Songs with "River" in the Title

Jason Morais

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99
River of Dreams - Billy Joel

Maggiecttr wrote in message
<19990118190024...@ng-cc1.aol.com>...
>I need song titles with the word "River" in the title.
>Thanks!

Kenny Michael

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99
There is a beautiful gospel song entitled "There Is A River", by the Gaither
Vocal Band. It is on the soundtrack of the movie, "The Apostle".

Kenny Michael

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99
Wide River- The Fugs
I Go Down to the River- Johnny Burnette
Moody River- Pat Boone
Yellow River(can't remember the artist)
River Deep, Mountain High-Tina Turner??
The River is Wide- The Grass Roots
Too Many Rivers to Cross- Brenda Lee??
That Mule, Ole Rivers, and Me- Walter Brennan

Spock

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99
Childuf60s wrote:

> How about...
>
> Rivers of Babylon - Boney M
> Moody River - Pat Boone
> Green River - Creedence
> Yellow River - Christie
> Cry Me A River - Julie London
> Take Me To The River - Delbert McClinton (a GREAT GREAT tune, btw!!!)
> River Deep, Mountain High - Supremes/Temps or Ike & Tina Turner
> Moon River - Andy Williams

The River - The Tea Party (excellent song)

Damn - thought I could think of more. Maybe tomorrow.

Chris

Maggiecttr

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99

Childuf60s

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99

Su

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
Moon River, Henry Mancini.

Maggiecttr wrote in message
<19990118190024...@ng-cc1.aol.com>...

John Leite

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
Take Me to the River - Al Green or Talking Heads
The River - Bruce Springsteen
Green River - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Down by the River - Neil Young
The Sea Refuses No River - Pete Townshend

scoobydoo

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
Rolling on the river

--
____________________
Relax, it's only Ones and Zeros!!

KC2121

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
"The River" by Garth Brooks
"Standing Knee Deep in a River (and dying of thirst)" Kathy Mattea
~*~Karen~*~
UNDER CONSTRUCTION : http://members.aol.com/KC2121/index.html

riverman

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
Maggiecttr wrote:

> I need song titles with the word "River" in the title.
> Thanks!

This is definately worth crossposting. RBPers?

Riverman (myron buck): DoD #9250 ___________
O /___________\
/\ ACGWB #2 1995 VN750 |
( )>( ) BWOB #4 1970 Bluehole 17A /0\ oops
""""""""""""""""""""""""""~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<delete 'z's: zmy...@zamerican.hasharon.k12.il>

Déwald Swanepoel

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
Moon River
Yellow River
Down by the River side
Let the river run

Erin Wilson

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
the osmonds - down by the lazy river ... ACK!

Erin Wilson

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
"Yes, The River Knows" by the Doors

hart...@athenet.net

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
Howdy,
How about Red River Valley - traditional!
River of No Return - ?

J. Hart

Kenny Michael

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
Just thoutht of another one: Cry Me A River

Maggiecttr wrote in message
<19990118190024...@ng-cc1.aol.com>...

C.D. Damron

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
Down by the River - Neil Young
Take Me To the River - Talking Heads

Tomaselli

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
YELLOW RIVER - CHRISTIE

Beg...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
"Somewhere Down The Crazy River" by Robbie Robertson

Or why not go to one of the internet music stores, like CDNow or Music Blvd.,
type in 'river' and see what comes up.

Ann R Tickamyer

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
There's always "River of Shit" (aka "Big Brown River") from the great Fugs
album "It Crawled Into My Hand, Honest" of about 1968. Includes a spoken
interlude: Who dealt this mess, anyway? That's an old cardplayers term.
But sometimes you can use the old switcheroo & it can be applied to
presidential politics. Who is it set up a system, a supposedly democratic
system, where we always end up voting for the lesser of two evils? I mean,
was George Washington the lesser of two evils? Sometimes I wonder! But
now we've got some guy says "For God's sake we gotta stop havin' violence
in this country" while he's spending sixteen thousand dollars a second
snuffing gooks. [Quoted from memory, ethnic slur in original]

Cecil

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, riverman wrote:

> Maggiecttr wrote:
> >
> > I need song titles with the word "River" in the title.

Kenny Michael

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
The actual title of this song is "Wide River"

DJ Xilent

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
River Of Dreams - Billy Joel

Luke Adams

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
> Maggiecttr wrote in message
> <19990118190024...@ng-cc1.aol.com>...
> >I need song titles with the word "River" in the title.
> >Thanks!

How about "Where the River Flows" by Collective Soul...sorry if someone
already said this one

--
Luke Adams
http://swampthing.8m.com - Swamp Thing's House of Fun
http://lcap.cjb.net - Luke's Combat Aircraft Page
ICQ#: 11717747
-----------------------------
Confess what you crave
A life without pain
You'd kill for the taste
But the hurt still remains
- The Tea Party - "Emerald"
-----------------------------
Waste what we want
We beg and we're bought
And nothing is wrong with us
- The Tea Party - "Aftermath"
-----------------------------

Heino Cramer

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
River of Dreams_________________________________________________

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT / I GO WALKING IN MY SLEEP
FROM THE MOUNTAIN OF FAITH / TO THE RIVER SO DEEP
I MUST BE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING / SOMTHING SACRED I LOST
LOST / BUT THE RIVER IS WIDE / AND IT'S TOO HARD TO CROSS

* AND EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THE RIVER IS WIDE
I WALK DOWN EVERY EVENING AND I STAND ON THE SHORE
* AND TRY TO CROSS TO THE OPPOSITE SIDE
SO I CAN FINALLY FIND OUT WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT / I GO WALKING IN MY SLEEP
THOUGHT THE VALLEY OF FEAR / TO A RIVER SO DEEP
AND I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING / TAKEN OUT
OF MY SOUL / SOMETHING I WOULD NEVER LOSE /
SOMETHING SOMEBODY STOLE

*I DONT KNOW WHY I GO WALKING AT NIGHT
*BUT NOW I'M TIRED AND I DONT WANT TO WALK ANYMORE
*I HOPE IT DOESN'T TAKE THE REST OF MY LIFE
*UNITIL I FIND WHAT IT IS THAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT / I GO WALKING IN MY SLEEP
TROUGH THE JUNGLE OF DOUBT / TO A RIVER SO DEEP
I KNOW I'M SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING / SOMETHING SO UNDEFINED / THAT IT
CAN ONLY BE SEEN
BY THE EYES OF THE BLIND / IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

*I'M NOT SURE ABOUT A LIFE AFTER THIS
*GOD KNOWS I'VE NEVER BEEN A SPIRITUAL MAN
*BAPTIZED BY FIRE I WADE INTO THE RIVER
*THAT RUNS TO THE PROMISED LAND

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT / I GO WALKING IN MY SLEEP
THROUGH THE DESERT OF TRUTH / TO A RIVER SO DEEP
WE ALL END IN THE OZEAN / WE ALL START IN THE STREAMS
WE'RE ALL CARRIED ALONG / BY THE RIVER OF DREAMS
IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Jessica Chorney

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Here are a few more.

River of Dreams - Billy Joel

River Deep, Mountain High - Celine Dion
River - Hanson

Check out www.cdnow.com for song titles with the word river in them there's
a lot of them.

~Jess~

Maggiecttr <maggi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ralf Boeckenholt

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
to Maggiecttr
Maggiecttr wrote:

> I need song titles with the word "River" in the title.

titel |interpret
-------------------------+-------------------------
One more river |Alan Parsons Project
Find the river |REM
Death alley driver |Rainbow
Jump in the river |Shinead o'Connor
Yes, the river knows |Doors... The
Maid of the river |Levellers

--

Harley Davidson history page (ger) at : http://www.chopper.de
In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway american dream

Lizlossie

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Joni Mitchell has a song titled "River"

Mish25

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
The River and the Highway by Pam Tillis. .. very pretty song!

Erez Schatz

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
the obvious one:
"the river" by Bruce springsteen
also "boat on the river" by Styx

Chris Hill

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
Down To The River by John Melencamp

MIGRANZ4ME

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
"That was a River" Collin Raye
"The River" Garth Brooks

Tom1110

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
By the Rivers of Babylon, Middle of the Road
Let the River Run, Carly Simon
Red River Song, Reg Gibson
Cry Me a River, Dinah Washington - Ray Charles
Down By the River Side, Nat 'King' Cole
(The)River Jordan, (don't remember)

There's a lot more... but I can't remember now. I hope it will help.

Tom
--
Surf Usenet at home, on the road, and by email -- always at Talkway.
http://www.talkway.com

A.P. Martyn

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
Cry Me a River - Pride and Glory
Take Me Down To the river - Skin
River Boat song - Ocean Colour Scene
Down to the river - Crown of thorns
River Of Love - Ritchie Sambora
River Runs Red - Life Of Agony

OpalFaery

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
Take Me To The River--Talking Heads
Down by the River--Neil Young

Lisadon77

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
River of Dreams by Billy Joel

tram...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
In article <19990214013741...@ng103.aol.com>,

lisa...@aol.com (Lisadon77) wrote:
> River of Dreams by Billy Joel

Watching The River Flow, by Bob Dylan

starcro1

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
Here's an Academy Award winner that fits your bill:

LET THE RIVER RUN (Theme from the movie "Working Girl")
Words and Music by Carly Simon

Let the river run
Let all the dreamers wake the nations
Come the new Jerusalem.

Silver cities rise
The morning lights the streets that lead them
And sirens call them on with a song.

It's asking for the taking
trembling, shaking
Oh, my heart is aching.
We're coming to the edge
running on the water
Coming through the fog
Your sons and daughters.

We, the great and small
Stand on a star
And blaze a trail of desire
Through the darkening dawn.

It's asking for the taking
trembling,shaking (solo: Come run with me now/ the sky is the color of blue
you've never even seen in the eyes of your lover.)
Oh, my heart is aching.
We're coming to the edge
running on the water
Coming through the fog
Your sons and daughters.

It's asking for the taking
trembling, shaking
Oh, my heart is aching.
We're coming to the edge
running on the water
Coming through the fog
Your sons and daughters.

Let the river run
Let all the dreamers wake the nations
Come the new Jerusalem.

tram...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<7a6a62$57h$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

Wendy

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
"Cry Me A River"
"Old Man River"

--

*~*~*~*
Wendy

Andrew Blythe

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
How about:
Green River: CCR
River Deep, Mountain High: Don't know artist/group

A. Blythe
Caretaker
Apple Scruffs Beatlyrics Homepage
(http://fab4music.findhere.com)

JoDee Messina

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
>River Deep, Mountain High: Don't know artist/group

Celine Dion (Album: Falling Into You)

jbowman

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
How about "River of Dreams" by Billy Joel. And a Christian song our choir
sang was "River in Judea," but that probably won't help. And "Cry Me a
River." Sorry if I'm just duplicating other songs.

nighthawk

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:13:38 -0500, "jbowman" <jbo...@bright.net>
wrote:

>How about "River of Dreams" by Billy Joel. And a Christian song our choir
>sang was "River in Judea," but that probably won't help. And "Cry Me a
>River." Sorry if I'm just duplicating other songs.

"Proud Mary " Ike and Tina Turner
"The River" Bruce Springsteen
"

Ivo Pesic

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
Songs with "river" in title
The river Bruce Springsteen
Take me to the river Al Green, also joe Cocker, talking Heads
River deep mountain high original by ike & tina turner covered by celine
dion
Cry me a river = jazz song don't know artist
down by the river Neil Young

Andrew Blythe heeft geschreven in bericht
<25585-36...@newsd-224.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

How about:
Green River: CCR

River Deep, Mountain High: Don't know artist/group

A. Blythe

Gerry Kreher

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
"The River", Garth Brooks

Ralf Kurzyna

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
River of dreams - Billy Joel

Samuel Cameron

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99

Lisadon77 wrote in message <19990214013741...@ng103.aol.com>...
>River of Dreams by Billy Joel

also 'River of Time' by Van Morrison
Green River.. Creedence Clearwater Revival

angela

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
River - Natalie Merchant (it's about River Phoenix)
Red River - BoDeans

ang.

Tracy

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
'Let the River Run' - Carly Simon
'The River' - Garth Brooks

angela <zap...@my-dejanews.com> wrote in article
<7b143k$mtf$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

Dawn Clutter

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
'Where the River Goes' by Collective Soul
DarkGirl

Tracy wrote in message <01be602e$cf9a2360$b59eb3cf@tracy>...

>'Let the River Run' - Carly Simon
>'The River' - Garth Brooks

angela <zap...@my-dejanews.com>

Cailean Loren Shearer

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
to angela
River - Joni Mitchell
Find the River - REM

> River - Natalie Merchant (it's about River Phoenix)
> Red River - BoDeans

Dave Malherbe

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
Tracy wrote:

> 'Let the River Run' - Carly Simon
> 'The River' - Garth Brooks
>
> angela <zap...@my-dejanews.com> wrote in article
> <7b143k$mtf$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> > River - Natalie Merchant (it's about River Phoenix)
> > Red River - BoDeans
> >
> > ang.

> > http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Moody River - Pat Boone
Red River Rock - Johny and the Huricanes
Old Man River - ?

Randy Brown

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
Across the River--Bruce Hornsby & the Range

Harley + Barb Tuck

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99
Wasn't there also an Olivia Newton John or Linda Ronstad ,The River's too
Wide? Don't know the title, but a lot of the lyrics are stuck in my
brain.

Next time I'm faced with rising water,
I'll build a bridge of love and kindness
Reaching to the other side

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Randy Brown wrote:

> Across the River--Bruce Hornsby & the Range

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
********TO RESPOND TO US, THE CORRECT ADDRESS IS gwy...@nmia.com *******
H: A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanations. - Saki
B: Courage--fear that has said its prayers. - Dorothy Bernard

cgab...@yahoo.com

Oct 19, 2014, 3:26:56 AM10/19/14
On Monday, January 18, 1999 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Jason Morais wrote:
> River of Dreams - Billy Joel
>
> Maggiecttr wrote in message
> <19990118190024...@ng-cc1.aol.com>...
> >I need song titles with the word "River" in the title.
> >Thanks!

Up A Lazy River - Bobby Darrin

theshake...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2015, 6:52:56 PM2/28/15
On Monday, January 18, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Jason Morais wrote:
> River of Dreams - Billy Joel
>
> Maggiecttr wrote in message
> <19990118190024...@ng-cc1.aol.com>...
> >I need song titles with the word "River" in the title.
> >Thanks!

I really like "Bottom of the River" by Delta Rae

katiea...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2016, 1:57:07 PM4/18/16

June Fourth

Nov 22, 2016, 12:35:29 AM11/22/16
On Monday, January 18, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Jason Morais wrote:
> River of Dreams - Billy Joel
>
> Maggiecttr wrote in message
>
> >I need song titles with the word "River" in the title.
> >Thanks!

Suwanee River

Old Man River

cd16...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2017, 11:26:44 AM4/2/17
On Monday, January 18, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jason Morais wrote:
> River of Dreams - Billy Joel
>
> Maggiecttr wrote in message
> <19990118190024...@ng-cc1.aol.com>...
> >I need song titles with the word "River" in the title.
> >Thanks!

"Only Our Rivers Run Free" (Irish)

kev...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2017, 11:47:45 PM12/22/17
Lou Christie- Yelliw River

ljbai...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2019, 12:56:32 PM6/15/19
I know that I'm late to this river party but everyone should make the time to check out this song by the late great JJCale its called STONE RIVER