Ive got to get away? Song I can't get out of my head, but don't know what it is

Remy

Oct 16, 2002, 2:20:24 AM10/16/02
My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
"I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
me out?

dickydoo

Oct 16, 2002, 4:59:36 AM10/16/02
Is it Me and My Life by the Tremeloes ?
"Remy" <remymar...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Gunther Anderson

Oct 16, 2002, 9:40:35 AM10/16/02

Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz?

ade

Oct 16, 2002, 4:43:04 PM10/16/02
Could be "I Could Be Happy" by Altered Images

On 15 Oct 2002 23:20:24 -0700, remymar...@hotmail.com (Remy)
wrote:

http://www.gopha.net

Tony Tony Tony

Oct 20, 2002, 10:00:10 PM10/20/02
Sounds like Tainted love by soft cell

bah

Oct 24, 2002, 3:06:32 PM10/24/02
Tainted Love :

Sometimes I feel I've got to ... Runaway
I've got to .. get away...

I don't think its that...

also another I don't think it is, but is kinda similar lyrics, could be The
Offspring - Gotta Get Away

Gary Lee

Oct 25, 2002, 12:36:43 AM10/25/02
Possibly this one-

The English Beat - Save It for Later
Two dozen other dirty lovers
Must be a sucker for it
Cry, Cry, but I don't need my mother
Just Hold My hand while I come
To a decision on it
Sooner or later
Your legs give way, you hit the ground
Save it for later
Don't run away and let me down
Sooner or later
You hit the deck, you get found out
Save it for later
Don't run away and let me down
You let me down
Black air and seven seas and rotten through
But what can you do?
I don't know how I'm meant to act with you lot
Sometimes I don't try
I just now, now, now, now ,now .....
Two dozen other stupid reasons
Why we should suffer for this
Don't bother trying to explain them
Just hold my hand while I come
To a decision on it

Cat

Oct 25, 2002, 11:03:13 AM10/25/02
>Possibly this one-
>
>The English Beat - Save It for Later

I like this song, and there's a killer version of it by Pete Townsend, on some
live album I think. His voice is perfect, somehow.

~cat~
The world is round; it has no point. - Adrienne E. Gusoff

OrgasmicCherub

Oct 25, 2002, 2:29:57 PM10/25/02
The Corrs?>run away run away run awayyy."

Steven

Oct 26, 2002, 5:04:30 PM10/26/02
Stiff Little Fingers - Gotta Getaway

michael.g...@gmail.com

May 12, 2019, 3:24:52 PM5/12/19
Hey so I realize this is an old post but whatever. I think the song you were thinking of was Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat... I could be totally wrong but sounds like Tainted Love, is catchy, but is such a hard song to remember. Anyway, sorry for bringing this forum back up but figured it’s worth mentioning.

robinro...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2019, 4:55:00 PM6/13/19
Lenny Kravitz

winona...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2019, 5:22:50 PM7/14/19
Bubba sparxxx deliverance

jake...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2019, 2:29:04 PM7/21/19
i feel i can suffercate i gotta get away im only hiding from the truth
runaway runaway runaway
getaway runaway
getaway

lechristo...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2019, 8:34:08 PM12/9/19
I think I may have the one one for you

Fischerspooner - Emerge

https://youtu.be/217CdX7Z2tM

montana...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2019, 5:53:24 PM12/14/19
Try Daises by White Reaper.

michael....@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2020, 11:39:11 AM1/12/20
It is by Stephen, Get Away

ramseys...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2020, 6:14:41 PM3/19/20
How about ryan Tyler- run run run

auntw...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2020, 12:07:11 AM4/16/20
On Tuesday, October 15, 2002 at 11:20:24 PM UTC-7, Remy wrote:
I was having the same quest tonight. I wonder if your earworm was the same. Mine was definitely Lenny Kravitz

meri....@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2020, 9:31:54 AM6/7/20
Aerosmith - Fly Away From Here SURE IT US THISD ONE

tabo...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2020, 5:32:05 PM6/28/20
On Tuesday, October 15, 2002 at 11:20:24 PM UTC-7, Remy wrote:
Could be Shattered Dreams, by Johnny Hates Jazz.
That's what first came to my mind...
It's electronic and very catchy

"And now you've given me, given me
Nothing but shattered dreams, shattered dreams
Feel like I could run away, run away
From this empty heart"

bangbang...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2020, 9:28:01 PM7/12/20
man next door massive attack

scrm...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2020, 12:08:59 AM7/28/20
Surely you have your answer by now, but in case you don't. I believe you're talking about "Vanity Fair" by The Ocean Blue

TriangleGames

Jun 23, 2021, 3:00:08 AM6/23/21
I'm pretty sure I found this page because I was looking for the same thing.
If I'm right, it has a very clear electronic/synth feel, more like a Gary Numan kind of vibe.
Lyrics, as I recal, are something like:
"I've got to runaway, run awaaaay, toniiight
Ooooooh, da-da da-daaa da-daaaaaaa DUN! DUN!"
(possibly)
"Ooooooh, where do we gooo from heeeere, DUN! DUN!"

TriangleGames

Jun 23, 2021, 5:35:13 PM6/23/21
EDIT: Nope! I was wrong, and I am astonished. The song I was thinking of was Freetime by Kenna, but that wasn't released until 2003, and the original post here is from October of 2002. So, unless he heard some sort of pre-release version of the album, there's no way we could be talking about the same song. Oh, and there are no lyrics to that second part in Freetime. It's just "oooooh, oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oooooh."

Michael Cohen

Feb 8, 2022, 6:20:59 PM2/8/22
A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) is obviously the ACTUAL song, yall are very....imaginative....

Diana Toburen

Mar 11, 2022, 12:31:03 AM3/11/22
On Wednesday, October 16, 2002 at 2:20:24 AM UTC-4, Remy wrote:
> My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
> whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
> "I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
> The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
> me out?
Falls apart- sugar ray
definitely

Nigel Reed

Mar 12, 2022, 4:40:48 PM3/12/22
I bet the OP figured that out in the 20 years between them posting and
your response. :)

--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23

Melody Jarrells

Mar 16, 2022, 8:29:23 PM3/16/22
This is my current ear worm

Run away run away run away …..
Look away look away look away……
Male singer
Can hear these two parts but cannot remember anything but those exact words.

Nigel Reed

Mar 21, 2022, 2:46:08 AM3/21/22
On Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:29:21 -0700 (PDT)
Melody Jarrells <rave...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is my current ear worm
>
> Run away run away run away …..
> Look away look away look away……
> Male singer
> Can hear these two parts but cannot remember anything but those exact
> words.

How about Life is a Carnival by The Band?

Leavethis Here

Mar 22, 2022, 1:58:36 PM3/22/22
For me it was "Get Away" by Bobby Brown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59t4WK1bxpo

Rox S Anderson III

May 10, 2022, 7:57:13 PM5/10/22
On Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 6:20:59 PM UTC-5, Michael Cohen wrote:
> A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) is obviously the ACTUAL song, yall are very....imaginative....

You sir, are a genius. It only took 20 years. This is what the internet was made for.

JC Cook

May 19, 2022, 9:34:27 PM5/19/22
Finally...thank you!
On Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 6:20:59 PM UTC-5, Michael Cohen wrote:
Message has been deleted

ADRIANA SALISBURY

Sep 26, 2022, 5:33:15 PM9/26/22
On Wednesday, October 16, 2002 at 2:20:24 AM UTC-4, Remy wrote:
> My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
> whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
> "I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
> The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
> me out?
tainted love by soft cell

Graham Baitey

Oct 6, 2022, 3:36:35 AM10/6/22
I think the song you are looking for is I ran so far away by a flock of seagulls

Johnny Miller

Oct 6, 2022, 2:02:43 PM10/6/22
On Wednesday, October 16, 2002 at 2:20:24 AM UTC-4, Remy wrote:
> My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
> whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
> "I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
> The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
> me out?
The song you're talking about is Runaway by Jefferson Starship! Hope this answer makes it to you!

Derek Lao

Nov 27, 2022, 3:33:30 AM11/27/22
One that I'm thinking of, and been looking for, I feel goes something like

All I wanna do is, to love you
All I wanna be is, beside you
All I wanna... (some lyrics)
Run away, Run away, Run away...

P Will

Jun 15, 2023, 10:02:44 AM6/15/23
On Wednesday, October 16, 2002 at 8:20:24 AM UTC+2, Remy wrote:
> My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
> whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
> "I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
> The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
> me out?

Not this one?
Enya - Orinoco Flow
https://youtu.be/LTrk4X9ACtw

Nigel Reed

Jun 21, 2023, 2:50:47 PM6/21/23
Nah, either Psycho Killer by Talking Heads or I Ran by A Flock of
Seagulls, which is what I put my money on.

Cristina Fogarty

Jun 29, 2023, 8:36:58 PM6/29/23

Cristina Fogarty

Jun 29, 2023, 8:38:56 PM6/29/23
On Wednesday, 16 October 2002 at 14:40:35 UTC+1, Gunther Anderson wrote:
> Remy wrote:
> >
> > My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
> > whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
> > "I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
> > The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
> > me out?
> Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz?
It’s gotta be tainted love it goes exactly like that I don’t know more people haven’t put this.

Here are some lyrics
Sometimes I feel I've got to run away
I've got to get away
From the pain you drive into the heart of me
The love we share seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my life
For I toss and turn, I can't sleep at night

Nigel Reed

Jul 9, 2023, 8:36:47 PM7/9/23
Because there's nothing like "run awayyyyy" in Tainted Love :)

Good song tho.

lyser g

Nov 2, 2023, 2:52:56 PM11/2/23
Maverick Sabre - Into Nirvana