MM rips off Radiohead...

Sørensen

May 29, 2001, 4:21:49 PM5/29/01
G'day, Bruces

Who in here can tell me which Manson song is a rip-off of which Radiohead
song, besides myself? (I know, if any of you are also Radiohead ng regulars,
that it's just been a topic in there, too, but I found out for myself a long
time ago...)

Mikkel

Kilborn2

May 29, 2001, 5:38:16 PM5/29/01
<< Who in here can tell me which Manson song is a rip-off of which Radiohead
song, besides myself? >>

hmmm...is "Lamb of God" ripping off "Climbing Up the Walls?" That's what i got
from the vocal melody second i heard it. not that it's a bad song...but you
know...

Preacher

May 30, 2001, 5:38:35 AM5/30/01
There's a bit in Coma White that sounds similar to Paranoid Android, but
it's probably more a tip of the hat to David Bowie's Space Oddity.

"Kilborn2" <kilb...@aol.com> wrote in message

Jean Ra

May 30, 2001, 5:25:45 PM5/30/01

"Lamb of God" has a similar melody to "Climbing Up the Walls". Marilyn
Manson is a big fan of Radiohead, so I'm not the least bit surprised.

Sørensen

May 31, 2001, 12:45:09 PM5/31/01
Well, it was CUTW and LOG I was thinking of.... Good job ;)

Anyway, is it me or does Coma Black sound a helluva lot like the final track
on MechAnims??

Mikkel

Sørensen <ca...@post11.tele.dk> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:9f10dk$48m$1...@news.inet.tele.dk...

Voskat

May 31, 2001, 3:05:22 PM5/31/01
Sorensen:

> Anyway, is it me or does Coma Black sound a helluva lot like the final
track
> on MechAnims??

Coma Black uses pretty much the exact same chords as Coma White, yes.
I presume Manson didn't realise what he had done until he had just about
finished up Coma Black, which he christened thusly when he noticed the
glaring similarities.

--

[ http://www.deadtv.f2s.com - A Deadsy site
http://www.deadwhitespace.com - A personal page

debnron

May 31, 2001, 5:49:09 PM5/31/01
> Coma Black uses pretty much the exact same chords as Coma White, yes.
> I presume Manson didn't realise what he had done until he had just about
> finished up Coma Black, which he christened thusly when he noticed the
> glaring similarities.

Yes, see sorensen, they are called Coma Black and Coma White.

-Smythe

MaskedFragility

May 31, 2001, 7:03:24 PM5/31/01
Mikkel wrote:

> Anyway, is it me or does Coma Black sound a helluva lot like the final track
on MechAnims??<

Um. Lol. The final track on _Mechancial Animals_ is entitled "Coma White". Does that clue you in?

Rev. Carroll D. Kraston

Jun 1, 2001, 3:41:08 AM6/1/01
On Thu, 31 May 2001 21:05:22 +0200, "Voskat" <vos...@iae.nl> wrote:

>Sorensen:
>> Anyway, is it me or does Coma Black sound a helluva lot like the final
>track
>> on MechAnims??
>
>Coma Black uses pretty much the exact same chords as Coma White, yes.
>I presume Manson didn't realise what he had done until he had just about
>finished up Coma Black, which he christened thusly when he noticed the
>glaring similarities.

Oh give me a break....
It was planned that way soon as the music for Coma Black was written,
I would think....and to contrast and relate Holy Wood to Mechanical
Animals...
Yes, it is just my opinion, but it seems to make sense to me.....Coma
Black talks about dark feelings of despair, and Coma White talks
about filling them with drugs and artificial light to deal with the
fact that "this was never my world"....

The Majestic Symphony

Jun 2, 2001, 6:42:47 PM6/2/01
I heard that rumour and then listened to Climbing the Walls and Lamb of God
and to be honest I really don't see it. The notes are quite different

Sørensen <ca...@post11.tele.dk> wrote in message

Erf Narg

Jun 3, 2001, 12:42:34 AM6/3/01
it's part of the trilogy. there are other recurring lyrical and
musical themes also if you haven't noticed.. study all 3 and you'll
see what i mean

>>Sorensen:
>>> Anyway, is it me or does Coma Black sound a helluva lot like the final
>>track
>>> on MechAnims??

Sørensen

Jun 4, 2001, 12:59:04 PM6/4/01
*LOL* Geez, just pulling all of yr legs with that question, but nice to see
the reactions!! ;)

Mikkel

MaskedFragility <maskedf...@hotmail.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:846850a5.01053...@posting.google.com...

Jason Palmer

Jun 4, 2001, 9:57:02 PM6/4/01
The first time I heard Lamb of God, it reminded me of Climbing up the
walls. The melody of the lyrics.
"The Majestic Symphony" <msym...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Erf Narg

Jun 5, 2001, 4:28:39 AM6/5/01
my leg fell off.. it's plastic.. bastard

Sørensen

Jun 6, 2001, 6:44:28 AM6/6/01
Sorry, guv...

Mikkel

PS: Guns N' Roses is a better band than Marilyn Manson....

Erf Narg <notmy...@notmyserver.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:716phtorgocm23hpi...@4ax.com...

Erf Narg

Jun 6, 2001, 10:27:33 PM6/6/01
buckethead's in the hospital so right now they're not even a band

Suicide Queen

Jun 6, 2001, 9:06:15 PM6/6/01

Trenchcoat

Jun 7, 2001, 2:37:27 AM6/7/01
you are so stupid. please leave.

diones...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2019, 6:52:47 AM4/14/19
For me The Speed of Pain always sounded a lot like Exit Music (For a Film)