Please, HELP ME with this 80's song!

AirJordan1984

Feb 22, 2001, 4:27:45 AM2/22/01
been searching and searching all over the internet for this one. Okay, a clip
of the video is on that Entertainment Weekly commercial for the free 80's Wave
CDs. In the video, the guy is on stage at a concert and streamers are falling
down from the ceiling while he sings, "Whoa Oh Ohhhh Ohh Uh Ohhh Uh Ohhh" and
then it echos in the background...if someone would help I would appreciate it
so much! I've been looking for this song for the past 4 nights. Searched all
over Napster...nothing. Help me if you know this one please!

Mike

^Xer0

Feb 22, 2001, 5:18:34 AM2/22/01

"AirJordan1984" <airjor...@aol.com> wrote in message news:20010222042745...@ng-fs1.aol.com...

umm.. John Farnham - You're The Voice ?

^Xer0

Rob~

Feb 22, 2001, 8:08:52 AM2/22/01
"^Xer0" <pr...@go.com> rendered several high-pitched tones which
roughly translate into human English as:

No, gotta be Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better.
--
Rob~
np: Ian Brown - My Star

Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found
Mongrels who ain't got a penny
Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground
-- Elton John, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

lugnut

Feb 22, 2001, 9:08:40 AM2/22/01
On 22 Feb 2001 13:08:52 GMT, ber...@infidels.org (Rob~) wrote:

>"^Xer0" <pr...@go.com> rendered several high-pitched tones which
>roughly translate into human English as:
>

>>"AirJordan1984" <airjor...@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> been searching and searching all over the internet for this one.
>>> Okay, a clip of the video is on that Entertainment Weekly commercial
>>> for the free 80's Wave CDs. In the video, the guy is on stage at a
>>> concert and streamers are falling down from the ceiling while he
>>> sings, "Whoa Oh Ohhhh Ohh Uh Ohhh Uh Ohhh" and then it echos in the
>>> background...if someone would help I would appreciate it so much!
>>> I've been looking for this song for the past 4 nights. Searched all
>>> over Napster...nothing. Help me if you know this one please!
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>>umm.. John Farnham - You're The Voice ?
>
>No, gotta be Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better.

Yeah, that could be it. But it could also maybe be "Tarzan Boy" by
Baltimora...

Jay Betbeze

Feb 22, 2001, 1:41:00 PM2/22/01
Maybe "Faithfully" by Journey

Jay Betbeze
the_g...@mindspring.com
quetaz...@geocities.com
Homepage: www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/6914
Nam risu inepto res ineptior nulla est." Catullus, Roman Poet
There is nothing dumber than to grin at the wrong time.

Roninep

Feb 22, 2001, 3:25:59 PM2/22/01
i gotta agree with rob
things can only get better - howard jones
ron

THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER

We're not scared to lose it all
Security throw through the wall
Future dreams we have to realize
A thousand sceptic hands
Won't keep us from the things we plan
Unless we're clinging to the things we prize

And do you feel scared - I do
But I won't stop and falter
And if we threw it all away
Things can only get better
Wow wow wow oh, wow wow wow oh oh oh oh

Treating today as though it was
The last, the final show
Get to sixty and feel no regret
It may take a little time
A lonely path, an uphill climb
Success or failure will not alter it

And do you feel
Wow wow wow oh...

And do you feel...

Liane Crosby

Feb 22, 2001, 1:21:02 PM2/22/01
It sounds like 'Living on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi. I can post the lyrics if
that will help.

"^Xer0" <pr...@go.com> wrote in message

Rob~

Feb 22, 2001, 10:59:49 PM2/22/01
"Roninep" <ron...@hotmail.com> rendered several high-pitched tones which
roughly translate into human English as:

>i gotta agree with rob

>things can only get better - howard jones

:) I grew up in the Washington, D.C. area and we used to go down to the
mall to watch the fireworks back when they had the Beach Boys (and
various other groups) perform every year. The year that song came out, it
was played while they set up the stage for the next band and I'll never
forget hearing thousands and thousands of people singing along with all
the 'woah's...
--
Rob~

patrick....@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2015, 11:37:52 AM6/16/15
try Tarzan Boy by Baltimora

nsor...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2016, 5:11:59 PM1/23/16
This is the one you're looking for!!

jeremy...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2016, 10:50:07 PM4/5/16
Tarzan Boy by Baltimora

velve...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2016, 1:02:17 AM11/22/16
The Fixx. Red skies

velve...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2016, 1:03:08 AM11/22/16
The fixx eed skies

jillia...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2017, 5:55:09 PM9/7/17

jillia...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2017, 5:55:45 PM9/7/17

danielk...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2017, 4:41:58 AM10/1/17

danielk...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2017, 4:43:06 AM10/1/17

mmila...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2017, 5:34:36 PM12/1/17
Chicago stay the night it at end of song

rmoh...@hotmail.com

Jan 10, 2018, 6:26:21 PM1/10/18
I know the song you are looking for!!! It’s by Climie Fisher. The name of the song is “love changes everything”

Hope that helps 😀

tjre...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2018, 4:09:02 AM3/15/18
Joe Jackson- real men is it.

tjre...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2018, 4:10:37 AM3/15/18
It's Joe Jackson-real men

emmare...@icloud.com

Mar 17, 2018, 12:19:42 AM3/17/18
Really late, but I believe you're looking for Baltimora-Tarzan Boy.

fredericks...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2018, 10:45:57 PM3/26/18
Tarzan Boy

acpi...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2018, 2:16:33 AM4/2/18
A step too far (Aida) heather headley, Elton John, Sherie Scott

George Badaduchi

Apr 9, 2018, 4:56:40 PM4/9/18

Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqUa_G1h3pw

I searched for this song for a YEAR!!

bigc...@gmail.com

May 23, 2018, 4:26:13 AM5/23/18
That's it bro I was looking for it too

edwino...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2018, 11:36:37 PM7/9/18
Gloria estefan rhythm is going to get you

edu...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2018, 11:22:48 AM7/25/18
Cual es la canción que decía algo como, woh oh oh, woh oh oh , can you Heard me ,can you Heard me , la cantaba una chica de voz dulce y sonaban como campanas en partes de la canción, era una canción alegre de los 80s o noventas, estilo pop.

julia...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2018, 6:14:26 PM10/24/18
Am Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2001 11:18:34 UTC+1 schrieb ^Xer0:
> "AirJordan1984" <airjor...@aol.com> wrote in message news:20010222042745...@ng-fs1.aol.com...
> > been searching and searching all over the internet for this one. Okay, a clip
> > of the video is on that Entertainment Weekly commercial for the free 80's Wave
> > CDs. In the video, the guy is on stage at a concert and streamers are falling
> > down from the ceiling while he sings, "Whoa Oh Ohhhh Ohh Uh Ohhh Uh Ohhh" and
> > then it echos in the background...if someone would help I would appreciate it
> > so much! I've been looking for this song for the past 4 nights. Searched all
> > over Napster...nothing. Help me if you know this one please!
> >
> > Mike
>
> umm.. John Farnham - You're The Voice ?
>
> ^Xer0

Thank you very much random guy from 17 years ago, that was actually what I was looking for right now! :D

destroye...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2019, 7:43:21 PM6/11/19
Howard Jones Things can Only get Better. I've been looking for ot too and found it by accident

eme...@emeryweiner.org

Jul 10, 2019, 2:52:13 AM7/10/19
OMG SAME the oh's at the end of "you're the voice" were stuck in my head THANK YOU

rja...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2019, 9:39:49 PM12/3/19
Greg Kihn Band and it is called The Breakup Song

rja...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2019, 9:45:19 PM12/3/19
Greg Kihn Band - The Breakup Song

fortnerfami...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2020, 8:26:47 PM2/8/20
To “danielk...@gmail.com”:

Although there is little chance that you’ll ever see my message here, and I must thank you anyway! For years, I was convinced there was an Elton John song that had a chorus featuring the lyrics, “Leon, Whoa-o-O-oh-oh-oh!”, but thanks to you I have finally found it! “Lido Shuffle” by Boz Scaggs. YES!!!!!

Thanks again, mate!

crimble...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2020, 8:09:22 AM4/2/20
https://youtu.be/9-znDp4oF9c

If you haven't found it mayhaps this is what you're looking for

tleop...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2020, 12:55:58 PM4/4/20
Springstein's "Thunder Road" has that very sequence of lyrics, but you'd recognize his very distinct singing voice, one would think. Let me know who the artist is when you find out, please?
Thanks, & Good Luck!

Trace

mr.al...@hotmail.com

Apr 29, 2020, 11:27:33 PM4/29/20

mr.al...@hotmail.com

Apr 29, 2020, 11:28:04 PM4/29/20

kae....@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2020, 6:35:54 AM6/4/20
Paradise cold play

Serenity Henderson

Oct 19, 2020, 4:18:14 PM10/19/20
On Thursday, February 22, 2001 at 2:27:45 AM UTC-7, AirJordan1984 wrote:
> been searching and searching all over the internet for this one. Okay, a clip
> of the video is on that Entertainment Weekly commercial for the free 80's Wave
> CDs. In the video, the guy is on stage at a concert and streamers are falling
> down from the ceiling while he sings, "Whoa Oh Ohhhh Ohh Uh Ohhh Uh Ohhh" and
> then it echos in the background...if someone would help I would appreciate it
> so much! I've been looking for this song for the past 4 nights. Searched all
> over Napster...nothing. Help me if you know this one please!
> Mike
Lost Horizon- Highlander (The One) is the meme song

Cassandra Connelly

Apr 13, 2021, 1:01:39 AM4/13/21
I think you're looking for Right On Time by Black Box :)

rayhan

Jun 10, 2021, 11:21:01 AM6/10/21
On Thursday, February 22, 2001 at 1:27:45 AM UTC-8, AirJordan1984 wrote:
> been searching and searching all over the internet for this one. Okay, a clip
> of the video is on that Entertainment Weekly commercial for the free 80's Wave
> CDs. In the video, the guy is on stage at a concert and streamers are falling
> down from the ceiling while he sings, "Whoa Oh Ohhhh Ohh Uh Ohhh Uh Ohhh" and
> then it echos in the background...if someone would help I would appreciate it
> so much! I've been looking for this song for the past 4 nights. Searched all
> over Napster...nothing. Help me if you know this one please!
> Mike

It has to be Things can only get better by Howard Jones

Milo Zabál

Jul 28, 2021, 9:08:01 PM7/28/21

YEAH IT WAS TARZAN BOY BY BALTIMORA !!!!!! WHAT A GREAT TUNE!!!

Kenneth Nicklowicz

Sep 20, 2021, 7:31:35 PM9/20/21
On Thursday, February 22, 2001 at 4:27:45 AM UTC-5, AirJordan1984 wrote:
> been searching and searching all over the internet for this one. Okay, a clip
> of the video is on that Entertainment Weekly commercial for the free 80's Wave
> CDs. In the video, the guy is on stage at a concert and streamers are falling
> down from the ceiling while he sings, "Whoa Oh Ohhhh Ohh Uh Ohhh Uh Ohhh" and
> then it echos in the background...if someone would help I would appreciate it
> so much! I've been looking for this song for the past 4 nights. Searched all
> over Napster...nothing. Help me if you know this one please!
> Mike

Eric Prydz – Call On Me