Songs that start off with "1 2 3" or "1 2 3 4"

Larry Robins

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:

Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"

Anybody else?

Joseph Mildenberger

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

"One, two, buckle my shoe !" ("Lean Love" by T. Rex)

Joe

John Hammond

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

Larry Robins (rob...@snip.net) wrote:
: Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:

: Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
: A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"

: Anybody else?

Wooly Booly - Sam the sham and the pheros?
Starts out 1,2,1,2,3, quatro

Coming at you live - Tesla

chippy

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96
to Larry Robins

Larry Robins wrote:

> Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>
> Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
> A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>
> Anybody else?

"1,2..4" Games Without Fronteirs-Peter Gabriel
"1234567" 7 Day Weekend-Elvis Costello & Jimmy Cliff
--
mailto:chi...@pacbell.net gotta love me!

Message has been deleted

Tsarina

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

coolio's 1, 2, 3, 4... sumpin new

some weird name like that

Ming Pon

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

In article <32a6ddbf...@news.snip.net>, rob...@snip.net (Larry Robins) says:

>Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>
>Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>
>Anybody else?

Beatles - I Saw Here Standing There ... Can't remember which album

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 ---
Well she was just seventeen,
If you know what I mean
and the way she looked, was way beyond compare .....

Ming ...

jamburger

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

> |> Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
> |> A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"

> "One, two, buckle my shoe !" ("Lean Love" by T. Rex)

I Saw Her Standing There (The Beatles)
Wooly Bully (Sam the Sham) [it starts: "Uno, Dos,1-2-3-Quatro"]

-jamburger

)))------->> No matter WHERE you go, there you ARE! <<-------(((
^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

Damian A Henri

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

"Ride My See-Saw" -Moody Blues
"Taxman" -The Beatles

ummm... I can't think of any more right now...

-Damian

Christopher J. Truffer, et. al.

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

If you want to go with some foreign flavor,
"Wooly Bully" (Sam Sham and the Pharoahs?) "uno, dos, uno dos tres cuatro"

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Larry Robins wrote:

>:Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>:
>:Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"

>:A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"

>:
>:Anybody else?
>:
>:

"Side by side they fell asleep,
Decades gliding by like Indians, time is cheap.
When they wake up, they will find,
All their personal belongings have intertwined."
-Paul Simon, "Rene and Georgette Magritte . . . "
Christopher J. Truffer, et. al., University of Maryland - Baltimore County
ctr...@gl.umbc.edu
End Transmission . . .

Jeremy Meyers

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

rob...@snip.net (Larry Robins) wrote:

>Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>
>Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>
>Anybody else?

Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
On the Road Again (Willie Nelson)
All you Need is Love (The Beatles)

Peace

SL

Bill Marcum

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

In article <32a74c6...@news.airmail.net>, Greg Helton wrote:

>Larry Robins (rob...@snip.net) wrote:
>>: Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>>
>>: Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>>: A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>
>>: Anybody else?
>
>joh...@admin.stedwards.edu (John Hammond) wrote:
>>Wooly Booly - Sam the sham and the pheros?
>>Starts out 1,2,1,2,3, quatro
>>Coming at you live - Tesla
>
>Free Four - Pink Floyd It starts out with Roger saying, "One, two, FREE
>FOUR!"

I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles

--
Bill Marcum bma...@iglou.com
"You can pay Uncle Sam with the overtime

camgib

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

Well...

Not only "1-2, 1-2-3-4" but there's some more:

"2,3,4..." -- Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen

"1... 2... 3..." -- Yer So Bad by Tom Petty... I think.

And then there's one very odd song title: 867-5309/Jenny. That's a
classic '80s song. Very forgettable band name, but the song really stuck
with us, and has been brought back via the "Big 80s" by VH1.

cam gib

nicklby

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

chippy <chi...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Larry Robins wrote:
>>
>> Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>>
>> Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>> A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>>
>> Anybody else?

>"1,2..4" Games Without Fronteirs-Peter Gabriel

>"1234567" 7 Day Weekend-Elvis Costello & Jimmy Cliff

"I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles:
"1-2-3-FUH!"

nicklby

"I read something deep in TV Guide this week."
-- L.S. Myrland
nic...@primenet.com
MSTie No. 66444
A man without a homepage

DCrosby

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

>Larry Robins (rob...@snip.net) wrote:
>>: Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>>
>>: Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>>: A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"

>>: Anybody else?

Boston: "We're Ready", from "Third Stage".

It doesn't start this way, but in the middle of the song it goes
"We're ready...two...three...four..."

___ ____ ____ ____ ____ ___ _ _
| \ | |__/ | | [__ |__] \_/
|__/ |___ | \ |__| ___] |__] |
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
dcr...@primenet.com

C. Shearer

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96
to Jeremy Meyers

There is a Gloria Estefan song where she goes 1234 Come on baby say you
love me.

------------ "i'm listening music in the bedroom
/ \ ------ laughter in the hall dive into the
| Farewell ---\ | ^ ^ | ocean singing by the fire running
| Friendlings ---/ | o | through the forest and standing in
\ / | ---- | the wind in rolling canyons i will
------------ ------ not take these things for granted."
Toad the Wet Sprocket
+ - + - + - + - + - + - +
cshe...@u.washington.edu
+ - + - + - + - + - + - +

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Jeremy Meyers wrote:

> rob...@snip.net (Larry Robins) wrote:
>
> >Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
> >
> >Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
> >A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
> >
> >Anybody else?

Anna Larke

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

Larry Robins wrote:
: Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:

: Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
: A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"

: Anybody else?

Er....
1) Elvis Presley - '1 for the money, 2 for the show, 3 to get ready now go,
go, go....' - Blue Suede Shoes
2) How Gee - Black Machine - '1,2,3,4'
3) Billy Haley and His Comets - Rock Around The Clock.
4) S-Express - S-Express - 'Uno, Dos, Tres, Quattro'

That's all I can think of for the moment,
Regards,
Anna
--
an...@neurodne.demon.co.uk
"You're body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess

Blair F. Pemberton

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

In article <dcrosby.67...@primenet.com>, dcr...@primenet.com
(DCrosby) wrote:

Try about any song by the Ramones or The Sex Pistols. Rancid also has a
few like this.

Richard Ardini

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

Wilson Pickett's "Land of 1,000 Dances" starts off
with him counting 1,2,3.

pande...@aol.com

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

every wesley willis song on "spookydisharmoniousconflicthellride"
sounts off..

Big C

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

On 12-5-1996, Larry Robins wrote:

>Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>Anybody else?

Yes, there have been quite a few good tunes which feature an
opening "count-in" on the actual finished release. For example,
the following Beatles-related recordings all have some form of
count-in:
- I Saw Her Standing There
- Taxman
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
- Yer Blues
- Instant Karma (John Lennon)
- Give Peace A Chance (John Lennon)
- Goodnight Vienna (Ringo Starr)
- Nobody Told Me (John Lennon)

Other recordings with a count-in include:
- Good Lovin' (The Young Rascals)
- Wooly Bully (Sam The Sham and The Pharaohs)
- Ball Of Confusion (The Temptations)
- Hot Pants (James Brown)
- Le Freak (Chic)

Then there are some recordings that have been released with a
count-in, but the count-in is extremely faint and hard to hear,
such as:
- Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Love Is Strange (Wings, from "Wild Life")
- The Cisco Kid (War, from "The World Is A Ghetto" vinyl LP)

Then there are some recordings that have a count-in on the LP
version, but not the 45, such as:
- Hello, It's Me (Todd Rundgren, as released on Something/
Anything?")

Then there are some recordings that were originally released
without a count-in, but have appeared later with a count-in on special
packages, for example:
- Closer To Home (I'm Your Captain) (Grand Funk, as released on
"Collectors Series")
- Funky Stuff (Kool And The Gang, as released on "The Best Of
1969-1976")
- Papa's Got A Brand New Bag (James Brown, as released on "Star
Time")

Some songs have counting in other places of the song besides the
beginning:
- You Never Give Me Your Money (The Beatles)
- Numbers (Kraftwerk) (The entire song features counting)
- Peppermint Twist (Joey Dee And The Starliters)
- Strawberry Fields Forever (The Beatles) (Clearly audible only on
CD releases)
- A Day In The Life (The Beatles)

John William Kuthe

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

In article <E1zAI...@iglou.com>,
[stuff deleted]
>>>: Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"

>>>: A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>>>Wooly Booly - Sam the sham and the pheros? (Pharoes?)

>>>Starts out 1,2,1,2,3, quatro
>>>Coming at you live - Tesla
>>Free Four - Pink Floyd It starts out with Roger saying, "One, two, FREE
>>FOUR!"
>I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles

Does "alpha, beta, gamma, habba-dabba" count?

From "Opium For The People", from No-wave Planet Gong

And a band I worrked with in 1979 had one that started "4,3,2,1", but
I'm sure you've *never* heard of The Cheep Effects! ;-) It was called
"Weirdos on the Street", and was actually quite good.

--
John Kuthe, aka jw...@cec.wustl.edu, St. Louis, Missouri |MWA Homepage:http://|
First Job of Government: Protect people from govermment.| www.missouri.edu/ |

Steve Coe

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

Raspberry Beret by Prince does unless i`m very much mistaken

--
Steve - Asteli Web Design
HTTP://www.a4000.demon.co.uk/asteli/

Andrew Croft

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

dh...@andrew.cmu.edu,NetLink1 writes:
> "Taxman" -The Beatles
> ummm... I can't think of any more right now...
> -Damian =
Beatle: I Saw Her Standing There.. 1, 2, 3,4, well she was just =
seventeen... you know what I mean...

Lennon: Give Peace A Chance - John counts in German: Ein, Zvei, Ein, =
Zvei, Drie... whatever...

Yours,
Andrew

Dani Barnard

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

I Saw Her Standing There.

Christopher J. Truffer, et. al.

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

I don't recall the exact song, but doesn't a song go:

"1,2,3,4 shalalala live for the day . . "

Barbara Crossman

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

soft...@interport.net (Jeremy Meyers) wrote:

>rob...@snip.net (Larry Robins) wrote:

>>Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>>

>>Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>>A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>>

>>Anybody else?

>Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

>On the Road Again (Willie Nelson)
>All you Need is Love (The Beatles)

>Peace

>SL

I haven't followed this thread, so I don't know if these have been
said:

Rubber Biscuit (Blue Bros version- said very faintly in the background
by Paul Shaffer: "1,2, a-1,2,3)

Lean on me (DC Talk version)

I know there are others, but I can't think of them right now...

Ferris Bu-ller

Dec 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/7/96

LSowa

Dec 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/7/96

> Larry Robins wrote:
> : Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>
> : Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
> : A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>
> : Anybody else?*********************************************************************

Promises in the..........1-2-3-4.....DAAAARRRKKK (Pat Benetar)

brad...@aol.com

Dec 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/7/96

And under the heading of "musica obscura" there was a tune by "It's a
Beautiful Day" which I think was called "Wasted" or "Wasted Union Blues"
that started with 1-2-3-4 that was tape-reversed (i.e., 4-3-2-1
backwards). Hope this helps.

Brad2339

Message has been deleted

DCrosby

Dec 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/7/96

>Ambrosia's "Holding On To Yesterday"

In The Police's"Invisible Sun", Sting is counting in the "background"
at the beginning of the song. I think he counts to seven in it if I recall.
Maybe a good offshoot of this thread would be to ask which song has the
highest number counted (not counting "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall", of
course. :) )

JRNYLVR

Dec 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/7/96

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Larry Robins wrote:

> Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>
> Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
> A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>
> Anybody else?

123 by Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine
"1-2-3-4 come on baby say you love me"

They cry in the dark so you can't see their tears
They hide in the light so you can't see their fears
Forgive and forget all the while
Love and pain become one in the same
In the eyes of a wounded child
"Hell is For Children"-Pat Benatar, Crimes of Passion

y9...@uno.edu

Dec 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/7/96

In article <32A8F7...@erols.com>, Big C <ccm...@erols.com> writes:

>On 12-5-1996, Larry Robins wrote:
>
>>Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>>Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>>A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>>Anybody else?

Gloria Estefan "1-2-3"

Jan Ekeland

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

In article <00005221...@msn.com>, REA0...@msn.com says...

>Wilson Pickett's "Land of 1,000 Dances" starts off
>with him counting 1,2,3.

So does Kris Kristofferson oruginal version of "Me And Bobby McGee" on
the album or CD named likewise.

Jan.

djs...@aol.com

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

>Gloria Estefan "1-2-3"

"Finish What Ya Started"-- Van Halen
"I Don't Wanna Grow Up"-- the Ramones (I don't remember who did the
original, Tom somebody)
"Wooly Bully"-- the Smithereens version on the "Encino Man" soundtrack
(although half is in Spanish)

do...@worldaccess.nl

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

Beatles: all together now

tommy

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

Trouser Press by the Bonzo Dog Doo Da Band
starts "1,2,3 kick"

Kevin A Barton

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

John Hammond (joh...@admin.stedwards.edu) wrote:

: Larry Robins (rob...@snip.net) wrote:
: : Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:

: : Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
: : A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"

: : Anybody else?

every Ramones song, hell 90% of all punk songs start 1-2-3-4

Dani Barnard

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

The version of "I'm So Tired" on Anthology III starts off with a count
of three.
(That would be the Beatles, of course).

Luigi 'Gigi' Ballabio

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

In article <32AB79...@dial.pipex.com>, tommy <pb...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

>Trouser Press by the Bonzo Dog Doo Da Band
>starts "1,2,3 kick"

"Land of 1000 dances", Wilson Pickett.
Also, "Jambalaya" by Fats Domino features in the middle of the song what, I
think (corrections welcome) is the longest count:
"1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9,
Baby I'm so glad you are mine"

Luigi

Nelson Santos

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

On 5 Dec 1996, Tsarina wrote:

> coolio's 1, 2, 3, 4... sumpin new
>
> some weird name like that

> Larry Robins (rob...@snip.net) wrote:
> : Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>
> : Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
> : A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>
> : Anybody else?

Guns n'Roses - Patience "1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4..."
__ __ ____ __ _
(_____)____ //////|\\\\ ___________________________________________/ \
| x | / |;;;;/~\\\| \ |x|
| x | \ (|(@)-(@)|) / 'There's no easy way to happiness, |x|
| x | / | , | \ Happiness is the way. |x|
| x | \ \ o / / |x|
| x | / _<|\-/|>_ \ GHANDI |x|
|_x_| ___\ / | \___/ | \ /__________________________________________|x|
{_____} NELSON SANTOS > gn...@cc.fc.ul.pt \_/

AK Nickel

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

In article <E1zAI...@iglou.com> bma...@iglou2.iglou.com (Bill Marcum) writes:
>From: bma...@iglou2.iglou.com (Bill Marcum)
>Subject: Re: Songs that start off with "1 2 3" or "1 2 3 4"
>Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 06:10:53 GMT

>In article <32a74c6...@news.airmail.net>, Greg Helton wrote:
>>Larry Robins (rob...@snip.net) wrote:
>>>: Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>>>
>>>: Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>>>: A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>>
>>>: Anybody else?
>>

>>joh...@admin.stedwards.edu (John Hammond) wrote:
>>>Wooly Booly - Sam the sham and the pheros?

>>>Starts out 1,2,1,2,3, quatro
>>>Coming at you live - Tesla
>>
>>Free Four - Pink Floyd It starts out with Roger saying, "One, two, FREE
>>FOUR!"
>>
>I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles

and here are The Beatles again: "Taxman" (starts with 1,2,3,4,1,2)
and about every song the Ramones ever recorded live, but this is probably not
what you want, is it?

>--
>Bill Marcum bma...@iglou.com
>"You can pay Uncle Sam with the overtime
> Is that all you get for your money?" --Billy Joel

Kieron Murphy

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

jos...@sitka.triumf.ca (Joseph Mildenberger) wrote:

>In article <32a6ddbf...@news.snip.net>, rob...@snip.net (Larry Robins) writes:
>|> Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>|>
>|> Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>|> A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>|>

> "One, two, buckle my shoe !" ("Lean Love" by T. Rex)

> Joe

JJ Cale's Crazy Momma - 1-2 1-2-3-4

Kieron

Stephan Hochhaus

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

Andrew...@magic.ca said at the 06.12.96 about "Re: Songs that start off with "1 2 3" or "1 2 3 4""
in the newsgroup /ALT/MUSIC/LYRICS:

AC>> "Taxman" -The Beatles
AC>Beatle: I Saw Her Standing There.. 1, 2, 3,4, well she was just
AC>seventeen... you know what I mean...
AC>Lennon: Give Peace A Chance - John counts in German: Ein, Zvei,
AC>Ein, Zvei, Drie... whatever...
Weezer: Buddy Holy
Pearl Jam: Porch

---
Stephan Hochhaus eMail: ste...@gismo.gun.de

## CrossPoint v3.11 ##

laura...@aol.com

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

Sixteen by No Doubt (not released as single)
1 2 3 4 Sumpin' New by Coolio

Laura

Martin Beebop

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

> >Robins) says:
> >Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded
> >song:
> >Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
> >A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
> >

> >Anybody else?
>
> Beatles - I Saw Here Standing There ... Can't remember which album
>
> 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 ---
> Well she was just seventeen,
> If you know what I mean
> and the way she looked, was way beyond compare .....
>
> Ming ...

'1-2-3-4' by Coolio(?)
__
_
|_) _ _ |_ _ _ eMail:
|_) (~ (~ |_) (_) |_) bee...@infinity.ob.rhein-ruhr.de
| bee...@dkbii.rhein-ruhr.de

PAUL

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

On Thu, 05 Dec 1996 14:42:17 GMT, rob...@snip.net (Larry Robins)
wrote:

>Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>
>Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
>A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>
>Anybody else?

1,2,3,4 - I Just want to Celebarate - Rare Earth

Tom Pendergast

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

I -think- "Can't Get Enough of Your Love" by Bad Company started off
wityh a 1-2-1-2-3- count in? I -know- that I just jumped into this
newsgroup, so if somebody's already mentioned this one, please forgive
my duplication!

--
Tom Pendergast || http://www.3rivers.com/svid.htm || shar...@pgh.net

[ are minivan drivers the biggest pig, moronic jerks ]
[ in the free world, or do they just drive that way? ]

Dmitri PASYUTIN

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

nicklby (nic...@primenet.com) wrote:
=> chippy <chi...@pacbell.net> wrote:

=> >Larry Robins wrote:
=> >>
=> >> Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
=> >>
=> >> Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
=> >> A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
=> >>
=> >> Anybody else?

A 25-response thread and noone mentioned Rock Around The Clock? ;)
Oh yeah, also Patience and One In A Million by Guns'n'Roses.

Dmitri

--
__
/\ \ __

Gerald Wetzer

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

Roxy Music: In The Midnight Hour
++ Gerald Wetzer ++
++ EA-GENERALI AG ++
++ Koordination Risikomanagement - Statistik ++
++ Vienna, Austria ++
++ ++
++ e-mail: dot...@mad.scientist.com ++
++ krm-...@via.at ++
++ fax : +43 1 53401 1948 ++
++ phone : +43 1 53401 1775 ++

Mazie F.

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

> >Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
> >

> >Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"

> >A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"

Gloria Estefan's song, I think it is actually CALLED 1234

Letters to Cleo's Pizza Cutter

The Laverne and Shirley theme song

--
Don't play stupid with ME. I'm better at it!

Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, someone invents a better idiot! - Richard Paquette
-both shamelessly clipped from Usenet posts

b...@davewc.mv.com

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

ghe...@airmail.net (Greg Helton) wrote:

>brad...@aol.com wrote:
>>And under the heading of "musica obscura" there was a tune by "It's a
>>Beautiful Day" which I think was called "Wasted" or "Wasted Union Blues"
>>that started with 1-2-3-4 that was tape-reversed (i.e., 4-3-2-1
>>backwards). Hope this helps.
>
>Ambrosia's "Holding On To Yesterday"

1,2,3,4 by Coolio
1,2,3 by Gloria Estefan and MSM

--Brian

Teddy Bear

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

5, 6, 7, 8......The theme from "Laverne and Shirley"

Jozette

ly...@aol.com

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

After the spoken intro, FEAR's "Beef Bologna" starts off with
"1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4!"

ly...@aol.com

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

"Yer So Bad" by Tom Petty. Great song!

Catty

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

Tom Pendergast <shar...@pgh.net> wrote:

>I -think- "Can't Get Enough of Your Love" by Bad Company started off
>wityh a 1-2-1-2-3- count in? I -know- that I just jumped into this
>newsgroup, so if somebody's already mentioned this one, please forgive
>my duplication!

This is driving me crazy. Ever since this thread was started, I kept hearing
Billy Ocean started singing with "One two three - " I can't remember the
title. Only that naff '80s video where he wore that glaringly white suit with a
blue t-shirt with girls, in the background, dancing in a white studio. I kept
thinking it has to do with that film: Romancing the Stone, but got the feeling I
got it wrong - but I can hear that freakin line from Billy Ocean in my head.

Am I going mad? Help!
Catty

Dante, Elmo, or Andy. Take your pick

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96
to Bill Marcum

Bill Marcum wrote:

> In article <32a74c6...@news.airmail.net>, Greg Helton wrote:
> >Larry Robins (rob...@snip.net) wrote:
> >>: Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:

> >>: Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
> >>: A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
> >
> >>: Anybody else?

> >>Wooly Booly - Sam the sham and the pheros?
> >>Starts out 1,2,1,2,3, quatro
> >>Coming at you live - Tesla
> >
> >Free Four - Pink Floyd It starts out with Roger saying, "One, two, FREE
> >FOUR!"
> >
> I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles

almost any song by the Ramones. I'm serious!

--
DaNtE

check out some of my fave pages:

The UNofficial PREACHER Homepage
http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~tgatkins/preacher.html

Lobo's Frag Page
http://www.phys.psu.edu/~scalise/misc/lobo/

Mike & Dino's Hall of Annoying Buttons
http://www.portalinc.com/fractal/hall.htm

Neil Gaiman's Sandman (by far the best Sandman page I've seen)
http://stahlw00.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/people/rhildebrandt/sandman/sandman.html

Ate My Balls! Mega-Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~saguaro/balls.htm

Screwing McDonalds (no frickin' frames)
http://garlic.com/~ribarbe/mcdplain.html

Cult of the Dead Cow
http://www.10pht.com/~veggie/

Evil House of Cheat
http://www.CheatHouse.com/

Lyle Craver

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

In article <Pine.SGI.3.95.961206...@umbc8.umbc.edu>,
"Christopher J. Truffer, et. al." <ctr...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
>I don't recall the exact song, but doesn't a song go:
>
>"1,2,3,4 shalalala live for the day . . "

In all this thread I'm astonished no one has mentioned Country Joe and the
Fish at Woodstock: "One Two Three, What are we fighting for, don't ask me I
don't give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam, and it's five six seven open up the
Pearly Gates, well there ain't no time to wonder why - WHOOPIE - we're all
going to die..."

(Sorry - can't remember the title or the other two verses but you get the
idea...)

camgib

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

Catty wrote:

> This is driving me crazy. Ever since this thread was started, I kept hearing
> Billy Ocean started singing with "One two three - " I can't remember the
> title. Only that naff '80s video where he wore that glaringly white suit with a
> blue t-shirt with girls, in the background, dancing in a white studio. I kept
> thinking it has to do with that film: Romancing the Stone, but got the feeling I
> got it wrong - but I can hear that freakin line from Billy Ocean in my head.
>
> Am I going mad? Help!

Well, I should hope not!!

Grin... well that was "When The Going Gets Tough".

The bridge went like this:

Darlin', I'll climb any mountain
Darlin', I'll do anything
Can I hold you, can I hold you?
Can I touch you, touch you?
Do the things that you do!
Gotta get through to you! Oh...

And the chorus:

When the going gets tough,
When the going gets rough,
The tough gets going...

BUT I don't know the rest of the song thou. And YES it is maddeningly
addictive!

:) cam gib

Pamela S. Murray

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

How about the Beatle's "All Together Now"? (1,2,3,4, can I have a little
more?)

Tom Pendergast

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

> In article <Pine.SGI.3.95.961206...@umbc8.umbc.edu>,
> "Christopher J. Truffer, et. al." <ctr...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
> >I don't recall the exact song, but doesn't a song go:
> >
> >"1,2,3,4 shalalala live for the day . . "

Ahhh - "Live For Today" by (it's coming to me, hold on!) but in the
mean time - did it START out like that, or was that in the middle
somewhere? You know, like Springsteen's "Born To Run"? Aaaaargh! ...
I can't think of the group for that song. Wanna say The Grass Roots,
but I'm not sure ...

Triby

Dec 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/12/96

Patience by Guns n' Roses

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have something to say
It's better to burn out than to fade away

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Triby

Dec 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/12/96

Patience - Guns 'n Roses

See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya !

I'll be back !
Triby

tri...@worldonline.nl
------------------------------<

Anna Larke

Dec 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/12/96

Dmitri PASYUTIN wrote:

: nicklby (nic...@primenet.com) wrote:
: => chippy <chi...@pacbell.net> wrote:

: => >Larry Robins wrote:
: => >>

: => >> Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
: => >>
: => >> Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
: => >> A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
: => >>
: => >> Anybody else?

: A 25-response thread and noone mentioned Rock Around The Clock? ;)
: Oh yeah, also Patience and One In A Million by Guns'n'Roses.

I did!! I was about poster number 9 and I said Bill Hailey and The Comets -
Rock Around the Clock. It was the first one to come to mind.
Hmmm. What an intersting person I am!!!
See ya,
Anna

--
an...@neurodne.demon.co.uk
"You're body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess
baggage, the shorter the trip"- Arnold H. Glasow.

Christian Dady

Dec 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/13/96

"I Saw Her Standing There" by the fab four. "One...Two...Three...FUH"

Melody Bond

Dec 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/13/96

Christian Dady wrote:

> "I Saw Her Standing There" by the fab four. "One...Two...Three...FUH"

"Wolly Bully",Sam the Sham and the Pharohs (my first 45)
"Land of the Thousand Dances" by ??? 60's

DJSkip2

Dec 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/13/96

OK, I've seen too many people post it to let it slide...

LISTEN!! Coolio's song "1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New)" does NOT START OFF with
"1 2 3 4" as the original post asked for. It's merely in the chorus and
the title. The entire song starts off with a sample of someone saying
"this is some of the lingua franca of the funk, and people come from miles
around with an almost religious devotion to get on down."

In fact, on the CD itself, the song isn't even called "1 2 3 4", it's
merely called "Sumpin' New".

AGBAILEY

Dec 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/14/96

the the: i've been waiting for tomorrow
(starts with famous 7-less countdown)
m: your country needs you
(counts twice to 9 to show off fancy beat)
adrian

Craig Harvey

Dec 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/14/96

Larry Robins <rob...@snip.net> wrote in article
<32a6ddbf...@news.snip.net>...

> Here are some songs that have the count as part of the recorded song:
>
> Good Lovin' (The Rascals) "1-2-3"
> A Matter Of Trust (Billy Joel) "1-2 ,1-2-3-4"
>
> Anybody else?

"Merry go round" by COLD CHISEL has "1-2-3-4" as part of the song. It's
right near the end when you think the song is finished, then Barnesy cries
out "1-2-3-4" and the song goes on.

--

Craig Harvey
mailto:cw...@uow.edu.au

"Hi, I'm actor Troy McClure. You might remember me from such dates as, last
night's dinner!"

Counsellor

Dec 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/15/96

So? how's about Wully Bully

Craig Harvey <cw...@cs.uow.edu.au> wrote in article
<01bbe96a$536a4820$89468282@Harv>...

student.canterbury.ac.nz

Dec 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/16/96

Give peace a chance - John Lennon

Sergeo Tjon

Dec 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/16/96
> >John Lennon - Instant Karma

Paul Clancy

Dec 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/18/96

"I Saw Her Standing There", the opening track on the Beatle's first LP,
starts with a "1-2-3-4" count by Paul McCartney.

Paul Clancy
pcl...@iol.ie

Jason Q.

Dec 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/22/96

And how could we forget PATIENCE by GUNS & ROSES??? :)

Jason Q.
sunr...@post1.com

Visit the GAMES SCHTUFF website at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/1057

http://www.cyberway.com.sg/~qjason

Dave Murphy

Dec 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/23/96

"Land of 1,000 Dances"--the Wilson Pickett Version
"I Saw Her Standing There" by The Beatles

And of course, almost anything by James "1, 2, 3, 4 Hit it!" Brown

e.g.

"Sex Machine" "I'm gonna count it off, 1 2 3 4"

&

"Make It Funky"-- "... what you gonna play now?"
"Bobby, I don't know, but whatsever I play, it's got to be funky"
"Yeah!" ONE, TWO, THREE, MAKE IT FUNKY!!!!!

Daniel Ho

Dec 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/25/96

BWL (b...@ic.waseca.mn.us) wrote:

: How about "Taxman" and "I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles,
: and "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Saturday Night Special" by Lynyrd Skybyrd?

Coolio's "1-2-3-4"

Dan
--
WWW Homepage: http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~dho
Address: d...@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca

LZEP

Dec 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/28/96

Led Zeppelin's "The Ocean"
-"We've done four already, but now we're steady and then they went -
1, 2, 3, 4"
(spoken by John Bonham, the master)

Martin Sagara

Jan 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/3/97

Tower Of Power's 1976 song, "Drop It In The Slot" starts with a "1 2 3 4" count.

Martin Sagara "Visualize Whirled Peas"
University Of Colorado Trivia Bowl Alumnus
1981, "We Need Your Help Barry Manilow"
msa...@rmii.com

Stormy Young

Jan 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/3/97

Alright, don't burn my place down buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, what about that old
teeny bopper song '1-2-3 Red Light'??

--
Stormy Young

"Interior war drives him, shorn of sleep,
chronicled in wounds....."
Larry Beckett

quokka

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

Daniel Ho wrote:

> BWL (b...@ic.waseca.mn.us) wrote:
>
> : How about "Taxman" and "I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles,
> : and "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Saturday Night Special" by Lynyrd Skybyrd?
>
> Coolio's "1-2-3-4"

Slade's "Bangin' Man" starts with a count in of 1-2-3.

Pamela Lee

--
_ __,----,,, "You're so... consumed by your personal
// \.-' `, vengeance against life, whether it be its
| 9 ) ,, / | everything takes on a warped significance
'--'--'|/\(_( / in your megalomaniacal cosmology."
(( (( \ / Scully (to Mulder) - "Quagmire"
__\_) / ',__________
pll '--------'`--------------' Pamela Lee --- quo...@magna.com.au

ma...@intercoast.com.au

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

quokka <quo...@magna.com.au> wrote:

>Daniel Ho wrote:
>>
>> BWL (b...@ic.waseca.mn.us) wrote:
>>
>> : How about "Taxman" and "I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles,
>> : and "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Saturday Night Special" by Lynyrd Skybyrd?
>>
>> Coolio's "1-2-3-4"

>Slade's "Bangin' Man" starts with a count in of 1-2-3.

"Sweet Home Alabama" starts off with "1-2-3" <pause> <guitar riff>,
and "The Look" has "1-2-3-4" in the intro. Both are really great
songs.

See ya, | ma...@intercoast.com.au
Maddy |
^^^ |
E-mail me for my PGP key

Andrew Hart

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs' "Wooly Bully"
The Young Rascals' "Good Lovin'"
The Beatles' "ISaw Her Standing There"

Peacocks

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

then there's 1,2,3,4 (sumpin' new) by coolio

Loki007

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

How's about "Matter of Trust" by Billy Joel or "Wooly Bully" by the
Pharoes? Actually, the latter starts off "1, 2, Uno Dos Tres Quatro,"
but it's the same thing, right?

Loki

Meredith Mendelson

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

'off he goes' by pearl jam, off the no code album starts off witha 1,2,3
count...
jayla

Green Mind

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

Two songs by face to face start off "1,2...1,2,3,4" if that counts.

The songs are:
"You've Done Nothing" off of "Don't Turn Away" (Fat Wreck Chords)
"Struggle" off of "Big Choice" (Victory Recordings)

Both tracks start the respective albums and the beginning of "Struggle"
is a mixed and scratched version of the beginning of "You've Done
Nothing".

S. Hasson

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

A duet by Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers and ...???? Any help,
the faster the better, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seana

Fabian Rowie

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97
to ma...@intercoast.com.au

ma...@intercoast.com.au wrote:

> quokka <quo...@magna.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Daniel Ho wrote:
> >>
> >> BWL (b...@ic.waseca.mn.us) wrote:
> >>
> >> : How about "Taxman" and "I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles,
> >> : and "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Saturday Night Special" by Lynyrd Skybyrd?
> >>
> >> Coolio's "1-2-3-4"
>
> >Slade's "Bangin' Man" starts with a count in of 1-2-3.
>
> "Sweet Home Alabama" starts off with "1-2-3" <pause> <guitar riff>,
> and "The Look" has "1-2-3-4" in the intro. Both are really great
> songs.

"Sergent Pepper ... (reprise)" by the beatles
"The Masterplan" by Oasis

--

Fabian ROWIE
Laboratoire d'Enseignement Multimedia

Nancy Rowland

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

"S. Hasson" <sha...@uic.edu> wrote:

>Thanks,

>Seana

It's by Michael McDonald of The Doobie Brothers and Phillip Bailey of
Earth, Wind and Fire. It came out in 1985 and has been covered at
least once by a Christian artist, but I can't remember who. I'm afraid
I can only remember the first verse, so I can't help with lyrics, but
maybe what's here will help.
Nancy :-)

Bo Williams

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97
to wrwi...@ingr.com

S. Hasson wrote:

> A duet by Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers and ...???? Any help,
> the faster the better, is greatly appreciated.

Gee, I can almost tell you. James Ingram, maybe? The title is "Yah Mo
B There."
--
Bo Williams - wrwi...@ingr.com
Not speaking for Intergraph Corporation.

Pam Von Krosigk

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

"S. Hasson" (sha...@uic.edu) writes:
> A duet by Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers and ...???? Any help,
> the faster the better, is greatly appreciated.

The song is "Yah Mo B There" by Michael McDonald and James Ingram.
I don't have the lyrics handy, but the main one is "Yah mo be there,
up and over, yah mo be there, up and over..[]...whenever you call".
The rest should be pretty easy to figure out. The song is basically
about God, the first line mentions the "heavenly Father".

Hope this helps,

Pam V.K.
Indy

jamburger

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

In article <Pine.A32.3.93.970106...@tigger.cc.uic.edu>,
"S. Hasson" <sha...@uic.edu> wrote:

> A duet by Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers and ...???? Any help,
> the faster the better, is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Seana
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Seana,

"Yah Mo B There" was a Top 20 Hit for James Ingram in 1984. Michael
McDonald was actually the guest back-up vocalist on Ingram's recording. A
native of Akron Ohio, Ingram also shared a #1 Hit duet with Patti Austin
in 1982, "Baby, Come to Me".

Now you know!

-jamburger

)))------->> No matter WHERE you go, there you ARE! <<-------(((
^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

Christopher Warren Greene

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

Matter of Trust, Billy Joel: 1,2,1,2,3,4...
40, U2 (studio vers.) 2,3,4

Chris Greene *"How can anyone govern a nation
UVA Environmental Sciences * that has 246 kinds of cheese?"
cw...@virginia.edu *
http://fermi.clas.virginia.edu/~cwg5p * --Charles de Gaulle

Jason Q.

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

Patience, Guns N Roses

CatHeadRec

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

How about "Wooly Bully" by Sam the Sham & the Pharoahs?
Or "I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles?
Or "Good Lovin'" by the Young Rascals?

Adam Lefton

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

Loki007 wrote:

> ma...@intercoast.com.au wrote:
> >
> > quokka <quo...@magna.com.au> wrote:

> > >Slade's "Bangin' Man" starts with a count in of 1-2-3.
> >
> > "Sweet Home Alabama" starts off with "1-2-3" <pause> <guitar riff>,
> > and "The Look" has "1-2-3-4" in the intro. Both are really great
> > songs.

> > See ya, | ma...@intercoast.com.au
> > Maddy |
> > ^^^ |
> > E-mail me for my PGP key
>
> How's about "Matter of Trust" by Billy Joel or "Wooly Bully" by the
> Pharoes? Actually, the latter starts off "1, 2, Uno Dos Tres Quatro,"
> but it's the same thing, right?
>
> Loki

Every single song sung live by the Ramones starts off with "1, 2, 3, 4"

G.W. Owen

Jan 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/15/97

Andrew Hart (ah...@smartt.com) wrote:
: Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs' "Wooly Bully"

: The Young Rascals' "Good Lovin'"
: The Beatles' "ISaw Her Standing There"

Afterhours, The Velvet Underground
--
Gareth Owen. One cannot hope to bribe or twist,
<G.W....@keele.ac.uk> Thank God, the British journalist.

Michael McKay

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

also, A song by D'Angelo called "I Found My Smile Again" on the Space Jam
Soundtrack.
Marcus...@ecrknox.com

Roberta Gledhill

Jan 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/17/97

I haven't been following this, but did you also want songs with 1 2 3 in the
title? If so, has anyone mentioned *1 2 3 Red Light*? I think it was by the
*1910 Fruitgum Company*

Cheers
Roberta

It is loading more messages.