A song called "Wild Horses" I think

Jahari Davis

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
I'm lookin for a song by a female artist. Really etherial vocals...echoed
vocals with some light guitar. The chorus of the song goes something like
this:"...wild horses, can't take me away..." I've heard it in restaurants
and on commercials but I cannot figure out who does the song. Can anybody
help?

Coyote

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
to Jahari Davis
....not a female artist, the rest fits.
Thought I give it a try.

Bernd aka Coyote
_________________________
GINO VANELLI
Wild Horses

As the sun goes down on the Arizona plain

And the wind whistles by like a runaway train

Hey
hey
hey
it's a beautiful thing.

Well
it's me and you in a flatbed truck

And my heart kicking up like a whitetail buck

Hey
hey
hey
in the middle of spring.

You can cut me deep
you can cut me down

You can cut me loose
don't you know it's okay.
You can kick and scream
you can slap my face

Set my wheels on a high-speed chase

Oh
you
no matter what you do:

Wild horses could not drag me away from you

Wild horses could not drag me away from you!

And as the sky falls down from the midnight blue

Spittin' like bullets on a hot tin roof

Hey
hey
hey
it's a beautiful sound.

Well
it's me and you in a flatbed truck

In a foot of red mud
just my luck

Hey
hey
hey
a hundred miles out of town.

You can call me a fool
you can call me blind

You can call it quits
con't hear a word that you say.

'Cause if I had you once
I'm gonna have you twice

I follow my heart instead of good advice

Hey
you
no matter what you do:
Wild horses could not drag me away from you
. . .

As the sun goes down on the Arizona plain . . .
Wild horses could not drag me away from you
. . .

RippChord

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
The song is "Wild Horses" by The Sundays, the recent remake of the
Rolling Stones hit from 1971.

Ripp

Jennifer Kremer

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Well, not really "recent"... the song is from the Sunday's CD called
"reading, writing, and arithmetic," and it's from 1989.

-Jen

grch...@donau.de

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Hi!
I know a version from "Wild Horses" of Gino Vanelli but he's male. The lyrics
you wrote are similar to this song.
Good luck

Jeff Clarke

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
"Wild Horses" is an old "Rolling Stones " tune..originally, 1970, the "Sticky
Fingers album. "wild horses couldn't drag me away...wild, wild horses..." Jeez,
it'd be nice if someone could do something original that didn't require a drum
machine. I hear 40 remakes a day, and working on a campus I know these kids
think the stuff was written last week. I heard a remake of "Last Kiss" the other
day, and for God's sake, a 25 year old co-worker didn't believe the thing wasn't
an original. MTV suks.

Sothrnngts

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
Isn't it the truth! I remember years ago when I played the original (vinyl)
Aerosmith 'Walk This Way' for the kids of some friends. Only then were they
somewhat convinced that Run DMC didn't do it!

Henry's Cat

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99

Sothrnngts <sothr...@aol.com> wrote in message

>I hear 40 remakes a day, and working on a campus I know these kids
>think the stuff was written last week

I heard Ca Plane Pour Moi by Plastic Bertrand for the first time last year
when for some reason the radio stations started playing it again - I didn't
know it was made more than 20 years ago - didn't sound like it at all.
Guilty as charged!

Anyone know why it came back? Was it in a soundtrack or something, or was it
ripped off, I mean remade?

Neil

Mac's Opus

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
In article <01bee43f$50fbbba0$6f63cfd0@buffy>,

"Jahari Davis" <spid...@acd.net> wrote:
> I'm lookin for a song by a female artist. Really etherial
vocals...echoed
> vocals with some light guitar. The chorus of the song goes something
like
> this:"...wild horses, can't take me away..." I've heard it in
restaurants
> and on commercials but I cannot figure out who does the song. Can
anybody
> help?

...a shot in the dark here. Think lyrics of song... I'm experiencing
brain freeze at the moment but there is a song with the lyric line "...
got a love so deep in the pit of my stomach... wild horses couldn't
drag me away..." Sung by a woman, an older song (upbeat similiar sound
to Linda Ronstadt) I just can't link the words with a title ... any
help with suggestions?
--
"Just a step away from the edge of the fall
Caught between Heaven and Hell..."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

MaMoosh

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
Hey there,

actually, the Rolling Stones have two versions of "Wild Horses" - the first
one is,
of course, the original one (1970, "Sticky Fingers", as you wrote), and a
newer one,
from about 1994. The newer one from 1994 was released as a single - there's
also a
video-clip of it. Of course, by any means, the 1970 version is far better.

The point is, that sometimes the bands theirselves ruin their own music.
It's not just
other musicians.

About "MTV sucks" - well, I guess that is correct. By any means!

-------------------------
Itsik (Isaac)
shoo...@post.com

Jeff Clarke wrote in message <37B516E2...@sprintmail.com>...

>"Wild Horses" is an old "Rolling Stones " tune..originally, 1970, the
"Sticky
>Fingers album. "wild horses couldn't drag me away...wild, wild horses..."
Jeez,
>it'd be nice if someone could do something original that didn't require a
drum

>machine. I hear 40 remakes a day, and working on a campus I know these
kids

Itsik (Isaac) Shabtay.vcf

BushFairy

Aug 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/21/99
The song was also a cover by the band Bush....

The lyrics I have down are:

"Childhood living
It's easy to do
Things that you wanted
I bought them for you
And graceless lady,
You know who I am
You know I can't let you
Slide through my hands
Wild horses couldn't drag me away
And I watched you suffer
A dull aching pain
And now you decided
To show me the same
Wild Wild Wild horses
Couldn't drag me away
And I know I dreamed you
A sin and a lie
Well I have my freedom
But I don't have much time
And faith has been broken
Tears must be cried
Lets do some living
And after we die
Wild horses couldn't drag me away
Wild Wild Wild horses
We will ride them someday"

If anybody want's to hear Bush's version, e-mail me. :)
*Johanna*
(aka Princess Crackhead Narc)

"A thousand lamps-won't lift the dark"
"Say we don't know who we are"
"But ordinary's just not good enough today"
"Give in to love or live in fear"
"May the force be with you"

martin....@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 12:28:45 PM12/30/18
On Wednesday, 11 August 1999 09:00:00 UTC+2, Jahari Davis wrote:
> I'm lookin for a song by a female artist. Really etherial vocals...echoed
> vocals with some light guitar. The chorus of the song goes something like
> this:"...wild horses, can't take me away..." I've heard it in restaurants
> and on commercials but I cannot figure out who does the song. Can anybody
> help?

I am also looking for it. I hear this haunting song from perfume ad here in Spain. Want to know who sings it.

martin....@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 12:45:31 PM12/30/18

martin....@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 12:48:55 PM12/30/18
May have found it! Indigo Girls. Country style pair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHw9JRrJrwQ

Mack A. Damia

Dec 30, 2018, 12:52:29 PM12/30/18
On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 09:28:43 -0800 (PST), martin....@gmail.com
wrote:
The Rolling Stone song?

Might be Sunday's version. Harriet Wheeler is the singer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyCkSOF1pc

martin....@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 1:24:58 PM12/30/18

> The Rolling Stone song?
>
> Might be Sunday's version. Harriet Wheeler is the singer:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyCkSOF1pc

Could be? Perhaps a many versions but the TV one makes you want to hear more. So nice.

Thanks for that. HNY 2019!

goodani...@aol.com

Apr 9, 2019, 1:00:15 PM4/9/19
That song is sung by Natasha Bedingfield unwritten “Wild Horses”

phoku...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2019, 6:45:48 AM12/18/19
Everyone else has it wrong. 😉 Much ado about nothing I’m afraid. Nice try all but Listen to the end of this song. https://youtu.be/kBOaLjtR4mw
Portishead “the Rip”

loreb...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2020, 8:03:44 PM4/28/20
El miércoles, 18 de diciembre de 2019, 5:45:48 (UTC-6), phoku...@gmail.com escribió:
> Everyone else has it wrong. 😉 Much ado about nothing I’m afraid. Nice try all but Listen to the end of this song. https://youtu.be/kBOaLjtR4mw
> Portishead “the Rip”

Amazing! you're the only right :)

Jody Plowman

Apr 27, 2022, 10:35:21 AM4/27/22
On Wednesday, August 11, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jahari Davis wrote:
> I'm lookin for a song by a female artist. Really etherial vocals...echoed
> vocals with some light guitar. The chorus of the song goes something like
> this:"...wild horses, can't take me away..." I've heard it in restaurants
> and on commercials but I cannot figure out who does the song. Can anybody
> help?
I am looking for this exact same thing...any luck?

Nigel Reed

Apr 28, 2022, 2:24:14 AM4/28/22
Try this one'
https://youtu.be/KNM1wFt7LR4