Anyone remember "Jennifer Tompkins"?

Gnome of Zurich

Dec 19, 2001, 9:54:01 PM12/19/01
Must've been around 1968. I have *no* idea who did it, and
I don't think I've heard it since it was on the charts. The first
part went:

Jennifer Tompkins was born on a Sunday
Her daddy got drunk and left home on a Monday.
Her mother, she died young - when Jenny was seven,
And Jennifer Tompkins went to work at eleven.

I swear, just ain't fair. Trouble, trouble everywhere.
Oh, Lord, c'mon down, got to spread some love around.
I swear, just ain't fair. Trouble, trouble everywhere.
Oh, Lord, c'mon down, ain't no love that can be found.

Anyone remember any more? Who performed this song?

Harold Groot

Dec 20, 2001, 12:16:59 AM12/20/01
"Jennifer Tomkins" (no 'p') was a minor hit for Street People in 1970
(made it to #36).

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:54:01 -0800, "Gnome of Zurich" <gn...@home.com>

bryan....@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2017, 2:32:19 PM2/11/17
Rupert Holmes first hit. Escape (The Piña Colada Song) was another along with Him. He wrote a lot of songs for others. The Partridge Family, Barbra Streisand and Barry Manilow