"Shine a light on me" 70's/80's song?

PWalker

Apr 24, 2005, 4:41:26 AM4/24/05
Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
words in it:

---
shine a light
shine a light
shine a light on me
---

... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
google for it but to no avail...

Any help most appreciated!

Thanks! Peter

Lumpy

Apr 24, 2005, 4:47:44 AM4/24/05
PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the
> following words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There
> is a guy singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I
> have been searching google for it but to no avail...

Could it be -
"I've Got a Line on You"
by Randy California and Spirit?

Lumpy
--
In Your Ears for 40 Years
http://www.lumpymusic.com

jack

Apr 24, 2005, 5:08:49 AM4/24/05

"PWalker" <pwa...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:

Could it be Bob Dylan with "Precious Angel"
www.bobdylan.com/songs/precious.html

Sandcat

Apr 24, 2005, 6:28:43 AM4/24/05

"PWalker" <pwa...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Could it be "Philadelphia Freedom" by Elton John?

http://www.lyrics007.com/Elton%20John%20Lyrics/Philadelphia%20Freedom%20Lyrics.html

Jasper

Apr 24, 2005, 6:54:50 AM4/24/05
In article <426b...@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, PWalker <pwa...@nospam.com>
writes
Could it be Ben Sidran - Shine A light On Me.
Bunty :}
--
Jasper Brown

Lorraine

Apr 24, 2005, 12:50:06 PM4/24/05

> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...

I vote for Collective Soul's 'Shine'. Although I think this may be
later than what you mean.

Mark Rae

Apr 24, 2005, 5:41:01 PM4/24/05
"Lorraine" <veeeda-r...@aol.com> wrote in message

>> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
>> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been
>> searching
>> google for it but to no avail...

Must be Philedelphia Freedom by Elton John.

Bill Marcum

Apr 24, 2005, 7:28:03 PM4/24/05
Or "Shine A Little Love" by ELO.

--
"I deleted a file from my PC last week and I have just realized that I
need it. If I turn my system clock back two weeks will I have my file

PWalker

Apr 25, 2005, 12:27:04 AM4/25/05
Thanks everyone for your help! Im trying to access all the songs you have
mentioned and see which is the one ive been trying to find.

Very much appreciated!
peter

R H Draney

Apr 25, 2005, 12:49:53 AM4/25/05
Bill Marcum filted:

>On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:41:01 GMT, Mark Rae
> <ma...@mark-N-O-S-P-A-M-rae.co.uk> wrote:
>> "Lorraine" <veeeda-r...@aol.com> wrote in message

>> Must be Philedelphia Freedom by Elton John.
>>
>Or "Shine A Little Love" by ELO.

From the "way out in left field" department, you might also want to check "Ring
The Living Bell (Shine The Living Light)" by Melanie....

Oh, what the heck, check it out even if that's not it...it's a great song....r

Gareth Owen

Apr 25, 2005, 4:25:05 AM4/25/05
Bill Marcum <bma...@iglou.com.urgent> writes:

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:41:01 GMT, Mark Rae
> <ma...@mark-N-O-S-P-A-M-rae.co.uk> wrote:
> > "Lorraine" <veeeda-r...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > Must be Philedelphia Freedom by Elton John.
> >
> Or "Shine A Little Love" by ELO.

Or "Shine A Light" by the Rolling Stones
--
Gareth Owen
"What kind of people go to meet people

Will Dockery

May 27, 2014, 11:15:04 AM5/27/14

wellsperso...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2015, 3:15:59 AM4/25/15
Try Michael Mcdonald: Sweet Freedom

phil.bo...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 9:43:39 PM5/6/15
In dont'know if you find it But I think it's :

Creedence Clearwater Revival- Midnight Special

kenra...@gmail.com

May 18, 2015, 2:47:27 AM5/18/15
Mungo Jerry

i...@eagletraining.co.uk

May 23, 2015, 6:11:14 AM5/23/15
Hi Peter,

Are you referring to the lyrics
shine a light
shine a light
shine a light on me
Somebody help me please
Don't leave me in the dark

I'm looking for that one too..........

Ian

avafr...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2015, 8:02:49 PM6/27/15
I've just been watching Glastonbury 2015 highlights and a band called Spiritualize was playing a song with these lyrics. I wondered who they were which is how I found your post! ☺

avafr...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2015, 8:04:04 PM6/27/15
Try looking up Spiritualized

teri...@sympatico.ca

Jul 17, 2015, 12:00:00 PM7/17/15
It's Shambala by Three Dog Night.

teri...@sympatico.ca

Jul 17, 2015, 12:01:30 PM7/17/15
Shambala by Three Dog Night

fatty

Jul 20, 2015, 3:47:12 AM7/20/15
Simple Minds - Glittering Prize ?

kgp...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2015, 8:55:30 PM7/21/15
In the early 60's in Buffalo there was a bar called Johnny's Ellicott with a black R&B group called "Johnny and the Cowboys", played that song.....Shine Your Light On Me..... and some of the best gritty R&B ever. Only place I ever heard it.

kimmori...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2015, 6:14:46 AM9/14/15
Hi Peter,

Probably we are searching for the same band. I found the song from tube with some video, but only under the name The Assassins. Singer on leather pants, bass player on left, quitarist on right.It seems to me that video has been filmed on some club. So far I have not been able to find anything more. Any luck with you?
Song is damn good!

Kimmo R

Will Dockery

Nov 20, 2015, 1:32:07 PM11/20/15
Could be Bob Dylan's "Precious Angel" in which he sings:

Shine your light
Shine your light on me
Shine your light
Shine your light on me
You know I just can't make it by myself
I'm a little too blind to see.

marn...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 9:54:11 AM1/11/16
Hi, Peter
I know that song... hehe

Creedence Clearwater Revival: The Midnight Special

^_^
Cheers
~Nia

marn...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 9:57:51 AM1/11/16
Hi, Peter... me again hehe ^_^
Listen to their songs here:

https://youtu.be/AsFa6mip1Ts

lindat...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2016, 2:35:53 AM1/22/16
Midnight special shine a light on me.

figi...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2016, 11:29:54 PM1/27/16
Warren Zevon Prison Grove

valj...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2016, 2:17:25 PM1/29/16
I've been looking for it too. Wondering if it's Gallagher & Lyle?

katiesmalli...@googlemail.com

Feb 12, 2016, 12:29:34 PM2/12/16
On Sunday, 24 April 2005 09:41:26 UTC+1, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

I know it is years away from your query but I think that it could be Shine a Light on Me by Banners. If you search on You Tube for Shine a Light on Me, you may recognise the song but saying this, as my reply is about 11 years following your query, the song that I have found may not even have been composed! Ooops! This is still a really great song though. I though that it was Cold Play at first.

gamingw...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 9:36:12 PM3/15/16
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 3:41:26 AM UTC-5, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPslBGjuRL0

gamingw...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 9:36:23 PM3/15/16

Mack A. Damia

Mar 15, 2016, 9:59:07 PM3/15/16
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:36:22 -0700 (PDT), gamingw...@gmail.com
wrote:
Strange. In the title of this thread the OP is looking for a 70s/80s
song.

When I just heard it, I would have sworn it was a 70s song, but it was
released in 1994!

ka...@flashfinancegroup.com

Apr 26, 2016, 1:05:11 AM4/26/16
Simple minds ? Shine a light on me...

bernar...@hotmail.co.uk

May 5, 2016, 3:06:03 PM5/5/16
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 9:41:26 AM UTC+1, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

The song you are looking for is Shine a Light by Gallagher and Lyle.

nickyc...@gmail.com

May 29, 2016, 1:11:23 AM5/29/16
Glittering prize

Simple minds

nickyc...@gmail.com

May 29, 2016, 1:12:06 AM5/29/16
Thats what i reckon

rtej...@gmail.com

May 29, 2016, 10:13:23 PM5/29/16
Mr jones by counting crows

mjbar...@gmail.com

May 30, 2016, 11:32:07 AM5/30/16
I think it might be SKIN. Shine Your Light.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/shine-your-light-lyrics-skin.html

joe...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2016, 9:15:25 AM6/13/16
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 4:41:26 AM UTC-4, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

If it isn't this song "Shine a Light" by Spiritualized, on their debut album "Lazer Guided Melodies" then listen to it anyway...

bunn...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2016, 1:58:17 AM7/17/16
I'm looking for the same song. I had it on vinyl. The group was called Nutz. It was on their album Hard Nutz. Since it's release on cd, that song was removed.

adamdig...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2016, 6:08:12 PM8/31/16
Its Glittering Prize By Simple Minds.

Quite fitting literally regarding all the wrong replies you got. 😆

adamdig...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2016, 6:09:20 PM8/31/16
and the winner is!

Mack A. Damia

Aug 31, 2016, 7:18:13 PM8/31/16
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:08:10 -0700 (PDT), adamdig...@gmail.com
wrote:

>Its Glittering Prize By Simple Minds.
>
>Quite fitting literally regarding all the wrong replies you got. ?

How do you know?

The OP (P. Walker) made a request in year 2005, and he/she has not
been back since.

vishanp...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2016, 5:58:28 AM9/2/16
Hi Peter,

The song is called Spotlight. It's from the 80's.

It goes like this.

Spotlight, spotlight, shine your lights on me....

I have the song but am not sure who sings it.

melissa...@griffithuni.edu.au

Sep 15, 2016, 5:55:45 AM9/15/16
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 6:41:26 PM UTC+10, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

I just heard the same song on the 'Coles Radio' a store radio in Queensland Australia and I know what you're looking for but these songs aren't it. I will let you know when i find it haha.

melissa...@griffithuni.edu.au

Sep 15, 2016, 5:57:04 AM9/15/16
On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 8:08:12 AM UTC+10, adamdig...@gmail.com wrote:
> Its Glittering Prize By Simple Minds.
>
> Quite fitting literally regarding all the wrong replies you got. 😆

Yayyyyyyyyy it's glittering prize by simple minds. Haha

youradju...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2016, 3:17:36 PM10/18/16
Michael McDonald sings the song you are inquiring about.

mel.gde...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2016, 4:51:06 PM10/18/16

I think .maybe..is "cherish" (kool & the gang)

rocke...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2016, 5:34:46 PM10/18/16
Em domingo, 24 de abril de 2005 05:41:26 UTC-3, PWalker escreveu:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

Peter maybe youre already dead or whatever(11 years later...) love is all by roxete i think its this one!

lawrence...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2016, 2:23:26 AM10/19/16
It's prison grove

lo...@online.no

Nov 27, 2016, 6:37:56 AM11/27/16
it is too -

lørdag 25. april 2015 09.15.59 UTC+2 skrev wellsperso...@gmail.com følgende:
> On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 3:41:26 AM UTC-5, PWalker wrote:
> > Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> > words in it:
> >
> > ---
> > shine a light
> > shine a light
> > shine a light on me
> > ---
> >
> > ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> > singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> > google for it but to no avail...
> >
> > Any help most appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks! Peter
>
> Try Michael Mcdonald: Sweet Freedom

gretc...@aol.com

Dec 30, 2016, 9:04:06 AM12/30/16
It's "Glittering Prize" by Simple Minds!

stilet...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2017, 4:42:22 AM1/3/17
It's Sweet Freedom by Michael McDonald very 80's love that song!

Shine sweet freedom
Shine your light on me
You are the magic
You're right where I wanna be
Oh sweet freedom carry me along
We'll keep the spirit alive on and on

stilet...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2017, 4:45:33 AM1/3/17
The song you are looking for is

Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom - it's difficult to find because the main part of the song that I'd remembered is "shine your light on me" the sweet freedom you'd never know he says that unless you knew the song title. It's a very good song and very 80's love it!!!!

axe.6...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2017, 6:46:56 PM1/3/17
Hi, the song you are looking for is called glittering prize by simple minds

kbek...@hotmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 6:54:09 AM1/5/17
Peter Have you found out who the singer is....
Im trying to find out who the singer is but no luck and lyrics same as you mentioned.

Im pretty sure its a 80s group.

pughe...@yahoo.com

Jan 9, 2017, 10:14:03 PM1/9/17
Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter

peterg...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2017, 1:21:03 AM2/21/17
Simple minds . Glittering prize . I love this song .

peterg...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2017, 1:22:08 AM2/21/17
I rekon that would have to be it .

Mack A. Damia

Feb 21, 2017, 1:55:37 PM2/21/17
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 22:22:07 -0800 (PST), peterg...@gmail.com
wrote:

>I rekon that would have to be it .

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the OP is looking for a song with the
lyrics, "She A light". Your guess is "Shine THE light".

The devil is in the details.

Respectfully yours,
Lew Ciffer

leonie....@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2017, 3:48:51 PM3/28/17
Is it "Shine a Light" by The Venetians? It's an Australian song from 1985.

leonie....@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2017, 3:51:05 PM3/28/17
Shine a Light by the Venetians (1985)

jnit...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2017, 11:38:18 PM3/28/17
It's "The Weight" by The Band.

pjae...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2017, 8:25:38 PM4/9/17
Maybe The Banners? Current, not though, the 80s.

greggsauc...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2017, 5:48:42 AM4/27/17
Simple minds .... Glittering ball. Just seen this imagine im bit late lol.
https://youtu.be/ucw0twciNGk

glenn.r...@gmail.com

May 14, 2017, 12:08:42 PM5/14/17
Yep that's the one!!

callum...@hotmail.com

May 25, 2017, 4:39:36 PM5/25/17
Amazing how many different songs have been mentioned here.. some great tunes, you should all be proud 👌

But I'm afraid only one winner and my vote is 'Glittering Prize - Simple Minds'.. now just need Pete to come back and confirm. Where are you Peter???

Neil, Neil, orange peal.....

donna.a....@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2017, 6:08:28 AM7/7/17
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 9:41:26 AM UTC+1, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

Simple minds & the song is Glitter Prize :)

anitas...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2017, 8:20:25 PM8/5/17
This post is hilarious. Just heard the song on the radio. Did a Google search to come across this post. Simple minds is the answer to the song I was listening to. But will we ever find out if it's what Mr Walker was after.

jakearm...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2017, 3:54:48 PM8/6/17
On Sunday, 6 August 2017 01:20:25 UTC+1, anitas...@gmail.com wrote:
> This post is hilarious. Just heard the song on the radio. Did a Google search to come across this post. Simple minds is the answer to the song I was listening to. But will we ever find out if it's what Mr Walker was after.

Anyone know the song starting from 3.15 on this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2NkjeI1c18 Same lyrics and I'm stumped.

Mack A. Damia

Aug 6, 2017, 4:13:35 PM8/6/17
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 12:54:46 -0700 (PDT), jakearm...@gmail.com
wrote:

>On Sunday, 6 August 2017 01:20:25 UTC+1, anitas...@gmail.com wrote:
>> This post is hilarious. Just heard the song on the radio. Did a Google search to come across this post. Simple minds is the answer to the song I was listening to. But will we ever find out if it's what Mr Walker was after.
>

>Anyone know the song starting from 3.15 on this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2NkjeI1c18 Same lyrics and I'm stumped.

"Love Is All (Shine Your Light On Me)" by Roxette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVqO28pnBeY&list=PLRDDFNFTLo2z3NQQydjdC4ZnfXmCegGAt

Will Dockery

Sep 9, 2017, 6:07:44 PM9/9/17
PWalker wrote:

> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

I guessed before and still think this is Bob Dylan's "Perfect Angel" which used that "Shine a light..." chorus and was from the very same time period you asked about...

lauren...@hotmail.co.uk

Sep 14, 2017, 10:08:39 PM9/14/17
Hello I've just seen your question.I think it could be "Lady (put the light on me)" By "Big John's rock N rolls circus".1974

lauren...@hotmail.co.uk

Sep 15, 2017, 12:17:02 AM9/15/17
lady (put a light on me) By Big John and the rock n roll circus.This is a weird record but once it gets going its a great seventies oldie. Its on youtube,and in Itunes too.If this is'nt it then good luck.

lazysu...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2017, 9:19:52 PM10/12/17
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 4:41:26 AM UTC-4, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

Hey Peter. The song is Midnight Special. It's just the CCR version. That's the punch you hear. Glad to help.

dgt...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2017, 12:25:52 PM11/13/17
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 3:41:26 AM UTC-5, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_4T0czSPrg

Michael

Nov 14, 2017, 9:16:31 AM11/14/17
On 12-02-16 18:29, katiesmalli...@googlemail.com wrote:
> as my reply is about 11 years following your query, the song that I have found may not even have been composed!

This has to be one of the most interesting comments of all :-)

http://www.a-lyric.com/

dennis...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2017, 3:58:11 PM11/18/17
Glittering prize by simple minds

jmj...@hotmail.com

Nov 26, 2017, 3:41:56 AM11/26/17
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 2:41:26 AM UTC-6, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

Not sure if this the one Peter is looking for, but I have been. I couldn't believe a common song played day in and day out on the radio in the "70's", could not be found on the internet. Part of the melody, or very similar, is in the movie "Pulp Fiction". This is what made me remember it even existed. Lyrics..."Well she's got this love light...that she shines on me....she can make me feel anyway she wants to, any time that she turns me on.. don't you know that you can count me out..... when I'm blue tell you what I do... I call love light... I said love light... love light love light love light.. Shine your love light on me...

john.g...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2017, 1:47:54 PM12/2/17
On Sunday, 24 April 2005 10:41:26 UTC+2, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

It is a Creedance Clearwater Revival - Midnight Special

cas...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2017, 7:03:29 PM12/23/17
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 9:41:26 AM UTC+1, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

This song is 'Shine a light' by Gallagher and Lyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAQM4z1y3NA

patrik....@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2018, 7:27:32 AM1/18/18

I have been looking for (the same?) song for ages, which has exactly the same lyrics as the one mentioned in this discussion. However, the song I am looking for is tecnho/dance song from late 80s or early 90s. It has a funky ongoing piano beat, and the lyrics are pretty much repeating itself with the "shine a light, shine a light on me".

My friend had this song on a c--cassette in his first car (a cool Toyota Celica from 1979:D), and I would to hear it again. I have checked all the ideas given to Peter in this thread, but no luck so far.

Please help me and Peter out if you have any ides

Cheers,
Patrik

ofen...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2018, 10:35:14 AM2/15/18
PWalker,

I was looking for a song like this too.
For me, I realized it was U2 and found:
"The Three Sunrises", appears on the album "The Unforgettable Fire"

Ah, I finally found what I was looking for...

mbwhe...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2018, 2:44:18 AM3/26/18
I don't know if the OP is even around anymore but I had a song that I was looking for with similar lyrics and you guys helped me find it. So thank you all for that and for all the other amazing songs that I found while trying to find mine. Oh by the way, for me it was Prison Grove by Warren Zevon.

alanmc...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 1:14:43 PM4/4/18
Do the lyrics have the lines “Shine a light on me, don’t leave me in the dark... also “I read the papers between the lines but it don’t help to ease my mind”...” Cause the nitrates and the glutamates”

donal...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2018, 7:22:36 AM4/5/18
I heard a kind of gritty / soulful rendition of a song that was a gospel song in the early 80’s. The lyrics were approximately:

Searchlight, turn you light on me...when I’m not what I seem to be.
Turn your light on me...turn your light on my sin...turn your light on me... let it shine on in

If this is it, I am still in touch with the musician and could ask about the song

lu...@lubbegarell.se

Apr 16, 2018, 9:14:00 AM4/16/18
I was also searching and found it ghanks to you, Loraine!
Message has been deleted

marin...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2018, 2:11:31 AM7/23/18

The song is shine a light on me from the rock band Sumo. Probably you never found it because the original title is in Spanish ”brilla tu luz para mi - Sumo”
I am pretty sure is the song you are looking :)
Best

The grey turned into gold
Just when the day was getting old
"Blonde on Blonde" Dylan knew
Just I was going through
Shine that light on me
Shine that light on me
Blue skies fade away
When the heat of the night hits the day
King of darkness
King of fear
Don't try to get me
You won't get near
Shine that light on me
Shine that light on me
Come back sweetness
Come back to stay
You're my light inside
Don't hide away
Shine that light on me...

wara...@yahoo.com

Aug 27, 2018, 1:22:11 PM8/27/18
On Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 6:41:26 PM UTC+10, PWalker wrote:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me

wara...@yahoo.com

Aug 27, 2018, 1:22:26 PM8/27/18

wara...@yahoo.com

Aug 27, 2018, 1:23:58 PM8/27/18
you`re looking for simple minds ; Glittering prize '

garygv...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2018, 5:50:58 PM8/29/18
Bishop Gunn- shine

shubi...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2018, 4:33:40 PM9/1/18

Lovers, Anna of the North

paw...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2018, 6:32:19 PM9/10/18
You are right

ignaci...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2018, 9:38:20 PM9/26/18
capo

tsarto...@googlemail.com

Dec 1, 2018, 9:15:48 AM12/1/18
michael mcdonald - sweet freedom.

bhans...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2019, 7:12:42 PM3/31/19
I believe the song you’re talking about is sweet freedom by michael mcdonald

AqAurius

Apr 4, 2019, 2:01:48 PM4/4/19
Op zondag 24 april 2005 10:41:26 UTC+2 schreef PWalker:
> Hi, Im trying to determine the band who sings a song with the following
> words in it:
>
> ---
> shine a light
> shine a light
> shine a light on me
> ---
>
> ... and no its not the midnight special van morrison song. There is a guy
> singing it and the song has a semi-punchy beat to it. I have been searching
> google for it but to no avail...
>
> Any help most appreciated!
>
> Thanks! Peter

I know the song i heard it this morning also searhving it, i heard it on a illegal radio station (pirate station) lyrics goes like this.

shine a light
shine a light on
shine a light on me
(whistle tune)
when i say heeeeyeee yeah yeah yeah yeah heee

it sounded 60/70s to me

tomorrowmorning il check the station again and contact them
It is loading more messages.