REQ: Songs with "Irish" or "Ireland" in the title

Mathias Uhlig

Apr 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/2/97

Hi There!

I'm searching for songs with the word "Irish" or "Ireland" in the title. Here are some of them:

"Irish Rain" - Alannah Myles
"So Cold In Ireland" - The Cranberries
"I cieli d'Irlanda" - Fiorella Mannoia
"Song for Ireland" - (written by Phil Colclough)Dick Gaughan "Luck of the Irish" - John Lennon
"Irish Rover" - The Pogues
"Irish Heartbeat" - Van Morrison

Just e-mail me if you know more. I'll post the list twice a week or so.

Powered off: |\/|
| |athias (corn...@ai.inka.de)

... A4000/CyberStorm040/40-34MB-NEC2.5GB-4xCD-OS3.1-PicassoII+
--
...lots 'n' lots of files... - Scully

Koko

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

How about one that has both, "Give Ireland Back To The Irish" by Paul
McCartney and Wings?

bldh...@bellsouth.net

Apr 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/5/97
to Koko

Of course there's the standard While Irish Eye's are Smiling...

Sunshine on Leith - The Proclaimers (close???)
and for an Irish mood...
40 shades of Green - Johny Cash

Shane Perry
Charlotte, NC
USA

Marc Moris

Apr 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/5/97

On Thu, 03 Apr 1997 16:38:39 GMT, rmi...@sound.net (Koko) wrote:

>How about one that has both, "Give Ireland Back To The Irish" by Paul
>McCartney and Wings?

And if you mention that one, how about "The Luck of the Irish"
by John Lennon ;-) (from "Some Time in New York City")

Marc

There is no truth, there's only opinion - H.S.

Jimi Fahnestock

Apr 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/12/97
to Mathias Uhlig

here's a couple more songs

"The luck of the Irish" John Lennon

If you had the luck of the Irish
You'd be be sorry and wish you were dead
You should have the luck of the Irish
And you'd wish you was English instead

A thousand years of torture and hunger
Drove the people away from their land
A land full of beauty and wonder
Was Raped by the british brigand
God damn God damn

not complete lyric but...

"Give Ireland back to the Irish" Paul McCartney

CARRE

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

In article <335561...@sota-oh.com>, heils <he...@sota-oh.com> writes:

There's a song by Garth Brooks called "Ireland"

heils

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Jimi Fahnestock wrote:

> here's a couple more songs
>
> "The luck of the Irish" John Lennon
>
> If you had the luck of the Irish
> You'd be be sorry and wish you were dead
> You should have the luck of the Irish
> And you'd wish you was English instead
>
> A thousand years of torture and hunger
> Drove the people away from their land
> A land full of beauty and wonder
> Was Raped by the british brigand
> God damn God damn
>
> not complete lyric but...
>
> "Give Ireland back to the Irish" Paul McCartney
>
> On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Mathias Uhlig wrote:
>
> > Hi There!
> >
> > I'm searching for songs with the word "Irish" or "Ireland" in the title. Here are some of them:
> >
> > "Irish Rain" - Alannah Myles
> > "So Cold In Ireland" - The Cranberries
> > "I cieli d'Irlanda" - Fiorella Mannoia
> > "Song for Ireland" - (written by Phil Colclough)Dick Gaughan "Luck of the Irish" - John Lennon
> > "Irish Rover" - The Pogues
> > "Irish Heartbeat" - Van Morrison
> >
> > Just e-mail me if you know more. I'll post the list twice a week or so.

"Irish Ways" - Sinead O'Connor
"Rambling Irishman" - The Oyster Band
"Irish Lullibye" - Pogues
"Irish Rover" - Clancy Brothers
"God Save Ireland" - ?
"Women of Ireland" - Deiseal (instrumental)
"For Ireland I'll Not Tell Her Name" - Joemy Wilson (instrumental)
"Song For Ireland" - Mary Black ********Wonderful song
"Farewell to Ireland" - ?
"Irish Lamentation" - Kim Robertson (instrumental)
"Did Your Mother Come From Ireland" - ?
"The Girl From Ireland" - (jig)
"God Save Ireland"
"Green Fields of Ireland" - (instrumental)
"If You're Irish Come Into The Parlor" - trad.
"The Bonny Young Irish Boy" - trad.
"The Irish Free State"
"The Irish Mail Robber"
"A Walk In The Irish Rain"
"An Irishman's Epistle To The Officers And Troops At Boston"
"My Irish Molly-O"
"No Irish Need Apply"
"The Irish Girl"

Whooo! That was a lot. :P

Bill Marcum

Apr 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/18/97

"You're not Irish, you can't be Irish, you don't know 'Danny Boy'
Or 'Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ra', or even 'Irish Eyes'..."
--
Bill Marcum bmarcum at iglou dot com
If gnus are outlawed, only outlaws will have gnus.

Blood on Blood

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Lotta irish rebel songs...have to look em out..

also
Garth Brooks with "ireland" of his current album "fresh horses"

Mathias Uhlig

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

On 16 Apr 97, he...@sota-oh.com (heils) wrote something about "Re: REQ: Songs with "Irish" or "Ireland" in the title" to Jimi Fahnestock:

Hi!

> "Irish Ways" - Sinead O'Connor
> "Rambling Irishman" - The Oyster Band
> "Irish Lullibye" - Pogues
> "Irish Rover" - Clancy Brothers
> "God Save Ireland" - ?
> "Women of Ireland" - Deiseal (instrumental)
> "For Ireland I'll Not Tell Her Name" - Joemy Wilson (instrumental)
> "Song For Ireland" - Mary Black ********Wonderful song
> "Farewell to Ireland" - ?
> "Irish Lamentation" - Kim Robertson (instrumental)
> "Did Your Mother Come From Ireland" - ?
> "The Girl From Ireland" - (jig)
> "God Save Ireland"
> "Green Fields of Ireland" - (instrumental)
> "If You're Irish Come Into The Parlor" - trad.
> "The Bonny Young Irish Boy" - trad.
> "The Irish Free State"
> "The Irish Mail Robber"
> "A Walk In The Irish Rain"
> "An Irishman's Epistle To The Officers And Troops At Boston"
> "My Irish Molly-O"
> "No Irish Need Apply"
> "The Irish Girl"

h> Whooo! That was a lot. :P

Thank you, that was great. But I have another question: On which of Mary Black's albums can I found "Song for Ireland" ?

Powered off: |\/|

--
Brain backed up - Optimizing neural structure...

Bill Kinkaid

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

"Give Ireland Back to the Irish" by Wings

Bill in Vancouver
(delete EAT.SPAM.AND.DIE
from e-mail address to respond)

OptechForklift Training, Inc.

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

Song for Ireland
sung variously by Mary Black and Dick Gaughan (on separate albums)

Caroline
cste...@hotmail.com