ID: Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn

Kevin Calhoun

Apr 30, 2001, 7:25:30 PM4/30/01
Back in the '70s I had this tune on 45, but later my brother used all my
45s as ephemeral frisbees while I was away at school. Fortunately I had
recorded most of them on tape (although I unfortunately used recordable
8 track tape). These days one of these tunes is now a minor mystery in
our lives, and I'm looking for the title and artist for the following
song, the recording of which features a tuba, tack piano, and whistling.
Any help would be appreciated.

Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn
My my, Brooklyn
It's been so long, now I wanna get back to Brooklyn
My my Brooklyn U.S.A.

Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn
My my, Brooklyn
It's been so long, now I wanna get back to Brooklyn
My my Brooklyn U.S.A.

She was my baby til I joined the Navy
I went sailing away
I said I'll come back someday
I knew my heart belonged to Brooklyn, only Brooklyn
Now I wanna get back
She's my sunny day

Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn
My my, Brooklyn
Been so long, now I wanna get back to Brooklyn
My my Brooklyn U.S.A.

No other pretty face could ever take my baby's place
There's only one
And I'm a Brooklyn son
Well...

Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn
(oh shine a light from Brooklyn)
My my (my my my my), Brooklyn (I'm a-comin home)
Been so long now I wanna get back to Brooklyn
(oh shine a light from Brooklyn)
My my Brooklyn U.S. (come on)
My my Brooklyn U.S. (yeah)
My my Brooklyn U.S.A. (oh shine shine shine shine)
My my Brooklyn U.S.A.

Kevin Calhoun

May 13, 2001, 10:41:56 AM5/13/01
Found it in the Library of Congress online catalog. The song is simply
called "Brooklyn", written by M. Fulterman and C. Nivison, performed by
Wizz.

- Kevin

In article <jkc-nospam-72815...@news1.onlynews.com>,
Kevin Calhoun <jkc-n...@thanks-mac.com> wrote:

> [...] I'm looking for the title and artist for the following

Bob Bell

Oct 13, 2021, 11:53:27 AM10/13/21

Ran Wiz

Mar 6, 2023, 6:38:31 PM3/6/23

Hello - I have a 7" vinyl 33 1/3 RPM recording of this song. Opal Records #101. I'll be listing on Ebay shortly. Note: I have two copies. Will likely ask $20 each based on the non-existent supply versus the non-extent demand. =) RanWiz