New MM article in latest Guitar World

Anti-Christian Hunter McClain

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

There's a cool interview with Manson and Twiggy in the new Guitar World.
Here's an excerpt:

Manson: Right before he [Twiggy] joined Marilyn Manson, we had two
different side projects together. One was Satan On Fire, a fake Christian
death metal band we started because we wanted to play at Christian
nightclubs. Twiggy sang and I played lead bass. The premise was that we
were a death metal band that was singing for Jesus. We wanted to
infiltrate Christian nightclubs and cause havoc. But then we also formed
another side project together called Mrs. Scabtree, where I played drums
and Twiggy was the lead vocalist, dressed up like a black woman.

Ramirez: Videotapes of that are floating around.

GW: Did you actually infiltrate these Christian nightclubs?

Manson: Well, we never really got that far, but we did have a song out
that we got them to play on the radio. It was called "Mosh For Jesus."

Ramirez: The Mrs. Scabtree single that was played on the radio down there
was called "Herpes." It mentioned all the local girls who had herpes.

GW: It must have been a very long song.

You have the right to remain silent
Anything you say can and will offend me

Anti-Christian Hunter McClain

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

In article <huntermc-211...@tagus.execpc.com>,

hunt...@execpc.com (Anti-Christian Hunter McClain) wrote:

> There's a cool interview with Manson and Twiggy in the new Guitar World.
> Here's an excerpt:
>
> Manson: Right before he [Twiggy] joined Marilyn Manson, we had two
> different side projects together. One was Satan On Fire, a fake Christian
> death metal band we started because we wanted to play at Christian
> nightclubs. Twiggy sang and I played lead bass. The premise was that we
> were a death metal band that was singing for Jesus. We wanted to
> infiltrate Christian nightclubs and cause havoc. But then we also formed
> another side project together called Mrs. Scabtree, where I played drums
> and Twiggy was the lead vocalist, dressed up like a black woman.
>
> Ramirez: Videotapes of that are floating around.
>
> GW: Did you actually infiltrate these Christian nightclubs?
>
> Manson: Well, we never really got that far, but we did have a song out
> that we got them to play on the radio. It was called "Mosh For Jesus."
>
> Ramirez: The Mrs. Scabtree single that was played on the radio down there
> was called "Herpes." It mentioned all the local girls who had herpes.
>
> GW: It must have been a very long song.

So does anyone out there have a copy of either of the singles or the Mrs.
Scabtree video that they'd be willing to trade?