theremin and pacemaker

Ron

Apr 30, 2008, 12:53:41 PM4/30/08
hi there and thank u for reading.

is there any known influence of a theremin to my pacemaker?
any facts are welcone.
thank u
Ron

Tony Elka

Apr 30, 2008, 2:13:50 PM4/30/08
In article <4818a415$0$20082$9b62...@news.freenet.de>,
Ron <r...@der-spielmann.net> wrote:

It's only dangerous if you listen to the theremin in the opening theme
music from Dark Shadows.

Tony

Ron

May 1, 2008, 3:09:06 AM5/1/08
Tony Elka schrieb:
> In article <4818a415$0$20082$9b62...@news.freenet.de>,

> It's only dangerous if you listen to the theremin in the opening theme
> music from Dark Shadows.
>
> Tony

ok. :)

any serious?

i think there are relative strong em-fields among the antennas.

ron

Netmask

Dec 13, 2008, 12:06:15 AM12/13/08

"Ron" <r...@der-spielmann.net> wrote in message

I notice you have also posted at
http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=3324&F=1
With something as serious as a pacemaker I would get definitive medical
advice to be on the safe side rather than shopping around on the Internet
for the answer you want - sorry to sound harsh but unless you can make
contact with a *real* in the flesh Pacemaker technician who also understands
the circuitry of a Theremin, and they would vary from one maker to another,
I would play it on the safe side.

As you know a Theremin is basically two or more tuned rf oscillators that
have their frequency and amplitude varied by varying the
capacitive coupling via the hands -
http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/~kskeldon/PubSci/exhibits/E9/ it all depends
on if those frequencies are likely either as the actual frequencies or beat
frequencies (sum and difference ) and there is sufficient power to radiate
into the pacemaker. Too many variables for anyone to give worthwhile advice.
The fields btw are RF.

So a tuned heterodyne transistor radio can be imagined as one part of the
circuitry - do transistor radio's or laptops cause problems? I don't know -
ask a technician at a hospital that fits them.

cheers