REQ: Song called HUSH HUSH ? Who performed it aroud the 70's ???

BARFLY

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99

Hello !
A friend of mine is looking for a song that goes like...

Hush Hush...
:-)

Hush Hush is probably the title of it !
It must be an 70's song, and I'm sure one of you we'll be able to
help!

thanks !

Yves

jamburger

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
In article <36cd5d75...@news.deckpoint.ch>, bar...@deckpoint.ch
(BARFLY) wrote:

> Hush Hush is probably the title of it !
> It must be an 70's song, and I'm sure one of you we'll be able to
> help!
>
> thanks !
>
> Yves

Just direct your friend to DEEP PURPLE, who had a 70's FM-radio hit
with "Hush".

"Hush, Hush -- I though I heard her callin' my name now..."

-jamburger

Childuf60s

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
>Hello !
>A friend of mine is looking for a song that goes like...
>
>Hush Hush...
>:-)
>
>Hush Hush is probably the title of it !
>It must be an 70's song, and I'm sure one of you we'll be able to
>help!

Hush
(South)
As performed by Deep Purple (#4, 1968)

I got a certan little girl she's on my mind
No doubt about it she looks so fine
She's the best girl that I ever had
Sometimes she's gonna make me feel so bad
Hush, hush
I thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
She broke my heart but I love her just the same now
Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
I need her loving and I'm not to blame now
(Love, love)
They got it early in the morning
(Love, love)
They got it late in the evening
(Love, love)
Well, I want that, need it
(Love, love)
Oh, I gotta gotta have it
She's got loving like quicksand
Only took one touch of her hand
To blow my mind and I'm in so deep
That I can't eat and I can't sleep
Listen
Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
She broke my heart but I love her just the same now
Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
I need her loving and I'm not to blame now
(Love, love)
They got it early in the morning
(Love, love)
They got it late in the evening
(Love, love)
Well, I want that, need it
(Love, love)
Oh, I gotta gotta have it

Ralf Boeckenholt

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
to jamburger
Here are the lyrics to hush

Deep Purple |Hush |Shades of deep purple

I got a certan little girl she's on my mind
No doubt about it she looks so fine
She's the best girl that I ever had
Sometimes she's gonna make me feel so bad
Hush, hush

Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush

She took my heart but I love her just the same now

Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush

I need your love and I'm not to blame now
Love, love

They got it early in the morning

Love, love

They got it late in the evening

Love, love
Well, I want that needing
Love, love
Oh, I gotta get ahead of it
She's got a love like quicksand

Only took one touch of her hand

Blow my mind and I'm in so deep

That I can't eat and I can't sleep
Listen
Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush

She took my heart but I love her just the same now

Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush

I need your love and I'm not to blame now
Love, love

They got it early in the morning

Love, love

They got it late in the evening

Love, love
Well, I want that needing
Love, love
Oh, I gotta get ahead of it|
(1 row)

Harley Davidson history page (ger) : http://www.chopper.de
In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway american dream
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
[Bruce Springsteen : Born to run]

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, jamburger wrote:

> In article <36cd5d75...@news.deckpoint.ch>, bar...@deckpoint.ch
> (BARFLY) wrote:
>

> > Hush Hush is probably the title of it !
> > It must be an 70's song, and I'm sure one of you we'll be able to
> > help!

Grant Watson

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99

Hush was covered in 1997 by english band Kula Shaker and it was featured in
the film 'I Know what you did last summer".

Graeme>

Andy Blunden

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
to jamburger
The band that performed the song that you are talking about was called

'Somebodys image'

From this band 'Russell Morris' emerged and went on to be a prolific
solo artist here in Australia. At the time of the record he nearly died
of pneumonia.

This song had nothing to do with the Deep Purple hit hush around the
same time.
--
Regards
Andy Blunden

blundena.vcf

RippChord

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
"Hush" recorded by Billy Joe Royal,
Columbia Records, 1965. Also recorded later
by Deep Purple, Tetragrammaton Records,
1968.

"Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" by Patti Page,
Columbia Records, 1964.

Ripp...@aol.com

BARFLY

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99

Thanks a lot for all your answers !

Cool !

YVES

Blissful51

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
I know of a song that has hush,hush in it's lyrics. The song is called voices
carry, the band is Til Tuesday. I don't know if that's what your'e looking for
it just came to mind. Hope this is helpful to you.

Blissful51

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
There's also a song called Hush by Deep Purple {70's Group}.

Susanna Snöbohm

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
There is also a song by Kulashaker with the words Hush, Hush in the chorous...

Blissful51 wrote:

--
* Susanna Snobohm email: susa...@sco.com *
* Office Manager Mobile: +46-707-44 13 77 *

Hotdog 06

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
also a song called hush hush by Paula Abdul

josie

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
"Hush" was a late sixties single by an unknown band(their first single) and the
band went on to worldwide fame- name of band?

An English band called Deep Purple.

Erin Wilson

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
Hotdog 06 wrote:

> also a song called hush hush by Paula Abdul

um... Paula Abdul's song was called "Rush Rush"

erin

RCole0001

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
The song with "Hush, hush....keep it down, down,...." from 'til Tuesday (with
lead singer Aimee Mann) was called "Voices Carry".
-Rick

Mike Thornley

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99
"Voices Carry" is from the 80s and the band Till Tuesday never had
another hit. Deep Purple, the band that did "Hush" in the 70s had many
hits. Mike

jda...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2013, 3:24:23 AM10/16/13
Hush Hush, Siegel/Schwall Band. Check out Corky Siegel and Jim Schwall of the Siegel/Schwall Band. Often heard Corky Siegel (great harmonica) at the Blue River Café in Milwaukee, WI in the 70's. While the Blue River Café was around, you might buy a bottle of wine, crackers and a cheese plate and enjoy the local excellent talent. Hush Hush was 5 stars. Enjoy, Wags

ward...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2015, 10:21:35 AM1/14/15
On Friday, 19 February 1999 08:00:00 UTC, BARFLY wrote:
> Hello !
> A friend of mine is looking for a song that goes like...
>
> Hush Hush...
> :-)
>
> Hush Hush is probably the title of it !
> It must be an 70's song, and I'm sure one of you we'll be able to
> help!
>
> thanks !
>
> Yves

It's an early single by Deep Purple, entitled 'Hush' (just the one word).

jhzo...@comcast.net

Sep 22, 2015, 4:20:37 PM9/22/15
Seigel- Schwall Band. Album of the same name. Wooden Nickel Records 1971. Playing it right now on my radio show.

erinmur...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2015, 2:07:00 AM9/25/15
On Friday, February 19, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, BARFLY wrote:
> Hello !
> A friend of mine is looking for a song that goes like...
>
> Hush Hush...
> :-)
>
> Hush Hush is probably the title of it !
> It must be an 70's song, and I'm sure one of you we'll be able to
> help!
>
> thanks !
> Was it this
> If a Blues song it was probably Hush! Hush! by Siegel-Schwall Band or Paul Butterfield Band.
https://youtu.be/qgWBjKdlH88

erinmur...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2015, 2:11:08 AM9/25/15
On Friday, February 19, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, jamburger wrote:
> In article <36cd5d75...@news.deckpoint.ch>, bar...@deckpoint.ch
> (BARFLY) wrote:
>
> > Hush Hush is probably the title of it !
> > It must be an 70's song, and I'm sure one of you we'll be able to
> > help!
> >
> > thanks !
> >
> > Yves
>
> Just direct your friend to DEEP PURPLE, who had a 70's FM-radio hit
> with "Hush".
>
> "Hush, Hush -- I though I heard her callin' my name now..."
>
> -jamburger

Originally a Jimmy Reed number. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZDBdczjIjk

tatin...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2018, 4:47:51 PM8/13/18
It was called Hush, Written by Joe Royal and Joe South first made a hit out of it!

jackor...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2019, 11:47:44 PM1/21/19
On Friday, February 19, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, BARFLY wrote:
> Hello !
> A friend of mine is looking for a song that goes like...
>
> Hush Hush...
> :-)
>
> Hush Hush is probably the title of it !
> It must be an 70's song, and I'm sure one of you we'll be able to
> help!
>
> thanks !
>
> Yves

Fun fact! This post was originally written exactly seven days before I was born. It's weird to see a post I can interact with from that long ago. Netflix's Bandersnatch also featured a song called "Too Shy" by Kajagoogoo originally from the '80s.

habee...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 7:29:25 AM2/10/20
On Tuesday, 9 March 1999 03:00:00 UTC-5, Hotdog 06 wrote:
> also a song called hush hush by Paula Abdul

Unlikely you will ever see this, but I have been looking for this song for so long and you posted this back in 1999. It is now 2020 and you made my year seriously been looking insanely long for this song.

habee...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 7:31:12 AM2/10/20