Just checking in

Jim D

Nov 22, 2019, 11:39:26 AM11/22/19
Every once and a while I turn this old computer on.

How's things ?

Well, fine. I've been sick, reaction to flu vaccine. I'm still playing
music. Don't need to, just still enjoy it. This next year may be about
it tho. We'll see.

Bought some cheapo wireless mics this week, the Behringer Ulm202's,
iirc. I'm finally breaking my rig two units. A minimalist one for solo
duo work, and a bigger setup for band / composing use. The Beh mics
are for the small rig. Two wireless mics that send to a usb sized
dongle. Yes, there is some ( 14 ms ) latency, but for live, I doubt
I'll ever notice it.

Ok, gotta run, things to do. I bought a violin hanger, need to find a
way to mount or attach it to my rack case so I can hang my violin on
that at gigs. Some metal something that will attach to the side rails
of the case, then hook the actual violin hanger to that.

JimD

Ouisie

Nov 24, 2019, 6:46:36 AM11/24/19

"Jim D" wrote in message news:2019112211392043038-Not@ThisAddresscom...

> Every once and a while I turn this old computer on.

I was wondering what's been happening.

> How's things ?

The weather sure SUCKS, as usual, and with all the involvement with church
songs, I haven't been working on my own material.

> Well, fine. I've been sick, reaction to flu vaccine.

I'll never get any of those vaccines, but late last year into early this
year, I got sicker than I can ever remember. It was a combination of things,
first the flu, which by itself usually isn't much of a problem for me as I
usually get through it in less than two weeks, but as I was getting over it,
the real killer, a cold, came along, and with my flu-weakened immune system,
it lasted well over a month - closer to two...then came the -25 F weather, a
killer cold virus combined with killer cold temperatures, and I went out and
drove anyway...which, thanks to the additional stress, only made things much
worse, and while all that was happening, I even got whooping cough,
something I had been vaccinated against as a very young child, and had never
experienced before.
Some didn't believe me when I mentioned whooping cough and I began to wonder
why it had such a strange if not silly name, so I checked out some youtube
video examples of what it sounded like, which was a lot like I was sounding,
a strange tonal quality when coughing and desperately inhaling between
coughs - it was horrrible...and, in 2019, I started hearing about adults
getting whooping cough and there being a vaccine for it available.

All this lasted from December 2018 until April 2019, almost five months - a
new dimension to misery!

> I'm still playing music. Don't need to, just still enjoy it. This next
> year may be about it tho. We'll see.

I'm still playing too, but only at church. I'm really missing Rock & Roll!!!
But don't give up gigs! Besides, what else is there to do that's worth
investing Life in?

> Bought some cheapo wireless mics this week, the Behringer Ulm202's, iirc.

They look pretty good but then, what product by Behringer doesn't?

> I'm finally breaking my rig two units. A minimalist one for solo duo work,
> and a bigger setup for band / composing use. The Beh mics are for the
> small rig. Two wireless mics that send to a usb sized dongle. Yes, there
> is some ( 14 ms ) latency, but for live, I doubt I'll ever notice it.

That's practically real time, unless you play and/or sing very fast ;)

> Ok, gotta run, things to do. I bought a violin hanger, need to find a way
> to mount or attach it to my rack case so I can hang my violin on that at
> gigs. Some metal something that will attach to the side rails of the case,
> then hook the actual violin hanger to that.

JimD

I wouldn't mind getting a few things, like a clonewheel organ - now there's
the Viscount Legend Live to consider - it sounds Awesome! And I still need a
Yamaha Motif XS Rack - but since over the last few months, I'm now getting
SS retirement benefits, I can start saving and budgeting for them...YAY!!!

Ouisie