to be running around doing cutesy pop
> songs and videos

Who said Michael must do that? He should do what he's done in the past:
put out great, danceable songs accompanied by excellent, engrossing videos.
He needs to bring us a bad and dangerous thriller, not a boring history
lesson.

kemazz

Aug 5, 2001, 6:19:33 PM8/5/01
about 6 million:
First of all 6 million is just the US sales. But that's the problem.
Everybody is chasing something (NSync's numbers) that just can't happen with
everyone. There's something called competition that must fall into play.
NSync can't get those high numbers if a person or group of equal talent and
outrageous hype-ability and looks released their album on the same day. Of
course when the thing that's been hyped to death is the only thing being
released that week, it will do incredibly. NSync's old album was the only
thing hyped to death and released in that year. On top of that, NSync has
openly embraced HipHop music and can actually sing. If there were 2 so
called super-groups ( another NSync with the same good looks, singing
talent, and hype-ability because BSB doesn't count) out at the same time, I
doubt NSync would be able to get those kinds of US numbers.

--
'In the end, truth always triumphs'- Michael Jackson, JFam Honors
'If you don't tell them, how will they know?' -kemazz, everyday

MJEOL
http://www.kemazz.com

'If you don't know shit, don't say shit' -kemazz's dad on MJ rumors :-]

"Jason E. Vines" <jvi...@home.com> wrote in message

kemazz

Aug 5, 2001, 6:22:43 PM8/5/01
Yeah, he definitely is. This brings up the Janet Jackson question. I'm
sorry but her new song (Someone to call...) sounds like some mess BSpears
would sing. Its like she was trying to get like BSpears, CAguilera, etc
instead of showing their asses how good she is. You're supposed to give
people who look up to you something else to shoot for; not try to be like
them. I sincerely hope Michael doesn't make that same mistake.

--
'In the end, truth always triumphs'- Michael Jackson, JFam Honors
'If you don't tell them, how will they know?' -kemazz, everyday

MJEOL
http://www.kemazz.com

'If you don't know shit, don't say shit' -kemazz's dad on MJ rumors :-]

"Cloudweaver00" <cloudw...@aol.com> wrote in message

Cloudweaver00

Aug 5, 2001, 6:47:18 PM8/5/01
>Yeah, he definitely is. This brings up the Janet Jackson question. I'm
>sorry but her new song (Someone to call...) sounds like some mess BSpears
>would sing. Its like she was trying to get like BSpears, CAguilera, etc
>instead of showing their asses how good she is. You're supposed to give
>people who look up to you something else to shoot for; not try to be like
>them. I sincerely hope Michael doesn't make that same mistake.

Bingo! This is the point I was trying to make but Jason didn't get. I dig Janet
but everything she has done with this new album seems calculated to compete
with the teen pop girls. The first two singles off her album could have easily
come from any of the blonde pop girls. And when I saw her concert preview on
VH1, heaven help me but I thought I was looking at Britney Spears. After a
great album like Velvet Rope, this new one is a big letdown. I get the feeling
that she and Virgin felt that she needed to go lighter and fluffier with this
album in order to compete with the teen market. That's not what I want to see
from MJ.

>'If you don't know shit, don't say shit' -kemazz's dad on MJ rumors :-]

HA! Your pops is too cute.

-Blue

Jason E. Vines

Aug 5, 2001, 7:45:31 PM8/5/01

"kemazz" <in...@kemazz.com> wrote in message

> about 6 million:
> First of all 6 million is just the US sales. But that's the problem.
> Everybody is chasing something (NSync's numbers) that just can't happen
with
> everyone. There's something called competition that must fall into play.
> NSync can't get those high numbers if a person or group of equal talent
and
> outrageous hype-ability and looks released their album on the same day.
Of
> course when the thing that's been hyped to death is the only thing being
> released that week, it will do incredibly. NSync's old album was the only
> thing hyped to death and released in that year. On top of that, NSync has
> openly embraced HipHop music and can actually sing. If there were 2 so
> called super-groups ( another NSync with the same good looks, singing
> talent, and hype-ability because BSB doesn't count) out at the same time,
> doubt NSync would be able to get those kinds of US numbers.

What's your point? Another such ueber-group does not exist, so the
point is moot.

Dennis Julien

Aug 5, 2001, 9:10:05 PM8/5/01
cloudw...@aol.com (Cloudweaver00) wrote in message news:<20010805184718...@ng-bg1.aol.com>...

tut tut tut...'velvet rope being so much better? I think not.

Nat

Aug 5, 2001, 9:56:37 PM8/5/01
Cloudweaver00 <cloudw...@aol.com> wrote:

> But I really don't want to see it go to the point where he is
> obviously pandering and compromising just for popularity.

He would be compromising if he did TWYMMF with Britney. I can't imagine
that being done without looking tacky.

cjdi...@webtv.net

Aug 5, 2001, 10:49:48 PM8/5/01
Regarding Celine Dion: she sells so many albums because there are so
many gay people out there. I haven't heard a straight person yet say
that they like or own a Celine Dion CD.

Cloudweaver00

Aug 6, 2001, 1:09:24 AM8/6/01
>>Regarding Celine Dion: she sells so many albums because there are so
>>many gay people out there. I haven't heard a straight person yet say
>>that they like or own a Celine Dion CD.
>
>I know plenty.

Me too. Besides, having a ton of gay fans didn't make Madonna's last two albums
blockbusters in the US.

-Blue

John Smith

Aug 6, 2001, 2:33:56 AM8/6/01
> Who said Michael must do that? He should do what he's done in the
past:
> put out great, danceable songs accompanied by excellent, engrossing
videos.
> He needs to bring us a bad and dangerous thriller, not a boring history
> lesson.

Your tastes need to grow up a little. Michael should always set out variety.

John Smith

Aug 6, 2001, 2:35:47 AM8/6/01
> What's your point? Another such ueber-group does not exist, so the
> point is moot.

*Whipping out dictionary*

"Jason E. Vines" <jvi...@home.com> wrote in message

John Smith

Aug 6, 2001, 2:36:31 AM8/6/01
Are you sure? I haven't heard any gay people buying them, just middle-aged
and older straight people.

<cjdi...@webtv.net> wrote in message

kemazz

John

Aug 6, 2001, 10:00:12 AM8/6/01
HIStory was one cool CD!
I really thought MJs music had progressed on that album and felt that the
his personality was written all over it. And his views to how he was being
treated by the general media.

"John Smith" <Patman_...@hotmail.comnospam> wrote in message

kemazz

Aug 6, 2001, 10:03:25 AM8/6/01
| HIStory was one cool CD!
| I really thought MJs music had progressed on that album and felt that the
| his personality was written all over it. And his views to how he was being
| treated by the general media

Exactly! He definitely jumped up to another level with HIStory Continues.

--
'In the end, truth always triumphs'- Michael Jackson, JFam Honors
'If you don't tell them, how will they know?' -kemazz, everyday

MJEOL
http://www.kemazz.com

'If you don't know shit, don't say shit' -kemazz's dad on MJ rumors :-]

"John" <johnst...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jason E. Vines

Aug 6, 2001, 11:20:55 AM8/6/01
Yes. But I still don't see why expecting Michael Jackson to attain or
even beat *NSYNC's numbers is unreasonable.

"kemazz" <in...@kemazz.com> wrote in message

Jason E. Vines

Aug 6, 2001, 11:21:46 AM8/6/01
HIStory had a nice theme, but nice themes don't necessarily make good
music.

Jason E. Vines

Aug 6, 2001, 11:22:34 AM8/6/01

"John Smith" <Patman_...@hotmail.comnospam> wrote in message
> > Who said Michael must do that? He should do what he's done in the
> past:
> > put out great, danceable songs accompanied by excellent, engrossing
> videos.
> > He needs to bring us a bad and dangerous thriller, not a boring history
> > lesson.
>
> Your tastes need to grow up a little. Michael should always set out
variety.

Who said Michael shouldn't have variety? My point is just that Michael
shouldn't turn his back on what made him great.

Jason E. Vines

Aug 6, 2001, 11:23:02 AM8/6/01
And female teenagers.

"John Smith" <Patman_...@hotmail.comnospam> wrote in message

John Smith

Aug 6, 2001, 11:38:27 AM8/6/01
You said he should just release a danceable album.

"Jason E. Vines" <jvi...@home.com> wrote in message

John Smith

Aug 6, 2001, 11:41:22 AM8/6/01
I don't see how anyone could buy her music. The only song I liked, I heard a
few months back at my Opa's on their cd player. I have a feeling it might
have been called History. "you're just a-nother page in ma hiss-tor-ee..."
It sounded almost like a song Michael could have used instead of his version
of HIStory, yet still maintain the theme of the album. I'd like to find the
name of the song.

"Jason E. Vines" <jvi...@home.com> wrote in message

GoGoJust

Aug 6, 2001, 1:24:47 PM8/6/01
>Yes. But I still don't see why expecting Michael Jackson to attain or
>even beat *NSYNC's numbers is unreasonable.

MJ has to much baggage to attain Nsync's numbers.

kemazz

John

Aug 6, 2001, 1:59:02 PM8/6/01
It takes real guts to put your feelings into your music and then make it
live.
I respect him for that.

"kemazz" <in...@kemazz.com> wrote in message

Jason E. Vines

Aug 6, 2001, 3:30:51 PM8/6/01
No, I didn't say he should JUST release a danceable album. I said
danceability must be a characteristic of the album... but not the ONLY
characteristic.

obsessedmoronMJMusic-aholic

Aug 6, 2001, 4:16:38 PM8/6/01
:::sucks teeth:::
No they din't just go there?

OK, I realize that may not have been intended to offend ::pauses & rubs face::
you know what ::puts up hand::... nevermind I do not even feel the need to
waste my energy further
::flips hair & walks away::

>Regarding Celine Dion: she sells so many albums because there are so
>many gay people out there. I haven't heard a straight person yet say
>that they like or own a Celine Dion CD.

<HTML>love to all moonwal100<BR>
<A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/~moonwal100">
<BR>~ A Tribute to my Champion~</A> <BR>at Non's request no more pocketstuffer
=0)</HTML>

obsessedmoronMJMusic-aholic

Aug 6, 2001, 4:23:53 PM8/6/01
Well...not that I really want to get into this bug jar wit' y'all but one
factor is the appeal of FIVE young men vs. one "king of pop." Each draws a
different fan base, to a certain extent.

> Yes. But I still don't see why expecting Michael Jackson to attain or
>even beat *NSYNC's numbers is unreasonable.

obsessedmoronMJMusic-aholic

Aug 6, 2001, 4:25:04 PM8/6/01
AMEN!!!
^5 brotha man!

>HIStory was one cool CD!
>I really thought MJs music had progressed on that album and felt that the
>his personality was written all over it. And his views to how he was being
>treated by the general media

kemazz

Nat

Aug 6, 2001, 6:16:54 PM8/6/01
Jason E. Vines <jvi...@home.com> wrote:

> HIStory had a nice theme, but nice themes don't necessarily make good
> music.

Most of it is excellent. What's excellent to one person might not be to
the next (thank God!).

Nat

Aug 6, 2001, 6:19:48 PM8/6/01
Jason E. Vines <jvi...@home.com> wrote:

> Who said Michael shouldn't have variety? My point is just that Michael
> shouldn't turn his back on what made him great.

Don't you realize the frame of mind he was in when he put that together?
It wasn't a Thriller or a Dangerous. It was born out of anger and an
anguish so great and it's an artistic portrayal of that anguish. His
only way of expressing his anger at injustice and some people in
particular.

Nat

Aug 6, 2001, 6:28:13 PM8/6/01

> she sells so many albums because there are so
> many gay people out there.

Why would you like Celine just because you're gay?

kemazz

Aug 6, 2001, 11:47:41 PM8/6/01
really....that's interesting...
its my fav MJ cd so far.

--

| >>HIStory was one cool CD!
| >>I really thought MJs music had progressed on that album and felt that
the
| >>his personality was written all over it. And his views to how he was
being
| >>treated by the general media
|

| hmm. I'll say this:
| I'm rarely ever in the mood for DS (ugh!), Money, Tabloid Junkie, etc.
| So the disc doesn't make it's way out to the CD player often.
| Different strokes, I guess.

John Smith

Aug 7, 2001, 4:06:29 AM8/7/01
lol, this is a silly arguement.

"Nat" <nba...@discover-net.net> wrote in message

Caramel Amazon

Aug 7, 2001, 7:05:48 AM8/7/01
I have a girlfriend who is straight who owns a Celine Dion cd.

Paul Evans

Aug 7, 2001, 10:29:25 AM8/7/01
Received email from Art company about release of Michael Jackson painting,
I visited there web site and was blown away.
If this is of any interest to you there web address is
www.hotcanvass.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Best of luck, Paul
Keep Michaeling !

cjdi...@webtv.net

Aug 8, 2001, 12:40:05 PM8/8/01
Maybe it is coincidence. Maybe the stuff she talks about identifies
with them. I didn't say hat you *had* to be gay to like her, but I
would be willing to bet that it helps.

cjdi...@webtv.net

Aug 8, 2001, 12:41:09 PM8/8/01
Key word: "GIRLFRIEND"

John Smith

Aug 8, 2001, 2:02:17 PM8/8/01
It takes more than that to like her!

<cjdi...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Caramel Amazon

Aug 8, 2001, 6:32:42 PM8/8/01
`Girlfriend' is a figure of speech meaning that she is a friend from the
female gender. As I said she is STRAIGHT. My reference to her as my
`girlfriend' does NOT make it a `keyword' as you put it, insinuating
that she is a homosexual. My POINT was that I know someone who is NOT
gay who owns a Celine Dion cd. GET IT?!!!!!

cjdi...@webtv.net

Aug 9, 2001, 4:56:06 AM8/9/01
You're reading a little bit too much into this. "Girlfriend" is the
term that is usually used by women to describe their "gay" friends. I
knew you were talking about an actual female and an actual platonic
heterosexual relationship. I was just making a play on words. I don't
have anything against Celine, I was just stating a fact and "That's the
way it is." I may be "All by myself" when it comes to the opinion I
just expressed.

Nat

Aug 9, 2001, 7:15:38 AM8/9/01
<cjdi...@webtv.net> wrote:

> "Girlfriend" is the
> term that is usually used by women to describe their "gay" friends.

Good grief! It's a term that ALL women use to describe ALL their "girl"
"friends". Makes sense when you think about it, doesn't it? Based on
the percentage of people who are gay, I think it's safe to assume that
she is not gay anyway, but just using the term to describe her friend
who is a girl.

Freakin Cummer

Aug 11, 2001, 3:53:04 PM8/11/01
lol ummm cjDICKey

u certainly have a right to have your OPINION
but to say that Celine fans are usually of the gay-sexual orientation
shows much of your IQ level to the NG here.

anyone that would claim such idiotacies would be a dangerous person with
any influencial power.i just hope u are a custodian and not a teacher.

Oh and BTW,I am not gay and not a Celine fan,just one who may appreciate
her music when it's being played."Think twice"