Is Stalking acceptable?

CW Walcott

Aug 23, 2011, 9:39:11 AM8/23/11
Weird question, but here's the deal. I like to go to sights like
Youtube and watch other mandolin players. If I like their tunes, I
will learn them on their upload. It may take me several days, but I'm
pretty good at it.After I have accomplished it, I might video it, or
play the tune at a coffee shop, or anywhere I enjoy playing the
mandolin. I never take credit for anything that is not mine, and will
announce the name of the cover and sometimes the artist. I have read
that some artist consider it a compliment when someone learns their
work and performs it. Yet, it feels like I am cheating. Does anyone
else do this?

Bill Graham

Aug 4, 2013, 7:51:34 PM8/4/13
If you take/earn money at it, then technically, its cheating. But some
outfit has copyritten all the pop music written after 1927, which is
ridiculous, since most of the composers/performers of those old tunes are
long dead, so they have trashed their creditability with me, and I pay no
attention to their rules. They will have to track me down and force me to
pay them a dime. Had they estasblished a "moving scale date" as they should
have, like say, 50 years or so. Then I would be much more likely to obey
their rules. But they fixed the date at 1927! So they can go to hell as far
as I'm concerned..... It is a pure case of our congress being bought off by
big business money.