LYR: Inky Dinky Parlez Vous

SingsIrish Songs

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
know the lyrics?

Thanks,

SingsIrish Songs

Paul Laughlin

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
to SingsIrish Songs
SingsIrish Songs wrote:

> Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous"

It's "Hinky Dinky Parlez Vous"

Paul in Portland OR

HeelsFans

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98

HINKY DINKY PARLEY VOO (Al Rubin, Irving Mills, Jimmy McHugh & Irwin Dash)

Mademoiselle from Armetieres, parley voo. Mademoiselle from Armetieres, parley
voo.
Mademoiselle from Armetieres, parley voo. She hasn't been hugged for forty
years. Hinky dinky parley voo.
Farmer, have you a daughter fair, parley voo. Farmer, have you a daughter fair,
parley voo.
Farmer, have you a daughter fair, parley voo who washes the family underwear?
Hinky dinky parley voo.

Tony Wright

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
Here's a popular parody...

HINKY DINKY PARLEY VOO

Two young German men crossed the Rhine, parley voo,
Two young German men crossed the Rhine, parley voo,
Two young German men crossed the Rhine,
To kiss their women and drink the wine, Hinky Dinky Parley Voo

Derek Purkiss

Oct 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/4/98
In article <6urvhj$vpo$1...@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>, Tony Wright
<muz...@ozemail.com.au> writes
What about the one that goes....

There was an old lady of ninety two parley voo
There was an old lady of ninety two parley voo
There was an old lady of ninety who done a fart and off it flew
Inky pinky parley voo........
--
Derek Purkiss
Mon-Fri derek....@ashursts.com

Harley + Barb Tuck

Oct 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/7/98
to Derek Purkiss
My Dad kept a diary during his WWII time in the Army Air Corps. He wrote
about the marching songs they sang in Basic Training and "Hinky Dinky
Parly Voo" was one of them. He gives these lyrics as what they sang in
1943:

The second lutenant went over the top parly voo,
The second lutenant went over the top parly voo,
The second lutenant went over the top
He must have heard a penny drop.
Hinkey dinkey parly voo

The second luetenants been at it again parley voo
The second luetenants been at it again parley voo
The second luetenants been at it again parley voo
They'll win the war with a fountain pen
Hinkey dinkey parly voo.

----------------

The whole diary can be found at http://w3.tvi.cc.nm.us/~pwyll/wwii_s17

Harley Tuck Jr
gwy...@nmia.com

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
********TO RESPOND TO US, THE CORRECT ADDRESS IS gwy...@nmia.com *******
H: A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanations. - Saki
B: Courage--fear that has said its prayers. - Dorothy Bernard

Alex Eggert

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
In article <AwLnQKAq...@delboys.demon.co.uk>, Derek Purkiss
<de...@delboys.demon.co.uk> writes

I think the song was officially called "Mademoiselle from Armentieres"

It was a WW1 army marching song, originally British but rapidly adopted
by Australians, Canadians etc and (I suppose) Americans eventually.

There were dozens, possibly hundreds of verses (they were easy to invent
after all). Two that I know of go like this;

Mademoiselle from Armentieres, parlez vous?
Mademoiselle from Armentieres, parlez vous?
Mademoiselle from Armentieres, hasn't been ****ed for forty years
Indy dinky parlez vous

Mademoiselle from gay Paree, parlez vous?
Mademoiselle from gay Paree, parlez vous?
Faithful to me, faithful to you, faithful to the whole damn army too
Indy dinky parlez vous

I don't know, but I suspect that "parlez vous" was all the French that
the average British soldier thought he needed for negotiating with a
local prostitute. It was certainly all the French the average Tommy
had.

Alex Eggert

Wheels of Terror

OVansickle

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98

The correct name is: Hinky Dinky Parlay Voo
written by Dubin-McHugh

"What has become of Hinky Dinky Parly Voo?
What has become of Hinky Dinky Parly Voo?
Maybe she is still true to you and
True to the rest of the army too,
Hinky Dinky Parly Voo"
Red Van Sickle
"It's nice to be important, but,
it's more important to be nice"

Wayne Garvin

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
alt.music.lyrics web site, FAQ and Frequently Requested Lyrics
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/3431/aml.html

On 10 Oct 1998 18:29:36 GMT ovans...@aol.com (OVansickle) wrote:

>The correct name is: Hinky Dinky Parlay Voo
>written by Dubin-McHugh

Nope. Alex Eggert is right - the title is "Mademoiselle from Armentières
(Armentières March)" and it was written by Norman F. Nicholson. Here are the
lyrics that are credited to Nicholson. There have probably been *many*
variations since.

Mademoiselle from Armentières (Armentières March)
- written by Norman F. Nicholson

Mademoiselle from Armentières, "Parley voo"
Mademoiselle from Armentières, "Parley voo"
Mademoiselle from Armentières, she hasn't been kissed for twenty years
Inky, Pinky, "Parley voo"

Father, have you any good wine? "Parley voo"
Father, have you any good wine? "Parley voo"
Father, have you any good wine, fit for a soldier of the line?
Inky, Pinky, "Parley voo"

Daughter, I have very good wine, "Parley voo"
Daughter, I have very good wine, "Parley voo"
Daughter, I have very good wine, fit for a soldier of the line
Inky, Pinky, "Parley voo"

ssrichard...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2014, 1:23:42 PM6/15/14
On Tuesday, 29 September 1998 08:00:00 UTC+1, SingsIrish Songs wrote:
> Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
> know the lyrics?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SingsIrish Songs

The old army version WWI I will leave for you to work out:

http://www.odps.org/glossword/index.php?a=term&d=3&t=383

pink•ie or pink•y (ˈpɪŋ ki)

n., pl. pink•ies.
Informal. the little finger.
[1585–95; < Dutch pinkie, dial. variant of pinkje, diminutive of pink little finger]

inky (ˈɪŋkɪ)
adj, inkier or inkiest
1. resembling ink, esp in colour; dark or black
2. of, containing, or stained with ink: inky fingers.
ˈinkiness n

Harold Groot

Jun 18, 2014, 5:25:32 AM6/18/14
On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:23:42 -0700 (PDT),
ssrichard...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Tuesday, 29 September 1998 08:00:00 UTC+1, SingsIrish Songs wrote:
>> Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
>> know the lyrics?

>The old army version WWI I will leave for you to work out:
>http://www.odps.org/glossword/index.php?a=3Dterm&d=3D3&t=3D383

I hope he wasn't holding his breath waiting for an answer - that was a
request from 16 years ago....

cplgat...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2015, 7:38:52 PM8/9/15
My father fought in WWII. These are the lyrics he taught me:

The mademoiselle of armentiers parlez-vous:|
She put her undies in the sink
And holy Moses did they stink
Hinky dinky parlez-vous.

The second lieutenants are at it again parlez-vous:|
The second lieutenants are at it again
Ther're winning the war with a fountain pen
Hinky dinky parlez-vous.

The Wacs and Wavs will win the war parlez-vous:|
The Wacs and Wavs will win the war
So what the hell are we fighting for
Hinky dinky parlez-vous.

They say this is a mechanized war parlez-vous:|
They say this is a mechanized war
So what the hell are we walking for
Hinky dinky parlez-vous.

I hope this helps some of you.

cplgat...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2015, 8:01:03 PM8/9/15

cplgat...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2015, 8:01:33 PM8/9/15

kgande...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2017, 7:36:07 AM12/20/17
On Tuesday, September 29, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, SingsIrish Songs wrote:
> Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
> know the lyrics?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SingsIrish Songs

it is inky dinky. this refers to the standard treatment for gonorrhea in the day of infusing ones nether region in a nasty iodine solution. in other words, "if you play, you're gonna pay, understand?" my grandfather was there and explained the song to me once.

Mack A. Damia

Dec 20, 2017, 4:31:27 PM12/20/17
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 04:36:05 -0800 (PST), kgande...@gmail.com
wrote:
Nonsense.

Many of the verses became quite risque, but there is no evidence that
"inky-dinky" referred to the standard treatment for gonorrhea.

Show me the proof.

czu...@cizcpa.com

Oct 25, 2018, 11:57:31 AM10/25/18
On Tuesday, September 29, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, SingsIrish Songs wrote:
> Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
> know the lyrics?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SingsIrish Songs

The first marine found the bean parlez vous
The second marine cooked the bean parlez vous
The third marine ate the bean and pissed all over the captains bean inky dinky parlez vous

rober...@hotmail.com

Jun 23, 2019, 11:54:06 AM6/23/19
On Tuesday, September 29, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, SingsIrish Songs wrote:
> Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
> know the lyrics?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SingsIrish Songs

Mademoiselle from Armentieres
Parlez-vous
Mademoiselle from Armentieres
She hasn't been kissed for 40 years
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from Armentieres
Parlez-vous
She got the palm and the croix de guerre
For washin' soldiers' underwear
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

The Colonel got the Croix de Guerre
Parlez-vous
The Colonel got the Croix de Guerre
The son-of-a-gun was never there
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from Armentieres
Parlez-vous
You didn't have to know her long
To know the reason men go wrong
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from Armentieres
Parlez-vous
She's the hardest working girl in town
But she makes her living upside down
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from Armentieres
Parlez-vous
The cooties rambled through her hair;
She whispered sweetly "C'est la guerre"
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from Armentieres
Parlez-vous
She'll do it for wine she'll do it for rum
And sometimes for chocolate or chewing gum
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from Armentieres
Parlez-vous
You might forget the gas and shell
But you'll nev'r forget the Mademoiselle
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from Armentieres
Parlez-vous
Where are the girls who used to swarm
About me in my uniform?
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from St. Nazaire
Parlez-vous
The Mademoiselle from St. Nazaire
She never washed her underwear
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from Aix-Les-Bains
Parlez-vous
Mademoiselle from Aix-Les-Bains
She gave the Yankees shooting pains
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

Oh Mademoiselle from Montparnasse
Parlez-vous
As soon as she'd spy a Colonel's brass
She'd take off her skirt and roll in the grass
Hinky-dinky parlez-vous
=======================> but I'm trying to find the chords for this....

amaxw...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2019, 6:17:44 AM11/19/19
I always knew it as ‘inky pinky parlez-vous’ so there must be more than one version.

Sherry Lusk

Jul 27, 2021, 8:13:24 AM7/27/21
On Tuesday, September 29, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, SingsIrish Songs wrote:
> Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
> know the lyrics?
> Thanks,
> SingsIrish Songs
Here's the one I was taught by my mom's boyfriend in the 70s.

The 2nd lieutenant went over the top
in parlez vous
The 2nd lieutenant went over the top
in parlez vous
The 2nd lieutenant went over the top, he thought he heard a nickel drop
Inky Dinky parlez vous

The wax -n ways are winning the war
in parlez vous
the wax -n ways are winning the war
in parlez vous
the wax -n ways are winning the war, so what the heck we fighting for
Inky Dinky Parlez vous

Robert Lucian

Sep 23, 2021, 5:03:28 PM9/23/21

Robert Lucian

Sep 23, 2021, 5:15:20 PM9/23/21

Gig McSweeney

Nov 6, 2023, 10:03:52 AM11/6/23
It's inky pinky. Only the Yanks say hinky dinky, and we all know they don't know what they're on about. It was British soldiers taking a popular traditional French song (Madamoiselle of From Armentieres) and giving it their usual makeover. 'There was an old lady at 92 parlez vous. There was an old lady at 92 parlez vous. There was an old lady at 92, done a fart and out it blew, inky pinky parlez vous.'

Gig McSweeney

Nov 6, 2023, 10:07:53 AM11/6/23
Wrong! It's "inky pinky parlez vous", not hinky dink, or even hinky stinky. Our soldiers made up the song, so take it from us.